Options

The Echoes Of Ahmed's Clock In Muslim History

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited September 2015
    GF, you seem so scared. That's too bad.

FYI, what I suppose you must think of a "real Americans" actually pose a greater threat than those you seems so scared of.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    edited September 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

FYI, what I suppose you must think of a "real Americans" actually pose a greater threat that those you seems so scared of.

Yep! As Nikita Khrushchev had it figured out a long time ago- our greatest threat comes from within, not from the outside.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

FYI, what I suppose you must think of a "real Americans" actually pose a greater threat that those you seems so scared of.

Yep! As Nikita Khrushchev had it figured out a long time ago- our greatest threat comes from within, not from the outside.
    How true.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

Damn you 30.
    Next your going to tell me Styx and Foriegner are to old.Damn you again

Foreigner 4. What an album.

I dunnowhatyougotformrroboto... dunno... dunno
    (terrible song- great band up to that point though!)
    Haha,I hated that song also.But love Miss America,Renegade,rockin the Paradise.
    GF,nice work with the Thin Lizzy pull.The Boys are back in town fo sho
    jail break tour in 197........8 ? friggin awesome !

Godfather.

• Options
    well train crew let's all share a shot of fear and chase it down with a class of concern and throw some paranoia on the Bar-B-Q LOL !!!!!!!!

Godfather.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Satire? Please?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    hedonist said:

Satire? Please?

How depressing is it that we even have to wonder??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

Satire? Please?

Seriously.

This just CAN'T be true.

“It was a woman, but much larger than any other woman. Huge, perhaps skyscraper sized,” sobbed Harrison, a white.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,135

I once taught preschool and the first thing I would say about the drawing...... that's a pretty good drawing by a 4 year old. A clock I can understand but a drawing......*come on man*

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    edited October 2015
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

Satire? Please?

Seriously.

This just CAN'T be true.

“It was a woman, but much larger than any other woman. Huge, perhaps skyscraper sized,” sobbed Harrison, a white.
    :lol: I'm pretty sure it is indeed satire. ;)
  • Options
    Oh :blush:

I don't know the website and you just never know!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    hedonist said:

Oh :blush:

I don't know the website and you just never know!

I'm only guessing! It's just that I think the article would have a more incredulous tone to it if it were true, lol. And this quote:

“First off, stop calling him a toddler. That in there is a man,” said Special Agent Mike Long, who headed up the investigation.

:lol:
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Sorry, I never even considered ye would think it might be true, sign of the times! Waterford Whispers is a well known satirical site over here :)
  • Options
    Ahhh, the Irish version of Onion.

Every time I think I've gotten just a tiny bit wiser, my naivete kicks me in the ass!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    Did they hold the crayons as evidence? Get DNA samples? Cuff the little bastard? We can never be too careful! LOL!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,135
    Ahmed and family apparently are moving to Qatar after a visit to the White House.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/clock-kid-ahmed-mohamed-and-his-family-will-move-to-qatar/2015/10/20/a95ed296-7762-11e5-b9c1-f03c48c96ac2_story.html

Less than 24 hours after Ahmed Mohamed met President Obama, his family decided it’s time to leave America for good.

The 14-year-old Texas boy who was arrested for bringing to school a homemade clock that authorities said resembled a bomb will soon be living in Qatar.

“After careful consideration of all the generous offers received, we would like to announce that we have accepted a kind offer from Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development (QF) for Ahmed to join the prestigious QF Young Innovators Program, which reflects the organization’s on-going dedication to empowering young people and fostering a culture of innovation and creativity,” the family said in a news release Tuesday.

Anthony Bond, a close family friend and the founder of the Irving, Texas, chapter of the NAACP said the family made the decision to leave the U.S. within the past 24 hours. They have spent those hours in Washington, where Ahmed has been on a mini-press tour in anticipation of his visit to the White House.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    I've seen a lot of Americans calling this boy the "ultimate troll". Thoughts?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

never heard that ? but he is living the media dream as a celebrity of sorts, too bad obama wasn't around in the 80's I could have been a media sensation "Obama says arrested white drug addict looks like his son, if he had one" LOL !!!!!

Godfather.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    edited October 2015
    Not for nothing, but good for him. I do worry about his siblings though. Cuz it's not just him being shipped off to boarding school they're uprooting the whole family and moving there.
    To clarify, I worry for his siblings cuz they are not being accepted into the fancy school. They're gonna have to figure out a school for them over there.
    Post edited by ldent42 on
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    I'm happy to see he is moving to a much more tolerant society.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

me too.

Godfather.

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

never heard that ? but he is living the media dream as a celebrity of sorts, too bad obama wasn't around in the 80's I could have been a media sensation "Obama says arrested white drug addict looks like his son, if he had one" LOL !!!!!

Godfather.
    The media dream? It's the sentiment like I mentioned (that you apparently never heard of - I suggest you google it, because it's all over the place) and the media is what seems to have driven him right the fuck out of the country. Sounds like a living nightmare to me. For every good thing done for or said about him, three terrible things have been said. All the racists in the America are vilifying him, which is why his family is getting the fuck out.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.
    The media dream? It's the sentiment like I mentioned (that you apparently never heard of - I suggest you google it, because it's all over the place) and the media is what seems to have driven him right the fuck out of the country. Sounds like a living nightmare to me. For every good thing done for or said about him, three terrible things have been said. All the racists in the America are vilifying him, which is why his family is getting the fuck out.
    yes your right, but the reason the media drowned him publicity is because A) he's muslim and B) he was arrested because his home project resembled a bomb and with all the muslim related terrorism that has made the news this kid's story brings the threat of terrorism right into the living rooms and shcools of all Americans and that turns into dollars for the media machines, if he were a white kid it might have got a small bleep in local news and he would have never been invited to the white house or offered an education from top schools, personally....his folks should have their ass's kicked for even letting him take a home made briefcase clock to school, it they're not part of the muslim terrorist rings they are damn sure aware of the things going on so why invite possible drama into their lives ?

Godfather,
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291

Jason P said:

me too.

Godfather.

unless you are a woman or or different religious beliefs, then yea not so much. so uhh really guys?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Jason P said:

me too.

Godfather.

unless you are a woman or or different religious beliefs, then yea not so much. so uhh really guys?
    is uhh a real word ? don't make me bust out the Webster's !

Godfather.

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    I don'

pjhawks said:

Jason P said:

me too.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Get the fuck out?!?!?! You're talking about someone else's grammar?
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291

pjhawks said:

Jason P said:

me too.

Godfather.

Godfather.

uhh fucking-a right it's a real word :smiley:
  • Options
    crazy isn't it Cliffy HAHHAHAHHHAHHAHAH !

Godfather.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Jason P said:

me too.

Godfather.

Godfather.

uhh fucking-a right it's a real word :smiley:
    HAHAHHAHAH !!!!!! COOL !

Godfather.