Options

Hair and Beauty Tips

Comments

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    In my late teens I worked in customer service in a big box store. I started taking a medication that gave me terrible, horrible acne worse than I'd ever had as a part of normal teenage stuff. Apparently my face was so offensive to people that random strangers wanted to fix it for me so they didn't have to look at it anymore. This woman hands me one of those jumbo sized prescription bottles full of like flowers and tea leaves and shit and sort of tried to tell me to put it on my face (there was a language barrier and by sheer chance no one was available to translate so I had zero information outside of hand signals) So I took it home and left it on the dresser trying not to be upset that some complete rando was so disgusted by me she was moved to hand me a "cure" - and promptly forgot about it the way one does at that age. Fast forward like a week or a couple days later and I see something moving out of the corner of my eye. Whatever the fuck had been in that bottle had hatched, and there was about a dozen little beetle looking bugs crawling around in it. Thank god those child-proof bottles are locked tight so nothing got out. I threw that shit out and promised to smack that lady if I ever saw her again (which I did not).
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    holy wow. that's something else. sometimes ppl are not very kind
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    that would tick me off alot
    and i would be nasty back
    then leave im no serene
    being when im treated like
    so and with my life i now
    have zero patience especially
    when i dont know the person
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    On the hair care front I am using dry shampoo every other day, The Everpure a few times a week and regular (for color) shampoo a few times a week. I don't really see that my color is lasing any longer :angry:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    I forgot to add my feet are still Baby Soft! Thats a pretty surprising thing.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    JWPearl said:

then leave im no serene

roses are
    red violets
    are blue
    people stink
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

JWPearl said:

then leave im no serene

roses are
    red violets
    are blue
    people stink
    :lol:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Was waiting for a script at the pharmacy and came across this and thought of Malroth! :rofl:

Please do not take offense! Just made me laugh. Hadn't seen anything like it before.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    That's hilarious, Foxy (also no offense to Mal)!

I'd think lube would work better though :whistle:
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    FoxyRedLa said:

Was waiting for a script at the pharmacy and came across this and thought of Malroth! :rofl:

Please do not take offense! Just made me laugh. Hadn't seen anything like it before.

oooooooooh! I gotta find me some
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    chadwick said:

let us get down to brass tacks, shall we?
    can we help a guy with perpetual ingrown toenails? i don't know him as he's the friend of a friend of a friend of a cousin of a nephew's

just askin

i was once told black sabbath (or heaven & hell) sound like ingrown toenails

frigg

oops, forgot.
    Cutting your toenails straight across, or even a v shape with the sides being longer is supposed to help. I just dug at em for a year.
    I've been lucky and haven't had em in 20 yrs.
  • Options
    I don't get it. What's monkey butt?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    I'm assuming its for chaffing. Maybe sweating and skin rubbing together? People I know tend to get what we call "swamp ass" at festivals, especially when it wicked hot. They use Gold Bond powder on their butt and ummmm.... :blush: balls.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,552
    Sprunkn7 said:

I'm assuming its for chaffing. Maybe sweating and skin rubbing together? People I know tend to get what we call "swamp ass" at festivals, especially when it wicked hot. They use Gold Bond powder on their butt and ummmm.... :blush: balls.

Yeah, you can also buy gels that work for chaffing in the heat (which I would think is better than powders, which might get messy and ruin clothes?). From.... some name that we all know, but I can't think of it now. Not polysporin... but something familiar like that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Thankfully I'm ball free and I have so far had no prob wit my butt... I would think the powder would turn to mud, but what do i know?
  • Options
    Lol. I think most people more get it between their thighs and under their arms, not in their butt, hahaha. But obviously it's happening to someone!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I remembered: Lanacane. :tongue: (Lanacaine?)
  • Options
    Asides from balls and monkey butts, is there a notable difference between laundry detergents?
    I usually get sun or purex bec0ause its about 425% cheaper than name brand.
    Are my clothes not getting as clean?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Malroth said:

Asides from balls and monkey butts, is there a notable difference between laundry detergents?

Yes, some work much better than others, and the cheap ones never work as well. Tide works well. I buy the liquid pods usually because it's most convenient and mess-free, but the liquid Tide that you pour works the best IMO. Liquid laundry detergent is the only kind that leaves no residue on clothes (the pods don't always totally dissolve completely and the powder leaves white marks sometimes).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    I saw a comparison thing about detergents and Purex was just as good as the more $$ ones. Not Arm and Hammer, not Kirkland and not store brand. Purex. I get coupons and buy as many as I can when I can get it for like a buck. I usually have 4 to 6 months of a stockpile.I also get All cheap.
  • Options
    Malroth said:

it does. I use tide and have for years. For my mom's stuff I used her cheap-o Ajax brand detergent and it's basically colored water. If you have access to a Costco or BJs type of place just get the giant bottle of tide and refill your current bottle.

Anyone have luck with oxyclean? I always want to try it on clothes but i'm afraid of ruining my shit.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i make my laundry soap. :)
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

then leave im no serene

yeah i think i
    agree with jwpearl
    on this iss
    ue....not a tiss
    ue, mind you
    but, rather this
    iss.......ue
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

Malroth said:

it does. I use tide and have for years. For my mom's stuff I used her cheap-o Ajax brand detergent and it's basically colored water. If you have access to a Costco or BJs type of place just get the giant bottle of tide and refill your current bottle.

Anyone have luck with oxyclean? I always want to try it on clothes but i'm afraid of ruining my shit.
    Believe it or not, I can tell you with a degree of certainty, that peanut butter works really well on stains.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    FoxyRedLa said:

Hubba swears by it :lol:
  • Options

JWPearl said:

then leave im no serene

yeah i think i
    agree with jwpearl
    on this iss
    ue....not a tiss
    ue, mind you
    but, rather this
    iss.......ue
    yes some people are so stupid that
    they live to regret it
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

ldent42 said:

Malroth said:

Believe it or not, I can tell you with a degree of certainty, that peanut butter works really well on stains.
    Note,
    speaking of peanut butter, despite having heard it works to get bubble-gum out of hair - which may have been randomly tossed by some asshole during a school assembly - had to cut the hair out, and (still painfully remembered), I was "endearingly" nicknamed Mt. Baldy for a few months afterward.

• Options
    I just found some tide at a good price. I'm thinking of doing the pepsi challenge between tide and sun. What would be a good stain to put on a couple white t-shirts to compare?
    Grass stains?, mud?, or maybe peanut butter? :giggle:
  • Options
    i thought everybody knew hairspray gets bubble gum out of hair
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

Malroth said:

Ajax detergent and ajax dish soap is the worst. Oxyclean never worked for me :-(