Options

What the hell happen in Virginia??

Comments

• Options
    It's amazing that some people would rather have a shootout rather than no shootout at all. And if you're buying a gun to protect your self from drug addicts, maybe you should change your location. Your life will be better because of it.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,617

I keep hearing a guns main purpose is "for killing" when the truth is, it's for PROTECTION. That's the purpose of a gun. You own a pistol so when some meth head breaks in you have a fighting chance against someone with super human strength.

My mother, 88, had a revolver that has sat in her nightstand the last 50 years. She's never shot anyone, never hurt anyone, and the GUN ITSELF sure as hell never hurt anyone.

I'll say it again, guns don't kill people. People do. When people use guns to kill and go to jail, and then kill again, they aren't using guns. They're using whatever they can because IF SOMEONE WANTS TO KILL, THEY WILL. Regardless of Having a gun or not.

This mentality is partly responsible for 20 dead kids in Sandy Hook. You and everyone who thinks this way has blood on their hands.
    Go fuck your self telling me I have blood on my hands from 20 dead kids. Pathetic asshole

I said guns are for protection, and people kill, not guns. Nothing to say about those thigs that are facts! Instead you spew more uninformed hate. You're pathetic.
    Stop it. That one post talked about protection. Every other post is some sort of nonsense about "guns" not killing people.
  • Options

I keep hearing a guns main purpose is "for killing" when the truth is, it's for PROTECTION. That's the purpose of a gun. You own a pistol so when some meth head breaks in you have a fighting chance against someone with super human strength.

My mother, 88, had a revolver that has sat in her nightstand the last 50 years. She's never shot anyone, never hurt anyone, and the GUN ITSELF sure as hell never hurt anyone.

I'll say it again, guns don't kill people. People do. When people use guns to kill and go to jail, and then kill again, they aren't using guns. They're using whatever they can because IF SOMEONE WANTS TO KILL, THEY WILL. Regardless of Having a gun or not.

This mentality is partly responsible for 20 dead kids in Sandy Hook. You and everyone who thinks this way has blood on their hands.
    Go fuck your self telling me I have blood on my hands from 20 dead kids. Pathetic asshole
    Thought this would get that type of reaction but it's true. People like you are the folks keeping sensible gun control measures from being enacted that would stop situations like that from happening. I don't see any other way to see it.

You, every other gun nut who won't support sensible legislation like some gun owners here support, the NRA and every lobbyist who are keeping these things from happening are part of the reason they keep happening.
    So there's ZERO responsibility of the PERSON WHO IS SHOOTING THE GUN. Right?

How many guns are owned? How many mass nurders are there? I bet the numbers are nowhere close to each other.

So you knew it was shitty to accuse me of having blood on my hands of innocent children but did it anyway? You're pathetic and a bully. Just like just about everyone else here.

Keep thinking you know it all. One day you'll wish you had a gun.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    To paraphrase dimi, what the hell happen in this thread?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,677

PJ_Soul said:

How are you going to protect yourself from a meth head break-in as a responsible gun owner? By the time you get the unloaded gun out of the safe, and then go and get the ammo out of a locked drawer, and load it, the meth head has already grabbed you, tied you up, and danced around you naked.

Responsible gun owners keep loaded guns with fingerprint safes. Takes no time to open. Once you hear anything, you grab the gun.

Wow. The fingerprint safe business must be BOOMING! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Thought this would get that type of reaction but it's true. People like you are the folks keeping sensible gun control measures from being enacted that would stop situations like that from happening. I don't see any other way to see it.

You, every other gun nut who won't support sensible legislation like some gun owners here support, the NRA and every lobbyist who are keeping these things from happening are part of the reason they keep happening.
    So there's ZERO responsibility of the PERSON WHO IS SHOOTING THE GUN. Right?

How many guns are owned? How many mass nurders are there? I bet the numbers are nowhere close to each other.

So you knew it was shitty to accuse me of having blood on my hands of innocent children but did it anyway? You're pathetic and a bully. Just like just about everyone else here.

