Options

The Echoes Of Ahmed's Clock In Muslim History

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Guessing this whitehouse visit is not going to pan out then.
    Damn this poor little muslim is getting a shitkickin.
    His family turned down an invitation to the whitehouse.
    Hmmm
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,626

Hmmm

What are you talking about? The kid already visited the White House.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

Hmmm

What are you talking about? The kid already visited the White House.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    The kid posted an extremely excited tweet about having met the President though. He seemed pretty stoked about it. It was the American people and the media that drove them out of the country, and it's absolutely shameful. Even just the article you just posted... way to take a big dump on the kid's moment of meeting the Prez, about which he was actually very pleased.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Hmmm

Thought I caught a whiff of another poster who's prone to using such disrespectful terms.

Another one in that club, huh. Too bad.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/clock-kid-ahmed-mohamed-and-his-family-will-move-to-qatar/2015/10/20/a95ed296-7762-11e5-b9c1-f03c48c96ac2_story.html

hedonist said:

Hmmm

Thought I caught a whiff of another poster who's prone to using such disrespectful terms.

No Hedo, you are referring to the one and the same person unfortunately.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    edited October 2015
    g under p said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/clock-kid-ahmed-mohamed-and-his-family-will-move-to-qatar/2015/10/20/a95ed296-7762-11e5-b9c1-f03c48c96ac2_story.html

hedonist said:

Hmmm

Peace

Who cares what I call this guy?
    Why is this guy still news?
    Within 24hrs of a whitehouse visit he goes back to his sharia law "modern" country?
    This whole story stinks all because his parents played the poor muslim card.
    So hedo thanks again for late chiming - stick to the topic and not make it personal about my comments as was mentioned in another thread. Contribute with an opinion about the thread topic or just don't say anything.

GunderP - The article you posted just has a messy overtone written all over it. This story has gone away. It is clear that the laws in your country did not go well with this muslim family and they have returned to what is better for them.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

g under p said:

hedonist said:

Hmmm

Peace

Who cares what I call this guy?
    Why is this guy still news?
    Within 24hrs of a whitehouse visit he goes back to his sharia law "modern" country?
    This whole story stinks all because his parents played the poor muslim card.
    So hedo thanks again for late chiming - stick to the topic and not make it personal about my comments as was mentioned in another thread. Contribute with an opinion about the thread topic or just don't say anything.

GunderP - The article you posted just has a messy overtone written all over it. This story has gone away. It is clear that the laws in your country did not go well with this muslim family and they have returned to what is better for them.
    Settle down, Sally!

I'll post what I want, when I want, and am ever-mindful of the guidelines here. Pretty much abide by them and assume the mods will let me know if I'm out of line.

My opinion is that your (non-personal?) term was unnecessary and out of line.

Now we can move on.

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I'm compelled to point out that Qatar isn't "his" country. He was born in Sudan. He is moving to Qatar because he's been offered a scholarship by the Qatar Foundation:
    “After careful consideration of all the generous offers received, we would like to announce that we have accepted a kind offer from Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development (QF) for Ahmed to join the prestigious QF Young Innovators Program, which reflects the organization’s on-going dedication to empowering young people and fostering a culture of innovation and creativity,” the family said in a news release Tuesday.
    The scholarship is going to cover him for high school and university, and to be clear there are a few American Universities already set up over there:
    WHO IS INVOLVED WITH THE FOUNDATION?

Outposts of American universities, a business hub designed to foster technological innovation and cultural projects such as the national library and a philharmonic orchestra all fall under the foundation's umbrella.

The American university campuses, which attract both Qataris and foreign students, are clustered in the foundation's Education City on the western edge of Doha. They include Carnegie Mellon University, Georgetown University, Northwestern University and Texas A&M University.
    Frankly it seems like a huge opportunity for him. Apparently people move all the time to go to university, particularly when they receive scholarships to prestigious ones. I wonder if anyone would have even blinked if he announced his family would be relocating to England so he could attend Oxford University.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    ldent42 said:

I'm compelled to point out that Qatar isn't "his" country. He was born in Sudan. He is moving to Qatar because he's been offered a scholarship by the Qatar Foundation:

“After careful consideration of all the generous offers received, we would like to announce that we have accepted a kind offer from Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development (QF) for Ahmed to join the prestigious QF Young Innovators Program, which reflects the organization’s on-going dedication to empowering young people and fostering a culture of innovation and creativity,” the family said in a news release Tuesday.
    The scholarship is going to cover him for high school and university, and to be clear there are a few American Universities already set up over there:
    WHO IS INVOLVED WITH THE FOUNDATION?

Outposts of American universities, a business hub designed to foster technological innovation and cultural projects such as the national library and a philharmonic orchestra all fall under the foundation's umbrella.

The American university campuses, which attract both Qataris and foreign students, are clustered in the foundation's Education City on the western edge of Doha. They include Carnegie Mellon University, Georgetown University, Northwestern University and Texas A&M University.
    Frankly it seems like a huge opportunity for him. Apparently people move all the time to go to university, particularly when they receive scholarships to prestigious ones. I wonder if anyone would have even blinked if he announced his family would be relocating to England so he could attend Oxford University.

It looks like he Anmed has a bright future and his family has made a major decision to enlighten/educate this teens future. Good for him.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Ahmed Mohamed, the 14-year-old so-called “clock kid” who made headlines after being arrested for bringing a homemade clock to his Texas school, is seeking $15 million in damages and written apologies from the Irving, Texas mayor and police chief.

http://national.suntimes.com/national-world-news/7/72/2174614/ahmed-mohamed-wants-15-million-written-apologies
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,214
    hey kids bring something to school you shouldn't and aren't allowed to and get $15 million. :confounded: america land of opportunity
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited November 2015

Ahmed Mohamed, the 14-year-old so-called “clock kid” who made headlines after being arrested for bringing a homemade clock to his Texas school, is seeking $15 million in damages and written apologies from the Irving, Texas mayor and police chief.

http://national.suntimes.com/national-world-news/7/72/2174614/ahmed-mohamed-wants-15-million-written-apologies

Who says Muslim immigrants can't be assimilated into American culture....?
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Who says Muslim immigrants can't be assimilated into American culture....?
    Hahaha good one
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
  • Options
    CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    Fucking little punk mother fucker
  • Options
    edited December 2015
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,848

disappointing, but not at all surprising.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I imagine it is the kid's parents who are driving the bus here. And yes, they definitely picked up the American way while they were State-side!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Just for comparison of an equally valued time piece

Graves Supercomplication. An 82-year-old pocket watch that took 8 years to build is valued at $15M.

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Typical
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    hahahhahhahhah ! he ain't such a poor little muslim boy now is he, dumbama will make sure he gets the money LOL !

Godfather.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,848

hahahhahhahhah ! he ain't such a poor little muslim boy now is he, dumbama will make sure he gets the money LOL !

Godfather.

this doesn't even make sense.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561

Godfather.

Another intelligent, well thought out, and mature statement from the gf.
  • Options
    edited December 2015