Options

the "i'm a victim" thread

Comments

• Options
    rr165892 said:

Made big plans to go see the Tigers for a weekend series in Seattle earlier this year and... Cabrera's on the DL for the 1st time in his career and we miss him. To top it off... my dad drags me to a Hank Williams Jr concert (I looked everywhere for Godfather and couldn't find him).

I'm a victim, dammit.

Did you count the rebel flags at the Bocephus concert??
    I have to admit- and said it before- the people there were extremely nice to me.

But I'm white and... JAG... listen up... extreeeemly handsome. If I was dark or holding hands with a fella... I think I might not have been received so graciously.

So, I was conflicted somewhat- knowing full well that I had nothing against many of the people there on a personal level given my fortuitous stroke of luck when I was born... yet at the same time despising the attitudes on open display at several moments of the show.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    People at country concerts are really nice.Was at Lady A last week and hitting up Luke Brian this week.
    It also is the best people watching in the world,and a total shit show when everyone gets faced.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    We need a little violin emoticon.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    Here you go Hedo.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Love it - though for a second there it appeared that fella was doing something else :sunglasses:
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Love it - though for a second there it appeared that fella was doing something else :sunglasses:

Hedo...

Sheesh.

(the multipurpose emoticon)
  • Options
    =)

Sort of on a similar plane though - if that makes sense.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    hedonist said:

What? He's just playing his own little violin.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,750
    Got groped by a pervert in the pit at a concert last night (more common than some might think). I'm a victim.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

hedonist said:

Let me beat a few to the punch: you realize that emoticon is going blind right?
  • Options
    I got called a troll on these boards
    I'm a victim :cry:
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590

hedonist said:

Why would he go blind?
    He's doing what he believes is morally right

:dizzy:
  • Options

hedonist said:

Why would he go blind?
    He's doing what he believes is morally right

:dizzy:
    Hahahaha!

And I applaud him for doing so.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Got groped by a pervert in the pit at a concert last night (more common than some might think). I'm a victim.

That absolutely sucks, PJ. I hope you called him out in some way.

Also, if violin dude goes blind, I assume his hands will be too hairy to properly use his "bow".
  • Options
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

That absolutely sucks, PJ. I hope you called him out in some way.

Also, if violin dude goes blind, I assume his hands will be too hairy to properly use his "bow".
    He got shoved around by me and a couple people around me and he slinked off. TBH, and sadly, I'm pretty used to being sexually assaulted in crowds and take it in stride. I don't feel all upset and violated (i.e. have feelings that only hurt myself). I just hope to call him out and maybe get a good shot in. It's happened to me probably a dozen times over the years. So if i can retaliate I do, though they are sometimes good enough at it to get away before I even know who it was. One time I managed to give a guy a black eye and then some guys around me gave him another. That was satisfying.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,938
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Where is the waaaaaaaaambulance?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,938

Where is the waaaaaaaaambulance?

:lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,271
    so i went to see a show saturday night. i know both guitar players pretty well and we always try to see each others shows when we play. sometimes we sit in with each others band and jam on a few tunes. i got there early and had a few shots with the boys and proceeded to get fairly liquored up..

during the last song of the night one of the guitarists walks off the stage, to the front of the stage and hands me his guitar. he says "come on man, get your ass up there and shred!! in the key of E!!" i walk to stage left and walk up the steps strumming an E chord and thinking about the tasty solo i am going to rip for all the people there. spotlight was on me and all. my adrenaline was pumping. i played maybe 2 bars of a solo and the lead singer grabs me by the back of the neck. he pulls me 2 steps to my left so i was standing right next to the other guitar player. he puts his hand on my right shoulder and says "whatever you do, don't move." i was thinking, "what is this guy gonna do?" he climbs up and stands on my left thigh and the other guy's right thigh and we made a pyramid. while he was standing on us all the lights come up and the show ended.

they took away my spotlight solo and made me a base for a pyramid!!!! I AM A VICTIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    also, i got overserved and had a terrible hangover yesterday.

I AM A VICTIM AGAIN!!!!!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    Poor Gimme! :frowning:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Poor Gimme! :frowning:

thank you!

that is more than my girlfriend said to me all day :)

• Options
    Ha! I had those snake-skin type pants in the late 80s.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Ha! I had those snake-skin type pants in the late 80s.

that is so awesome!

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Had a prostate exam today. I am most certainly a victim.
  • Options

yikes!

you win!

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

yikes!

you win!
    I hardly ever win anything...thanks...I guess...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,039

I AM A VICTIM AGAIN!!!!!

Are you playing the tele?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

I AM A VICTIM AGAIN!!!!!

yep, i'm the guy who is not dressed like the others.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,039

mcgruff10 said:

I AM A VICTIM AGAIN!!!!!

yep, i'm the guy who is not dressed like the others.
    thank god! lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......