Options

Pearl Jam NYC Pop Up Shop @ Volcom Soho

Comments

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    RG307469 said:

Sorry I got the last Subway M in the store. Also got the last XL Mets and a onesie for my niece. Only got 1 of the Pend poster, the other two I wouldn't want on my wall! They were limiting stickers and pins to 1 each, so got a set of those too. $153 - almost as much as ine of my tickets for Sat!

I'm done, not gonna go through that struggle a third time just for a chance of getting the hats or Ames poster; just gonna wait and see if they have them online.

And I'm gonna go with the Halloween 2014 shirt for the actual concert (still my fav PJ shirt that I own) and my girlfriend (who is a PJ virgin) can wear the subway one. See you in VIP2!

Sorry if you posted this before.. What time did you line up? I assume you just got out now, right? Trying to align my expectations for my own excursion on Friday.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Sorry if it's been asked before ... any pics of the Mets T-shirt available?
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    If anyone is going by there today, please send me a pm. I want to get a gift for somebody. Thanks in advance!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033

the "problem" is, if people knew they were plentiful enough for everyone who wanted one... then not a lot of people would want one. They would just realize its a print with Transformers on it.
    Transformers posters easily available at Toys r us....so lame.

London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,787
    hsohi said:

the "problem" is, if people knew they were plentiful enough for everyone who wanted one... then not a lot of people would want one. They would just realize its a print with Transformers on it.

I would never put that poster on my wall. Such an eyesore. None of the posters are great to me. Meh.

I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    I wouldn't say the Transformers poster is ugly.
    I wouldn't call it an eyesore.

What I will say is, I am a 49 year old grown man, who doesn't need to hang a Transformer poster on his wall. Actually that has been my opinion of a majority of the posters that have been released over the last few years. The artists/band seems to think that us fans are teenagers. Donkey Kong? Those Philly posters a few years back that had the cartoon characters on them? Etc.

But to each their own.
    If you enjoy the artwork, then by all means purchase it.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,332

What I will say is, I am a 49 year old grown man, who doesn't need to hang a Transformer poster on his wall. Actually that has been my opinion of a majority of the posters that have been released over the last few years. The artists/band seems to think that us fans are teenagers. Donkey Kong? Those Philly posters a few years back that had the cartoon characters on them? Etc.

But to each their own.

Lol the cartoon posters still far outweigh and surpass the super creepy mouseman 2011 Vancouver poster :)
  • Options
    Zod said:

But to each their own.

Lol the cartoon posters still far outweigh and surpass the super creepy mouseman 2011 Vancouver poster :)
    Hahaha
    Mouseman!

So much of the artwork lately seems to be geared towards 12 year olds.
    The one artists work, always reminds me of when I was 10 years old and buying a pack of Wacky Packages. The creepy aliens with 3 heads and 12 eyeballs.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    My wife was in NYC on business today. She is a member with a number in the low 50 thousands. She stopped by the store and said the people were such pricks to her. Told her the store was only for people who knew who Pearl Jam was. She didnt care about the merch so much, she always has cared more about the music. But she did care that the people running the store were assholes.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    mcgrawd2 said:

My wife was in NYC on business today. She is a member with a number in the low 50 thousands. She stopped by the store and said the people were such pricks to her. Told her the store was only for people who knew who Pearl Jam was. She didnt care about the merch so much, she always has cared more about the music. But she did care that the people running the store were assholes.

I saw a tatted up 50 year old employee trying to look like a teen age skater boy with a bunch of volcom gear on. lol
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,501
    Are any of the shirts Volcom shirts?

At the LB release pop up they had a black and red one that are probably the best quality band shirts I ever bought. Still hold up like new
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    branscop said:

I traded my wife for a sealed Benny in 2013.

Fucking shit, I had someone try to give me an OPEN Benny for my wife last week... good to know that was a bad deal.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    schapp said:

rival. said:

schapp said:

If someone would be nice enough to get a male subway shirt M, and an M of the apple one for men and an M for women, I will kindly ask my wife to sit down this one and give you a Colbert ticket. I am on the line already.

Noticed I am not 'charging' for the ticket (i intend to pay face for the shirts) but if you want to show your generosity, I won't say no :)

you are just an incredible husband. how did your wife get so lucky!?

am i reading this right? you are willing to take your wife's ticket from her if someone can hook you up with a t-shirt?
    She is not a big fan and we live in the city, so I am the one who got lucky for her being so nice to me and be willing to part with it. ;) She can come to the taping of the show any other day.

