Options

9 Dead in Shooting at Black Church in SC

Comments

• Options
    JimmyV said:

CM189191 said:

Pretty distinct opinions from the left and right on this one:

Leftie Liberal says:
    This kid had numerous behavioral problems and was probably mentally disturbed, maybe now is a good time to discuss expanding healthcare services?
    This kid had easy access to guns, maybe now is a good time to talk about gun control?
    This kid is guilty, but the death penalty has no place in civilized modern society.
    Federal prosecutors said this kid was "self-radicalized" online, maybe now is a good time to talk about how that malicious information was disseminated and received before another incident occurs.

Radical Rightie says:
    Punish!
    Torture!
    Kill!
    (proceeds to close barn door)

I notice his victims are mentioned nowhere in your post. Maybe both left and right should take a moment this afternoon to remember them.
    Yes
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

CM189191 said:

Leftie Liberal says:
    This kid had numerous behavioral problems and was probably mentally disturbed, maybe now is a good time to discuss expanding healthcare services?
    This kid had easy access to guns, maybe now is a good time to talk about gun control?
    This kid is guilty, but the death penalty has no place in civilized modern society.
    Federal prosecutors said this kid was "self-radicalized" online, maybe now is a good time to talk about how that malicious information was disseminated and received before another incident occurs.

Radical Rightie says:
    Punish!
    Torture!
    Kill!

A biased post.

Let me rework the Leftie Liberal portion for you to match the idiocy of the Radical Rightie portion:

Leftie Liberal says:
    Poor poor kid had severe trauma of some sort in his life and he needs our support now because we failed him prior to the somewhat unfortunate event.
    What's done is done and we can't bring back any of the deceased, but we can all come together and pour love all over mushroom head to salvage a life.
    Etc.
    as someone who is often accused as being a crybaby liberal by folks such as 30, I can honestly say that I disagree with giving this piece of shit any support of any kind. he is unreedemable as far as I'm concerned.

I am strictly anti-DP. however, I think 23.5 hours per day in solitary is honestly inhumane. most experts would agree that it is a form of torture.

I don't hope for a happy existence for this kid, but I also don't condone torture in any form. he will be living in his own personal hell in prison, let me tell you. a skinny white neo nazi in prison for hate crimes? good luck.
    I haven't called you that for at least a few years my friend. And when I did resort to name calling... I never fully understood you like I do now after 100s of exchanges.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996

JimmyV said:

CM189191 said:

Leftie Liberal says:

Radical Rightie says:
    Punish!
    Torture!
    Kill!

I notice his victims are mentioned nowhere in your post. Maybe both left and right should take a moment this afternoon to remember them.
    Good point.

The victims are:

The Rev. Clementa Pinckney, 41: A state senator and the senior pastor of Emanuel, he was married to Jennifer Benjamin and the father of two children, Eliana and Malana. He was a 1995 graduate of Allen University and got his master's degree at the University of South Carolina in 1999. He served in the state Legislature starting in 2000; The Post and Courier says black fabric was draped over Pinckney's Senate chamber seat on Thursday.

Cynthia Hurd, 54: According to the Charleston County Public Library, she was a 31-year employee who managed the John L. Dart Library for 21 years before heading the St. Andrews Regional Library. A statement said Hurd "dedicated her life to serving and improving the lives of others." The system closed its 16 branches Thursday to honor Hurd and the others who died in the shooting. County officials also say the St. Andrews library will be named for Hurd.

The Rev. Sharonda Coleman-Singleton, 45: A pastor at Emanuel, she was also a speech therapist and high school girls track and field coach, both positions at Goose Creek High School, according to her LinkedIn page. Jimmy Huskey, the school's principal, called her "a true professional ... [who] cared about her students and was an advocate for them." Her son, Chris Singleton, is a baseball player and student at Charleston Southern University. Coleman-Singleton also had two younger children, writes the Post and Courier.

