Options

Hair and Beauty Tips

Comments

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    love L'Occitane theres a perfume my daughter loves in there and there another one i love in there too called blue iris i love it but havent gotten around to buying it cant justify the cost
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,586
    RKCNDY said:

ldent42 said:

I love how randomly one of the male regulars will drop in with a smart ass comment :lol:

I dont wear make up. I never learned how. You say toner I think copy machine. My skin is incredibly stupid sensitive anyway. The entire right side of my face looks like a goddamn Martian landscape from the stupid heat/humidity. I switch between various Origins facial cleansers. Right now I've got the Charcoal one and the yellow one in the shower and the frothy one in my suitcase.

i'm not much for make-up either. I know to wash my face with a gentle cleanser and put on a nice moisturizer (I use L'Occitane-crazy expensive, but I have really sensitive skin)

The extent of my make up is, BB cream, urban decay eyeliner, UD Naked Basics shadow, and sometimes an UD colored shadow. I've been told that I have good skin, and I shouldn't use anything but water to 'wash' my face.
    I do not know how to apply eyeliner at all, so I just don't use it, lol. I feel like my mom and/or sister dropped the ball on that one. :lol: I just use a very tiny bit of liquid foundation just to get rid of shine and even out the tone slightly, a bit of whatever eyeshadow is on sale, ha, mascara, and tinted lip gloss. I have nothing against wearing more. I just have no idea how to make it look good (I was fucking around once and tried to give myself the smoky eye look - LMAO!! Wow, that did so not work!! :lol: ), and I don't care enough to learn.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DancedNLaughterDancedNLaughter the 509 Posts: 323
    I usually wear nothing on my face (maybe a primer or BB if I'm feeling fancy) and mascara and gloss. I love the look of eyeliner on others, but I kind of suck at putting it on. I did heavy hand my aforementioned Clinique eyeliner to test its staying power in the heat today and it's pretty good!! I can't pick out a lipstick color to save my life and if I buy shadow, it's the stuff that tells you in what order to put it on! It's my eyeshadow for dummies :lol:

I envy the polished looks I see on other ladies, but it makes my head spin thinking about layering and blending!!! :confounded:
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • Options
    Haha! I use eyeshadow for dummies too!
    Yeah, I just don't have the time or energy to bother with all that layering an blending... and imagine all the touching up that must require. I don't want to haul a make-up bag around with me everywhere I go. So there you have it. How much make-up I wear is directly related to how lazy I am. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,496
    ldent42 said:

I love how randomly one of the male regulars will drop in with a smart ass comment :lol:

I actually know a girl who is "certified" (or whatever) in Devacurl! :peace:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Here's my solution. One, add ground flax seed in yogurt, or some other food product, once a day. Do this every day. Make sure you ingest at least 2 Tbsp a day. And it HAS to be ground, or it does you no good. It helps support the keratin production in your body, which improves your hair AND nails! and then whatever shampoo/ conditioner duo you find to replace the one that's no longer available. My hair is straight as a board, will NOT hold vurl unless I roll it and let it dry in rollers.. ( too much work) and between the Danush/Polish blood I got that super duper fine, baby fine hair. So I turn my head and it gets tangled! Any suggestions on a good no tangle solution??
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    :lol: That is so like me trying to do liquid liner!!!!!!!
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    edited July 2015
    i have been breaking out a LOT on my face lately. pretty sure it's because i've started drinking soda again and have been drinking less water, combined with eating crappy. tried multiple face scrubs, nothing's really working. my bf has these medicated acne cloths he got from his mother which really help my acne but he's running out of them and i don't know where to get them besides going to a doctor lol.

also, i have really long and thick wavy/straight hair. i find using herbal essence moroccan my shine keeps my hair very soft and healthy. and it's cheap!
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Sorry PJ_Soul, I tried to find some B&B Deep in my local stores, but no luck.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

The whole world is tapped. :( But wow, that is so nice that you thought to check! Thank you! :)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

SD48277 said:

The whole world is tapped. :( But wow, that is so nice that you thought to check! Thank you! :)
    I just tried to send you a PM, and it went on your wall by mistake. Sorry. I can ask Kat or Sea to remove it, if you want.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

PJ_Soul said:

SD48277 said:

I just tried to send you a PM, and it went on your wall by mistake. Sorry. I can ask Kat or Sea to remove it, if you want.
    No, that's fine. :)
    B&B has it on their website?? I called the company and they did they had absolutely none left in their stock anywhere. Will go and check that out!!
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,754
    There are six 5 oz tubes of it on amazon.com not sure if they ship to Canada on this product or not.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

There are six 5 oz tubes of it on amazon.com not sure if they ship to Canada on this product or not.

