Options

the "i'm a victim" thread

Comments

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,271
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

also, i got overserved and had a terrible hangover yesterday.

I AM A VICTIM AGAIN!!!!!

Are you playing the tele?
    yep, i'm the guy who is not dressed like the others.
    thank god! lol
    lol you should see the guys not in the picture. one looks like captain jack in pirates of the caribbean, one looks like angus young, shorts and all, and the drummer looks like a regular guy with a backwards hat.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,938

so i went to see a show saturday night. i know both guitar players pretty well and we always try to see each others shows when we play. sometimes we sit in with each others band and jam on a few tunes. i got there early and had a few shots with the boys and proceeded to get fairly liquored up..

during the last song of the night one of the guitarists walks off the stage, to the front of the stage and hands me his guitar. he says "come on man, get your ass up there and shred!! in the key of E!!" i walk to stage left and walk up the steps strumming an E chord and thinking about the tasty solo i am going to rip for all the people there. spotlight was on me and all. my adrenaline was pumping. i played maybe 2 bars of a solo and the lead singer grabs me by the back of the neck. he pulls me 2 steps to my left so i was standing right next to the other guitar player. he puts his hand on my right shoulder and says "whatever you do, don't move." i was thinking, "what is this guy gonna do?" he climbs up and stands on my left thigh and the other guy's right thigh and we made a pyramid. while he was standing on us all the lights come up and the show ended.

they took away my spotlight solo and made me a base for a pyramid!!!! I AM A VICTIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

That photo is so cool!

also, i got overserved and had a terrible hangover yesterday.

I AM A VICTIM AGAIN!!!!!

LOL! "They made me do it!" :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Looks like gimmie is an attention whore!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    You did get a couple awesome photos out of it though Gimmie. I am questioning your victimhood.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

You did get a couple awesome photos out of it though Gimmie. I am questioning your victimhood.

I'm thinking he got a few phone numbers as well.

Maybe he ran out of minutes on his cell phone as a result of being a rock star? This could make him a victim.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I've just read the last two pages of the 9/11 thread. So. I'm totally a victim. Though I did it to myself. So maybe I'm a victim AND a perpetrator?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    ldent42 said:

I've just read the last two pages of the 9/11 thread. So. I'm totally a victim. Though I did it to myself. So maybe I'm a victim AND a perpetrator?

I too am a victim of that thread.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I was a victim of Kathy Bate's random topless scene in "About Schmidt". There should have been a special warning at the beginning like "Mild Violence / Strong Language / KATHY BATES TOPLESS SCENE AT MINUTE 73!!!"

I've not watched another Jack Nicholson film since then.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited September 2015
    Jason P said:

I was a victim of Kathy Bate's random topless scene in "About Schmidt". There should have been a special warning at the beginning like "Mild Violence / Strong Language / KATHY BATES TOPLESS SCENE AT MINUTE 73!!!"

I am now a victim of the repressed memory that just shot up from the deepest, darkest part of my brain which that scene had gone to. Thanks.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Jason P said:

I am now a victim of the repressed memory that just shot up from the deepest, darkest part of my brain which that scene had gone to. Thanks.
    Never saw that film, but you both brought to mind the scene of Dennis Franz's ass on NYPD Blue.

Thanks a lot :angry:

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    hedonist said:

Jason P said:

Never saw that film, but you both brought to mind the scene of Dennis Franz's ass on NYPD Blue.

Thanks a lot :angry:

It's actually a really good movie if your into a dry vibe.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    hedonist said:

Ha! I had those snake-skin type pants in the late 80s.

Did you lay out on the hood of whitesnakes car.lol
  • Options
    Gimme,whatcha looking at in the top pic? I'm teasing,good stuff.Nice Tele.

And what song were they playing.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,039
    I got colbert tickets last week to see pj. I was very very pumped to see them in a small theatre right before a huge ass festival. Turns out nobody can watch our kids. I'm the victim!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,345
    mcgruff10 said:

I got colbert tickets last week to see pj. I was very very pumped to see them in a small theatre right before a huge ass festival. Turns out nobody can watch our kids. I'm the victim!

Still time.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Dear Gawd.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Have you asked BB? He never misses out on some free food and he loves kids.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    mcgruff10 said:

If you turn down this opportunity you will be the victim of self-loathing at the least for years to come. Have you not heard of babysitters? You pay them and they watch your kids for you.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,039

mcgruff10 said:

If you turn down this opportunity you will be the victim of self-loathing at the least for years to come. Have you not heard of babysitters? You pay them and they watch your kids for you.
    Babysitters? never heard of that word.
    Problem is i have five kids , one of which has to be picked a half hour away.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

Looks like gimmie is an attention whore!

i just got victimized :(
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    ldent42 said:

good point sir.
    i didn't get to rip my solo though. i guess pics last longer than my feelings of victimhood.

• Options

Jason P said:

yeah and because of you guys i am now reminded of that decaying old naked woman in the shining. i am a victim of my own subliminal associations.

• Options
    rr165892 said:

Gimme,whatcha looking at in the top pic? I'm teasing,good stuff.Nice Tele.

And what song were they playing.

LOL i wasn't looking at what it appears i was looking at.

that tele is actually a partscaster. the guitar player built it from old telecaster parts. all over 30 years old, except for the pickups, which he bought new. the other guitar player in the picture builds his own amps and sells them to players all over the world. they are clones of the original 1968 marshall plexi, so i was playing out of a full stack with that amp on top. i had a full on toneboner.

we were playing dirty deeds done dirt cheep. i wanted the solo but didn't get to do it. victim...

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,729
    So I went to Trader Joe's to get peanut butter. Crunchy, salted. Not creamy. Not unsalted. Guess how many were there? Zero. Oh, but there was plenty of the other kinds.
    Thanks legal weed.
  • Options
    GillycwGillycw Sydney Posts: 524
    After 30cm of hail, the ceiling of my office collapsed today.
    Missed me by that much!!
    I am a victim :bawling:
  • Options
    Gillycw said:

Missed me by that much!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuuS6owd1eQ
  • Options
    Gillycw said:

Missed me by that much!!

Holy shit! Glad it missed you!
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    Gillycw said:

Missed me by that much!!

Wow! Not just another day at the office. Glad to hear you are safe, but someone has a mess to clean up (hope it isn't you).
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    I wish you Aussies would quit pissing in buckets and leaving them in the middle of your office floor.lol
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Babysitters? never heard of that word.
    Problem is i have five kids , one of which has to be picked a half hour away.
    You're not looking at this the right way.

It sounds as if your wife is on kid duty and you're headed to the show with a buddy!