Options

Supreme Court Same Sex Marriage Legal Nationwide

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,135
    Ok this is what I get for not keeping up with the news lately.

I saw this image yesterday of The White House and my thought was that somebody photoshopped the image to make the TWH look like that. Well a friend at work told me they really made TWH colored up in the Pride colors. How awesome was that, I wonder who ordered them to color TWH like that?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Texas Attorney General is saying county clerks can refuse to issue marriage licenses to same sex couples if they have a religious disagreement.
    What a crock of shit.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    rgambs said:

Texas Attorney General is saying county clerks can refuse to issue marriage licenses to same sex couples if they have a religious disagreement.
    What a crock of shit.

Yep, Kentucky county clerks are defying the governors' order to issue marriage licenses. Bunch of fucktards.....wave3.com/story/29437160/some-kentucky-county-clerks-defy-governors-order
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,358
    But someone in the office must. Thats the out for these clerks. Falsely added these folks to the clergy exemption. But the office is bound by law to issue..
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Fucktards is correct. Get over yourself people, everything isn't about you and your mythology.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    rgambs said:

Fucktards is correct. Get over yourself people, everything isn't about you and your mythology.

to many gay marrieage is a myth.

Godfather.

• Options

rgambs said:

Godfather.

That just doesn't make any sense at all.
    You can witness firsthand two people of the same sex joining their lives together.
    What part of the Christian mythology is able to be witnessed?
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    If the clerks in Texas want to break the law, the will have a horrible time looking for new jobs and getting personally sued. They work for the government. They can't discriminate because of their religion. What's next? Are people at the DMV going to refuse to give out drivers licenses to gay people? Maybe fireman will not respond to houses of known gays? Maybe building permits won't be issued to gays? These people either need to let the next clerk deal with the marriage licenses or get new jobs. Fucking bigots.

And godfather, gay marriage is no myth. You can see it, touch it hear, and feel it. You can't do any of those things with religion. Which one is the myth?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996

rgambs said:

Godfather.

Bigfoot is a myth. It is not real.

Gay marriage is very real. Some may not like it but it is no myth.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590

rgambs said:

Godfather.

It's no myth that my brother married his husband 2 years ago after being together for 16 years.

No myth
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752

rgambs said:

Godfather.

Huh? How is plain hard reality a myth? That makes no sense at all GF.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    edited July 2015
    Congratulations my friends to the South!

Very uplifting to read the vast majority of positive comments in this thread.
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    it really is amazing how emotional/passionate people get over gay marriage. people use their religion to justify their hate when really that has nothing to do with it. I was watching a jim Jeffries bit with some friends and he was talking about how it says in the bible to not eat shellfish. apparently not once but numerous times. I personally haven't read through to check if that is correct or not, but if it is, I can guarantee you I've never seen anybody protesting or crying about how long john silvers serving shrimp is causing the downfall of America. personally I just don't get it. to me it's just a bunch of people saying, yeah I know people are getting murdered, women getting raped, children abused, people dying of hunger and disease.......but you know what really chaps my hide???? homos getting married!!! it's appalling!!!

to all you haters out there, don't complain when people hate you because of you're skin color, your gender, what country you were born in, or your wealth....because surely you can empathize.

if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options

it really is amazing how emotional/passionate people get over gay marriage. people use their religion to justify their hate when really that has nothing to do with it. I was watching a jim Jeffries bit with some friends and he was talking about how it says in the bible to not eat shellfish. apparently not once but numerous times. I personally haven't read through to check if that is correct or not, but if it is, I can guarantee you I've never seen anybody protesting or crying about how long john silvers serving shrimp is causing the downfall of America. personally I just don't get it. to me it's just a bunch of people saying, yeah I know people are getting murdered, women getting raped, children abused, people dying of hunger and disease.......but you know what really chaps my hide???? homos getting married!!! it's appalling!!!

to all you haters out there, don't complain when people hate you because of you're skin color, your gender, what country you were born in, or your wealth....because surely you can empathize.

OR they cant.

Few care to realize just how many times the bible has been a new revised translation. Its good to study and perhaps learn the languages or at least the original meanings of the ancient greek and hebrew it was written in. Understand the context of the times it was written.

