Options

The right to bear arms

1161718192022»

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881
    https://apnews.com/article/philadelphia-ghost-gun-lawsuit-settlement-0f694689dfa5f8b22c3ea39e7ea275c0   Lawsuit settled: 2 top US gun parts makers agree to temporarily halt sales in Philadelphia

Lawsuit settled: 2 top US gun parts makers agree to temporarily halt sales in Philadelphia
    By MICHAEL RUBINKAM
    Yesterday

Two of America's leading gun parts manufacturers have agreed to temporarily halt sales of their products in Philadelphia and elsewhere in Pennsylvania, city officials said Thursday, announcing a settlement of their lawsuit against the companies.

Philadelphia filed suit against Polymer80 and JSD Supply in July, accusing the manufacturers of perpetuating gun violence in the city by manufacturing and selling untraceable, self-manufactured weapons commonly known as “ghost guns.” The suit came under a broader legal effort to restrict where manufacturers can market their assemble-at-home guns.

David Pucino, legal director of Giffords Law Center, which represented the city, accusing Polymer80 and JSD Supply of “reckless business practices ... that threatened public safety.”

“The gun industry must be held accountable when it breaks the law and endangers Americans,” he said in a statement.

Under the settlement, JSD Supply, based in Butler, Pennsylvania, agreed it would no longer sell its products in the state for four years, city officials said. JSD-owned Eagle Shows, which bills itself as Pennsylvania's largest gun show, will be required to prohibit vendors from selling such gun parts for two years.

Dayton, Nevada-based Polymer80 agreed to a four-year ban on sales to customers in Philadelphia and the nearby counties of Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lancaster, Lehigh, Montgomery and Northampton, which include the cities of Allentown, Easton, Reading and Lancaster. Additionally, Polymer80 agreed to pay $1.3 million, which Philadelphia officials said will fund efforts to address gun violence.

The settlement was expected to be filed with the court on Friday. Messages were left at both companies seeking comment on the agreement.

“These weapons have ended up in the hands of our youth and individuals who are not otherwise permitted to possess a firearm, and the consequences in our communities have been devastating,” Renee Garcia, Philadelphia's city solicitor, said in a statement.

Ghost guns, which can be purchased without a background check and assembled at home, have become the weapon of choice for children, criminals and others who cannot lawfully own a gun, according to city officials.

They have been used in a staggering number of shootings in recent years. Between 2019 and 2022, police recorded a fourfold increase in the number of ghost guns that had been used to commit crimes, according to the city's lawsuit. In 2022, city police seized 575 of the guns.

Last July, a gunman armed with an AR-15-style weapon and a handgun — both self-manufactured — went on a shooting spree that killed five people in Philadelphia.

Philadelphia Mayor Cherelle Parker, announcing the settlement at a news conference to discuss her first 100 days in office, said Polymer80 and JSD produced 90% of the ghost guns recovered in the city,

“We needed to find a way to hold them accountable for their role in supplying the crime gun market, and perpetuating gun violence,” she said.

In February, Polymer80 agreed to stop selling its firearms to Maryland residents under a settlement with the city of Baltimore.

Last month, a federal judge permanently banned a Florida gun retailer from selling or delivering certain gun parts in New York that officials say could be used to assemble untraceable ghost guns and sold without background checks.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    That wolf story is disgusting.  I won't watch the video.

Let's hope that idiot gets jail time.
    Instead of jail time he should be dressed in a pork chop suit and thrown into an enclosure unarmed with a dozen or so very hungry wolves, for just an hour.

Literally throw the guy to the wolves.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    edited April 12
    mickeyrat said:
    I wanna see all body cam footage of the Chicago shooting. Also other details,  like how many officers were giving commands.

Wouldnt be the first time evidence was planted or other events staged.

THAT dept doesnt get benefit of the doubt.
    The dude fired 11 times hitting 1 cop in the arm.
    That's a lot of evidence to plant if you're willing to shoot another officer to stage a crime. 
    But yeah, the real reason is because of seatbelts. 
  • Options
    4 cops. 96 shots in total. 41 sec. equals 24 each.

I havent found an article with the poster claimed 11 shots fired.

I will expect to hear of gun shot residue findings during autopsy .

would love to know if all 96 are accounted for beyond casings.

the one body cam video linked iin the initial article posted here was after reed was dead at the rear of his vehicle.

this tactical team, is it really their mandate to conduct traffic stops with such a minor infraction precipitating the stop?

if the tint was illegal, why doesnt the city/state crack down on the shops applying illegal tint?

at what point will any agency give clear directive , when more than one officer is on scene ONLY ONE gives commands.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

Chicago police tactical teams again under scrutiny after fatal shooting of Dexter Reed

Police reform experts argue units have long history of abuse in Chicago, have not been effective in fighting crime

Sarah Schulte Image
    Wednesday, April 10, 2024 7:31PM

CPD tactical teams again under scrutiny after Dexter Reed shooting
    Chicago police tactical teams are once again under scrutiny after the deadly Dexter Reed shooting. COPA continues to invest...