Keep thinking you know it all. One day you'll wish you had a gun.
    Never said anything of the sort. Not even close. I blame the shooter and whatever sickness is going through their head for the shooting and I blame you, the NRA and everyone else I listed for allowing them to get the means of conducting that shooting. I am not sure how anyone could really see otherwise. If it were not for you and all of the others, at least some of these situations would not have happened.

A lot more guns are owned here than in any other civilized country and a lot more gun related deaths happen here than in any other civilized country. It's really that simple.

Didn't say I knew it was shitty. I said I knew it would get that reaction. I stand by it.

Sure, and if I ever needed a gun for whatever reason, I would be more than happy to go through hoops and background checks and mental health evaluations to get one.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    You're really twisted for continuing to try and blame me for the kids being murdered.

And pj soul, you have nothing to say to argue what I say, instead you make more snide, bullying remarks. It's getting old, you thinking your opinion is above everyone else's. It's not and comes across very holier than thou.
  • Options

You're really twisted for continuing to try and blame me for the kids being murdered.

And pj soul, you have nothing to say to argue what I say, instead you make more snide, bullying remarks. It's getting old, you thinking your opinion is above everyone else's. It's not and comes across very holier than thou.

I don't see it that way. I see you as being twisted for being okay with legally owned guns being in these people's hands. How is that okay?!?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

First, do you have any evidence to support this? I could quickly gather evidence that guns were created for killing.
    Second, this doesn't make sense. Protection is a moral justification of a killing. The gun exists to kill, whether it is used to kill good guys or bad guys, in offense or defense, is irrelevant to the function of the gun, which is to fire a deadly projectile.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    James Holmes was a responsible gun owner until he wasn't

Dylan Roof was a responsible gun owner until he wasn't

Adam Lanza's mother was a responsible gun owner until she wasn't

Bryce Williams or whatever his name was was a responsible gun owner until he wasn't

Shall I go on?
  • Options
    Anybody who believes that guns were designed for any other purpose than killing is simply fooling themselves in order to justify gun ownership. You have every right to own one, shoot one and if you see fit kill your neighbours with one before you are subsequently arrested but it doesn't change the fact that your weapons are just that; instruments designed to make you an effective killer.
  • Options

I don't see it that way. I see you as being twisted for being okay with legally owned guns being in these people's hands. How is that okay?!?
    Is it legal for me to buy a gun? It is. So blame the decision makers, not me.

But we could try blaming the true person responsible. The shooter. That's who is to blame. Not guns. How can you not see that?? I own a gun and don't kill people. It's the person making the decision. Not the gun. Like I said, my mom owns a gun and has never fired it. It's not about the gun, but others actions.

But I am done talking with you, if you keep on saying that you blame ME. I had nothing to do with anything. If you are that upset with your existence that you must do so to feel better, then feel free. But you saying those things to me, and no one else having a word to say about how fucked up that is, just shows how much you guys treat others like shit. I thought we were all pj fans here, having a debate. Instead I'm over here in tears because i am accused of being responsible for murdering children. How is your mind so twisted? That's just beyond uncalled for.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,573
    edited August 2015

I said guns are for protection, and people kill, not guns. Nothing to say about those thigs that are facts! Instead you spew more uninformed hate. You're pathetic.
    Another thoughtful mature response.

I sense an imminent banning

IBTL
  • Options

But we could try blaming the true person responsible. The shooter. That's who is to blame. Not guns. How can you not see that?? I own a gun and don't kill people. It's the person making the decision. Not the gun. Like I said, my mom owns a gun and has never fired it. It's not about the gun, but others actions.

But I am done talking with you, if you keep on saying that you blame ME. I had nothing to do with anything. If you are that upset with your existence that you must do so to feel better, then feel free. But you saying those things to me, and no one else having a word to say about how fucked up that is, just shows how much you guys treat others like shit. I thought we were all pj fans here, having a debate. Instead I'm over here in tears because i am accused of being responsible for murdering children. How is your mind so twisted? That's just beyond uncalled for.
    If you are in tears you need to step back a second and take a deep breath.
    This is an internet forum.
    On a rock band's fan club website.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

get used to it kid, open discussion as long you agree with the train mentality LOL !!!!
    learn to have fun with it...drives em nutz LOL !

