Do You Think Deep Down, Americans Are Concerned That Donald Trump May Actually Win?

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited May 2016
    benjs said:

Do we honestly know anything about Donald Trump's policies? I know that he's a sensationalist who says what he needs to elevate his visibility, subscribing to the "no press is bad press" mentality. Given that he is told that things he's promoting aren't constitutional, and that he knows he can't change the Constitution and still pursues them, I can only assume that his motive in pursuing them is only to win votes. If his sole objective in promoting policies he knows can't actually be implemented is to win votes, then he hasn't shown his true position on policies yet. That's an absolutely terrifying thought. I'm truly hoping Bernie wins as an independent, since due to the Superdelegate system set up on the Democratic side, regrettably, the primaries are already clearly rigged to favour Hillary.

no. all we know is that he is going to be "yuge".
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I am American - Yes

I would have to agree that the bankruptcy arguments are kinda weak. I mean, any hugely successful person is going to have a lot of failures in their wake. that's how success is achieved, by learning from your mistakes and not repeating them.

Yes, his father loaned him 1 million back in the day. and he turned that into hundreds of millions. not many people can do that.

If he does any damage economically, it will be from overspending on the military to bomb the shit out of the Middle East. And keeping all the brown people out. And all the taco bowls he's going to eat to try to win over Hispanics.

I just think he will do irreversible damage to global relations.

that has been a concern( I just think he will do irreversible damage to global relations) of mine as well and that's why I hope he listens to his Generals ..if elected.

Godfather.

it's not just about military conflict, though. it's about political engagement with other countries. he may or may not be a complete disaster on that front. he's brash, egotistical, and has a god complex. you can't be that way with other diplomats. it won't get you anything on the global field.
    totally agree.

Godfather.

• IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• cydoniacydonia Denbighshire, North Wales , UK Posts: 456
    Yes
    Over in the UK through 'controlled' media it looks like trump vs Clinton , with candidates pulling out, why don't the Green Party get any exposure. I remember bush vs Kerry back in the day, both members of skull & bones and thought is there really a choice, who are the puppet masters? So when I watch the BBC it's 50/50, either way it's scary....who would I vote if a us citizen, don't know...not Trump that's for sure.....
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    I am American - No
    I am more concerned about NeoCon Hillary winning
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV_PLCC6jeI
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    I am American - No

Me, too.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

Hillary is Dubya part 2 and Trump is Cheney part 2. We're all FUBAR no matter what.
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

HAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHHA ! THIS IS JUST GREAT ! the Trump Train is rolling at full steam, you guys are the same folks who voted for Obama and support Hell'ary Clinton ...talk about two misguided people in the white house, you all need to just watch and pay attention he may turn things around and if he does not then after 4 to 8 years we get a new one, after barley surviving the Obama fiasco how could thing's get worse ? I'll bet that Trump could get this country out of debt at the very least, if he does that he'll have accomplished more than Obama did.

Godfather.

Trump's historic strategy of getting out of debt is by declaring bankruptcy...can't do that with a country.
    ....ummmmm Bankruptcy ? and yet still able to spend $45mil. of his own money to run for President ? I'd like to have his money during his Bankruptcy day's, do you have any idea how many large corp's have filed for bankruptcy ? I'll bet you could bring up a heck of a list off the trusty interweb. just say'n that the "bankruptcy" comment that keeps coming up is a weak argument compared to his accomplishments, when was the last time you saw a candidate fund himself and fly to his rallies in his own private jet ?

but.....all that being said I believe that any candidate running for President should have Military experience but in this election that just seems impossible epically with the list of burn-outs and criminals we have to choose from so if Trump is elected I sure hope he has the common sense to listen to his military staff...it's quite obvious that Obama lacked that common sense.

Godfather.

There is a reason the founding fathers set it up that a civilian was to be commander and chief.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    I am American - No

Hillary is Dubya part 2 and Trump is Cheney part 2. We're all FUBAR no matter what.
    fortunately Canada is not far from Seattle, so I won't have far to move, just have to find a single Canadian lady, lol
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Free said:

Me, too.
    Yep, same here, for sure.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

fortunately Canada is not far from Seattle, so I won't have far to move, just have to find a single Canadian lady, lol
    You keep your hands off Rachel McAdams. :heart: She's mine!

Seriously, she's been my actress crush numero uno for 11 years.
    I am American - No

You keep your hands off Rachel McAdams. :heart: She's mine!

Seriously, she's been my actress crush numero uno for 11 years.
    I know what you mean, she makes The Notebook a must watch for me
    edited May 2016
    I am American - Yes

HAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHHA ! THIS IS JUST GREAT ! the Trump Train is rolling at full steam, you guys are the same folks who voted for Obama and support Hell'ary Clinton ...talk about two misguided people in the white house, you all need to just watch and pay attention he may turn things around and if he does not then after 4 to 8 years we get a new one, after barley surviving the Obama fiasco how could thing's get worse ? I'll bet that Trump could get this country out of debt at the very least, if he does that he'll have accomplished more than Obama did.

