Options

Do You Think Deep Down, Americans Are Concerned That Donald Trump May Actually Win?

Comments

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I am American - Yes

mrussel1 said:

AHHAHHAHHAHAHHA are you guy's that blind or just scared of what could happen at the next election ?

Godfather.

my eyes are wide open, and i do not fear something that is not going to happen.

how are all of you trumpers going to feel when you wake up the day after the election, read the results, and witness the trouncing that is going to happen? will you admit that the dream is over?
    hellllll yes I'd admit it ! I much rather see Bernie in the white house than Hell'ary......come to think of it that's scary on either account but really I'd move forward and hope for the best from which ever candidate wins.....then come on the Train and talk shit about them LOL !!!

Godfather.

lol nice. i like talking trash about candidates.

serious question though. how can someone supporting trump prefer bernie over clinton? bernie is on the far left of the specturm, and is for a lot of things republicans oppose. clinton is much more moderate, and is even a foreign policy hawk, which republicans typically tend to be. how could someone swing the pendulum that far when the person they agree with and vote for does not win?
    she worries me, I believe would sell America for her own idea's and benefit, my gut tells me she has ulterior motive above the welfare of the American people's interest.

Godfather

You mean like she wants to use public office for personal gain? Like she thinks it will help her further her own brand, line of products? I'm thinking about Clinton U. Clinton Steaks, Clinton Water, Clinton Towers, those types of things. Do you think she might be using this presidential run as the ultimate in free marketing?
    Honestly I don't know....I'm going with my gut and that fact that she and her husband are deceivers.

Godfather.
    if it were Bernadette Sanders vs Henry Clinton for the nom, would your opinion change?
    BTW if we had two drag queens running for POTUS I'd vote neither....go ahead bring up the bigot thing LOL !!!!!

Godfather.

that was my exact point. I was wondering if you disliked Hillary so much because you don't think a woman would be fit for the highest office. just curious.
    no, I don't care that she's a woman or any woman who runs for POTUS, it's all good to me as long as they do their job.

Godfather.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632

mrussel1 said:

AHHAHHAHHAHAHHA are you guy's that blind or just scared of what could happen at the next election ?

Godfather.

how are all of you trumpers going to feel when you wake up the day after the election, read the results, and witness the trouncing that is going to happen? will you admit that the dream is over?
    hellllll yes I'd admit it ! I much rather see Bernie in the white house than Hell'ary......come to think of it that's scary on either account but really I'd move forward and hope for the best from which ever candidate wins.....then come on the Train and talk shit about them LOL !!!

Godfather.

serious question though. how can someone supporting trump prefer bernie over clinton? bernie is on the far left of the specturm, and is for a lot of things republicans oppose. clinton is much more moderate, and is even a foreign policy hawk, which republicans typically tend to be. how could someone swing the pendulum that far when the person they agree with and vote for does not win?
    she worries me, I believe would sell America for her own idea's and benefit, my gut tells me she has ulterior motive above the welfare of the American people's interest.

Godfather

You mean like she wants to use public office for personal gain? Like she thinks it will help her further her own brand, line of products? I'm thinking about Clinton U. Clinton Steaks, Clinton Water, Clinton Towers, those types of things. Do you think she might be using this presidential run as the ultimate in free marketing?
    Honestly I don't know....I'm going with my gut and that fact that she and her husband are deceivers.

Godfather.
    if it were Bernadette Sanders vs Henry Clinton for the nom, would your opinion change?
    BTW if we had two drag queens running for POTUS I'd vote neither....go ahead bring up the bigot thing LOL !!!!!

Godfather.

that was my exact point. I was wondering if you disliked Hillary so much because you don't think a woman would be fit for the highest office. just curious.
    no, I don't care that she's a woman or any woman who runs for POTUS, it's all good to me as long as they do their job.

Godfather.

Except cross dressers. They definitely cannot do the job.
  • Options
    I am American - Yes
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

it's hard to trust a man in a woman's dress, if a man has issues like that going into the white house I can't trust his judgment.
    but I'm sure you and many of the train crew feel differently.

Godfather.

• Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

it's hard to trust a man in a woman's dress, if a man has issues like that going into the white house I can't trust his judgment.

Godfather.

