Options

Pearl Jam NYC Pop Up Shop @ Volcom Soho

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    wall232 said:

wall232 said:

wall232 said:

Im at home in Greece..i pass infos from people are there...funny is i know in lerson 9 of first 10 people..lol

Those damn flippers!
    Are all fans the one i mention..noone is flipping
    I know man, I was just being sarcastic because to some people here if you're first in line you must be a flipper.
    Number 1 in line is good friend,and not a flipper and wasnt there yesterday as some thinks or saying at social media
    I already warned him that someone is accusing him of being the guy from yesterday buying out all the hats. Kind of hard to do when you're not even there.
    Yeah..its crazy what people wil think or say for people dont know or ever met
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    what's funny about all of this is that this isn't even a pearl jam show.

if pearl jam played lollapalooza again, would we see a popup shop here in chicago? a six day popup shop?
  • Options
    rival. said:

if pearl jam played lollapalooza again, would we see a popup shop here in chicago? a six day popup shop?

Seems doesnt matter.some .people loves merch more than shows
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    flippers are not the problem... pearl jam fans paying ridiculous prices in the secondary market is the real problem...

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,945
    BF89905 said:

I stood in line in Toronto in 2011 during the early afternoon. It was a terrible experience. That will serve as the first and last time I ever line up for band merchandise.
    I don't understand why people travel to cities to see shows and choose to stand in line for hours for merchandise, rather than experience the city. To each their own.

I'm with you on this. My wife and I went to St Paul 2014. Stopped by the outside merch truck, the lineup was a mile long and it hadn't opened yet. I said "fuck that, let's go explore". I got a poster later on for not too bad a price.

I was bummed that I couldn't get the city-specific t shirt, but looking back a year later, I really don't give a shit.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,985

rival. said:

Seems doesnt matter.some .people loves merch more than shows
    it's so sad that this is 100% true. go explore the city, fuck the merch line.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Am I out to lunch or would it not be pretty easy to put the posters up on 10c. Say on sale til October 3rd. See how many are ordered and then order them from the printer and ship em out. No real risk on being stuck with em. Sell a lot more probably and kill the flippers.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

BF89905 said:

I stood in line in Toronto in 2011 during the early afternoon. It was a terrible experience. That will serve as the first and last time I ever line up for band merchandise.
    I don't understand why people travel to cities to see shows and choose to stand in line for hours for merchandise, rather than experience the city. To each their own.

I'm with you on this. My wife and I went to St Paul 2014. Stopped by the outside merch truck, the lineup was a mile long and it hadn't opened yet. I said "fuck that, let's go explore". I got a poster later on for not too bad a price.

I was bummed that I couldn't get the city-specific t shirt, but looking back a year later, I really don't give a shit.

Same here at Cincy last year. People gave me evil looks when stopping near the front while walking by to see what merchandise I was not going to wait for. Got the AP poster later from Pendleton site. Didn't want anything else.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    We are only 1 day in, lots of time for flippers to get lots and bring the prices way down as well.
  • Options
    Store had great plan
    They gave to first 10 a green pass
    Next 10 yellow
    Separate lines and the green gets taken care of first
    Pass must be given back after you pay
    Store running so smooth
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,355
    my2hands said:

flippers are not the problem... pearl jam fans paying ridiculous prices in the secondary market is the real problem...

Except secondary markets are a result of things not being available on the primary market. Which in this case is a result of insufficient tour merch being sold. Prices always go up when demand far outweighs supply. It's economics 101. It's not a unique situation to Pearl Jam fans. The whole merch flipper thing could easily be resolved by making more. If that's too risky then you could plan it ahead of time. There was that one tour (2009?) where you could preorder posters online. How awesome was that. No lineups, no missing out, and it got mailed to you so you didn't have to safeguard it during the show. From a planning standpoint it would let 10c know how many to make so you didn't have under/over supply.
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346

Store had great plan
    Next 10 yellow
    Store running so smooth

They learned from yesterday, nice job 10c and Volcom.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    dankind said:

OK. So when is the person who stole or accidentally took thumbingmyway13's bag (totally possible, seeing as how it sounds like it was a madhouse in there) going to post a comment to rectify things?

It's neat how we claim to be a community but then we all assume the worst of each other.

dankind said:

OK. So when is the person who stole or accidentally took thumbingmyway13's bag (totally possible, seeing as how it sounds like it was a madhouse in there) going to post a comment to rectify things?

It's neat how we claim to be a community but then we all assume the worst of each other.

I doubt highly they will come forward. Only thing I can do is keep an eye out for the global stickers my friend made for me to give out on line and at the show. I put about 25 of them in the damn bag before it dissapeared.
  • Options
    2 cashier for green. 1 for yellow
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    i enjoy telling the tourists who are wondering what the line is about, that inside a sacrificial ritual is what is going. lol
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886

Store had great plan
    Next 10 yellow
    Store running so smooth

Nice, at least they did something to try and fix it. Hopefully they are limiting stuff too so people are not buying 10-20 things at a time.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    I'm 60 deep. Do I have a chance for an Ames?!?
    If anyone wants to say hello I have a ponytail and braided beard.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,617

Am I out to lunch or would it not be pretty easy to put the posters up on 10c. Say on sale til October 3rd. See how many are ordered and then order them from the printer and ship em out. No real risk on being stuck with em. Sell a lot more probably and kill the flippers.

the "problem" is, if people knew they were plentiful enough for everyone who wanted one... then not a lot of people would want one. They would just realize its a print with Transformers on it.
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    edited September 2015

Yesterday the guy told me they would have 100 of each poster today, they had 50 of each yesterday and would increase by 50 each day.

This is what cashier told me anyways.
    Post edited by wall232 on
    NYPJ
  • Options
    wall232 said:

wall232 said:

wall232 said:

Im at home in Greece..i pass infos from people are there...funny is i know in lerson 9 of first 10 people..lol

Those damn flippers!
    Are all fans the one i mention..noone is flipping
    I know man, I was just being sarcastic because to some people here if you're first in line you must be a flipper.
    Number 1 in line is good friend,and not a flipper and wasnt there yesterday as some thinks or saying at social media
    I already warned him that someone is accusing him of being the guy from yesterday buying out all the hats. Kind of hard to do when you're not even there.
    Hey, the guy who bought all the hats and everything else was about 9 or 10th online outside, but manage to be 1st I line inside. He went straight to the counter where the posters were while his friend cleaned out all the hats and shirts and bought them to him at the counter.

Store had great plan
    Next 10 yellow
    Store running so smooth

That sounds much smarter. Yesterday was crazy. 2 years ago at the same pop up shop they only let 6 in at a time and there were no issues.
  • Options
  • Options
    sdavissdavis Posts: 960

Hey Jesus! They gonna let you ride in the pope mobile! Ha. Just messing with ya. Good luck man!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options

Looks like dawn got a green pass.
  • Options

Yep..she did :)
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    The chaos is fun to follow. I think the hats are the only cool things worth buying so this is very interesting.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,364
    edited September 2015
    Hey guys, if you can, don't pick up anything for me. Save it for the other people in line. Thanks.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    dpphotodpphoto Posts: 284
    edited September 2015
    Can anyone there help me out with one Transformer ? You never know unless you ask :)

Happy to hook you up with other PJ items in return and pay you for the poster and and one for you.
    Post edited by dpphoto on
  • Options

Yep..she did :)
    Sweeeet, now that's a good eye I have