Options

Hair and Beauty Tips

Comments

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I have an eyelash curler and never use it. Was thinking of chucking it.

Going to start my babyfeet tonight
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Ok, I did babyfeet!
    Soaked for 1/2 hour, applied for 90 minutes then washed and rinsed. After an hour with the gel on, the tops of my feet felt like they had bad sunburn. It was uncomfortable but I kept with it for the last 30 minutes. The "burning" lasted about 3 hours after I rinsed off the gel. I was concerned about this! I soaked every night for 20 minutes in warm water. Day three after the soak I started to peel.I surprisingly never peeled on the top of my feet, since it was so uncomfy for me I thought at least something would happen there.....nada. But the sheets of skin on the bottoms came off for about 5 days. I soaked my feet every night which I feel was really key. I got tired of the dead skin everywhere so I stared using a pumice in the shower and putting on lotion. My feet felt really dry while I was peeling!
    They are now super soft. My callus on my big toe is a lot smaller, but not gone. I'm using lotion on my feet twice a day. I hope this lasts! I don't think I would do it again unless abso necessary, mostly b/c of the cost, and that burning. I am happy however with the outcome :heart:
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Good grief! No pain no gain :lol: - thank you for posting sprunk I think I'll pass!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'm in Foxy's camp on this one. Just reading "sheets of skin coming off" gave me the heebie-jeebies =)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552
    edited January 2016
    I seem to have finally worked out my hair problems. I've been using this Redkin weekly deep conditioner (called something like creamy smooth? Can't remember), but the real key is that I've embraced blow-drying tactics. I really never understood before how huge a difference the way you blow dry your makes. I knew to try and dry it in the direction of the hair cuticles, which did help, but wow, using that concentrator nozzle (the flat one) makes all the difference in the world! Just because of that my hair is MUCH smoother, softer, shinier (still using all the anti-frizz products and whatnot to help the hair along though). Fuck, it's ridiculous that I didn't do this earlier. :angry:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hedonist said:

I'm in Foxy's camp on this one. Just reading "sheets of skin coming off" gave me the heebie-jeebies =)

Oh, it was gross. I soaked my feet in the tub while I sat on the edge playing Candy Crush..hahaha. The drain was so full of skin it would clog...and my feet were not that bad to begin with. I was surprised how much came off! All the skin around my toes...and in between. the heels and balls of my feet shed the most.
    The top of the feet burning was bizarre, they were not red or swollen just burning and on the edge of itchy...
    If I had all around bad thick skinned feet, I would recommend it but not for me again!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Sounds gross Sprunkn7. :lol: But also immensely satisfying. That's a lot of dead skin!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I seem to have finally worked out my hair problems. I've been using this Redkin weekly deep conditioner (called something like creamy smooth? Can't remember), but the real key is that I've embraced blow-drying tactics. I really never understood before how huge a difference the way you blow dry your makes. I knew to try and dry it in the direction of the hair cuticles, which did help, but wow, using that concentrator nozzle (the flat one) makes all the difference in the world! Just because of that my hair is MUCH smoother, softer, shinier (still using all the anti-frizz products and whatnot to help the hair along though). Fuck, it's ridiculous that I didn't do this earlier. :angry:

I haven't blow-dried my hair in ages (I go the air-dry route), but lately the water pressure in our building has been weak and I feel like, well...
  • Options
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

I haven't blow-dried my hair in ages (I go the air-dry route), but lately the water pressure in our building has been weak and I feel like, well...
    Oh no! Not low flow! :nuh_uh:
    I have the same prob so got a dual shower head, which feels quite luxurious and completely takes care of the low flow problem.

• Options
    :rofl:
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    FoxyRedLa said:

Who here uses an eye lash curler and hates it? And tips for those that do use it and like it?

I like my eyelash curler. I use it instead of mascara

tips? um, use it carefully and slowly and try to include all your lashes. Hold for 30 seconds each eye for best results.

• Options
    Here is an article about using an eyelash curler. I have also heard that they can make your lashes fall out... this has suggestions that may help to prevent that.

http://www.infinitelash.com/us/en/eyelash-curling-dos-and-donts-how-to-curl-eyelashes-without-pain-or-fallout/
  • Options
    hmmmfft. Seems I have to apply mascara anyway to hold the curl. THANKS PJ_SOUL! :coffee:

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

Oh no! Not low flow! :nuh_uh:
    I have the same prob so got a dual shower head, which feels quite luxurious and completely takes care of the low flow problem.

