Options

Hair and Beauty Tips

Comments

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

Chad, in my experience, the person who gives you deodorant as a Christmas present is trying to tell you something.

Is this information garnered from personal experience?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    RKCNDY said:

Chad, in my experience, the person who gives you deodorant as a Christmas present is trying to tell you something.

What do you think "in my experience" means rk??
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

RKCNDY said:

You could have been relaying the information 'for a friend'...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    RKCNDY said:

RKCNDY said:

oops
    fixed that for you

• Options

Aunt Mary Ann bought it for him probably 4 years before she knew chad existed.

Gifts from Aunt Mary Ann could be its own thread

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    rollings said:

Aunt Mary Ann bought it for him probably 4 years before she knew chad existed.

Gifts from Aunt Mary Ann could be its own thread

My Godmother's called Aunt Mary Ann. True Story.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I bought the new Loreal 6 in 1 EverPure. From what I can tell, it's kind of like Wen. Love the smell, Rosemary Mint. My hair felt super smooth and silky during the rinse. With regular shampoo I can't get a comb through my hair without a good conditioner. It feels really nice after my blow dry too. Lets see if I feel like I have clean hair all day!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Sprunk. Do you feel flat and heavy greasy? And careful throwing those Wen comments around. Lol. Huge law suit going.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

Sprunk. Do you feel flat and heavy greasy? And careful throwing those Wen comments around. Lol. Huge law suit going.

I don't feel greasy at all. I am trying not to wash my hair so much, first it's drying and second it kills my color.
    Hehehe, I hear Wen makes your hair fall out....now I have to go check ingredients and see how similar they are. But so far I really like it. Even if I use it a few times a week I hope it helps.
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    Ladies. What should I do to smell better? Is taking showers enough?

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    Malroth said:

If you still smell with daily showers, just use a really good antiperspirant. The "clinical" ones work best. To help even more also use Perspirex or Drysol to supplement the daily antiperspirant.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Malroth said:

imagephoto giphy-1_zpsdcmrnsuq.gif" />
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Mal, not sure what the issue is but morning and afternoon/evening showers? Stroll through swaths of incense?

Just do not go heavy or beyond the gentlest use of cologne/fragrance. Trust me; I insist upon this!

Altoids too?

(and what exactly makes you think you're not smellin' fine?)
  • Options
    I saw a poll that stated middle aged men are the smelliest, since then I've wondered if I give off some weird odor that I'm not aware of.
  • Options
    Malroth sounds like you're fine. Do you smoke? Sometimes certain soaps, deodorants and colognes don't work with ones chemistry. I agree with the above. Men don't need to over due cologne as they're already manly strong lol. If anything men have smelly feet. Other than that lol I'm sure you're a fine smelling dude.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    FoxyRedLa said:

Malroth sounds like you're fine. Do you smoke? Sometimes certain soaps, deodorants and colognes don't work with ones chemistry. I agree with the above. Men don't need to over due cologne as they're already manly strong lol. If anything men have smelly feet. Other than that lol I'm sure you're a fine smelling dude.

Rarely smoke. I'm gonna go out into this world with a new confidence :murica:
    I will leave you all alone, whilst you get back to your foot creams and shampoos.
    Happy woman's day! :bow:
  • Options
    Maybe it's something in your broken down Chevrolet bahahha!

Join us anytime!
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    let us get down to brass tacks, shall we?
    can we help a guy with perpetual ingrown toenails? i don't know him as he's the friend of a friend of a friend of a cousin of a nephew's

just askin

i was once told black sabbath (or heaven & hell) sound like ingrown toenails

frigg
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    remove the tacks

duh!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Malroth said:

If you still smell with daily showers, just use a really good antiperspirant. The "clinical" ones work best. To help even more also use Perspirex or Drysol to supplement the daily antiperspirant.
    I love this thread. Superb advise.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I love the people I work with. We made a pact that if one of us smells (in any way, breath, b.o. or other) that we would tell each other. It's a big leap to tell someone they stink but we just got rid of someone that smelled. We called it V, as in vag...she did..ugggh. No one would go in the bathroom after her lol. Sometimes the breath thing arises but it's mostly coffee.
  • Options
    Omg.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    edited March 2016
    There was a really gross woman at my office who had just the rankest BO ever, and it was getting worse and worse - it filled up the entire office area where she sat. Like probably 2500 square feet worth of air, lol. so finally her boss had to take her into her office (poor boss - not sure how she could stand being in a closed office with this reeker), and discussed how often she had to wash her clothes, told her that she had to shower each morning before coming to work, and she gave her 4 different brands of pit stick for her to choose from, and told her that she had to use at least one of them every morning. :sick: It did work. The lady stopped stinking and we were all very, very relieved. Pretty sad that a 48 year old woman had to be taught the basics of modern human hygiene, but there you have it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

Omg.

sorry, sad but true story! We were like she smells and a male coworker said it smells like bad V and we were all like holy crap,,,really? I think it was backed up by the bathroom visits.. LOL
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    chadwick said:

let us get down to brass tacks, shall we?
    can we help a guy with perpetual ingrown toenails? i don't know him as he's the friend of a friend of a friend of a cousin of a nephew's

just askin

i was once told black sabbath (or heaven & hell) sound like ingrown toenails

frigg

In college, I had a couple ingrown toenails that actually grew through and stuck out of the bottom of my toes.
    Post edited by Malroth on
  • Options
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'm so happy that image didn't post :lol:
  • Options
    ouch, malroth, ouch

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    here is a fascinating & factual story from the file cabinet. once upon a time mom worked in a restaurant as a architect. just kidding, she drew blue prints for cheese burgers & things. anyhow she had a co-worker who was this disgusting frickin gal with the most foul smelling odors one could imagine. unreal. & i know of this woman as well & yes she is as nasty as it comes. mom went out & bought her soap, shampoo, deodorant, laundry detergent & who knows what else & mom put the stuff in this gal's car. (small town iowa, doors are not locked that much). this woman went ballistic when she found the hygiene products in the backseat of her car. mom knew this gal was broke as fuck & was trying to help her out. well this woman was having none of that... stinky was very upset & didn't accept the sack of soap. the end

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    the names, times & dates from this story have been withheld

once upon a time i was in college working with whatever algebra tutor(s) were available at that given moment. so i had like 6 little geniuses that i studied with at the smart table. that was very cool. anyhow this chubby little guy shit his pants everyday. that is exactly how this young man smelled. not farts, nope. this was pure shit & in his pants. short round could do physics upside down & that is a fact. the end

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce