Options

The right to bear arms

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,065
    OnWis97 said:
    Even in the wake of their son having murdered 4 classmates, his mother still doesn't think there was a problem. 

"Asked about Ethan reporting hallucinations months before the shooting, Jennifer Crumbley, 46, told jurors he was simply “messing around.”"

https://www.boston.com/news/national-news/2024/04/09/michigan-school-shooters-parents-sentenced-to-at-least-10-years-in-prison/
    Hindsight is a beautiful thing...  I can see the mom not thinking anything is wrong.  Nobody wants there to be something wrong w their child.

Writing is on the wall now...
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    edited April 9
    OnWis97 said:
    Even in the wake of their son having murdered 4 classmates, his mother still doesn't think there was a problem. 

"Asked about Ethan reporting hallucinations months before the shooting, Jennifer Crumbley, 46, told jurors he was simply “messing around.”"

https://www.boston.com/news/national-news/2024/04/09/michigan-school-shooters-parents-sentenced-to-at-least-10-years-in-prison/
    Hindsight is a beautiful thing...  I can see the mom not thinking anything is wrong.  Nobody wants there to be something wrong w their child.

Foresight's a beautiful thing too, of which there was plenty, and now they're going to jail for ignoring it. 

It is nice to see that accountability isn't a thing of the past in this country though... I was starting to have my doubts.  
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

Foresight's a beautiful thing too, of which there was plenty, and now they're going to jail for ignoring it. 

It is nice to see that accountability isn't a thing of the past in this country though... I was starting to have my doubts.  
    I actually agree that they should have accountability for buying the gun for him and not securing it.

If drawings were a crime then I would have been in jail a looooong time ago.  I know we live in a different world now too but it's hard to say what they could have done differently w him.

I am all for punishing people whom are careless w the storing of their firearms around children.
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

it's hard to say what they could have done differently w him.
    Off the top of my head, I would say buying the 15yo a gun and taking him to the shooting range are two things they could have done differently. Clearly he didn’t have the emotional capacity to handle it. 
    Should have would have could have won’t bring those 4 dead teenagers back though. Maybe the Crumbleys being punished will inspire other parents to second guess giving their kids access to firearms if they aren’t ready for it… maybe save some lives, who knows. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    I disagree with not being more proactive, but agree with the gun part. But the majority of articles I've seen or heard focus on the lack of support, and mention the gun as an after thought.
    I just don't see how you can hold parents at a criminal level, at least in this example, of failing to provide more emotional support.

even had a school meeting that day and the school let him stay, they didn't see him as a threat. From the article linked earlier:

"His parents declined to take him home, choosing instead to return to work and accepting a list of mental health providers. School staff said Ethan could stay on campus. A counselor, Shawn Hopkins, said he believed it would be safer for the boy than possibly being alone at home.

No one, however, checked Ethan’s backpack. He pulled the gun out later that day and killed four students — Tate Myre, Hana St. Juliana, Shilling and Baldwin — and wounded seven other people."

So parents can spend 15 years or more in prison for not acting on red flags, but those same red flags aren't enough to send a kid home for even 1 day or provide school support? That's the part not adding up for me.

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    I disagree with not being more proactive, but agree with the gun part. But the majority of articles I've seen or heard focus on the lack of support, and mention the gun as an after thought.
    I just don't see how you can hold parents at a criminal level, at least in this example, of failing to provide more emotional support.

even had a school meeting that day and the school let him stay, they didn't see him as a threat. From the article linked earlier:

"His parents declined to take him home, choosing instead to return to work and accepting a list of mental health providers. School staff said Ethan could stay on campus. A counselor, Shawn Hopkins, said he believed it would be safer for the boy than possibly being alone at home.

No one, however, checked Ethan’s backpack. He pulled the gun out later that day and killed four students — Tate Myre, Hana St. Juliana, Shilling and Baldwin — and wounded seven other people."

So parents can spend 15 years or more in prison for not acting on red flags, but those same red flags aren't enough to send a kid home for even 1 day or provide school support? That's the part not adding up for me.

