--sexual orientation

these are not choices

thank God this final "legal" prejudice has ended

Post edited by rollings on
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,856
    edited June 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

ehhh I think congratulate is a bit of a stretch. there wasn't a single exclamation point, woohoo or way to go godfather!!. I think people can believe whatever the hell they want to and should be allowed to express their beliefs, even if they are the complete opposite of mine.

Haha, that's true, you didn't give three cheers or anything. ;)

I also believe in freedom of speech.... so I am exercising mine in reaction to GF, who of course can believe and express whatever he wants. I never suggested otherwise. That doesn't mean I can't criticize it.
    Criticize all you want...Go for it!!

But Im thinking you telling him...To go fuck himself?????

Yeah...
    That one is going to go over REAL WELL with the mods.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124

mickeyrat said:

quick question to the people who do use religion/the bible as their reason to be against gay marriage...why focus on that point? doesn't it say in the bible to honor thy neighbor and some variation of treat people like you want to be treated? why not focus on those positive points instead of looking for excuses to hate or judge people? at the end of the day you're basing your beliefs on an arbitrary passage in a book, so why not be a glass half full person instead of a glass half empty person? pick the love thy neighbor instead of the thou shalt not like wieners if thou haveth a wiener.

Thou shalt not like weiners must have been on the tablet moses dropped as the 11th commandment.
    It was in the draft version, but didn't make it into the final 10. You would not believe the bickering over what got cut.
    yes and they called it circumcision
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124

PJ_Soul said:

ehhh I think congratulate is a bit of a stretch. there wasn't a single exclamation point, woohoo or way to go godfather!!. I think people can believe whatever the hell they want to and should be allowed to express their beliefs, even if they are the complete opposite of mine.

I also believe in freedom of speech.... so I am exercising mine in reaction to GF, who of course can believe and express whatever he wants. I never suggested otherwise. That doesn't mean I can't criticize it.

Yeah...
    plus it would make him GAY

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

and another thing...attacking the bible because you suppot G/M is a sign that maybe you just arnt quite sure of what you are talking about ?, do G/M supporters need to do this to assure your selfs that what you are doing is right ? if you need to question yourselves maybe your not right.

Godfather.

You are stretching pretty far here, and again failing to make sense. By this logic, your opposition of marriage equality is rooted in your need to question the Bibles marital premises.
    People who attack the Bible do so because it is full of shit and they are tired of it's ignorant supporters using it as a basis for withholding rights and resisting progress.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    rollings said:

--sexual orientation

these are not choices

Agreed, but I'm concerned that even though it is now the law of the land, there are still plenty of counties in the South that aren't recognizing it, or willfully choosing to ignore it. Queue the banjos - it looks like 1/3 of the counties in Alabama (at least 22!) are refusing to issue same sex marriage licenses.
    http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/06/at_least_22_alabama_counties_r.html

How about withholding all federal funding from states with non-compliance?
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    rollings said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah...

And in due time....
    The Supreme Court will soon allow Godfather to marry himself!
  • Options
    ohh I wonder what kind of tax breaks he would get.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options

rollings said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah...

And in due time....
    Oh boy not that tired old argument... Reality is calling, will you accept the charges?
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Think the church is up against the wall and there will be a softening on homosexuals. For survival purposes.

More evidence will be presented that it's not a choice and more Americans will have a friend or family member that acknowledges they are gay. Snowball that will get bigger and bigger.

Give GF credit as well for expressing his views as unpopular as they may be on this pinko liberal site.

Peace.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    rgambs said:

rollings said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah...

And in due time....
    Oh boy not that tired old argument... Reality is calling, will you accept the charges?
    Hey, no worries, I accept the fact that GM is a reality.

I was just having a little fun with the whole "Go Fuck Yourself" statement.

Have no worries, I don't see the Supreme Court allowing Godfather to marry himself..Or Godfather to marry a chimpanzee.

Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited June 2015
    I find it sooooooo hypocritical the religious right is going to dig its heels in on gay marriage and try to deny two humans that are in love a legal partnership because they think it's wrong.
    I'm not a Christian,but I'm pretty sure since Jesus was a Liberal Jew who loved all,he would have been totally fine with Love and marraige in any form.
    Now he may have had a problem with the large amount of so called religious leaders and "good Christians and Catholics" who moonlight as pedophiles preying on innocent young children.But I could be wrong.
    How any one person can think they are superior to another because of a belief system is beyond me.
    Religious right do us all a favor and go fuck yourselves.Or is that gay,shit now I'm confused.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

I find it sooooooo hypocritical the religious right is going to dig its heels in on gay marriage and try to deny two humans that are in love a legal partnership because they think it's wrong.
    I'm not a Christian,but I'm pretty sure since Jesus was a Liberal Jew who loved all,he would have been totally fine with Love and marraige in any form.
    Now he may have had a problem with the large amount of so called religious leaders and "good Christians and Catholics" who moonlight as pedophiles preying on innocent young children.But I could be wrong.
    How any one person can think they are superior to another because of a belief system is beyond me.
    Religious right do us all a favor and go fuck yourselves.Or is that gay,shit now I'm confused.

RR they are forced to fight as hard as they can. The highest court in the land told them they are wrong. This is huge social change. This goes against the infallible Bible. Times are changing.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    This may guarantee Jeb White House.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    callen said:

This may guarantee Jeb White House.