I also note how not a single one can say "well jesus said........" because he didn't , and for what was said that was God talking and teaching right?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I don't know much about the bible, I think the things that god or jesus supposedly said are in a different color. at least it is in my parents bible. but I get what you're saying about the translations. at the end of the day it's just a bunch of different people saying, oh yeah mmhmm this is what they meant. yup it sure is.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options
    quick question to the people who do use religion/the bible as their reason to be against gay marriage...why focus on that point? doesn't it say in the bible to honor thy neighbor and some variation of treat people like you want to be treated? why not focus on those positive points instead of looking for excuses to hate or judge people? at the end of the day you're basing your beliefs on an arbitrary passage in a book, so why not be a glass half full person instead of a glass half empty person? pick the love thy neighbor instead of the thou shalt not like wieners if thou haveth a wiener.
  • Options

quick question to the people who do use religion/the bible as their reason to be against gay marriage...why focus on that point? doesn't it say in the bible to honor thy neighbor and some variation of treat people like you want to be treated? why not focus on those positive points instead of looking for excuses to hate or judge people? at the end of the day you're basing your beliefs on an arbitrary passage in a book, so why not be a glass half full person instead of a glass half empty person? pick the love thy neighbor instead of the thou shalt not like wieners if thou haveth a wiener.

Thou shalt not like weiners must have been on the tablet moses dropped as the 11th commandment.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    mickeyrat said:

Thou shalt not like weiners must have been on the tablet moses dropped as the 11th commandment.
    It was in the draft version, but didn't make it into the final 10. You would not believe the bickering over what got cut.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

pick the love thy neighbor instead of the thou shalt not like wieners if thou haveth a wiener.

Maybe it is the fear of hell fire and damnation in the form of a weenie roast.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

hate the sin not the sinner, most of the people opposed to gay marrieag don't hate gay people at all infact the only ones using the word hate in this topic are the gay marrieag supporters, some of you just automaticly think we as Christians hate gays and you couldn't be more wrong, in real life kiddies I treat everybody like I want to be treated, it's real simple don't mess with me and I wont mess with you.
    I don't care who you sleep with as long as you don't try to involve me...but I do strongly oppose gay marrieage and you can call me a redneck,christian extremist or a biggot or what ever you want and there is not enough sugar coating nonesence that will change my mind.
    I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one on the train who opposes this G/M stuff but I am the only one who will admit it at this point.

Godfather.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    and another thing...attacking the bible because you suppot G/M is a sign that maybe you just arnt quite sure of what you are talking about ?, do G/M supporters need to do this to assure your selfs that what you are doing is right ? if you need to question yourselves maybe your not right.

Godfather.
    Post edited by Godfather. on
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited June 2015
    Nobody is attacking the bible godfather. You said to many that gay marriage was a myth. Most of us were simply stating that is way more real than the myth Christians believe in. Far from an attack. What makes you think the gay lifestyle isn't right? Because you read it in a book?
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • Options

Nobody is attacking the bible godfather. You said to many that gay marriage was a myth. Most of us were simply stating that is way more real than the myth Christians believe in. Far from an attack. What makes you think the gay lifestyle isn't right? Because you read it in a book?

like I said sleep with who ever you want just don't involve me in your.. style.
    I believe marrieage is for a man and a woman, thats about as simple as I can state it.

Godfather.

• Options
    @godfather, I wasn't attacking the bible but if the bible says love is a sin then maybe it is deserving of an attack.
  • Options

mickeyrat said:

hate the sin not the sinner, most of the people opposed to gay marrieag don't hate gay people at all infact the only ones using the word hate in this topic are the gay marrieag supporters, some of you just automaticly think we as Christians hate gays and you couldn't be more wrong, in real life kiddies I treat everybody like I want to be treated, it's real simple don't mess with me and I wont mess with you.
    I don't care who you sleep with as long as you don't try to involve me...but I do strongly oppose gay marrieage and you can call me a redneck,christian extremist or a biggot or what ever you want and there is not enough sugar coating nonesence that will change my mind.
    I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one on the train who opposes this G/M stuff but I am the only one who will admit it at this point.

Godfather.