You don't know how the fuck I feel about it. I'm just asking because of your comment that seems to contradict it. Evidently cross dressing must be a mental illness.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    edited July 2016

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

It's only hard to trust someone if, well, you know.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    I am American - Yes
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

You don't know how the fuck I feel about it. I'm just asking because of your comment that seems to contradict it. Evidently cross dressing must be a mental illness.
    little testy today ?
    cross dressing does not necessarily mean mental illness but it could...and I say "COULD" be a sign of psychological issues or disorders and when we are talking about POTUS I'd rather not chance it, I'm not trying to offend you, just stating my opinion since it was brought up.

Godfather.

• Options
    I am American - Yes

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

no what ? are you a cross dresser ?
    like I said I'm not trying to offend anyone.

Godfather.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.
    I screwed that up. Should have said "it's only hard not to trust someone if you're not a, well, you know..
  • Options
    I am American - Yes

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.
    I screwed that up. Should have said "it's only hard not to trust someone if you're not a, well, you know..
    not a what ?

Godfather.

• Options

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

little testy today ?
    cross dressing does not necessarily mean mental illness but it could...and I say "COULD" be a sign of psychological issues or disorders and when we are talking about POTUS I'd rather not chance it, I'm not trying to offend you, just stating my opinion since it was brought up.

Godfather.

I just don't like when people try to tell me how I feel or what I should do. The 'train' is not a homogeneous group of thinkers. My opinions are my own. I have a terrific brain and I consult it often. It's my best adviser. Sometimes my terrific brain tells me I should spend more time with my huge hands, so I do that too.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    You're brain is a terrific brain and someone else's brain is a good brain.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    edited July 2016

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

little testy today ?

Godfather.

Which psychological issues or disorders are you referring to? In my opinion, someone with the confidence to broadcast his or her true colours even when closed-minded or ignorant people such as yourself will label them as mentally unfit to do significant jobs, is someone with far more conviction and self-assurance than I could ever hope to have.
    Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    I am American - Yes
    benjs said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

little testy today ?

Godfather.

Which psychological issues or disorders are you referring to? In my opinion, someone with the confidence to broadcast his or her true colours even when closed-minded or ignorant people such as yourself will label them as mentally unfit to do significant jobs, is someone with far more conviction and self-assurance than I could ever hope to have.
    if seeing the a man in a dress as representing odd behavior is close minded or ignorant then your right I am both close minded and ignorant and yes I don't trust their judgment in "significant jobs"
    but you say close minded and ignorant and I say being aware of my surroundings and adapted for survival in world of somewhat crazy people, do you wear a dress on occasion ? or do you just secretly have fantasies of men in dresses ?

also: we have enough nutty politician's in government and one more confused and possible psychologically challenged dress wearing male is not a safe bet in my opinion, don't you even see the possible issues with that ?

Godfather.

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Hey, I like women's shoes. :smile:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I like my wife's underwear.

on the floor.

I'm here all week. try the lobster. tip your server!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I am American - Yes

I like my wife's underwear.

on the floor.

I'm here all week. try the lobster. tip your server!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA !!!!!!!! well that and the shoes just put me out of business ! hahahhahahahhahahahahahahahaha

Godfather.

• Options

benjs said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

little testy today ?

Godfather.

if seeing the a man in a dress as representing odd behavior is close minded or ignorant then your right I am both close minded and ignorant and yes I don't trust their judgment in "significant jobs"
    but you say close minded and ignorant and I say being aware of my surroundings and adapted for survival in world of somewhat crazy people, do you wear a dress on occasion ? or do you just secretly have fantasies of men in dresses ?

also: we have enough nutty politician's in government and one more confused and possible psychologically challenged dress wearing male is not a safe bet in my opinion, don't you even see the possible issues with that ?

Godfather.

I can't say I necessarily disagree with GF on this one (only the point of voting for a transgendered person being POTUS-not the rest). Obviously, I have zero issue with anyone and what their orientation is or if they feel they are in the wrong body; however, people who are like this are often fraught with intense personal/mental/emotional turmoil. I don't believe that being confused about your sexuality is a mental illness, but someone who is emotionally unstable in any circumstance probably should not hold the most powerful position in the world.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    No

PJ_Soul said:

It should be concerning that Hillary may win only because her opponent is Trump not for merit.
    Hell even half of you admit that you will hate to vote for her.
    Wow.

