Options

Hair and Beauty Tips

Comments

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Finally got my babyfeet delivered yesterday! Took three weeks to get them from that BOGO sale.Too close to Christmas to try it but will do next week. After I placed the order I looked at my feet and thought.....mmm they really aren't so bad!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PJ_Soul said:

Don't forget about the gadget I spouted off about in the summer. It works really well (anything similar would too I imagine). This thing combined with a good foot moisturizer is way more effective than paraffin treatments Ident. I've done paraffin treatments, and have always been disappointing, especially when it comes to how long the effects last, which is not at all beyond a couple of days (and these were good treatments at good spas).

I NEED one of these, my feel look like a goddamn Hobbits.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,580
    edited December 2015
    RKCNDY said:

You can take some tissue paper (or one of those toilet seat covers) and press it against your face. Make sure you press against your forehead, nose chin and cheeks. Remove tissue, and examine it. Do you see an oily face print? Or do you see splotches of oil mostly around your forehead and nose? The former would indicate oily skin, the latter combination. Little to no oily residue means normal, we all have some natural oil on our face. if your face feels dry, papery, or looks dull, you have dry skin.
    Don't use Kleenex, it will absorb the oil too fast. You can go from there. Try to stay away from parabens.

There is also oil blotting sheets. It is pretty wonderful if you have oily or combination skin (I have an oily t-zone. Just use it to soak up the oil once a day, or while you're out, whatever. Cheap and super easy way to deal with oily skin on your face. And it works perfectly even when you're wearing make-up! I keep a pack in my purse for if my nose starts looking shiny or whatever. There are store brands too. The ones I buy are only something like $4 for a pack of 30. You can really see what comes off your face, and it is insanely satisfying, lol.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    how often should i get my eyebrows waxed? once a week or every other?

thanks.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

thanks.

Tweezers.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305

thanks.

Depends. Do they look like this?

"The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options

thanks.

You gotta wait until there's a little bit of hair for the wax to actually rip out. so unless your shit grows super fast I'd go once every 3-4 weeks.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Hundreds of women are filing a class action law suit because that shit made their hair fall out!! :tired_face: I guess the lesson is DON'T BUY WEN!!

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/whats-hot/57846538-story

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul said:

Hundreds of women are filing a class action law suit because that shit made their hair fall out!! :tired_face: I guess the less is DON'T BUY WEN!!

Holy shit! I'd heard it was a good product.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

Hundreds of women are filing a class action law suit because that shit made their hair fall out!! :tired_face: I guess the less is DON'T BUY WEN!!

Holy shit! I'd heard it was a good product.
    Me too, But I guess not!
  • Options
    i was going to buy it, but found this article: http://beautifulwithbrains.com/2012/10/26/do-cleansing-conditioners-work/

Soooo.....I would not be surprised if these ladies were using a lot of product in their hair, and then the hair follicles became clogged up (from product, dirt, and natural oils from the scalp) and then caused the hair to stop growing.

Hopefully their hair will grow back once they stop using wen.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

i was going to buy it, but found this article: http://beautifulwithbrains.com/2012/10/26/do-cleansing-conditioners-work/

Soooo.....I would not be surprised if these ladies were using a lot of product in their hair, and then the hair follicles became clogged up (from product, dirt, and natural oils from the scalp) and then caused the hair to stop growing.

Stop growing? I saw this on the TV news and their hair was falling out in clumps!
    I can't even imagine. I would flip out, lol.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

RKCNDY said:

Stop growing? I saw this on the TV news and their hair was falling out in clumps!
    I can't even imagine. I would flip out, lol.
    the news pieces I've seen say that it caused hair breakage, discoloration, irritation, rashes and baldness. Most products take a few uses before any adverse reactions happen.

I personally experienced it...anybody remember Reflect.com? You went to the website, filled out a bunch of questions about your skin, paid $120 for a complete customized skin care system...with custom labels. You could name it whatever you wanted.
    I said I had dry and sensitive skin, the products they sent me smelled like a very strong perfume, even though I ordered 'unscented'. Tried contacting them, and they said, "you'll get used to the smell". ok, fine. I used it for about a week, and then one day I woke up and my entire face was red, blotchy, tender and sore...it felt like it was on fire. I actually had to go to the emergency room because I was literally in tears from the pain.
    They gave me a steroid cream and said I wasn't allowed to use any soap, lotion, or make up for 2 weeks, I could only use cool water to splash on my face.
    Contacted the company again, and they only gave me a partial refund. I contacted the BBB, and they tried contacting the company, but never got a response.

Company eventually went out of business.

I would not be surprised if this happens with wen.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

When I first heard about this I lol-ed so hard."If it seems too good to be true, it probably is."

I'm gobs order that origins thing.
  • Options
    Cool, I can use that Wen on my ass crack.
  • Options
    Bravo, Dr. D!
  • Options
    Maybe Juggler should use Wen on his eyebrows.
  • Options

Do you recommend it?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Do you recommend it?
    No, but hundreds of women filing a class action suit do.
  • Options

I never had you pegged as a very hairy-assed fella Dr. D. :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I never had you pegged as a very hairy-assed fella Dr. D. :lol:
    I'm not at all...in fact my ass cheeks are superb in the flesh to hair ratio.
    Now, sarlaacs pit is another story.....
  • Options
    how often should one get a bikini wax?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Depends on the waxee's stubble-toleration level.

...not that I'd know anything about that...
  • Options

Are you asking for yourself? Wouldn't that be a speedo wax?
  • Options
    Oh great and thanks a LOT, Who P.

I just had a vision of Borat in the penultimate Speedo.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    hedonist said:

Oh great and thanks a LOT, Who P.

I just had a vision of Borat in the penultimate Speedo.

:lol:

I was thinking of something more like this (sorry for the crappy quality):

https://youtu.be/bywa3wqQ7ng
  • Options
    Thanks all
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Who here uses an eye lash curler and hates it? And tips for those that do use it and like it?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.