10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    ^^^ Another great reason to be a big fan! Yes!!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    ldent42 said:

My newsfeed looked like a glitterbomb went off in it this morning. Very happy to hear the news.
    A bit sad it had to be fought for so hard

I think it was probably the happiest social media day ever. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    The streets of West Hollywood were filled with many happy people today. It made me happy - moreso, knowing our little city is a drop in the bucket of such smiles.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Bout time.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited June 2015
    Let that Texas pig fucker go full Richard Pryor for all I care.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    I really do believe yesterday was a beautiful day in this country.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JimmyV said:

It truly was! I have joy in my heart, and it gives me real hope.
    Next up: Marijuana prohibition!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,990

Been reading the comments on the PJ instagram from this picture, amazing that people with such prejudice can fellow this band. Yeah, it's mostly the religious lot but still...great to see PJ coming out so to speak in solidarity as expected! Good times!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Spags said:

Been reading the comments on the PJ instagram from this picture, amazing that people with such prejudice can fellow this band. Yeah, it's mostly the religious lot but still...great to see PJ coming out so to speak in solidarity as expected! Good times!
    Sorry Pal, believe it or not this band is not Just for YOU. I for one am happy for my Gay friends. The Gay Pride Parade tomorrow aught 2 be something else in Chicago, I just wish the raunchiness it has become would take a back seat to a celebration of this ruling. Especially for the parents who come to expose their children to this group of people at a young age.
  • Options
    muskydan said:

Spags said:

Sorry Pal, believe it or not this band is not Just for YOU. I for one am happy for my Gay friends. The Gay Pride Parade tomorrow aught 2 be something else in Chicago, I just wish the raunchiness it has become would take a back seat to a celebration of this ruling. Especially for the parents who come to expose their children to this group of people at a young age.
    Dan, what do you mean by "expose their children to this group of people at a young"? Like, kids somehow will be tarnished by being in the presence of (gasp) GAY people? I must be reading that wrong, right?
    JimmyV said:

Yes! Let's keep the focus positive because this is positively a fantastic move forward!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:

muskydan said:

Spags said:

Dan, what do you mean by "expose their children to this group of people at a young"? Like, kids somehow will be tarnished by being in the presence of (gasp) GAY people? I must be reading that wrong, right?
    JimmyV said:

Yes! Let's keep the focus positive because this is positively a fantastic move forward!

Don't think to much into that wording cause you obviously are taking it the wrong way. Working this parade the past 15 years it has changed dramatically. The shock value now is over the top now where it does not have to be. Many parents bring their kids to this parade to see this alternative life style and many leave the parade immediately due to the unnecessary nudity, drunken raunchiness it has become. My old Gay neighbors ( been together for 33 years) never go anymore for those exact reasons. Maybe this year it will be different due to this monumental ruling.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    muskydan said:

Don't think to much into that wording cause you obviously are taking it the wrong way. Working this parade the past 15 years it has changed dramatically. The shock value now is over the top now where it does not have to be. Many parents bring their kids to this parade to see this alternative life style and many leave the parade immediately due to the unnecessary nudity, drunken raunchiness it has become. My old Gay neighbors ( been together for 33 years) never go anymore for those exact reasons. Maybe this year it will be different due to this monumental ruling.

Morning, Dan.

I do get what you're saying about the raunchiness; it plays a fairly big role at the annual Pride Parade held here and doesn't seem to promote the notion that it's more about equality, and loving who you love, versus sex itself. Yet - it also is about sex (same goes for heteros!).

But overall, it's about freedom, about not considering being gay an alternative lifestyle, about re-considering and re-thinking perceptions of normalcy.

• Options
    hedonist said:

muskydan said:

Morning, Dan.

I do get what you're saying about the raunchiness; it plays a fairly big role at the annual Pride Parade held here and doesn't seem to promote the notion that it's more about equality, and loving who you love, versus sex itself. Yet - it also is about sex (same goes for heteros!).

But overall, it's about freedom, about not considering being gay an alternative lifestyle, about re-considering and re-thinking perceptions of normalcy.

Word up to that Hedo
  • Options
    rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

And labeling foods. Fuck Monsanto.
  • Options
    muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

Spags said:

JimmyV said:

I see what you're saying. I haven't been to a gay pride parade in several years and didn't know about the raunchiness part of it. No, probably not for kids. I too hope it will be more family friendly in the future.

• Options

rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

Not a big issue for me, it is easy to know where your food comes from and how it's produced if you care to learn. The folks who would rely on labels wouldn't care anyways.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

Not a big issue for me, it is easy to know where your food comes from and how it's produced if you care to learn. The folks who would rely on labels wouldn't care anyways.
    But what about GMO's, Gambs? I'm totally in favor of labeling because otherwise it fairly easy to unknowingly end up with some Frankenfood in your cart. And even labeling is not the final solution because now days half the stuff you see labeled "organic" or (worse) "natural" is anything but. We need honestly in labeling too.

Anyway, back to same sex marriage- we in the US are now one of 23 countries that have legalized same sex marriage. Excellent!

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    muskydan said:

Spags said:

What's that got to do with gay marriage though? So you don't like sexy parades. Who cares? Don't go to it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianlux said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

JimmyV said:

But what about GMO's, Gambs? I'm totally in favor of labeling because otherwise it fairly easy to unknowingly end up with some Frankenfood in your cart. And even labeling is not the final solution because now days half the stuff you see labeled "organic" or (worse) "natural" is anything but. We need honestly in labeling too.

Anyway, back to same sex marriage- we in the US are now one of 23 countries that have legalized same sex marriage. Excellent!
    I do support labeling, just not vehemently.
    If I buy it from a store I assume it has GMO and unsavory production practices at least somewhere in the supply chain.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,413
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,358
    do I have this right?

God is Love.
    Yesterday Love won.
    therefore God won.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,990
    I've not read all the replies...sorry, been out partying but just the 'alternative lifestyle' part makes me think you aren't keeping up...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    The problem for me is that I'm in CA and they decided that ignorance was bliss in 2012 regarding food labeling.
    Post edited by InHiding80 on
  • Options

The problem for me is that I'm in CA and they decided that ignorance was bliss in 2012 regarding food labeling.

That one really bit it big time. That's the power of Monsanto in action for ya.

• Options

LOL! Stephen Colbert- yes!

• Options
    edited June 2015
    huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/28/mike-huckabee-gay-marriage_n_7681730.html

It's everyone's favorite constitution hater! And he's saying stuff!
  • Options

Trumps looking better and better.
    What a retarded way to have your brain state in.
    Fool
  • Options

Trumps looking better and better.
    What a retarded way to have your brain state in.
    Fool
    You're too kind. You're suggesting he had a brain in the first place.