Who gave the kid the gun and trained him how to use it? 

Who knew the kid had access to a gun when he was threatening to shoot up his school? 

This isn't rocket science here. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,881
    mace1229 said:

Who knew the kid had access to a gun when he was threatening to shoot up his school? 

trained?  hmmm, I think theres a big difference between training and just showing him how to pull the trigger or loading.  I doubt they did either. Can catch enough info in movies, games and online to be deadly.......
    OnWis97 said:

Mace? what of this? AT TRIAL , she said this...... after he killed and wounded those kids.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited April 10
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

trained?  hmmm, I think theres a big difference between training and just showing him how to pull the trigger or loading.  I doubt they did either. Can catch enough info in movies, games and online to be deadly.......
    The mom took him to a shooting range after they got him a gun.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

Off the top of my head, I would say buying the 15yo a gun and taking him to the shooting range are two things they could have done differently. Clearly he didn’t have the emotional capacity to handle it. 
    Should have would have could have won’t bring those 4 dead teenagers back though. Maybe the Crumbleys being punished will inspire other parents to second guess giving their kids access to firearms if they aren’t ready for it… maybe save some lives, who knows. 
    I mentioned the gun already and agreed.  Taking him to a shooting range I don't have an issue with.  If you don't care for guns I can see why this is an issue.  Growing up around firearms this is a nonissue to me.  Seeing that the kid was in despair is another matter.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:

The mom took him to a shooting range after they got him a gun.
    The access i don't have a problem with.  You should be liable to secure your firearms.
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

I mentioned the gun already and agreed.  Taking him to a shooting range I don't have an issue with.  If you don't care for guns I can see why this is an issue.  Growing up around firearms this is a nonissue to me.  Seeing that the kid was in despair is another matter.
    Giving this kid a gun and taking him to a shooting range paved the way for him to murder 4 of his classmates, but go off. 
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

Giving this kid a gun and taking him to a shooting range paved the way for him to murder 4 of his classmates, but go off. 
    You know how many kids get hunting rifles that don't kill people?  I'd say wayyyy more than you'd be comfortable with.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,655
    Sure, “as Christians.” But let’s just not hold “responsible” gun owners “responsible” with the laws already on the books, right? Because that’s just too much to bear. Wonder if their viewpoint would be different if their loved one was in a box? As “Christians?”

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/09/opinions/crumbley-verdict-school-shooting-michigan-mueller-rogerson/index.html
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Sure, “as Christians.” But let’s just not hold “responsible” gun owners “responsible” with the laws already on the books, right? Because that’s just too much to bear. Wonder if their viewpoint would be different if their loved one was in a box? As “Christians?”

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/09/opinions/crumbley-verdict-school-shooting-michigan-mueller-rogerson/index.html
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

You know how many kids get hunting rifles that don't kill people?  I'd say wayyyy more than you'd be comfortable with.
    You assume way too much.

I'm not anti-2a. I'm in favor of responsible gun ownership. This situation with the Crumbley's wasn't that & now 4 other families are paying the ultimate price for their shitty parenting and decision making. 
  • Options
    edited April 10
    mace1229 said:

I saId I agree with holding them accountable on those aspects. But the media and courts seem to focus more on the lack of prevention more than the gun access as the reason for the charges. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,188
    OnWis97 said:

You assume way too much.

I'm not anti-2a. I'm in favor of responsible gun ownership. This situation with the Crumbley's wasn't that & now 4 other families are paying the ultimate price for their shitty parenting and decision making. 
    Now apply this same reasoning to our government and the 330+ million people their decisions affect. These 2 parents are being held accountable, seems logical to do the same in a 2 party system.