I'm good with that anyhoo.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

I agree!
    And then you get guys like Trump and Rush who have been married a handful of times SO FAR, who "support traditional marriage"... So hypocritical.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2015
    :smile:

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,677

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah...
    For the record, I didn't tell GF to go fuck himself. I said that the Supreme Court was essentially telling him to go fuck himself. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

mickeyrat said:

quick question to the people who do use religion/the bible as their reason to be against gay marriage...why focus on that point? doesn't it say in the bible to honor thy neighbor and some variation of treat people like you want to be treated? why not focus on those positive points instead of looking for excuses to hate or judge people? at the end of the day you're basing your beliefs on an arbitrary passage in a book, so why not be a glass half full person instead of a glass half empty person? pick the love thy neighbor instead of the thou shalt not like wieners if thou haveth a wiener.

Thou shalt not like weiners must have been on the tablet moses dropped as the 11th commandment.
    It was in the draft version, but didn't make it into the final 10. You would not believe the bickering over what got cut.
    Did you mean to say dickering?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,000
    edited July 2015
    jeffbr said:

rollings said:

--sexual orientation

these are not choices

Agreed, but I'm concerned that even though it is now the law of the land, there are still plenty of counties in the South that aren't recognizing it, or willfully choosing to ignore it. Queue the banjos - it looks like 1/3 of the counties in Alabama (at least 22!) are refusing to issue same sex marriage licenses.
    http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/06/at_least_22_alabama_counties_r.html

How about withholding all federal funding from states with non-compliance?
    Texas AG made it pretty clear they are subject to lawsuit or fines. Still SOMEONE in an office of the clerk HAS to.

My view is , if you think your religious beliefs will prevent you from carrying out your duries then look for another line if work. Your personal views have no bearing on the job at hand. You doing your job of collecting money and filing paperwork isnt condoning , approving or being a part of a couples choice to marry.

Now those counties in Al are refusing to issue license to anyone. No discrimination so likely not against anyones civil rights.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    mickeyrat said:

I thought there were 15. That's what Mel Brooks told me.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,000

mickeyrat said:

I thought there were 15. That's what Mel Brooks told me.
    Right. 5 for each tablet. I assumed no weiners if you have a weiner would be 11 instead of 12-15.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

well hang on a sec there, godfather did say he didn't care who people slept with as long as they didn't involve him. I think that falls under live and let live. if he says that he would go out and vote against gay marriage, then yeah that would fall closer to, do what I say or else. so how bout it godfather, if you were able to vote on it in your town, would you ignore it with a they can do what they want attitude or would you vote making it illegal? for what it's worth, I respect your views and admire that you're willing to speak even though you know it's against popular opinion. i'm not trying to pick on you at all if that's what it's coming across as.

me personally I would vote aginst it, how you or anybody else votes is totally up to you.
    this falls in line with the city clerks who refuse to marry same sex couples because of thier beliefs
    and aperently they have that right to not do so.

Godfather.

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Nobody is attacking the bible godfather. You said to many that gay marriage was a myth. Most of us were simply stating that is way more real than the myth Christians believe in. Far from an attack. What makes you think the gay lifestyle isn't right? Because you read it in a book?

like I said sleep with who ever you want just don't involve me in your.. style.
    I believe marrieage is for a man and a woman, thats about as simple as I can state it.

Godfather.

Who is involving you in anything?? How does two people you don't even know getting married affect you? Seriously, I'm asking. I really want to know how you and people like you think that. Also, while that's fine if you think marriage is for a man and woman, how do you figure that means it shouldn't be legal for people of the same gender to marry? Just because it bugs you, or what? I hope you don't actually think that laws that allow equality should be based on personal opinions?

PS - it obviously doesn't matter what you believe, because it's official: Marriage is NOT just for a man and a woman. Not anymore. It's a new fact that your brain still needs to absorb, apparently. Otherwise you'll be believing in a fantasy.

PPS - the Supreme Court ruling basically just told you and everyone else who doesn't think gays should have the same rights as everyone else to go fuck yourselves. And it makes me so happy. :)
    ummmmmm well just as the confederate flag offends you G/M offends me isn't the confederate flag a matter of personal opinion ? some say hate and some say haritage.

Godfather.

• Options
    yeah ! who was it told me to go fuck myself ? hahhahhahhahhaha wish I had a penny for every time I've heard that ! usally if a person stands up for what they believe it's real likely someone will dig those words out of thier ass to sling around because...really...thats all they have at the end of the day and they're not man enough to use anything but thier mouth...

Godfather.
  • Options

rgambs said:

rollings said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah...

And in due time....
    Hey, no worries, I accept the fact that GM is a reality.

I was just having a little fun with the whole "Go Fuck Yourself" statement.

Have no worries, I don't see the Supreme Court allowing Godfather to marry himself..Or Godfather to marry a chimpanzee.

speedy your so creative is that trate from your mother or your father ?.....just because your here to make such funny jokes I'll assume you had both at one time or another...I'll let you in on a little secrete...it takes a man and a woman to reproduce, why is that ?

Godfather.

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

yeah ! who was it told me to go fuck myself ? hahhahhahhahhaha wish I had a penny for every time I've heard that ! usally if a person stands up for what they believe it's real likely someone will dig those words out of thier ass to sling around because...really...thats all they have at the end of the day and they're not man enough to use anything but thier mouth...

Godfather.

Ok, go f**k yourself.

I'm just hoping you get a penny.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,971
    Whaaaaat?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."