Options

What the hell happen in Virginia??

Comments

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    PJ_Soul said:

In the history of guns, not one has ever been designed to protect. Every single gun ever made was deigned to kill. Dont kid yourself.

that's not completly true, any gun can can be used for protection and are intended as such unless you're buying a hunting rifle, now that's for killing, kill and grill baby !

Godfather.

I don't know if I get this.... so by protection you mean what? Waving it around and hoping the attackers run away? Because if you mean protection by using it against someone, it is still 100% made for killing. Why you're doing the killing isn't really relevant.
    .........lord you are lost, if someone breaks into your house and trys to kill you or your family..yes you whip out that hog leg and blow that sick fuck back to the stone age.....is that self defence or what ?

Godfather.

• Options

In the history of guns, not one has ever been designed to protect. Every single gun ever made was deigned to kill. Dont kid yourself.

taser pistol
    riot control (shoots a bean bag)
    rubber bullets
    starting pistol
    B.B gun
    and there are target guns, I've owned a few

Godfather.

So why don't people use these? Why does a regular civilian have to own an AK-47?
    who are you to say I can't ?

Godfather.

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

taser pistol
    rubber bullets
    starting pistol
    B.B gun

Godfather.

So why don't people use these? Why does a regular civilian have to own an AK-47?

Godfather.

a sane person?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

You're really twisted for continuing to try and blame me for the kids being murdered.

And pj soul, you have nothing to say to argue what I say, instead you make more snide, bullying remarks. It's getting old, you thinking your opinion is above everyone else's. It's not and comes across very holier than thou.

get used to it kid, open discussion as long you agree with the train mentality LOL !!!!
    learn to have fun with it...drives em nutz LOL !

Godfather.

GF, I actually have a lot of respect for you, because no matter how crazy I think your ideas sometimes can be, you manage to keep it all civil and even-keeled, and you don't drive me nuts.
    I respect everyone's opinion and don't not feel like mine are more important than anyone else's.... but I do have disdain for those who lose control on a regular basis and are generally toxic to the board. You're not one of those people GF.
    and I you, thanks !

Godfather.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741

PJ_Soul said:

that's not completly true, any gun can can be used for protection and are intended as such unless you're buying a hunting rifle, now that's for killing, kill and grill baby !

Godfather.

I don't know if I get this.... so by protection you mean what? Waving it around and hoping the attackers run away? Because if you mean protection by using it against someone, it is still 100% made for killing. Why you're doing the killing isn't really relevant.
    .........lord you are lost, if someone breaks into your house and trys to kill you or your family..yes you whip out that hog leg and blow that sick fuck back to the stone age.....is that self defence or what ?

Godfather.

I'm not lost. I was wondering why anyone would say that guns aren't just for killing, but for protection too. Offensive or defensive, it's all killing, and what all guns are made for, which you denied.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,427
    So that's the crux of it as it stands on this thread most of us agree that there needs to be more regulations in place to keep weapons that are meant to kill away from the lunatics , well most of us there are a couple of folks who believe that this problem will just magically disappear ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Godfather.

Like it or not, a gun's only intended purpose is to kill. If guns protect you from other people with guns isn't that simply a roundabout way of saying that guns are intended for killing?
    I've had a gun in my face and let me tell you, the guy did not pull the trigger because all the suden I realized ..hey he aint such a bad guy and maybe I better be on my way.....fast as I could ! lol!!

nothing says PEACE like a hand gun in your face hahhahhahhah

Godfather.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,427

Godfather.

Like it or not, a gun's only intended purpose is to kill. If guns protect you from other people with guns isn't that simply a roundabout way of saying that guns are intended for killing?
    I've had a gun in my face and let me tell you, the guy did not pull the trigger because all the suden I realized ..hey he aint such a bad guy and maybe I better be on my way.....fast as I could ! lol!!

Godfather.

this says peace way louder than any gun
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=peace sign
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

I keep hearing a guns main purpose is "for killing" when the truth is, it's for PROTECTION. That's the purpose of a gun. You own a pistol so when some meth head breaks in you have a fighting chance against someone with super human strength.

My mother, 88, had a revolver that has sat in her nightstand the last 50 years. She's never shot anyone, never hurt anyone, and the GUN ITSELF sure as hell never hurt anyone.

I'll say it again, guns don't kill people. People do. When people use guns to kill and go to jail, and then kill again, they aren't using guns. They're using whatever they can because IF SOMEONE WANTS TO KILL, THEY WILL. Regardless of Having a gun or not.

This mentality is partly responsible for 20 dead kids in Sandy Hook. You and everyone who thinks this way has blood on their hands.
    Go fuck your self telling me I have blood on my hands from 20 dead kids. Pathetic asshole

I said guns are for protection, and people kill, not guns. Nothing to say about those thigs that are facts! Instead you spew more uninformed hate. You're pathetic.
    Another thoughtful mature response.

