Options

Do You Think Deep Down, Americans Are Concerned That Donald Trump May Actually Win?

Comments

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I am American - Yes

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

AHHAHHAHHAHAHHA are you guy's that blind or just scared of what could happen at the next election ?

Godfather.

my eyes are wide open, and i do not fear something that is not going to happen.

how are all of you trumpers going to feel when you wake up the day after the election, read the results, and witness the trouncing that is going to happen? will you admit that the dream is over?
    hellllll yes I'd admit it ! I much rather see Bernie in the white house than Hell'ary......come to think of it that's scary on either account but really I'd move forward and hope for the best from which ever candidate wins.....then come on the Train and talk shit about them LOL !!!

Godfather.

lol nice. i like talking trash about candidates.

serious question though. how can someone supporting trump prefer bernie over clinton? bernie is on the far left of the specturm, and is for a lot of things republicans oppose. clinton is much more moderate, and is even a foreign policy hawk, which republicans typically tend to be. how could someone swing the pendulum that far when the person they agree with and vote for does not win?
    she worries me, I believe would sell America for her own idea's and benefit, my gut tells me she has ulterior motive above the welfare of the American people's interest.

Godfather

You mean like she wants to use public office for personal gain? Like she thinks it will help her further her own brand, line of products? I'm thinking about Clinton U. Clinton Steaks, Clinton Water, Clinton Towers, those types of things. Do you think she might be using this presidential run as the ultimate in free marketing?
    Honestly I don't know....I'm going with my gut and that fact that she and her husband are deceivers.

Godfather.
    if it were Bernadette Sanders vs Henry Clinton for the nom, would your opinion change?
    BTW if we had two drag queens running for POTUS I'd vote neither....go ahead bring up the bigot thing LOL !!!!!

Godfather.

that was my exact point. I was wondering if you disliked Hillary so much because you don't think a woman would be fit for the highest office. just curious.
    no, I don't care that she's a woman or any woman who runs for POTUS, it's all good to me as long as they do their job.

Godfather.

Except cross dressers. They definitely cannot do the job.
    it's hard to trust a man in a woman's dress, if a man has issues like that going into the white house I can't trust his judgment.
    but I'm sure you and many of the train crew feel differently.

Godfather.

there was a time when men did wear dresses. sure they called them tunics and togas and whatnot... but we all know they were dresses. ;)

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH....who didn't go to a Toga party in the 80's ?

Godfather.

• Options
    mattsl1983mattsl1983 Posts: 711
    The idea of dumbing down is sold to you by whatever party you subscribe to and the hate and anger that fuels the divide that the major media outlets jockey over for add space. Don't buy into it. No matter how much smarter you think you are, you aren't smart
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

The idea of dumbing down is sold to you by whatever party you subscribe to and the hate and anger that fuels the divide that the major media outlets jockey over for add space. Don't buy into it. No matter how much smarter you think you are, you aren't smart

So you're obviously the smartest guy in the room. Please tell us why we should vote for trump without mentioning Hilary clinton.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    mattsl1983mattsl1983 Posts: 711

So you're obviously the smartest guy in the room. Please tell us why we should vote for trump without mentioning Hilary clinton.
    I didn't say to vote for either. But you automatically got hostile and picked a side. Not going to say smartest in the room, but I've got a feeling my spoon might be a little sharper than yours :)
  • Options
    I am American - Yes
    poitic's are a

I didn't say to vote for either. But you automatically got hostile and picked a side. Not going to say smartest in the room, but I've got a feeling my spoon might be a little sharper than yours :)
    hahahahahahhhahaha I love this place ! but I have to ask....what or how do we determine to be "smart" ?

Godfather.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,736

And yet several of your post (the ones I read here and elsewhere on AMT) are full of anger, Matts. Why would you accuse others of their anger with anger?

As for all Trump supporters being dumb, no they're not all dumb. Some are just angry about the current administration and are voting out of protest. I finally just yesterday discovered that there is someone I personally know who supports Trump. He's not dumb, he just feels disenfranchised- enough so to support a candidate who is completely unqualified for the job. And I think he knows Trump is unqualified and he doesn't care about that. He's just reacting. Sometimes smart people over-react or make decisions that are not really in there own best interest.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I am American - No

A none stupid pro Hilary, a none stupid pro trump. An actual real, you aren't that smarter or more educated or whatever step stool you choose to use to speak down.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    I am American - No
    Stop the personal comments at each other. Discuss and debate the topic, not each other, thank you. Posting Guidelines are stickied on the Porch.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    No
    brianlux said:

And yet several of your post (the ones I read here and elsewhere on AMT) are full of anger, Matts. Why would you accuse others of their anger with anger?