She loves the tshirts though, so she is basically giving her spot so I can buy another tshirt for her. Yesterday I got her the skyline one but everything else was out
    Hey the boys are only gonna play one song anyway... one song for a shirt, seems like a good deal to me. Especially if she's not a big fan, but is a fan of the shirts... lol
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

• Options
    mcgrawd2 said:

You should have traded her for a Benny...

Sorry I am just way too entertained with this thread...

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,640
    Are shirts spectra or tultex?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    The subway shirt is tultex. 100% pre-shrunk cotton, soft fabric but a little on the thin side IMHO.
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options

mcgrawd2 said:

She already has one.
  • Options
    when is the bootleg going to be released?
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    rupy017rupy017 Posts: 249
    hsohi said:

What? The Transformers posters are at TRU?
  • Options

Sorry if you posted this before.. What time did you line up? I assume you just got out now, right? Trying to align my expectations for my own excursion on Friday.

I entered the line at 9:30, got into the store at 11:50, and left the store at 12:42
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I hate the PJ merch scene.
  • Options
    schappschapp Posts: 160

I was who first traded the Benny away, should've known better. :D
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,617

I hate the PJ merch scene.

Yep.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Crzyern said:

Hey Dude, I am the guy in the infamous green shirt. I was 8th in line and stood there for 4 hours. They opened the doors and everyone piled in. I got 4 hats and for clarification the small amount of hats were gon IN 30 SECONDS!!! There might have been 40 hats out for the day. I bought 5 shirts and my allowed amount of posters LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. I went and put them in my car and realized I didn't buy my wife a pearl jam met shirt. So after taking my coat off as it warmed up my super green shirt was apparent. I stood in line for another hour and bought the shirt and gasp!! 2 more stickers. I really put one over on them, I even kidded with the guy at checkout that he knew me. I would be more concerned about the guy who was FIRST in line zipped in got his stuff then told them it was stolen while he rolled his post and could they be a sport and fish some sold out sizes and hats from tomorrows allotment. His truck was out in front and he was with a buddy ( who didn't buy anything that Isaw

coincidence ?
    ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=crzyern&_armrs=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC2.A0.H0.Xpearl+jam.TRS2&_nkw=pearl+jam&_sacat=0
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,961
    MT132914 said:

Crzyern said:

Hey Dude, I am the guy in the infamous green shirt. I was 8th in line and stood there for 4 hours. They opened the doors and everyone piled in. I got 4 hats and for clarification the small amount of hats were gon IN 30 SECONDS!!! There might have been 40 hats out for the day. I bought 5 shirts and my allowed amount of posters LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. I went and put them in my car and realized I didn't buy my wife a pearl jam met shirt. So after taking my coat off as it warmed up my super green shirt was apparent. I stood in line for another hour and bought the shirt and gasp!! 2 more stickers. I really put one over on them, I even kidded with the guy at checkout that he knew me. I would be more concerned about the guy who was FIRST in line zipped in got his stuff then told them it was stolen while he rolled his post and could they be a sport and fish some sold out sizes and hats from tomorrows allotment. His truck was out in front and he was with a buddy ( who didn't buy anything that Isaw

coincidence ?
    ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=crzyern&_armrs=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC2.A0.H0.Xpearl+jam.TRS2&_nkw=pearl+jam&_sacat=0
    I don't believe in coincidences.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    I'll be there Friday afternoon for the scraps! Hopefully they have a subway shirt and stickers left.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,122
    Ames Bros - Pearl Jam New York City Poster Launch to be announced by email. Join our Mailing List: www.eepurl.com/65Xlf

• Options
    Sorry if this has been asked already. Does anyone know if the posters will be sold at the actual event? I know historically they almost always have been but I felt like I saw somewhere that they were only being sold at the pop up shop. Can't wait to see all you guys on Saturday!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,122

Sorry if this has been asked already. Does anyone know if the posters will be sold at the actual event? I know historically they almost always have been but I felt like I saw somewhere that they were only being sold at the pop up shop. Can't wait to see all you guys on Saturday!

They won't be on sale at the event. Only place selling the Global Citizen Pearl Jam posters is at the Volcom store.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,580
    edited September 2015
    So what was leftover or available late in the day today?