Tywanza Sanders, 26: He was a 2014 graduate in business administration from Allen University in Columbia. Lady June Cole, the interim president of Allen University, described him as "a quiet, well-known student who was committed to his education." Known as Ty, he had worked in sales at department stores such as Belk and Macy's.

Ethel Lance, 70: She had attended Emanuel for most of her life and worked there as a custodian, as well. From 1968 to 2002, she worked as a custodian at Charleston's Gaillard Municipal Auditorium. The Post and Courier quotes a former colleague as saying, "She was funny and a pleasure to be around. And she was a wonderful mother and grandmother."

Susie Jackson, 87: Lance's cousin, she was a longtime church member.

Depayne Middleton Doctor, 49: The mother of four sang in Emanuel's choir. She had previously directed a community development program in Charleston County. In December, she started a new job as an admissions coordinator at the Charleston campus of her alma mater, Southern Wesleyan University. SWU President Todd Voss said: "Always a warm and enthusiastic leader, DePayne truly believed in the mission of SWU to help students achieve their potential by connecting faith with learning. Our prayers go out to family and friends. This is a great loss for our students and the Charleston region."

The Rev. Daniel Simmons, 74: Simmons survived the initial attack but then died in a hospital operating room. He had previously been a pastor at another church in the Charleston area.

Myra Thompson, 59: She was the wife of the Rev. Anthony Thompson, the vicar of Holy Trinity Reformed Episcopal Church in Charleston.
    Well done.

These poor people. These poor families. Just awful.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Going to that church 2 days after this massacre may be the most intense and sad thing I've ever done in my life. The emotion of the place and moment was overwhelming. If you were there at that time and didn't shed a tear, you're just not human.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    JimmyV said:

CM189191 said:

Leftie Liberal says:

Radical Rightie says:
    Punish!
    Torture!
    Kill!

I'm all out of thoughts and prayers

Let me know when The Background Check Completion Act is passed. The bill aims to end the "default proceed" rule. The rule currently allows federally licensed firearms dealers who have initiated a background check to sell the firearm if they have not been notified by the FBI within three business days whether or not the sale of a firearm to a certain individual would violate federal laws.

FBI data shows estimates of more than ten prohibited people a day are sold guns by dealers who do not wait for completed background check; more than 15,000 gun sales to prohibited individuals over the last five years have occurred because of loophole

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    CM189191 said:

JimmyV said:

CM189191 said:

Leftie Liberal says:

Radical Rightie says:
    Punish!
    Torture!
    Kill!

Let me know when The Background Check Completion Act is passed. The bill aims to end the "default proceed" rule. The rule currently allows federally licensed firearms dealers who have initiated a background check to sell the firearm if they have not been notified by the FBI within three business days whether or not the sale of a firearm to a certain individual would violate federal laws.

FBI data shows estimates of more than ten prohibited people a day are sold guns by dealers who do not wait for completed background check; more than 15,000 gun sales to prohibited individuals over the last five years have occurred because of loophole

I didn't ask for your thoughts and prayers and I don't particularly care about about a tired left wing talking point. Nine people were brutally murdered. Their killer was convicted today. Let's show a little bit of humanity and remember them. Then there will be plenty of time to resume the endless left vs right pissing contest.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    JimmyV said:

CM189191 said:

JimmyV said:

CM189191 said:

Leftie Liberal says:

Radical Rightie says:
    Punish!
    Torture!
    Kill!

I didn't ask for your thoughts and prayers and I don't particularly care about about a tired left wing talking point. Nine people were brutally murdered. Their killer was convicted today. Let's show a little bit of humanity and remember them. Then there will be plenty of time to resume the endless left vs right pissing contest.
    Wouldn't passing The Background Check Completion Act be a great way to show a little bit of humanity and remember them?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options

Here is part of his video confession and he laughs.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/12/10/charleston-church-shooter-laughs-confesses-murders-dylann-roof-murder-trial-video-confession/95257238/

I'm torn between DP and 23.5hrs a day solitary for the rest of his life.
    They both sound like great options.