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    Taking him to a range to (assumption here) know how to handle a firearm and shoot it should be part of any ownership/usage situation. Being responsible enough to then secure the firearm or remove access if your child doesn't have the maturity/mental health/wherewithal is another thing. Parents need to know there's a high accountability requirement. Unfortunately, once he's an adult we basically do nothing so the system is definitely broken. Maybe gun owning parents should be the ones demanding changes to these types of things, but I don't see that happening. No one wants to be held accountable or responsible, they just want the "right to bear arms" and leave the rest to happenstance.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Any anti-seatbelt folks on here? You might want to reconsider. Or get yourself a heater. All for not wearing a seatbelt.

Police fire 96 shots in 41 seconds, killing Black man during traffic stop

Dexter Reed’s mother remembers the last time she saw her son alive. “Mom, I’m going for a ride,” he told her, before heading out in the car that he had purchased just three days earlier.

Reed, 26, was killed that same day, when tactical-unit police officers fired 96 bullets at him within 41 seconds, according to Chicago’s Civilian Office of Police Accountability, or COPA, which investigates allegations of police misconduct and police shootings. “He was just riding around in his car,” Dexter’s mother, Nicole Banks, told Fox 32 Chicago on Tuesday, as she broke down in tears. “They killed him.”

COPA released video footage of the shooting Tuesday and said its investigation of the “officers’ use of deadly force” on March 21 remains ongoing. The Chicago Police Department told CNN that it was cooperating with COPA’s investigation and that it “cannot make a determination on this shooting until all the facts are known and this investigation has concluded.” The department did not immediately respond for a request for comment from The Washington Post.

According to COPA, police stopped Reed “for purportedly not wearing a seatbelt.” In several body-cam videos, multiple officers can be seen exiting an unmarked vehicle and surrounding Reed’s car, which had tinted windows.

The officers demand he unlock and open the door, and not to roll up the window.

“Upon stopping Mr. Reed, multiple officers surrounded his vehicle while giving verbal commands. When Mr. Reed did not comply with these commands, officers pointed their firearms at Mr. Reed,” COPA said.

Officers can be seen retreating as they ask Reed to exit the vehicle. Then, shots can be heard.

COPA said its review of the footage and initial reports “appear to confirm that Mr. Reed fired first,” hitting one officer while four others returned fire.

Reed can be seen staggering out of the vehicle before collapsing onto the road. As officers approach his motionless body, they can be heard telling Reed not to move. A pool of blood can be seen on the ground next to Reed as officers place him in handcuffs.

“Ultimately there was an exchange of gunfire which left Mr. Reed dead and an officer shot in the forearm,” COPA said, adding that a gun was recovered from the front passenger seat of Reed’s car.

Andrew M. Stroth, the family’s attorney, said Tuesday that the plainclothes officers “did not announce they were police officers.” The footage shows many officers in plainclothes, with some wearing vests with the word “police” on them.

According to COPA, police continued to shoot at Reed after he left his car and fell to the ground. The agency noted that Reed was “struck by gunfire multiple times and was transported to the hospital and later pronounced deceased.”

Stroth described Reed as a star athlete who “enjoyed playing hoops,” and loved to cook and spend time with his family. He called on Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson to “disband these tactical units that have been terrorizing communities.”

Johnson said Tuesday that he was aware the footage was “extremely painful and traumatic” and that the officers involved in the fatal shooting have been placed on a 30-day administrative leave.

“As mayor and as a father raising a family, including two Black boys on the west side of Chicago, I am personally devastated to see yet another young Black man lose his life during an interaction with the police,” Johnson said.

Johnson said that he had spoken with Reed’s family over the weekend and that he was committed to a “transparent” investigation.

Stroth called on Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx to “move swiftly to get justice” for the Reed family and said “the people of Chicago deserve to have awareness and full knowledge of police shootings.”

In a statement Tuesday, Foxx said “it is imperative that we let the investigation takes its course.” “Be assured, our commitment to finding justice for everyone involved is unwavering,” she said.

“If you didn’t stop my nephew, he will be alive today,” Reed’s uncle told CNN on Tuesday.

Reed’s death has once again reignited debate and anger over police brutality and excessive use of force in the United States, prompting protests outside a Chicago police station this week, with activists, residents and family members calling for justice.

