Options

Supreme Court Same Sex Marriage Legal Nationwide

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited July 2015

well hang on a sec there, godfather did say he didn't care who people slept with as long as they didn't involve him. I think that falls under live and let live. if he says that he would go out and vote against gay marriage, then yeah that would fall closer to, do what I say or else. so how bout it godfather, if you were able to vote on it in your town, would you ignore it with a they can do what they want attitude or would you vote making it illegal? for what it's worth, I respect your views and admire that you're willing to speak even though you know it's against popular opinion. i'm not trying to pick on you at all if that's what it's coming across as.

me personally I would vote aginst it, how you or anybody else votes is totally up to you.
    this falls in line with the city clerks who refuse to marry same sex couples because of thier beliefs
    and aperently they have that right to not do so.

Godfather.

That is not living and letting live. That is active opposition to the rights of others, even though those rights have zero impact on your own rights.
    If you truly disagreed but wanted to live and let live you wouldn't vote at all.
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

rgambs said:

rollings said:

PJ_Soul said:

ehhh I think congratulate is a bit of a stretch. there wasn't a single exclamation point, woohoo or way to go godfather!!. I think people can believe whatever the hell they want to and should be allowed to express their beliefs, even if they are the complete opposite of mine.

Haha, that's true, you didn't give three cheers or anything. ;)

I also believe in freedom of speech.... so I am exercising mine in reaction to GF, who of course can believe and express whatever he wants. I never suggested otherwise. That doesn't mean I can't criticize it.
    Criticize all you want...Go for it!!

But Im thinking you telling him...To go fuck himself?????

Yeah...
    That one is going to go over REAL WELL with the mods.....
    plus it would make him GAY

And in due time....
    The Supreme Court will soon allow Godfather to marry himself!
    Oh boy not that tired old argument... Reality is calling, will you accept the charges?
    Hey, no worries, I accept the fact that GM is a reality.

I was just having a little fun with the whole "Go Fuck Yourself" statement.

Have no worries, I don't see the Supreme Court allowing Godfather to marry himself..Or Godfather to marry a chimpanzee.

speedy your so creative is that trate from your mother or your father ?.....just because your here to make such funny jokes I'll assume you had both at one time or another...I'll let you in on a little secrete...it takes a man and a woman to reproduce, why is that ?

Godfather.

I believe Speedy is on your side here GF.
    That's also a hilariously weak argument. You are suggesting that marriage is for procreation only... I am sure you haven't thought about where that leads, or you wouldn't have posted such a slackjawed, birdbrained argument. Then again, you did post that old classic, "It's Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve" lol

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

rollings said:

PJ_Soul said:

ehhh I think congratulate is a bit of a stretch. there wasn't a single exclamation point, woohoo or way to go godfather!!. I think people can believe whatever the hell they want to and should be allowed to express their beliefs, even if they are the complete opposite of mine.

I also believe in freedom of speech.... so I am exercising mine in reaction to GF, who of course can believe and express whatever he wants. I never suggested otherwise. That doesn't mean I can't criticize it.

Yeah...

And in due time....
    Oh boy not that tired old argument... Reality is calling, will you accept the charges?

Have no worries, I don't see the Supreme Court allowing Godfather to marry himself..Or Godfather to marry a chimpanzee.

speedy your so creative is that trate from your mother or your father ?.....just because your here to make such funny jokes I'll assume you had both at one time or another...I'll let you in on a little secrete...it takes a man and a woman to reproduce, why is that ?

Godfather.

That's also a hilariously weak argument. You are suggesting that marriage is for procreation only... I am sure you haven't thought about where that leads, or you wouldn't have posted such a slackjawed, birdbrained argument. Then again, you did post that old classic, "It's Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve" lol

sorry, I've been reading all this and lost track speedy.slackjawed, bird brained argument ? I ain't the one who believes in same sex marrieage I'm just posting my opinion as is everybody else and I really don't care what everybody else believes, but so far I've been told to go fuck myself...(now that's safe sex) and attacked with comments on my personal belifes so that makes me wonder if that's what people resort to to justify thier argument for G/M maybe I have struck a nerve in people that might have them doubting themselfs, why would somebe angry if they thought what they stated they was right ? unless they really don't know for sure what they are saying.

Godfather.

