2015 Chicago Bears!!!!

Comments

• RibbertronRibbertron Posts: 163

You guys know that when the Bears are expected to be a good team, they end up sucking. When they are expected to be terrible, they actually put together a decent season.

When did that apply? Because when they went to the super bowl, they weren't expected to suck.
    That year they were not predicted to be a top 10 team, more like 15th(the offense/QB situation was super iffy). Then of course they went to the Superbowl. The following year they were predicted to be a top 3 team and then they finished 7-9.

You're right, it's a mostly flawed statement but it certainly feels that way. When you don't expect much out of the team, they can surprise you and go to the Superbowl. When they have a really good season, you expect them to keep trending upwards next year and then they shit the bed.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    Kevin White's mysterious shin injury isn't promising. The guy still hasn't even practiced yet.
  • Dolphins 35
    Bears 20

And I hope somebody sucker punches Cutler, and breaks his jaw.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Not sure if I'll be able to see the game live tonight. I just got DirecTV, which included free Sunday Ticket (sweet!), but I don't think that includes pre-season.
    Preseason doesn't mean shit, but I'd like to be able to watch because a) It's the Bears! b) Football season!! c) I want to see how much different this team looks.

Dolphins 35
    Bears 20

And I hope somebody sucker punches Cutler, and breaks his jaw.

Hahahaha! You really want Jimmy C running the show?

Yeah....no thanks!
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    2nd team looking great out there tonight! 1st team....not so much.
    And now Alshon Jeffrey is in a walking boot too. WRs not in good shape right now.

And now Alshon Jeffrey is in a walking boot too. WRs not in good shape right now.

Yeeeeeaaah...this isn't good. I heard Alshon was in a boot AND with crutches! :fp:
    Kevin White to miss the first 6 games because of surgery.

Ugh!!!!!!
    mca47 said:

Kevin White to miss the first 6 games because of surgery.

Ugh!!!!!!

At least the first 6 games. Could be out for the whole season. Not sure what the point of the Bears being so secretive about this injury was. I guess this Pace/Fox regime is going to be like Belichick when it comes to injuries.
    Hope Wilson can step up, otherwise Jeffery will be doubled up all season.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Poor draft pick anyway
    Bears are done in Bourbonnais already after being down there only a couple weeks. I wonder why they were down there for such a short amount of time. Wouldn't surprise me if they eventually become one of those teams that just has training camp at their practice facility.
    I wish I didn't bet Speedy. This team is gonna suck bad!
    mca47 said:

Come on, let's at least wait until the Bears get crushed by the packers week 1 before we give up on the season!

I do keep reading that the defense has been looking good in this new 3-4 defense. Offense hasn't looked the greatest, but that is expected with a new system....defense always picks it up quicker than the offense. I just want a competitive team that won't be a complete embarrassment like last year. And with this new coaching staff that the players will actually respect and play hard for, I think that's what we're going to get.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    The Bears will be so bad, worse than the previous two years- you watch. If all else fails, go Bills

The Bears will be so bad, worse than the previous two years- you watch. If all else fails, go Bills

No way they are worse than last year. No way.

mca47 said:

Come on, let's at least wait until the Bears get crushed by the packers week 1 before we give up on the season!

I do keep reading that the defense has been looking good in this new 3-4 defense. Offense hasn't looked the greatest, but that is expected with a new system....defense always picks it up quicker than the offense. I just want a competitive team that won't be a complete embarrassment like last year. And with this new coaching staff that the players will actually respect and play hard for, I think that's what we're going to get.
    You're right, I was just bitching. But I do think Speedy will win the bet. That bastard! hahahaha!
    But yeah, the defense from what I've been reading sounds like they are making some progress. I just worry that they are too old and slow to keep it up for an entire game. The offense will take some time. I would expect that offense is going to look a lot better during the second half of the season.