There have been at least 9,497 fatal police shootings in the United States since 2015, according to The Post’s database. In the past 12 months, at least 1,116 people have been shot and killed by police.

Police killings of Black Americans including Tyre NicholsBreonna Taylor and George Floyd have prompted protests and a racial reckoning that translated into hundreds of bills aimed at curtailing law enforcement powers and reshaping policing.

“How many more young Black and Brown men need to die before this city will change?” Stroth said.

Dexter Reed shot, killed by Chicago police after traffic stop - The Washington Post

Warning: Video below is graphic

A Chicago traffic stop turned fatal. Here’s what bodycam footage shows | CNN

Brilliantati©
  • Options

US to close 'gun show loophole' and require more background checks

by Katharine Jackson
    4/11/2024 · 5:05 AM EDT
    US to close gun show loophole and require more background checks
    Customers shop for handguns at the Des Moines Fairgrounds Gun Show at the Iowa State Fairgrounds in Des Moines, Iowa, U.S. March 11, 2023. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst/File Photo | Jonathan Ernst

A rule requiring gun dealers to obtain federal licenses and conduct background checks regardless of where they sell guns has been finalized and will soon go into effect, the U.S. Justice Department announced on Thursday.continues...

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
  • Options
    Any anti-seatbelt folks on here? You might want to reconsider. Or get yourself a heater. All for not wearing a seatbelt.

Dexter Reed’s mother remembers the last time she saw her son alive. “Mom, I’m going for a ride,” he told her, before heading out in the car that he had purchased just three days earlier.

Reed, 26, was killed that same day, when tactical-unit police officers fired 96 bullets at him within 41 seconds, according to Chicago’s Civilian Office of Police Accountability, or COPA, which investigates allegations of police misconduct and police shootings. “He was just riding around in his car,” Dexter’s mother, Nicole Banks, told Fox 32 Chicago on Tuesday, as she broke down in tears. “They killed him.”

COPA released video footage of the shooting Tuesday and said its investigation of the “officers’ use of deadly force” on March 21 remains ongoing. The Chicago Police Department told CNN that it was cooperating with COPA’s investigation and that it “cannot make a determination on this shooting until all the facts are known and this investigation has concluded.” The department did not immediately respond for a request for comment from The Washington Post.

According to COPA, police stopped Reed “for purportedly not wearing a seatbelt.” In several body-cam videos, multiple officers can be seen exiting an unmarked vehicle and surrounding Reed’s car, which had tinted windows.

“Upon stopping Mr. Reed, multiple officers surrounded his vehicle while giving verbal commands. When Mr. Reed did not comply with these commands, officers pointed their firearms at Mr. Reed,” COPA said.

Officers can be seen retreating as they ask Reed to exit the vehicle. Then, shots can be heard.

COPA said its review of the footage and initial reports “appear to confirm that Mr. Reed fired first,” hitting one officer while four others returned fire.

Reed can be seen staggering out of the vehicle before collapsing onto the road. As officers approach his motionless body, they can be heard telling Reed not to move. A pool of blood can be seen on the ground next to Reed as officers place him in handcuffs.

“Ultimately there was an exchange of gunfire which left Mr. Reed dead and an officer shot in the forearm,” COPA said, adding that a gun was recovered from the front passenger seat of Reed’s car.

Andrew M. Stroth, the family’s attorney, said Tuesday that the plainclothes officers “did not announce they were police officers.” The footage shows many officers in plainclothes, with some wearing vests with the word “police” on them.

According to COPA, police continued to shoot at Reed after he left his car and fell to the ground. The agency noted that Reed was “struck by gunfire multiple times and was transported to the hospital and later pronounced deceased.”

Stroth described Reed as a star athlete who “enjoyed playing hoops,” and loved to cook and spend time with his family. He called on Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson to “disband these tactical units that have been terrorizing communities.”

Johnson said Tuesday that he was aware the footage was “extremely painful and traumatic” and that the officers involved in the fatal shooting have been placed on a 30-day administrative leave.