CHICAGO (WLS) -- The topic of tactical teams is once again being discussed after the recent Chicago police shooting death of 26-year-old Dexter Reed.

Tactical teams have a long history in Chicago. The plain-clothes officers often police in high-crime areas.

"They are often called, 'jump out boys,' 'the cowboys.' They jump out of the car aggressively, not trained in deescalation," said Craig Futterman, with University of Chicago Law.

Police reform experts argue the units have a long history of abuse in Chicago, and have not been effective in fighting crime. The Chicago Civilian Office of Police Accountability said part of its investigation should include the role of the unit on March 21.

Reed, 26, was killed by Chicago police on March 21 during a traffic stop that ended with dozens of bullets fired and a police officer injured.

COPA released bodycam video Tuesday of the deadly police shooting last month in Garfield Park.

"If there are things about the way that this tactical unit was operating, that may be indicative of a wider issue with tactical units in general," COPA Chief Administrator Andrea Kersten said.

The way tactical units operate has been a source of controversy in Chicago for years.

continues......

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

the one body cam video linked iin the initial article posted here was after reed was dead at the rear of his vehicle.

this tactical team, is it really their mandate to conduct traffic stops with such a minor infraction precipitating the stop?

if the tint was illegal, why doesnt the city/state crack down on the shops applying illegal tint?

at what point will any agency give clear directive , when more than one officer is on scene ONLY ONE gives commands.
    You expect police who are getting shot at, and one shot, to not return fire until they have a chance to get together and decide who is going to shoot how many times?
    I'm okay with the policy if someone opens fire on you, police or not, you have the right to return fire until that threat is eliminated. If it takes 500 rounds, that's fine. 
    Don't shoot at people if you don't want to get shot. 
  • Options
    so no source for the 11 shot allegation.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Heard on the news that's what the investigators released, haven't seen an article on it. 
    I searched, saw a heading with NY times stating he fired first and injured in officer, but I'm not a paid subscriber so I couldn't read beyond that. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Heard on the news that's what the investigators released, haven't seen an article on it. 
    I searched, saw a heading with NY times stating he fired first and injured in officer, but I'm not a paid subscriber so I couldn't read beyond that. 
    https://youtu.be/vx2qDhwZhX8?si=nHtOcfUQTmMrq0Xh
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809
    Poncier said:
    That wolf story is disgusting.  I won't watch the video.

Let's hope that idiot gets jail time.
    Instead of jail time he should be dressed in a pork chop suit and thrown into an enclosure unarmed with a dozen or so very hungry wolves, for just an hour.

Literally throw the guy to the wolves.
    How about his aunt? The disgusting piece of garbage who is having her "big moment" on the internet. Posting pictures of herself with duct tape on her mouth, while holding up a wolf skin. 
    What the fuck is wrong with people?

Feed her to the wolves too! She is a despicable piece of human garbage. 

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,411
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    https://youtu.be/vx2qDhwZhX8?si=nHtOcfUQTmMrq0Xh
    If you pull a gun on a police officer you get what they’re trained to do.  IMO this story should be over and done with if the perpetrator actually shot first. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,065
    mickeyrat said:

Stop w this one please.  You really think LE should waste their resources on a shop that does illegal window tinting?

If you know it is illegal to have that tint WHY would you parade around with a bullseye on?

We discuss this every time  multiple cops shoot...  They are trained to eliminate the threat.  That means that all available neutralize the threat. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Stop w this one please.  You really think LE should waste their resources on a shop that does illegal window tinting?

If you know it is illegal to have that tint WHY would you parade around with a bullseye on?

We discuss this every time  multiple cops shoot...  They are trained to eliminate the threat.  That means that all available neutralize the threat. 
    Yeah, but why don't they all just stand down and have 1 designated shooter take 1 shot and shoot the gun out of the bad guys hand? I've seen enough movies to know that's possible. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Yeah, but why don't they all just stand down and have 1 designated shooter take 1 shot and shoot the gun out of the bad guys hand? I've seen enough movies to know that's possible. 
    I was thinking ninja stars to immobilize them.
  • Options
    how easily adept are you guys at understanding whats going on and whats expected of you when multiple people are shouting at you? able to fully comply with any and all commands?

as for the facetious window tints comment. I didnt say the LE were responsible for that. That becomes a state or city inspection problem. when I got tint in my pick up they made clear what the law allowed for, and willing offered and applied a tint darker than legal for me. 
    my point was shouldnt that be something already address by state or local civil departments? LE has issue with tint darkness. its understandable. completely. when I am stopped, I make the decision to turn on my interior light and have the window rolled down already.

but do go on with your phallic love and complete and total reverence for an organization type that all too often goes way the fuck out of bounds and covers it up. we see enough to warrant suspicion of THEIR narrative. as we should be of any official accounting by any level of government.

and some call us sheep.......