• Options
    HAHHAHHHA a penny saved is a penny earned, don't you find it currious that words can create anger ? we all fall for it especially on the interweb and on topics with more than one opinion some folks just get all bunched up inside...so who has won ? did anybody lose and argument ? or did we let emotions get the best of us ? if I could reall go fuck myself I'd be in the movie business LOL !!!!!

Godfather.
  • Options
    BTW I truley hope nobody gets banned because of this topic and comments made.

Godfather.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited July 2015
    I was 100% joking with ya GF? I do not wish for you to F yourself!
  • Options

I was 100% joking with ya GF? I do not wish for you to F yourself!

LOL!! it's cool man I didn't think you were serious I took it jokingly as well.

Godfather.

• Options

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

rollings said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah...

And in due time....

Godfather.

sorry, I've been reading all this and lost track speedy.slackjawed, bird brained argument ? I ain't the one who believes in same sex marrieage I'm just posting my opinion as is everybody else and I really don't care what everybody else believes, but so far I've been told to go fuck myself...(now that's safe sex) and attacked with comments on my personal belifes so that makes me wonder if that's what people resort to to justify thier argument for G/M maybe I have struck a nerve in people that might have them doubting themselfs, why would somebe angry if they thought what they stated they was right ? unless they really don't know for sure what they are saying.

Godfather.

So if a referendum came out that was seeking to ban all religious worship it wouldn't strike a nerve with you? You wouldn't be ppissed? And if you were pissed would it be because you weren't sure if you were right? That logic makes no sense.
    People get angry when they and their brethren are discriminated against, and that is what you are seeking to do.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

rollings said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah...

And in due time....

Godfather.

Godfather.

So if a referendum came out that was seeking to ban all religious worship it wouldn't strike a nerve with you? You wouldn't be ppissed? And if you were pissed would it be because you weren't sure if you were right? That logic makes no sense.
    People get angry when they and their brethren are discriminated against, and that is what you are seeking to do.
    well....so far obama has been elected -no name calling on my part( that I can remember)-my faith has been questioned-no name calling on my part I don't believe I've told anybody they were bat shit crazy, told them to fuck them selves or things like that, if all those things are the part of anger that comes along with debate here on the train nobody has sent me the memo....but I will admit all these things do make for good heated discussion,the only question is can others handle it well enough to carry on a good debate.

side note: while obama has been perz race relations have hit distraserous lows, other countries are laughing at him and us even saying he is not a good leader........but he is the president for what it's worth.

Godfather.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,358
    GF, it comes down to this. People OF and WITHOUT faith apply to a State for a marriage license, involving that State in the union between two people. Some claim marriage is a religious institution and ONLY a religious institution, I can understand that argument but not agree. BUT for the State to require such a license and call it a Marriage License , that then means they MUST provide same for those who apply within the bounds of the law , i.e. between two legally consenting adults.Legally speaking , at its heart, marriage is a binding contract between two parties creating obligations and also privileges. To deny is to violate the 14th amendment , which provides fro equal protection under the law.

So the two options that I can see are for a State to rename such a legally binding document OR deny such to all and thereby remove all rights responsibilities and privileges that such a legal union offers under the laws of various jurisdictions.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I see your point, here's a funny thought, when a man and woman live together as a couple in the same house for X number of years they by law are bound by laws in calif like they were married and I wonder if these same laws will apply to same sex couples ? or do they already ?

Godfather.
  • Options

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

rollings said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah...

And in due time....

Godfather.

Godfather.

well....so far obama has been elected -no name calling on my part( that I can remember)-my faith has been questioned-no name calling on my part I don't believe I've told anybody they were bat shit crazy, told them to fuck them selves or things like that, if all those things are the part of anger that comes along with debate here on the train nobody has sent me the memo....but I will admit all these things do make for good heated discussion,the only question is can others handle it well enough to carry on a good debate.

side note: while obama has been perz race relations have hit distraserous lows, other countries are laughing at him and us even saying he is not a good leader........but he is the president for what it's worth.

Godfather.

In neither of those cases were your rights infringed upon.
  • Options
    by the way I thought marrieage laws were state controled ?

Godfather.
  • Options

I see your point, here's a funny thought, when a man and woman live together as a couple in the same house for X number of years they by law are bound by laws in calif like they were married and I wonder if these same laws will apply to same sex couples ? or do they already ?