Godfather.

• Options

Honest question, no bullying, no emotional provocation.

Do you think it should be legal to purchase nerve gas, pipe bombs, grenades, rocket launchers, or nuclear bombs?
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Where did I say it was the gun's fault? I said it was the shooter and people like you who allow these people to buy guns legally. YOU/WE are the decision makers on whether we allow lunatics to legally buy guys, and you choose to allow them to. They are the decision makers on what they do with the guns.

I am a PJ fan, and I am not trying to be disrespectful. I am simply pointing out that if it were not for pro-gun citizens like yourself, the NRA and lobbyists, these things would not be happening at the rate they are. Because of that, i see no other way to see it than putting some of the blame on all of the listed parties. I am sorry you don't like my wording.

Edit: I will take a step back and bow out of this. I did not mean to be hurtful to anyone, but I just don't see how there is any other way to look at these issues. I don't know how blame for these murders cannot be put on citizens who are not in support of sensible measures attempting to keep guns out of these lunatics hands. These shootings and mass murders and a direct result of the US allowing lunatics to legally buy guns. Maybe harsh words are the only way to make anything change.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    by the way by the time you read this you may have been banned already, avoid saying F/Y or using pet names like asshole and you may not get banned again.

Godfather.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

PJ_Soul said:

How are you going to protect yourself from a meth head break-in as a responsible gun owner? By the time you get the unloaded gun out of the safe, and then go and get the ammo out of a locked drawer, and load it, the meth head has already grabbed you, tied you up, and danced around you naked.

Responsible gun owners keep loaded guns with fingerprint safes. Takes no time to open. Once you hear anything, you grab the gun.

That's the biggest load of shit I've heard you spew yet.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    In the history of guns, not one has ever been designed to protect. Every single gun ever made was deigned to kill. Dont kid yourself.
  • Options

In the history of guns, not one has ever been designed to protect. Every single gun ever made was deigned to kill. Dont kid yourself.

that's not completly true, any gun can can be used for protection and are intended as such unless you're buying a hunting rifle, now that's for killing, kill and grill baby !

Godfather.

• Options

Your idea of what bullying is is completely fucked up.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

that's not completly true, any gun can can be used for protection and are intended as such unless you're buying a hunting rifle, now that's for killing, kill and grill baby !

Godfather.

I don't know if I get this.... so by protection you mean what? Waving it around and hoping the attackers run away? Because if you mean protection by using it against someone, it is still 100% made for killing. Why you're doing the killing isn't really relevant.
  • Options

Godfather.

Shields protect. Armor protects.
    Guns attack.
    You can make an argument about offense as defense, but that doesn't make it protection.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

taser pistol
    riot control (shoots a bean bag)
    rubber bullets
    starting pistol
    B.B gun
    and there are target guns, I've owned a few

Godfather.

• Options

taser pistol
    rubber bullets
    starting pistol
    B.B gun

Godfather.

None of those are really guns as it pertains to this argument, aside from the target guns.
  • Options

Godfather.

Like it or not, a gun's only intended purpose is to kill. If guns protect you from other people with guns isn't that simply a roundabout way of saying that guns are intended for killing?
  • Options
    edited August 2015

get used to it kid, open discussion as long you agree with the train mentality LOL !!!!
    learn to have fun with it...drives em nutz LOL !

Godfather.

GF, I actually have a lot of respect for you, because no matter how crazy I think your ideas sometimes can be, you manage to keep it all civil and even-keeled, and you don't drive me nuts.
    I respect everyone's opinion and don't not feel like mine are more important than anyone else's.... but I do have disdain for those who lose control on a regular basis and are generally toxic to the board. You're not one of those people GF.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346

taser pistol
    rubber bullets
    starting pistol
    B.B gun

Godfather.

So why don't people use these? Why does a regular civilian have to own an AK-47?