Options

the "i'm a victim" thread

gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
today i showed up in the operating room with scrubs for children;s hospital and i got threatened with a write up for having the wrong scrubs on. my scrub card at the adult hospital stopped working last week and the lady at the back desk did not have an extra scrub card or locker room card. i had sent out several emails through the proper channels and made several phone calls to the powers that be,and nobody got back to me in time for that case. rather than missing the case, i did what was in my power. i wore the scrubs i had access to, and i got in trouble.

I AM A VICTIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post your victim stories here. i am sure we all have our own to share.
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Love this.

I'm sure I'll have more to add, but am currently being victimized by my hair - how it grows! So off to the salon I go.

Poor poor pitiful me ;)

Really seems petty on their part; sounds like you did what you could and took it in stride.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Love this.

I'm sure I'll have more to add, but am currently being victimized by my hair - how it grows! So off to the salon I go.

Poor poor pitiful me ;)

Really seems petty on their part; sounds like you did what you could and took it in stride.

aww poor you hedo.

take charge of that hair! you are no victim!

plus it is cold outside today. i am supposed to have people over to day drink outside.

I AM A VICTIM AGAIN!!!!!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

hedonist said:

Love this.

Poor poor pitiful me ;)

aww poor you hedo.

plus it is cold outside today. i am supposed to have people over to day drink outside.

I AM A VICTIM AGAIN!!!!!
    "Day drink". HA. Love it. There is something to be said about getting it on early.

I can't though cause have to mentally function. I'm a victim.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

hedonist said:

Love this.

Poor poor pitiful me ;)

aww poor you hedo.

I AM A VICTIM AGAIN!!!!!
    "Day drink". HA. Love it. There is something to be said about getting it on early.

if i were a jerk i would victim shame you. ;)

• Options

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    I don't know if I'm a victim or not.

What are the prerequisites for victimhood?
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

tough one, but Gimmi I'm sure will stand his ground and not let himself be a victim.

Godfather.

• Options

it is open to interpretation.

maybe if people are complaining in another thread about their victimhood, we could point them to this thread. all of this portraying the victim in threads recently is detracting from actual discussion because the discussion becomes all about that particular poster and how they are a victim. if we put all of that in this thread, maybe things will be better and maybe we get less derailing and less threads locked.

• Options

tough one, but Gimmi I'm sure will stand his ground and not let himself be a victim.

Godfather.

me stand my ground? never.

i'm a victim!

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    callen said:

hedonist said:

Love this.

Poor poor pitiful me ;)

aww poor you hedo.

I AM A VICTIM AGAIN!!!!!

Afternoon beer buzz while on the beach.mmmmmmm that's a tasty one.

I am a victim of all this fine football programming thru Monday evening.I may have to sacrifice my regular life and stay grounded into the couch.My fingers will burn from the direct tv remote and I may develop a weak bladder.My wife won't know me anymore.I AM A VICTIM !!!!!
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I was told that I couldn't get promoted at work because I did not meet the requirements listed. The requirements are 10 years experience and a 4 year degree. I have 10 years experience and I have a 2 year degree. They still said no. I think I am a victim. My employer is discriminating against me because I only have an associates degree. I'm a victim.
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I would rather be a martyr than a victim. (Oh wait, do I have to dead? Then maybe not.)

But I was a victim today when I did a mobile Starbucks order and I got there and they never got my order. So I had to wait around. Like ordinary people. I am a victim.
  • Options
    You
    Enkidu said:

I would rather be a martyr than a victim. (Oh wait, do I have to dead? Then maybe not.)

But I was a victim today when I did a mobile Starbucks order and I got there and they never got my order. So I had to wait around. Like ordinary people. I am a victim.

You elitist Southern Californians...... Suck it up like the rest of us,get in line and wait for your coffee.lol
    And try DD,Starbucks is to acidic.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    A couple weeks ago a storm was interfering with my directv. I could only get reception by switching to the standard definition channels. I had to watch tv like a peasant. I am a victim.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    edited September 2015
    I think I have this figured out....

I have to go to the Great American Beer Festival in a couple of weeks.
    I can go Thursday night or Saturday afternoon but I can't do both.

Im a victim :rage:
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    As a Muslim, where do I start? Haha
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Same place as the rest of us fuckers, BB. Nowhere, or just where we are.

*edited to add that I wish words came across better here. And that sometimes I overthink and overanalyze.

Has anyone else gotten Leary's I'm an Asshole in their head when reading the thread title?

Not saying it's Freudian or anything....
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,686
    badbrains said:

the news said YOU were the victimizer?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Bitch please...
    hedonist said:

Same place as the rest of us fuckers, BB. Nowhere, or just where we are.

Has anyone else gotten Leary's I'm an Asshole in their head when reading the thread title?

Not saying it's Freudian or anything....

He must have ripped off Bill Hicks so HE is the VICTIM!!!!

• Options
    Man, I'd love if Hicks were still around. Would be great to hear his views on the shit that's been going down.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Man, I'd love if Hicks were still around. Would be great to hear his views on the shit that's been going down.

He or Carlin.

Carlin was a curmudgeon at his later years but Hicks would have still been sharp!
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    You guys just victimized me now haha
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited September 2015
    Made big plans to go see the Tigers for a weekend series in Seattle earlier this year and... Cabrera's on the DL for the 1st time in his career and we miss him. To top it off... my dad drags me to a Hank Williams Jr concert (I looked everywhere for Godfather and couldn't find him).

I'm a victim, dammit.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Suck it up tough guy.That shit don't play here you know that.lol
  • Options

Made big plans to go see the Tigers for a weekend series in Seattle earlier this year and... Cabrera's on the DL for the 1st time in his career and we miss him. To top it off... my dad drags me to a Hank Williams Jr concert (I looked everywhere for Godfather and couldn't find him).

I'm a victim, dammit.

Did you count the rebel flags at the Bocephus concert??
  • Options
    hedonist said:

No doubt
  • Options
    Yeah it happened to me this morning I went into my fridge wanting to make bacon & pancakes when I realized there was no bacon to be had I fell to my knees with arms raised to the mighty sky it dawned on me yes yes I'm a victim .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Yeah it happened to me this morning I went into my fridge wanting to make bacon & pancakes when I realized there was no bacon to be had I fell to my knees with arms raised to the mighty sky it dawned on me yes yes I'm a victim .....

"Why dost thou curse me so?" implored Jose upon realizing the insurmountable discovery. "Damn you all to Hell!"
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Egads! Bacon, why hast thou forsaken me!?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Egads! Bacon, why hast thou forsaken me!?

Cue needle being dragged across the record.