As for all Trump supporters being dumb, no they're not all dumb. Some are just angry about the current administration and are voting out of protest. I finally just yesterday discovered that there is someone I personally know who supports Trump. He's not dumb, he just feels disenfranchised- enough so to support a candidate who is completely unqualified for the job. And I think he knows Trump is unqualified and he doesn't care about that. He's just reacting. Sometimes smart people over-react or make decisions that are not really in there own best interest.
    Weeellllll... not all Trump voters will simply be dumb I guess, but it will still be a pretty idiotic thing to do IMO. If they're not dumb, they are at least doing something dumb.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637
    Trying to define smart and/or dumb in an internet discussion tends to lead to a circular path that goes no where, but Trump supporters tend to be less educated, so take that for what it's worth. I find the Trump voters who can string together thoughts go through a similar process of minimization and rationalization of what he says and what's in his proposals. Basically that he doesn't really mean what he often says, because he's just so spontaneous and not a politician. They also conclude that even some of his stuff is nutso, but our country's system of checks and balances will keep him in line.
  • Options

Which side did I pick? It's funny that you assume that I'm a Clinton supporter. I simply asked what makes trump a better choice without mentioning Hilary clinton . Certainly a person of your intelligence can come up with 1 redeeming quality.
  • Options
    I am American - No
    Well since the Trump thread filled up with 3pages of nothing but babble I will put this here too.

I'm surprised Trumps' people haven't dug this up yet.
    Please turn your attention to these two links
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-19/did-michelle-obama-also-borrow-her-2008-speech

“...is based upon the application of certain basic truths: that integrity is all important, that your word is your bond, that if you owe a person money you pay him back, that you work hard, enjoy what you do and show a loyalty to those with whom you work and do business. He instilled in me simple, clear cut values and a will to succeed"

and
    Michelle Obamas plagiarized paragraph from pg91 of this book.

• Options

Well since the Trump thread filled up with 3pages of nothing but babble I will put this here too.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-19/did-michelle-obama-also-borrow-her-2008-speech

“...is based upon the application of certain basic truths: that integrity is all important, that your word is your bond, that if you owe a person money you pay him back, that you work hard, enjoy what you do and show a loyalty to those with whom you work and do business. He instilled in me simple, clear cut values and a will to succeed"

and

That could be the most ______________ thing I've ever seen you post. Your trolling skills are not _______________ .

Just fill in the blanks with whatever you want.
  • Options
    I am American - No

and

That could be the most ______________ thing I've ever seen you post. Your trolling skills are not _______________ .

Just fill in the blanks with whatever you want.
    perfect
    quite as good as mine
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

AHHAHHAHHAHAHHA are you guy's that blind or just scared of what could happen at the next election ?

Godfather.

how are all of you trumpers going to feel when you wake up the day after the election, read the results, and witness the trouncing that is going to happen? will you admit that the dream is over?
    hellllll yes I'd admit it ! I much rather see Bernie in the white house than Hell'ary......come to think of it that's scary on either account but really I'd move forward and hope for the best from which ever candidate wins.....then come on the Train and talk shit about them LOL !!!

Godfather.

serious question though. how can someone supporting trump prefer bernie over clinton? bernie is on the far left of the specturm, and is for a lot of things republicans oppose. clinton is much more moderate, and is even a foreign policy hawk, which republicans typically tend to be. how could someone swing the pendulum that far when the person they agree with and vote for does not win?
    she worries me, I believe would sell America for her own idea's and benefit, my gut tells me she has ulterior motive above the welfare of the American people's interest.

Godfather

You mean like she wants to use public office for personal gain? Like she thinks it will help her further her own brand, line of products? I'm thinking about Clinton U. Clinton Steaks, Clinton Water, Clinton Towers, those types of things. Do you think she might be using this presidential run as the ultimate in free marketing?
    Honestly I don't know....I'm going with my gut and that fact that she and her husband are deceivers.

Godfather.
    if it were Bernadette Sanders vs Henry Clinton for the nom, would your opinion change?
    BTW if we had two drag queens running for POTUS I'd vote neither....go ahead bring up the bigot thing LOL !!!!!