I sense an imminent banning

IBTL
    I said what I said because of what was said to me, which by the way was much worse than my response. I haven't called one person a single name, until I'm told I'm being held personally responsible for murder. Then all gloves are off.

• Options
    rgambs said:

You're really twisted for continuing to try and blame me for the kids being murdered.

And pj soul, you have nothing to say to argue what I say, instead you make more snide, bullying remarks. It's getting old, you thinking your opinion is above everyone else's. It's not and comes across very holier than thou.

I don't see it that way. I see you as being twisted for being okay with legally owned guns being in these people's hands. How is that okay?!?
    Is it legal for me to buy a gun? It is. So blame the decision makers, not me.

But we could try blaming the true person responsible. The shooter. That's who is to blame. Not guns. How can you not see that?? I own a gun and don't kill people. It's the person making the decision. Not the gun. Like I said, my mom owns a gun and has never fired it. It's not about the gun, but others actions.

But I am done talking with you, if you keep on saying that you blame ME. I had nothing to do with anything. If you are that upset with your existence that you must do so to feel better, then feel free. But you saying those things to me, and no one else having a word to say about how fucked up that is, just shows how much you guys treat others like shit. I thought we were all pj fans here, having a debate. Instead I'm over here in tears because i am accused of being responsible for murdering children. How is your mind so twisted? That's just beyond uncalled for.
    Honest question, no bullying, no emotional provocation.

Do you think it should be legal to purchase nerve gas, pipe bombs, grenades, rocket launchers, or nuclear bombs?
    No I don't. But I also don't need those things to protect my home and children.
  • Options

So cops walking around with guns, are for no other purpose, than to kill. Right? Or do they use them to PROTECT the community?

Keep piling it on.

And add as many graphs as you'd like. Maybe it's Americans who have a problem with killing not guns.

That's been my stance since the start btw. Is that guns don't kill people, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE. that's my first post in this thread. I still believe that.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

taser pistol
    rubber bullets
    starting pistol
    B.B gun

Godfather.

None of those are really guns as it pertains to this argument, aside from the target guns.
    Oh, so once a point is made, it's no longer relevant to the argument . Got it
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Maybe look for a better area to live? I think a lot of this paranoia is created by the media. People should just switch the tv off. Get away from the propaganda. Or just stick with it because it makes them feel like their personal arsenal of deadly "toys" is justified.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

I don't see it that way. I see you as being twisted for being okay with legally owned guns being in these people's hands. How is that okay?!?

But we could try blaming the true person responsible. The shooter. That's who is to blame. Not guns. How can you not see that?? I own a gun and don't kill people. It's the person making the decision. Not the gun. Like I said, my mom owns a gun and has never fired it. It's not about the gun, but others actions.

But I am done talking with you, if you keep on saying that you blame ME. I had nothing to do with anything. If you are that upset with your existence that you must do so to feel better, then feel free. But you saying those things to me, and no one else having a word to say about how fucked up that is, just shows how much you guys treat others like shit. I thought we were all pj fans here, having a debate. Instead I'm over here in tears because i am accused of being responsible for murdering children. How is your mind so twisted? That's just beyond uncalled for.

Do you think it should be legal to purchase nerve gas, pipe bombs, grenades, rocket launchers, or nuclear bombs?
    Why not?
    You don't need a gun to protect your home either. There are plenty of other options.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    The point was that as long as there are people like you claiming there isn't a gun problem, nothing will ever change.

looking to hear of the earth
  • Options

So cops walking around with guns, are for no other purpose, than to kill. Right? Or do they use them to PROTECT the community?

Keep piling it on.

And add as many graphs as you'd like. Maybe it's Americans who have a problem with killing not guns.

That's been my stance since the start btw. Is that guns don't kill people, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE. that's my first post in this thread. I still believe that.
    Perhaps there's also a correlation there. It seems to me that many Americans take gun ownership far more personally than many other nations do. It's a God given right in the US whereas in many countries it is a regulated responsibility that is restricted and can easily be removed should you prove to be irresponsible. In Canada, nobody feels that they have the right to own a handgun or an automatic weapon and we don't fear for our lives in the absence of these tools.

As for cops; they can walk around with as many guns as they wish. It doesn't change the fact that the intended purpose of a firearm is to kill. Even with police officers, a sidearm is a lethal weapon to be used as a last resort. You can deny it as much as you want, but in a society with easy access to a tool that is intended to inflict fatal injuries on fellow living things, it's not exactly surprising that gun related homicides go up per capita.
  • Options

I keep hearing a guns main purpose is "for killing" when the truth is, it's for PROTECTION. That's the purpose of a gun. You own a pistol so when some meth head breaks in you have a fighting chance against someone with super human strength.

My mother, 88, had a revolver that has sat in her nightstand the last 50 years. She's never shot anyone, never hurt anyone, and the GUN ITSELF sure as hell never hurt anyone.

