The Donald for President

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    edited February 2016
    Did someone already post Trump's most recent tweet? I guess he's having another tantrum after losing to Cruz (and really, I empathize in a way - can you imagine losing to Cruz??). So I wonder what's not worth it? Sounds like he doesn't want it that much after all. :lol: Poor baby isn't feeling appreciated by the voters, oh no. :frowning: Oh man, what a stupid tweet! Especially since, as far as I can tell, he is not really self-financing. He is basically just loaning the money for the campaign, with plans to recoup the funds from donations later. Anyone know more about that?

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388

Make America Great Again!

YEAH! Segregation. Voting for white males only. WOOT
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    pjhawks said:

PJ_Soul said:

That is a good picture to reinforce Trump's apparent sexual attraction to his daughter. There is just something creepy about that photo, lol (it more looks like she's attracted to him here, haha... Obviously my view has been tarnished by Trump's comment about thinking she's doable!).
    take the context out of that photo, and honestly, it's no different than any other sweet pic of a daughter and her dad.

but of course, put it next to his comment about her, and it looks creepy.

except the photo as posted here is cut off and does not show the statue in front of them of two birds having sex. on top of what he said it a very weird and creepy photo.
    :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • what did someone say?

trump didn't win?

imagine that.

zero plans, zero substance, and he is faking that he is religious. he lost by a closer margin than it should have been.

the saddest part to me is that respectable guys like Rand Paul bailed on the race and people like fiorina and until an hour ago santorum are still in it.

jeb bush will be the next one to go.

Yeah Jeb! is just heading down the tubes. I would have guessed that he would be in a better position by now but he is truly not a very good candidate. I'll agree with Trump that he's "low energy"....he just doesn't have it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdCYMvaUcrA&feature=youtu.be

just look at his demeanor....god awful
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    I don't blame Kat for stepping in because we are all getting a little agitated. And I'm in the same boat regarding not knowing what's real and what's not considering whenever I pose a policy question, it's generally answered with an internet meme. Therefore, I'm not even going to address it any more. I'd love to have a real policy discussion with a Trump supporter but it's not happening anytime soon. So for now, I'll just ignore those comments and we can keep preaching to each other. For whatever that's worth.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    edited February 2016
    mrussel1 said:

I don't blame Kat for stepping in because we are all getting a little agitated. And I'm in the same boat regarding not knowing what's real and what's not considering whenever I pose a policy question, it's generally answered with an internet meme. Therefore, I'm not even going to address it any more. I'd love to have a real policy discussion with a Trump supporter but it's not happening anytime soon. So for now, I'll just ignore those comments and we can keep preaching to each other. For whatever that's worth.

Memes just seem lazy to me and typical of the snarky social media generation. Obviously not everyone that uses them but a reflection on society in general.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    edited February 2016
    Has someone read this yet? Very interesting.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/02/how-donald-trump-did-it-213581

And this, on the same issue.

http://www.salon.com/2016/02/01/donald_trump_is_a_fraud_report_confirms_the_billionaires_presidential_bid_is_a_long_and_calculated_con_job/

"Trump’s strategy is nearly perfect. On the one hand, he’s tapped into a vein of resentment in the country, and in a way no serious politician could. And on the other hand, he’s free to say whatever he wants, no matter how controversial, because doing so breathes more oxygen into his campaign. Even more advantageous, he’s entered the race at an ideal time. The public — for good reasons — no longer trusts Washington. Trump is a hack who can’t fix anything, but people make bad decisions when they’re anxious or angry, and Trump is offering them an alternative to the status quo. This is what demagogues do, and it usually works.
    As a candidate, Trump appears uncontainable. His risk tolerance is unmatched, and that gives him a freedom no other candidate enjoys. He can offend anyone, promise anything, and circumnavigate the entire process without ever having to apologize. Not apologizing, as the Politico writers note, only bolsters “a candidate who appeals to voters fed up with political correctness and establishment niceties.” It also forces the other candidates to play his game, to react to the tone he sets and the issues he raises.
    Everything Trump does has to be seen in the broader context of his media-centric strategy. No one should ask if Trump believes what he says; it’s impossible to know. If he does believe something he says, it’s a happy coincidence, because his campaign is an experiment in modern marketing, not an expression of his political worldview."
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • I am surprised there is so much hate for Trump. Who do most want to see as the Republican nominee? Are there Cruz supporters here? Some here sound as if they are.
    xhausted1 said:

I am surprised there is so much hate for Trump. Who do most want to see as the Republican nominee? Are there Cruz supporters here? Some here sound as if they are.

I doubt it. There are real concerns about Trump's narcissism, demagoguery and general lack of tangible solutions.
    Of the GOP, I could live with Rand. I have Libertarian sympathies and generally agree with his foreign policy. I am not an Ayn Rand admirer though. My libertarian streak has limits.
    Leezestar, I generally agree with this. he has no real principles except winning. I made a post last week saying this was just a con and we have no idea what he would really do.
  • ^^^
    It is not a con.
    He said from day one what he wants to do if he gets in.
    He probably won't be able to do it all but he has a huge following of the things he does platform on.