I, too had this issue. Got a fancy showerhead (it's a name brand that has the water coming out in multiple directions rather than the typical "ring": and it was much better.
    I complained to the super about the water pressure and his response was "what? it's fine"
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    I have to wear mascara, period. Part of being fair-skinned :angry:

(and just had to re-apply some thanks to watching not even ten minutes of Pit Bulls & Parolees...gets me every time)

Here's a question about the water pressure / shower head thing. We just replaced our Grohe one with the same kind (other one was old). Has various settings for the water coming out. But...if the water pressure only allows X amount to come through, how would it increase based on the head?
  • Options
    hedonist said:

(and just had to re-apply some thanks to watching not even ten minutes of Pit Bulls & Parolees...gets me every time)

Here's a question about the water pressure / shower head thing. We just replaced our Grohe one with the same kind (other one was old). Has various settings for the water coming out. But...if the water pressure only allows X amount to come through, how would it increase based on the head?

Yeah, I have to wear mascara too. The tips of my eyelashes are blonde.
    Here is a very helpful guide for shower heads and water pressure: http://www.agreatshower.com/ultimate-guide-high-pressure-shower-heads/
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

Here is a very helpful guide for shower heads and water pressure: http://www.agreatshower.com/ultimate-guide-high-pressure-shower-heads/
    Thank you for this! I'm pretty sure it's our building's pipes causing the problem but I had no idea there were viable options out there. Great starting point.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Sprunkn, sorry you had the burning sensation on your feet, that must not be very pleasant...don't blame you for not wanting to do it again.

I have very sensitive skin, and didn't have any issues. i am looking to do another round since sheets of flaking skin wouldn't look good during sandal season.

I refuse to wear mascara...I usually end up looking like Taylor Mommesen by the end of the day.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    I have dark air, dark lashes and hate mascara. We are like oil and water :-)
  • Options
    rollings said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Who here uses an eye lash curler and hates it? And tips for those that do use it and like it?

I like my eyelash curler. I use it instead of mascara

tips? um, use it carefully and slowly and try to include all your lashes. Hold for 30 seconds each eye for best results.

Thanks! Appears I was on the right track.
    PJ_Soul said:

Here is an article about using an eyelash curler. I have also heard that they can make your lashes fall out... this has suggestions that may help to prevent that.

http://www.infinitelash.com/us/en/eyelash-curling-dos-and-donts-how-to-curl-eyelashes-without-pain-or-fallout/

Thanks for posting! I'm gonna try to curl then apply mascara theeeen go curl the other side and add mascara and see if I get a better curl!
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i use old spice liquid soap. you know the silly commercials on television, im the big shirtless guy.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

I sugges PJ_Soul start a "Dear PJ_Soul" thread where people could go with their problems and she/you can research the solution. Is that a good idea?
  • Options
    I used mascara today. I didn't realize I had to glue the curl in place.

it's like hairspray for your eyelashes. black & gloppy
  • Options
    I've been using this hair crème from Pantene called BB cream. My hairdresser that has been doing my hair for 15 years told me he has noticed a "great" improvement in my hair the last two haircuts and wants to know what it is I'm using :blush: Pantene I told him..with a coupon I got it for $1.77!
    Anyway, I live in Fairfield County in CT and it's expensive as f*ck to live here..so I am a huge couponer. I get a lot of foods, but they really give great deals on all kinds of essentials. My "haul" closet had me set up pretty good for a while, but I'm dwindling on some products. Time to get cracking on some goodies. It's not that hard and if you want I can share some secrets! I can post them here or pm me if you want. Don't want to be blabbing about something no one cares about. Believe me, I'm pretty lazy so if I can do it..well you know.....
  • Options
    chadwick said:

i use old spice liquid soap. you know the silly commercials on television, im the big shirtless guy.

That black guy? :tongue:
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

i always pictured chad as filipino.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    rollings said:

I used mascara today. I didn't realize I had to glue the curl in place.

it's like hairspray for your eyelashes. black & gloppy

oh, you gotta glue, girl.

you gotta glue.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

PJ_Soul said:

chadwick said:

i always pictured chad as filipino.
    sometimes both. just depends

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    i don't buy axe hygiene products myself & i've never used it until recently when i got a box set of shampoo, body wash & deodorant for christmas. i did use them. the axe deodorant lasted 10 days or less before it crumbled apart & fell on the floor. seems there was a two - three inch stick of white deodorant in a container twice that size. like wtf

until this axe event i hadn't used a deodorant w/ aluminum in it in probably 12-15 yrs. kiss my frickin fanny you axe bastards

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Chad, in my experience, the person who gives you deodorant as a Christmas present is trying to tell you something.
    chinese-happy.jpg