Godfather.

Trump's historic strategy of getting out of debt is by declaring bankruptcy...can't do that with a country.
    ....ummmmm Bankruptcy ? and yet still able to spend $45mil. of his own money to run for President ? I'd like to have his money during his Bankruptcy day's, do you have any idea how many large corp's have filed for bankruptcy ? I'll bet you could bring up a heck of a list off the trusty interweb. just say'n that the "bankruptcy" comment that keeps coming up is a weak argument compared to his accomplishments, when was the last time you saw a candidate fund himself and fly to his rallies in his own private jet ?

but.....all that being said I believe that any candidate running for President should have Military experience but in this election that just seems impossible epically with the list of burn-outs and criminals we have to choose from so if Trump is elected I sure hope he has the common sense to listen to his military staff...it's quite obvious that Obama lacked that common sense.

Godfather.

There is a reason the founding fathers set it up that a civilian was to be commander and chief.
    funny how the founding fathers have a little creditability when it suites certain topics and zero when it comes to others but that aside I believe military experience(does not have to be active military) is crucial when it comes to defending our country.

Godfather.

Post edited by Godfather. on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

Godfather.

Godfather.

funny how the founding fathers have a little creditability when it suites certain topics and zero when it comes to others but that aside I believe military experience(does not have to be active military) is crucial when it comes to defending our country.

Godfather.

I would argue it would be detrimental to have a former military guy in the highest office. that's how you create a police state. the Prez needs to be a leader with the ability to problem solve and surround himself with good decision makers. like any manager of a group, you don't need to know everything, you need to surround yourself with those that are experts in their field.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I am American - Yes

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

I would argue it would be detrimental to have a former military guy in the highest office. that's how you create a police state. the Prez needs to be a leader with the ability to problem solve and surround himself with good decision makers. like any manager of a group, you don't need to know everything, you need to surround yourself with those that are experts in their field.

hard to disagree with that, although I don't believe it would be detrimental...but could be.
    you've made a good argument and damn I'll have to agree with your idea.

Godfather.

I am American - Yes
    back to the original question: apparently so.

Godfather.
  • I am American - No
    Well it's time for this bump to see different opinions.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

We've had several generals as POTUS, from several parties. While their success varied, none showed a proclivity for the police state. And if you track anyone with military experience, my guess is 30 % or more served.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    I am American - No
    at this point, why would we be concerned? have you seen the polls? clinton has a yuge lead. the biggest lead ever. trump is going to lose in a yuge, beautiful, landslide.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    I am American - No

at this point, why would we be concerned? have you seen the polls? clinton has a yuge lead. the biggest lead ever. trump is going to lose in a yuge, beautiful, landslide.

Or give it up.
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Free said:

Or give it up.
    I think he doesn't accept the nomination.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    No

Free said:

Or give it up.
    Now that would be interesting, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I am American - No

Free said:

Or give it up.
    :wink:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    His got a giant ego there is no way he dropps out or doesn't accept the nod id rather see him go for it take a beating like a man ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    No
    No, of course he wouldn't decline the nomination, lol. Not unless he really has completely lost his mind.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I am American - Yes
    ughhhhhhhhhh.....Trump will not win, I just wish Hell'ary would not but sadly I think that douche will pull it off...... she could fix the world series.......

but seriously what would be the set backs of her being president ?

Godfather.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

ughhhhhhhhhh.....Trump will not win, I just wish Hell'ary would not but sadly I think that douche will pull it off...... she could fix the world series.......

Godfather.

Not much. The world will continue to 'progress'... You can't stop the world, you try to harness and manage it the best you can. A global economy is the future. Brexit won't stop it, although it may slow down the UK and create a recession for them. But we are more integrated than ever, and that's not changing. Isolationism is more dead today than it was in 1914.
    I am American - Yes
    mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Not much. The world will continue to 'progress'... You can't stop the world, you try to harness and manage it the best you can. A global economy is the future. Brexit won't stop it, although it may slow down the UK and create a recession for them. But we are more integrated than ever, and that's not changing. Isolationism is more dead today than it was in 1914.
    true enough, it's just the thought of liar and thief (aren't they all) laughing at the very people she pretends to serve.

Godfather

• I am American - No
    It should be concerning that Hillary may win only because her opponent is Trump not for merit.
    Hell even half of you admit that you will hate to vote for her.
    Wow.
    No

It should be concerning that Hillary may win only because her opponent is Trump not for merit.
    Hell even half of you admit that you will hate to vote for her.
    Wow.

It's hardly unheard of to have two bad options to choose from. Happens all the time in all kinds of elections all over the world. If this is only just becoming a concern now, you haven't been paying attention.