Thanks! But it's for over $70 for one tube, plus shipping. That is way too expensive for me. That is nearly triple the value (though is better than what I found last week. It was over $100 then!). It would be like paying $450 for a coke bottle Ten, hahaha. I DO want it, but not if I have to spend money like that for it, just to prolong the inevitable (and no, it doesn't ship to Canada). I need to find a replacement that I can afford. But thanks for looking!!!!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

SD48277 said:

PJ_Soul said:

SD48277 said:

B&B has it on their website?? I called the company and they did they had absolutely none left in their stock anywhere. Will go and check that out!!
    I am not seeing it in their website. Are you maybe looking at a different product? There is one called oil something or other, but that's not what I'm after.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    SD48277 said:
    Whoa, holy shit. That didn't come up in my search (or the company's, apparently). That's weird. Thank you soooo much for the link!!!!!! Edit: Oh. Sold out. :( It's not clear until you drill down, but yeah, it's not in stock. But still, thanks for keeping a look out. ;)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

SD48277 said:

PJ_Soul said:

SD48277 said:

I am not seeing it in their website. Are you maybe looking at a different product? There is one called oil something or other, but that's not what I'm after.
    Is it Deeep? Is there more than one product called Deeep?
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

i have been breaking out a LOT on my face lately. pretty sure it's because i've started drinking soda again and have been drinking less water, combined with eating crappy. tried multiple face scrubs, nothing's really working. my bf has these medicated acne cloths he got from his mother which really help my acne but he's running out of them and i don't know where to get them besides going to a doctor lol.

also, i have really long and thick wavy/straight hair. i find using herbal essence moroccan my shine keeps my hair very soft and healthy. and it's cheap!

If you smooth up white aspirin tablets the non coated ones. Put very little water very little and make like a paste put that on your face like a mask for 15-30 however long you can stand lol once it drys a little can tickle and crumble off - has worked for me in the past when I had major hormone changes. I think you can do it weekly don't remember how often.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

SD48277 said:

PJ_Soul said:

SD48277 said:

No. They have it listed, but it says sold out. Customer service confirmed it's off the market, so i don't know why they keep it up on their website when they don't have any of it.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

SD48277 said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

SD48277 said:

PJ_Soul said:

SD48277 said:

No. They have it listed, but it says sold out. Customer service confirmed it's off the market, so i don't know why they keep it up on their website when they don't have any of it.
    bastards
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    ^^^ :lol: Totally!!!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    So I've been using Maybelline's Great Lash mascara for years, along with Clinique's glossy kind on occasion. Both rock.

Just saw a commercial for some new Maybelline mascara. Are they seriously promoting this nasty-ass look?
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Well I can imagine that's what mascara would look like on fake ass lashes. The pouty lips are ugly and it makes her nose look ginormous. Great eye brows tho.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    hedonist said:

So I've been using Maybelline's Great Lash mascara for years, along with Clinique's glossy kind on occasion. Both rock.

Just saw a commercial for some new Maybelline mascara. Are they seriously promoting this nasty-ass look?

Great brand of mascara for sure.... Yes, I've seen this look advertised too. I have seen it called the spikey look. It is not great IMO, but I think it's reminiscent of a style that was popular in the 60s. Retro.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    My lovely daughter brought me some of this on her recent visit from California. It is truly a miracle substance. Absolutely great for everything, the driest of skin, sunburn, cuts, make-up remover, wrinkle cream, you name it. And it's all natural which I love. I think I'm addicted.

http://egyptianmagic.com/

Nice shirt.
  • Options

My lovely daughter brought me some of this on her recent visit from California. It is truly a miracle substance. Absolutely great for everything, the driest of skin, sunburn, cuts, make-up remover, wrinkle cream, you name it. And it's all natural which I love. I think I'm addicted.

http://egyptianmagic.com/

I have heard about this stuff and been curious, now I can't remember where I saw it!!!

I ran out of my devacurl conditioner the other night and ran a bit of coconut oil through my ends and slightly rinsed it out. It wasn't too bad!!! It's nice to know I have something to use in a pinch and I might experiment more with it.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    A whole thread about hair- haha! Cool!

The best tip for men's hair (and probably for women as well) I've ever heard comes from one of John Densmore's books (I believe it was in Riders on the Storm). Densmore tells of how one day he asked Jim Morrison how he got his hair to look so great and Morrison told him that after he washed his hair he didn't brush it with a hair brush but rather he just ran his fingers through his hair and kind of shaped it that way. And it works!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Jim had himself quite the lovely head of hair! I do the same thing when I work a bit of product through.

Danced, I just applied a coconut oil hair mask. Leave it on overnight, clarifying shampoo and conditioner in the morning, and - hopefully - voila!