I couldn't access his confession via your link, but I found it elsewhere and watched it. I have no words to describe what I felt watching it.

That little worm wanted to send a message to violent, black criminals. So he goes to a church and opens fire on some of the nicest people he could find. This should make no sense, but I think I understand why he did it...

... he's a little rodent. Even with a gun (which he complained about being too heavy in his confession), he is such a weasel that if he ever attempted to hit the streets and find an actual black criminal to shoot... he'd have the gun wrested from his hand, stuffed up his ass, and the trigger pulled till the gun went 'click click'.

A mass murderer of the chicken shit variety. Rest in Hell, mushroom head.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    What a fucking piece of shit. May god have mercy on your soul.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    "Racism, discrimination and hatred was put on trial in Charleston and lost 33 times."

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,090

CM189191 said:

Leftie Liberal says:

Radical Rightie says:
    Punish!
    Torture!
    Kill!

A biased post.

Let me rework the Leftie Liberal portion for you to match the idiocy of the Radical Rightie portion:

Leftie Liberal says:
    Poor poor kid had severe trauma of some sort in his life and he needs our support now because we failed him prior to the somewhat unfortunate event.
    What's done is done and we can't bring back any of the deceased, but we can all come together and pour love all over mushroom head to salvage a life.
    Etc.
    as someone who is often accused as being a crybaby liberal by folks such as 30, I can honestly say that I disagree with giving this piece of shit any support of any kind. he is unreedemable as far as I'm concerned.

I am strictly anti-DP. however, I think 23.5 hours per day in solitary is honestly inhumane. most experts would agree that it is a form of torture.

I don't hope for a happy existence for this kid, but I also don't condone torture in any form. he will be living in his own personal hell in prison, let me tell you. a skinny white neo nazi in prison for hate crimes? good luck.
    I haven't called you that for at least a few years my friend. And when I did resort to name calling... I never fully understood you like I do now after 100s of exchanges.
    has it been that long? :lol:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

CM189191 said:

Leftie Liberal says:

Radical Rightie says:
    Punish!
    Torture!
    Kill!

A biased post.

Leftie Liberal says:
    Etc.

has it been that long? :lol:
    Couple of old dudes just like those grumps on the Muppets.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,750
    edited December 2016

CM189191 said:

Leftie Liberal says:

Radical Rightie says:
    Punish!
    Torture!
    Kill!

A biased post.

Leftie Liberal says:
    Etc.
    I have never ONCE seen a liberal voice that kind of perspective about this guy. "Poor poor kid... needs our support... what's done is done"??? Thirty, where are you getting that from? I personally think you made it up out of thin air or you are listening to others who did.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

Leftie Liberal says:

Radical Rightie says:
    Punish!
    Torture!
    Kill!

A biased post.

Leftie Liberal says:
    Etc.
    I have never ONCE seen a liberal voice that kind of perspective about this guy. "Poor poor kid... needs our support... what's done is done"??? Thirty, where are you getting that from? I personally think you made it up out of thin air or you are listening to others who did.
    Follow along, man.

The post I responded to mocked the pro DP faction and I responded in kind.

Why didn't you address this:

Radical Rightie says:
    Punish!
    Torture!
    Kill!
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

Leftie Liberal says:

Radical Rightie says:
    Punish!
    Torture!
    Kill!

A biased post.

Leftie Liberal says:
    Etc.
    Follow along, man.

Radical Rightie says:
    Punish!
    Torture!
    Kill!
    Because I'm not right wing so don't have as much insight into their perspective on this matter. Although, I have definitely seen a lot of comment from right wingers who are indeed a lot closer to that description than any liberals are to the description you laid out. You know how many comments there always are from conservatives about how death is too good for them, how they'd like to string them, etc etc etc. But never have I seen Liberals say shit like "poor poor murderer".
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

Leftie Liberal says:

Radical Rightie says:
    Punish!
    Torture!
    Kill!

A biased post.