It's hardly unheard of to have two bad options to choose from. Happens all the time in all kinds of elections all over the world. If this is only just becoming a concern now, you haven't been paying attention.
    Yeah. And when I gave an example exactly like this as a reason why I wouldn't vote for a certain office or bill, etc, people jumped all over me like I was the most stupid & evil person on the planet. (When you ONLY have two choices and both are against what you support or believe in).
    I will vote for a third party or write-in for POTUS. Thank goodness I have that option.
    I say vote for the best option anyhow. It's really mathematical thing. It's basically impossible for one candidate not to be better than the other is SOME way. Even if they both suck, one is ALWAYS somehow better. Vote for that one.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    No

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Hoover was a cross dresser (and possibly gay or bi), FYI. What are your feelings about Hoover?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I am American - Yes
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Hoover was a cross dresser (and possibly gay or bi), FYI. What are your feelings about Hoover?
    Dam it !..... a little before my time.

Godfather

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

I assume you mean J.Edgar Hoover, not Herbert Hoover, right?
  • Options
    No
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

:lol: Oops. I always thought that Herbert Hoover was the cross dresser! Well, anyway... the head of the FBI was a a cross dresser then. Whatever, lol. But either way, I figure the ultimate point is that cross dressers are perfectly capable of holding high powered positions and to have a problem with shit like that is petty as fuck.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

:lol: Oops. I always thought that Herbert Hoover was the cross dresser! Well, anyway... the head of the FBI was a a cross dresser then. Whatever, lol. But either way, I figure the ultimate point is that cross dressers are perfectly capable of holding high powered positions and to have a problem with shit like that is petty as fuck.
    I'm more impressed that a Canadian knows who the hell Herbert Hoover was. Most Americans don't. Anyway, perhaps he was a cross dresser too.

Either way, I don't think cross dressing is a disqualifying condition in any case. I mean, look at Klinger from MASH. He was a cross dresser and an excellent trauma surgeon.
  • Options
    No
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

I'm more impressed that a Canadian knows who the hell Herbert Hoover was. Most Americans don't. Anyway, perhaps he was a cross dresser too.

Either way, I don't think cross dressing is a disqualifying condition in any case. I mean, look at Klinger from MASH. He was a cross dresser and an excellent trauma surgeon.
    Lol, well actually, Klinger wasn't a surgeon, he was an adminitrator of some kind, but I hear what you're saying. ;) Honestly, we have no idea what kinds of unconventional lifestyles our leaders have unless they are open about them. I'm sure many politicians make personal lifestyle decisions that some of their supporters would very much disapprove of on "moral" grounds, if they knew about them. And there are undoubtedly some who are in the closet. That proves that such things are completely irrelevant to how well or how badly they do their jobs.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Lol, well actually, Klinger wasn't a surgeon, he was an adminitrator of some kind, but I hear what you're saying. ;) Honestly, we have no idea what kinds of unconventional lifestyles our leaders have unless they are open about them. I'm sure many politicians make personal lifestyle decisions that some of their supporters would very much disapprove of on "moral" grounds, if they knew about them. And there are undoubtedly some who are in the closet. That proves that such things are completely irrelevant to how well or how badly they do their jobs.
    Dammit... I didn't watch much MASH, my parents did though. And yes, agree with everything you say.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

the irony here too is that the only reason Klinger dressed as a woman was in hopes he'd get dishonourably discharged from the army.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    I am American - No
    A year ago, few imagined Donald Trump as a headline speaker at the Republican National Convention -- let alone as its star.
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/trump-set-to-complete-improbable-rise-at-gop-convention-1.2990227

edit - my vote answer is completely wrong and I can't change it.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Picking an extremely anti LGBT running mate after the Orlando tragedy is the final straw. Meet the new Sarah Palin.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

there was a time when men did wear dresses. sure they called them tunics and togas and whatnot... but we all know they were dresses. ;)

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,736

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

there was a time when men did wear dresses. sure they called them tunics and togas and whatnot... but we all know they were dresses. ;)

Dress, or even a slip. Why not? The guy in "The Quiet Earth" was pretty cool looking in a slip.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.