Whatever. As long as their point of view also causes them to try and make sure that gays aren't treated equally, it's the same damn thing. These religious assholes want their religious views to be put into America's LAWS. So hating the sin and not the sinner is utterly irrelevant. It all comes down to the same damn thing. Do you think gay people particularly care if they are loved by a bunch of religious fools who think their sexual orientation is wrong in the eyes of God?? Of course they don't. They want to be treated equally in the eyes of the law and government. And religious morons fight to keep that from happening. These jerks may just hate the sin, but that hate still leads to unjust treatment of a group of people. I am not the least bit sympathetic or understanding towards those who are against the legalization of gay marriage. I don't give a shit what their (your) reasons to disagree with it are, and I don't give a shit if they (you) claim to not hate gays. Whatever the reason, they (you) are in support of unjust laws and inequality in America. There is no way to reason yourself out of that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited June 2015

like I said sleep with who ever you want just don't involve me in your.. style.
    I believe marrieage is for a man and a woman, thats about as simple as I can state it.

Godfather.

Who is involving you in anything?? How does two people you don't even know getting married affect you? Seriously, I'm asking. I really want to know how you and people like you think that. Also, while that's fine if you think marriage is for a man and woman, how do you figure that means it shouldn't be legal for people of the same gender to marry? Just because it bugs you, or what? I hope you don't actually think that laws that allow equality should be based on personal opinions?

PS - it obviously doesn't matter what you believe, because it's official: Marriage is NOT just for a man and a woman. Not anymore. It's a new fact that your brain still needs to absorb, apparently. Otherwise you'll be believing in a fantasy.

PPS - the Supreme Court ruling basically just told you and everyone else who doesn't think gays should have the same rights as everyone else to go fuck yourselves. And it makes me so happy. :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    well hang on a sec there, godfather did say he didn't care who people slept with as long as they didn't involve him. I think that falls under live and let live. if he says that he would go out and vote against gay marriage, then yeah that would fall closer to, do what I say or else. so how bout it godfather, if you were able to vote on it in your town, would you ignore it with a they can do what they want attitude or would you vote making it illegal? for what it's worth, I respect your views and admire that you're willing to speak even though you know it's against popular opinion. i'm not trying to pick on you at all if that's what it's coming across as.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

well hang on a sec there, godfather did say he didn't care who people slept with as long as they didn't involve him. I think that falls under live and let live. if he says that he would go out and vote against gay marriage, then yeah that would fall closer to, do what I say or else. so how bout it godfather, if you were able to vote on it in your town, would you ignore it with a they can do what they want attitude or would you vote making it illegal? for what it's worth, I respect your views and admire that you're willing to speak even though you know it's against popular opinion. i'm not trying to pick on you at all if that's what it's coming across as.

I disagree. That he doesn't care who sleeps with people is completely meaningless. I'm talking about how he is against gays being able to legally marry. Yes, I am assuming that if it was put to a popular vote he would vote against it. And that is a vote against equality in America. Surely we can all agree that that is wrong.

BTW, I do indeed also find it offensive for someone to think that being gay is a sin. That's very nice that you want to congratulate GF for expressing his views, but I personally don't see why anyone should be congratulated for demeaning a group of people for the way they were born. If GF were here saying "hey, I don't have a problem with black people being black, as long as they don't affect me, but they shouldn't be allowed to vote", would you be congratulating him on his bravery for speaking his opinion? Or would you be too stunned to even type? Because to me, GF's views about gays and gay marriage is just as bad as if he were to replace the word "gay" with "black" (or any other minority group). Hence my very strong opinion here.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    goingtoveronagoingtoverona Posts: 616
    edited June 2015
    ehhh I think congratulate is a bit of a stretch. there wasn't a single exclamation point, woohoo or way to go godfather!!. I think people can believe whatever the hell they want to and should be allowed to express their beliefs, even if they are the complete opposite of mine.
  • Options

ehhh I think congratulate is a bit of a stretch. there wasn't a single exclamation point, woohoo or way to go godfather!!. I think people can believe whatever the hell they want to and should be allowed to express their beliefs, even if they are the complete opposite of mine.

Haha, that's true, you didn't give three cheers or anything. ;)

I also believe in freedom of speech.... so I am exercising mine in reaction to GF, who of course can believe and express whatever he wants. I never suggested otherwise. That doesn't mean I can't criticize it.