I'll say it again, guns don't kill people. People do. When people use guns to kill and go to jail, and then kill again, they aren't using guns. They're using whatever they can because IF SOMEONE WANTS TO KILL, THEY WILL. Regardless of Having a gun or not.

This mentality is partly responsible for 20 dead kids in Sandy Hook. You and everyone who thinks this way has blood on their hands.
    Go fuck your self telling me I have blood on my hands from 20 dead kids. Pathetic asshole

I said guns are for protection, and people kill, not guns. Nothing to say about those thigs that are facts! Instead you spew more uninformed hate. You're pathetic.

IBTL
    I said what I said because of what was said to me, which by the way was much worse than my response. I haven't called one person a single name, until I'm told I'm being held personally responsible for murder. Then all gloves are off.

It's tough getting called out for something you don't wish to be called out on.

There is a faction of people in the US that can see the problem for what it is. It's not even that hard to see... you don't have to be a rocket scientist. And then... there is a significant faction of the people in the US that adamantly resist meaningful gun legislation with logic that could befuddle a chimpanzee; thereby, indirectly contributing to the senseless, needless deaths of so many every day.

So... yah... the mentality you possess leaves you somewhat culpable for the gun violence your country experiences because you stymie progress and change.

Gonna swear at me now too?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590

taser pistol
    rubber bullets
    starting pistol
    B.B gun

Godfather.

Godfather.

The questions pertaining to the AK-47 was not that you can't own an AK but was asking why a regular civilian needs one.

I for one support the 2nd amendment but see no rational reason for a "regular civilian" would ever need one.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

Keep piling it on.

What the hell are you talking about graphs and piling on? Do you actually know how to debate without thinking you're being attacked? Grow up.

Police use guns because we the people give them that authority. That doesn't change the fact that no gun has ever been made to defend or protect.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741
    Time to take this little guy out of retirement.... imageimageimage
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

taser pistol
    rubber bullets
    starting pistol
    B.B gun

Godfather.

Godfather.

The questions pertaining to the AK-47 was not that you can't own an AK but was asking why a regular civilian needs one.

I for one support the 2nd amendment but see no rational reason for a "regular civilian" would ever need one.
    o.k buddy...help me spell this one, gun enthusiest , man I got friends that own guns for no other reason other than to have it, some guns are like classic cars to a car collector they just have to have them.

Godfather.
  • Options

taser pistol
    rubber bullets
    starting pistol
    B.B gun

Godfather.

Godfather.

o.k buddy...help me spell this one, gun enthusiest , man I got friends that own guns for no other reason other than to have it, some guns are like classic cars to a car collector they just have to have them.

Godfather.
  • Options

IBTL

It's tough getting called out for something you don't wish to be called out on.

There is a faction of people in the US that can see the problem for what it is. It's not even that hard to see... you don't have to be a rocket scientist. And then... there is a significant faction of the people in the US that adamantly resist meaningful gun legislation with logic that could befuddle a chimpanzee; thereby, indirectly contributing to the senseless, needless deaths of so many every day.

So... yah... the mentality you possess leaves you somewhat culpable for the gun violence your country experiences because you stymie progress and change.

Gonna swear at me now too?
    HAHHAHHAHHHAHAHA THATS FUNNY !!!

Godfather.

• Options

taser pistol
    rubber bullets
    starting pistol
    B.B gun

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.
    And some people like to collect panties- they just have to have them. A dentist in Minnesota likes to collect animal heads- he just has to have them.

What is your point?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Why not?
    You don't need a gun to protect your home either. There are plenty of other options.
    baseball anybody ! but as Al Capone said "you can get futher with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word" LOL !!!!!!

Godfather.

• Options

rgambs said:

taser pistol
    rubber bullets
    starting pistol
    B.B gun

Godfather.

None of those are really guns as it pertains to this argument, aside from the target guns.
    Oh, so once a point is made, it's no longer relevant to the argument . Got it
    she's catching rgambs, the statement "every gun in history that was made" was clearly posted.

Godfather.

• Options
    ldent42 said:

taser pistol
    rubber bullets
    starting pistol
    B.B gun

Godfather.

Godfather.

a sane person?
    define sane please

Aladnsane.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,122

Keep piling it on.

Do you think the police want less guns on the street or more guns? Why would the police want the public to carry stronger weapons than what they typically carry?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

Godfather.

Godfather.

this says peace way louder than any gun
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=peace sign
    that's just dirty pool, go ahead a pull the old hippy card....LOL ! can't argue with that !

Godfather.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019

James Holmes was a responsible gun owner until he wasn't

Dylan Roof was a responsible gun owner until he wasn't

Adam Lanza's mother was a responsible gun owner until she wasn't

Bryce Williams or whatever his name was was a responsible gun owner until he wasn't

Shall I go on?

come on bro, adam lanza's mom was murdered by adam, a little different. after he murdered her he got the gun safe keys and we know the rest.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......