Godfather.

common law marriage But I think there are some hoops to jump through to make that a leagl established union. Individual state decision. Used to recognize here in Ohio. No longer to my knowledge.

But I defy you to find a state or county that doesnt require a marriage license.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752

yeah ! who was it told me to go fuck myself ? hahhahhahhahhaha wish I had a penny for every time I've heard that ! usally if a person stands up for what they believe it's real likely someone will dig those words out of thier ass to sling around because...really...thats all they have at the end of the day and they're not man enough to use anything but thier mouth...

Godfather.

I didn't tell you to go fuck yourself.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    great ! we can be buddies then, thanks buddy !

Godfather.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

by the way I thought marrieage laws were state controled ?

Godfather.

Discrimination goes to national level.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    I believe that every human on this planet should have the right to marry who ever they want in any kind of ceremony the couples chooses to do so !!!!!! Fucking period ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,847
    I'll bet if conservatives were told they no longer had to pay taxes to support welfare if they publicly supported gay marriage then they would be out in numbers celebrating gay marriage.
  • Options
    another thought...what about the seperation of Church and state ? I've seen so many people on the train complain that Churches should pay taxes and they shouldn't be involved in any business concerning state and federal business but now most of you are all gitty and beside yourselfs with joy that the courts have given the green light for G/M.

Godfather.
  • Options

I believe that every human on this planet should have the right to marry who ever they want in any kind of ceremony the couples chooses to do so !!!!!! Fucking period ...

whaoooo Jose ! get down with your bad self brother !
    and don't let my opinion of G/M ruin your day or get you upset, I'm pretty sure my opinion has no baring on what you believe or the disission made by the court..
    I can't change your mind and you can't change mine and I'm good with that, no hard feelings here.

Godfather.

• Options

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

rollings said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah...

And in due time....

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

In neither of those cases were your rights infringed upon.

another thought...what about the seperation of Church and state ? I've seen so many people on the train complain that Churches should pay taxes and they shouldn't be involved in any business concerning state and federal business but now most of you are all gitty and beside yourselfs with joy that the courts have given the green light for G/M.

Godfather.

???? I don't get it?
    This is a huge win for supporters of separation of church and state.
    The church was just pushed out of having power over people by legislating marital morality.
  • Options
    ummmm yeah I see, I've always believed and still do that a marrieage was union preformed before God, to me if you are not married in the eyes of God the true meaning of marrieage has not been completed.

Godfather.
  • Options

ummmm yeah I see, I've always believed and still do that a marrieage was union preformed before God, to me if you are not married in the eyes of God the true meaning of marrieage has not been completed.

Godfather.

Marriage in the Catholic church is a sacrament, yes. But marriage can happen without being a sacrament.
  • Options
    eddiec said:

Godfather.

Marriage in the Catholic church is a sacrament, yes. But marriage can happen without being a sacrament.
    I just read read about that, interesting read on the history of marriage in wiki.

Godfather.

• Options
    Am torn on Christian photographer being forced to shoot gay marriage. They are in it. Setting up poses, getting couple to smile.

Baking a cake eh. Catering eh. But maybe there is a line?

Thoughts?

10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

Am torn on Christian photographer being forced to shoot gay marriage. They are in it. Setting up poses, getting couple to smile.

Thoughts?

Don't you have to hire a photographer?

• Options
    @godfather, you hit the nail on the head when you said "I've always believed and still do", those are YOUR beliefs. the problem comes in when you try to force others to believe what you do. by your own admission you said you would vote against GM, which means you're trying to force your beliefs on others. that's bull shit man. what's ironic is that if a muslim person started saying how the Quran says we should do whatever and this is what Allah wants us to do blah blah blah so we need to all do it......you would be the loudest critic of that(based on my interpretations of your previous posts about muslims and islam and what not). so it really begs the question, why is it ok for you to try and shove your beliefs down my throat, but it's not ok for anyone else? other than the obvious because i'm a Christian and they're muslim.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options

Godfather.

Again the states have asserted themselves thereby making marriage a civil legal matter.

HOW a ceremony is performed though would be along religious belief or lack there of.

Part of your argument that is unsaid is if I am not religious then I cant get married "under god"

• Options
    eddiec said:

callen said:

Thoughts?

Don't you have to hire a photographer?

Don't understand your question.