“As mayor and as a father raising a family, including two Black boys on the west side of Chicago, I am personally devastated to see yet another young Black man lose his life during an interaction with the police,” Johnson said.

Johnson said that he had spoken with Reed’s family over the weekend and that he was committed to a “transparent” investigation.

Stroth called on Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx to “move swiftly to get justice” for the Reed family and said “the people of Chicago deserve to have awareness and full knowledge of police shootings.”

In a statement Tuesday, Foxx said “it is imperative that we let the investigation takes its course.” “Be assured, our commitment to finding justice for everyone involved is unwavering,” she said.

“If you didn’t stop my nephew, he will be alive today,” Reed’s uncle told CNN on Tuesday.

Reed’s death has once again reignited debate and anger over police brutality and excessive use of force in the United States, prompting protests outside a Chicago police station this week, with activists, residents and family members calling for justice.

There have been at least 9,497 fatal police shootings in the United States since 2015, according to The Post’s database. In the past 12 months, at least 1,116 people have been shot and killed by police.

Police killings of Black Americans including Tyre NicholsBreonna Taylor and George Floyd have prompted protests and a racial reckoning that translated into hundreds of bills aimed at curtailing law enforcement powers and reshaping policing.

“How many more young Black and Brown men need to die before this city will change?” Stroth said.

Dexter Reed shot, killed by Chicago police after traffic stop - The Washington Post

Reed shot first?  This is a closed case.

Why he had a gun in the first place is a good question.

Why the cops drew their guns should also be in question.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    What a piece of garbage. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,816
    Garbage 
  • Options
    edited April 11

Reed shot first?  This is a closed case.

Why he had a gun in the first place is a good question.

Why the cops drew their guns should also be in question.
    Was about to say the exact same thing.
    I hate misleading titles like "shot for not wearing a seatbelt." When the reality is he was shot for shooting first, and happened to not be wearing a seatbelt at the time. 
    You shoot at police, 100% guarantee they shoot back. 
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,932
    Regarding the Crumbleys, they were given several chances to do something to show concern for the safety of their child and did nothing.

James and Jennifer Crumbley face precedent-setting sentences - Vox, "For months prior, the Crumbleys’ son, Ethan Crumbley, repeatedly asked his parents for help handling his mental health and showed signs of depression and mental illness. In texts sent to them, for example, he exhibited growing paranoia and complained multiple times of seeing ghosts or demons in their home when he was alone. But the Crumbleys ignored or dismissed his concerns.

'I actually asked my dad to take [me] to the Doctor yesterday but he just gave me some pills and told me to 'Suck it up,"' Ethan texted a friend in April 2021.

'My mom laughed when I told her.'”

Furthermore, "One day before the shooting, Ethan was caught at school looking up bullets to use with the gun and was disciplined. Instead of expressing concern, his mother joked over text, 'lol I’m.not mad. you have to learn not.to.get caught.'”

So, if the article I linked is accurate, seems they simply didn't give a fuck what their kid was going through or was capable of.  I look at it as more than simply not offering "emotional support", but being negligent, especially in giving the little kid a gun.  If the law starts holding negligent parents accountable, I don't see a downside to that. 

Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    That wolf story is disgusting.  I won't watch the video.

Let's hope that idiot gets jail time.
  • Options
    They said he only got a $250 fine. I don't know how that isn't animal cruelty and jail time. He ran it over, injured it, carried it around time, posed for pictures, before torturing and killing it. Poor thing looks so harmless and miserable in the pictures. I know its a wild wolf, so it snot harmless, but definitely not posing an immediate threat.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    I chose not to watch the Wolf video.

I would not be stunned if this guy makes a return appearance to this thread.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    I wanna see all body cam footage of the Chicago shooting. Also other details,  like how many officers were giving commands.

Wouldnt be the first time evidence was planted or other events staged.

THAT dept doesnt get benefit of the doubt.

This discussion has been closed.