Leftie Liberal says:
    Etc.
    Follow along, man.

Radical Rightie says:
    Punish!
    Torture!
    Kill!
    honestly, 30, you post this liberal crybaby rhetoric without having been prodded at all, all the time. you know that.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I see no reason why politics have to come into the discussion at this point. Almost everyone agrees that this punk is scum of the earth and either should be dead or dying in a jail cell.
  • Options

I see no reason why politics have to come into the discussion at this point. Almost everyone agrees that this punk is scum of the earth and either should be dead or dying in a jail cell.

I agree. It's ridiculous and insulting to suggest that liberals might feel sympathy for that guy just because they don't support the DP and want better mental healthcare.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I agree. It's ridiculous and insulting to suggest that liberals might feel sympathy for that guy just because they don't support the DP and want better mental healthcare.
    It's also in poor taste to use this kids horrific actions as a platform for better mental health care since this kids was not mentally ill. Just filled with hate.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

PJ_Soul said:

It's also in poor taste to use this kids horrific actions as a platform for better mental health care since this kids was not mentally ill. Just filled with hate.
    I don't think he was mentally ill either. However, if he is or were, it would be perfectly acceptable for people to look at that as an example of why better mental healthcare is needed. Don't you think? If people are doing so when it comes to this guy in particular, I would boil that down to them being either misinformed about his circumstances, they are making assumption that are wrong, or nobody is even doing that with his specific case (I think it might be the latter... I haven't actually seen people going off about mental healthcare in his particular case. I thought Thirty simply made up a Liberal line and applied it to this case).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

Leftie Liberal says:

Radical Rightie says:
    Punish!
    Torture!
    Kill!

A biased post.

Leftie Liberal says:
    Etc.
    Follow along, man.

Radical Rightie says:
    Punish!
    Torture!
    Kill!
    honestly, 30, you post this liberal crybaby rhetoric without having been prodded at all, all the time. you know that.
    You obviously didn't read the post I responded to either.

Classic though... the inability to see the provocation.

For thorough understanding of the exchange... go read the post that prompted mine and further yet... how I set mine up,
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

It's ridiculous and insulting to suggest people that view the DP as an appropriate form of justice for this loser are bloodthirsty savages hell bent on revenge.

F**k you can be daft at times. Seriously.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

Leftie Liberal says:

Radical Rightie says:
    Punish!
    Torture!
    Kill!

A biased post.

Leftie Liberal says:
    Etc.
    Follow along, man.

Radical Rightie says:
    Punish!
    Torture!
    Kill!

For thorough understanding of the exchange... go read the post that prompted mine and further yet... how I set mine up,
    I did. But you are framing it as though you only respond with such content when prompted. when in most cases, you have not been.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

It's ridiculous and insulting to suggest people that view the DP as an appropriate form of justice for this loser are bloodthirsty savages hell bent on revenge.

wow.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

Leftie Liberal says:

Radical Rightie says:
    Punish!
    Torture!
    Kill!

A biased post.

Leftie Liberal says:
    Etc.
    Follow along, man.

Radical Rightie says:
    Punish!
    Torture!
    Kill!

I did. But you are framing it as though you only respond with such content when prompted. when in most cases, you have not been.
    Unsubstantiated. Your claim here about 'most cases'. It's actually bullshit... what you say.

You know what's not bullshit though? It's not bullshit that you never speak to the posts that are hurled from your side of the fence (you know... blood blood blood). The only ones you get pissy about are the ones that mock your perspective in those mud slinging affairs.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,731

PJ_Soul said:

If the death penalty isn't about revenge, then what is it about?
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Justice
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Justice
    I'm not sure that the government killing it's own people is the definition of justice.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Justice
    I'm not sure that the government killing it's own people is the definition of justice.
    I'm not sure clothing, feeding, and entertaining a mass murderer is either.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Justice
    I'm not sure clothing, feeding, and entertaining a mass murderer is either.
    So rather than the government keep society safe from the guy killing again, they need to do something more?