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    how easily adept are you guys at understanding whats going on and whats expected of you when multiple people are shouting at you? able to fully comply with any and all commands?

as for the facetious window tints comment. I didnt say the LE were responsible for that. That becomes a state or city inspection problem. when I got tint in my pick up they made clear what the law allowed for, and willing offered and applied a tint darker than legal for me. 
    my point was shouldnt that be something already address by state or local civil departments? LE has issue with tint darkness. its understandable. completely. when I am stopped, I make the decision to turn on my interior light and have the window rolled down already.

but do go on with your phallic love and complete and total reverence for an organization type that all too often goes way the fuck out of bounds and covers it up. we see enough to warrant suspicion of THEIR narrative. as we should be of any official accounting by any level of government.

I will say the cops intuition was right here.

Do cops go overboard?  Sure they do.  If a cop does something wrong I call that shit out.  This didn't look like they were in the wrong here.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

He fired 11 times hitting 1 cop. The cops are going to return fire. They don't need to get together in a huddle and decide who's going to fire how many times while getting shot at. They each have the right to defend themselves, and they did. 
    Expecting them to not return fire and save their own lives is unrealistic. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

He fired 11 times hitting 1 cop. The cops are going to return fire. They don't need to get together in a huddle and decide who's going to fire how many times while getting shot at. They each have the right to defend themselves, and they did. 
    I think he was getting at how they got to that point.
  • Options
    edited April 15
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

again post where you found that or stop.

and at whay fucking point did I say anything about how many should fire or not. I said ONE officer in charge of commands given. RIF teach./.....

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

and at whay fucking point did I say anything about how many should fire or not. I said ONE officer in charge of commands given. RIF teach./.....
    It's already been posted. DIdn't know you wanted it posted every time it was brought up. My appologies.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx2qDhwZhX8&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.pearljam.com%2F&source_ve_path=MTc4NDI0
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

And you want one officer in charge. So the cop staring down the barrel of a gun has to wait for orders to fire? That's how the British lost the Battle of New Orleans. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

And you want one officer in charge. So the cop staring down the barrel of a gun has to wait for orders to fire? That's how the British lost the Battle of New Orleans. 

MISSING THE FUCKING POINT AS USUAL. WHEN FIRST STOPPED WHY THE FUCK IS IT NECESSARY FOR MORE THAN ONE OFFICER TO GIVE COMMANDS TO THE DETAINEE SUSPECT? HMMMM? FUCKING ANSWER THAT. WOULDNT IT BE MORE CONDUCIVE TO A SAFE SUCCESSFUL OUTCOME, ONE IN WHICH EVERYONE INVOLVED IS ALIVE AT THE END OF IT IF THERE WERE ONLY ONE OFFICER GIVING VERBAL COMMANDS TO A SUSPECT/DETAINEE?  OFFICER IN FIRST CONTACT, IN MY MIND, IS THE ONE IN COMMAND OF THE SITUATION UNLESS AND UNTIL A SUPERIOR OFFICER ARRIVES ON SCENE TO TAKE OVER OR OVERSEE THE 1ST CONTACT OFFICER.

I SAID NOTHING ABOUT WAITING FOR ORDERS AMONG OFFICER OR ANY OTHER BULLSHIT YOU WANT TO SAY I SAID OR INFERRED

• Options
     The head of the police union says it? GTFOH with that bullshit.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

MISSING THE FUCKING POINT AS USUAL. WHEN FIRST STOPPED WHY THE FUCK IS IT NECESSARY FOR MORE THAN ONE OFFICER TO GIVE COMMANDS TO THE DETAINEE SUSPECT? HMMMM? FUCKING ANSWER THAT. WOULDNT IT BE MORE CONDUCIVE TO A SAFE SUCCESSFUL OUTCOME, ONE IN WHICH EVERYONE INVOLVED IS ALIVE AT THE END OF IT IF THERE WERE ONLY ONE OFFICER GIVING VERBAL COMMANDS TO A SUSPECT/DETAINEE?  OFFICER IN FIRST CONTACT, IN MY MIND, IS THE ONE IN COMMAND OF THE SITUATION UNLESS AND UNTIL A SUPERIOR OFFICER ARRIVES ON SCENE TO TAKE OVER OR OVERSEE THE 1ST CONTACT OFFICER.

I SAID NOTHING ABOUT WAITING FOR ORDERS AMONG OFFICER OR ANY OTHER BULLSHIT YOU WANT TO SAY I SAID OR INFERRED
    We were discussing the fact multiple cops were shooting when you responded. If you wanted to change focus and talk about the initial pull over, you should have made that clear. Because it sounds like you want one person in charge of and keeping track of who shoots during a shoot out. 
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Timeout on this one until people cool down. You can discuss an issue without yelling. 
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.