I think if the '14 Bears played the '15 Bears, the '15 Bears would win that game. I do think they'll have a better team this year, but they have one hell of a tough schedule this year compared to last. So I think for many fans, they'll be up in arms about the team, the new coaches...pretty much anything as the standings look similar to last year....forgetting that they are rebuilding.
    Man, if you ever look at the comments on FB from the "fans"....wow! It amazes me how stupid and short-sighted Bear fans can be.
  • mca47 said:

I think if the '14 Bears played the '15 Bears, the '15 Bears would win that game. I do think they'll have a better team this year, but they have one hell of a tough schedule this year compared to last. So I think for many fans, they'll be up in arms about the team, the new coaches...pretty much anything as the standings look similar to last year....forgetting that they are rebuilding.
    Man, if you ever look at the comments on FB from the "fans"....wow! It amazes me how stupid and short-sighted Bear fans can be.
    How are we a better team?

Marshall was a ding-a-ling...But he was a HELL OF a receiver
    Are 1st round pick is out for probably a year.
    Mcclellin is our defensive play caller? HE IS A WASTED DRAFT PICK!

Forte is a year older
    Jared Allen moving to outside linebacker? Really?

This team could actually be a whole hell of a lot worse than last year.

mca47 said:

Forte is a year older

This team was an absolute mess last year. The coaching staff had ZERO control over this team and the players had ZERO respect for the coaching staff. Trestman and his staff didn't have a fucking clue. I honestly think just the change in coaching alone to a guy like Fox makes this team a lot better. Add in coordinators like Fangio and Gase who actually know what they are doing and it's just really hard for me to see this team being worse.
    mca47 said:

The FB pages of sports teams are some of the funniest shit on the internet. I'm not on FB, but I follow a couple twitter accounts that tweet out some of the more ridiculous things that people write. Funny stuff.

mca47 said:

Forte is a year older

And I forgot to mention...Marshall is a great player, but that guy is a locker room cancer. It's not without reason that a guy that talented is on his 4th team.
    What we don't have this year:
    A coach who calls for 22 screen plays in one game.
    A locker room cancer who lost a step, could barely get any separation and dropped a ton of passes.
    A coach that nobody respects.
    Mel Tucker, who in '13 coached the worst Bears defense in history and who in '14 smashed that record.
    An offensive coordinator who talks out of his ass, cries his eyes out while apologizing, then beats up a little kid.

We'll see how moving Allen to OLB pans out. The guy is still quick, and he clearly wasn't doing much on the line anymore. When the Packers moved Peppers to LB, I thought that was the dumbest thing I ever heard of, but it worked out really well. Granted, Peppers is a better player, but still.
    Forte is older, yes, but Fox likes to rotate RBs in and out. Forte should stay fresh longer and he won't get pounded every play when a designed screen pass is tossed his way 22 times a game. I'm curious to see how the back up RB position works out. Those young RBs showed some promise in that first game.

My biggest worry on offense is the WRs. Unless Wilson steps up bigtime, Alshon is going to be double teamed all season. Royal is a solid WR, but really only a slot guy. From what I've read about training camp and the scrimmages is that there is virtually no deep ball or threat on the Bears offense. Beyond 15 yards, the secondary is on them like glue. Not good!
  • I don't care if Vince Lombardi is coaching.
    If you don't have the horses, you are not going to win the race.

This defense is going to get LIT UP!!!
    Do you think the defense is really going to be worse than last years? I don't see how that would actually be possible. Even if this D turns out to be just an average defense, I'd be thrilled!
    mca47 said:

Do you think the defense is really going to be worse than last years? I don't see how that would actually be possible. Even if this D turns out to be just an average defense, I'd be thrilled!

Yep. Even if they were below average it would be an improvement over last year!!
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661

There's almost no chance they are as bad as last year. You have to really try to give up that many yards and points. But I will agree with the go bills.
    Looked good last night.
    Cutty looked really comfortable considering his top 3 WRs are out.
    Langford continues to impress. Forte with Langford mixed in could be fun to watch.
    D looks like it's coming together.