Godfather.

that was my exact point. I was wondering if you disliked Hillary so much because you don't think a woman would be fit for the highest office. just curious.
    no, I don't care that she's a woman or any woman who runs for POTUS, it's all good to me as long as they do their job.

Godfather.

it's hard to trust a man in a woman's dress, if a man has issues like that going into the white house I can't trust his judgment.

Godfather.

there was a time when men did wear dresses. sure they called them tunics and togas and whatnot... but we all know they were dresses. ;)

Godfather.

was thinking a little further back than the 80s GF. ;):)

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    edited July 2016
    PJF... Your word is your bond is a common phrase. The adjective 'hard' in front of work is as common as saying 'long' in front of 'day'. So no, Michelle's was not. Using an adjective and noun together does not equal plagiarism on its own.

Melanie's problem is that It was essentially two complete sentences that has created the firestorm. And if it wasn't plagiarism, then why did her speechwriter apologize?
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    I am American - No
    ^^^
    Her speechwriter?
  • Options
    Keep up... They deny plagiarism and then throw this girl to the wolves. http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/trump-staffer-melania-speech-meredith-mciver-225878?lo=ap_b1
  • Options
    I am American - No
    mrussel1 said:

Keep up... They deny plagiarism and then throw this girl to the wolves.

Keep up?
    I haven't heard your opinion about Michelle Obama and her plagiarizing.

• Options
    I just told you above. No it isn't. Read what I said.
  • Options
    I'm editing above for clarity.
  • Options
    I am American - No
    mrussel1 said:

I'm editing above for clarity.

The thing I love about Trump is that even though his quotes get messed up the message gets through.
  • Options
    Okay... Whatever you think, so long as you stop trying to draw false equivalency between the two speeches.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    I am American - No
    mrussel1 said:

Okay... Whatever you think, so long as you stop trying to draw false equivalency between the two speeches.

I know that you want a real conservative to debate but could you at least answer did Michelle Obama plagiarize parts of her speech?
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,736
    I think Michelle and Melania both plagiarized Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven"- not only the lyrics but also read their speeches in a similar meter as the song and which were both reminiscent of melody of the song's intro.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    brianlux said:

I think Michelle and Melania both plagiarized Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven"- not only the lyrics but also read their speeches in a similar meter as the song and which were both reminiscent of melody of the song's intro.

It's absolutely acceptable to rip off led Zeppelin... After all they ripped off American bluesmen. ;)

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I am American - Yes

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

was thinking a little further back than the 80s GF. ;):)

I refuse to give up any more information on the grounds that it may incriminate me.....LOL !!!!!

Godfather.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    I am American - Yes

brianlux said:

It's absolutely acceptable to rip off led Zeppelin... After all they ripped off American bluesmen. ;)

the first form written and recorded music was Classical music, but the black man had the blues and the guitar man got famous.......inspiration goes back a long way but nobody did it like Howlin Wolf or (one of my personal favorites) Bo Diddley. Rock N Roll is a creation from the blues but in my opinion it's not the blues..the Rolling Stones are credited as being one of the great blues bands but to me it's Rock N Roll heck Bo Diddley is Rock N Roll if you want to hear the blues....real blues you have to go back a little further and listen to the masters of Blues Music.

Godfather.

Post edited by Godfather. on
  • Options
    edited July 2016

brianlux said:

the first form written and recorded music was Classical music, but the black man had the blues and the guitar man got famous.......inspiration goes back a long way but nobody did it Howlin Wolf or (one of my personal favorites) Bo Diddley. Rock N Roll is a creation from the blues but in my opinion it's not the blues..the Rolling Stones are credited as being one of the great blues bands but to me it's Rock N Roll heck Bo Diddley is Rock N Roll if you want to hear the blues....real blues you have to go back a little further and listen to the masters of Blues Music.

Godfather.

Now you're plagarizing Bon Scott. When will the madness end?
  • Options
    I am American - Yes
    mrussel1 said:

brianlux said:

the first form written and recorded music was Classical music, but the black man had the blues and the guitar man got famous.......inspiration goes back a long way but nobody did it Howlin Wolf or (one of my personal favorites) Bo Diddley. Rock N Roll is a creation from the blues but in my opinion it's not the blues..the Rolling Stones are credited as being one of the great blues bands but to me it's Rock N Roll heck Bo Diddley is Rock N Roll if you want to hear the blues....real blues you have to go back a little further and listen to the masters of Blues Music.

Godfather.

Now you're plagarizing Bon Scott. When will the madness end?
    nice catch ! LET THERE BE ROCK !

Godfather.