^^^
    It is not a con.
    He said from day one what he wants to do if he gets in.
    He probably won't be able to do it all but he has a huge following of the things he does platform on.

He cant deport the illegal aliens. It is not possible. Every politician knows it. The coalition that formed broke apart due to grass roots pressure, but those politicians knew a pathway to citizenship is the only solution.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,692
    Idea for Trump's motto:

"Make America Grate Again
    We're Out of Parmesan"

Woót!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJ_Soul said:

Did someone already post Trump's most recent tweet? I guess he's having another tantrum after losing to Cruz (and really, I empathize in a way - can you imagine losing to Cruz??). So I wonder what's not worth it? Sounds like he doesn't want it that much after all. :lol: Poor baby isn't feeling appreciated by the voters, oh no. :frowning: Oh man, what a stupid tweet! Especially since, as far as I can tell, he is not really self-financing. He is basically just loaning the money for the campaign, with plans to recoup the funds from donations later. Anyone know more about that?

"You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

• what did someone say?

trump didn't win?

imagine that.

zero plans, zero substance, and he is faking that he is religious. he lost by a closer margin than it should have been.

the saddest part to me is that respectable guys like Rand Paul bailed on the race and people like fiorina and until an hour ago santorum are still in it.

Yeah Jeb! is just heading down the tubes. I would have guessed that he would be in a better position by now but he is truly not a very good candidate. I'll agree with Trump that he's "low energy"....he just doesn't have it.

he is toast. the media has gotten ahold of this clip and they have run with it. he is almost pleading for support.

he can't quit though. it would embarrass daddy and big brother.

• InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

mrussel1 said:

Today, a mere six months after Social Security’s 80th anniversary, the program is insolvent. In 2014, it spent $63 billion more than it took in, and its future liabilities today exceed $26 trillion.

That's right. It's called the Baby Boomers. That's why there needs to be some changes to the SSA in order to get through this bubble and be ready for the next generation. Ideas include a means test and upping the age of max benefits. But changes need to be made. I'm not sure what Trump's solution is though. I'd love to hear how he plans to make it solvent. Since you're his local spokesperson, please let us know. I'm open to hearing good ideas.
    nobody knows his plans. that's why no one else can figure out why he has so much support. his entire platform "WINNING".

Yeah, that worked well for HIV Charlie Sheen didn't it?

what did someone say?

trump didn't win?

imagine that.

His support of the Flint,MI douchebag is the final nail in the coffin.
    mrussel1 said:

xhausted1 said:

I am surprised there is so much hate for Trump. Who do most want to see as the Republican nominee? Are there Cruz supporters here? Some here sound as if they are.

I doubt it. There are real concerns about Trump's narcissism, demagoguery and general lack of tangible solutions.
    Of the GOP, I could live with Rand. I have Libertarian sympathies and generally agree with his foreign policy. I am not an Ayn Rand admirer though. My libertarian streak has limits.
    I read in that Rolling Stone cover issue of Rush that even Ayn fan, Neil Peart, isn't too fond of Rand. I prefer his dad, to be honest, especially since he voted against Monsanto in the past.

mrussel1 said:

xhausted1 said:

I read in that Rolling Stone cover issue of Rush that even Ayn fan, Neil Peart, isn't too fond of Rand. I prefer his dad, to be honest, especially since he voted against Monsanto in the past.
    Ayn Rand was essentially for the individual, regardless of the impact to those around you. She was an atheist, which is fine, but she eschewed the things that I support about Christianity (peace, fellowship, charity, etc.) Others may disagree, but that's my problem with Ayn. I agree that I like Ron P. more. But the lack of social consciousness and the recognition that capitalism breeds inequality turns me off. It's where my libertarian streak ends.
  • mrussel1 said:

I commend you for having enough faith in humanity that you could have an actual policy discussion with a Trump supporter.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

xhausted1 said:

Ayn Rand was essentially for the individual, regardless of the impact to those around you. She was an atheist, which is fine, but she eschewed the things that I support about Christianity (peace, fellowship, charity, etc.) Others may disagree, but that's my problem with Ayn. I agree that I like Ron P. more. But the lack of social consciousness and the recognition that capitalism breeds inequality turns me off. It's where my libertarian streak ends.
    Yeah, her entire philosophy of objectivism is built on total and complete rationality from all of society in union. It's ridiculous really, it all makes perfect sense under conditions which could never exist.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

xhausted1 said:

Yeah, her entire philosophy of objectivism is built on total and complete rationality from all of society in union. It's ridiculous really, it all makes perfect sense under conditions which could never exist.
    Well said and couldn't agree more.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

xhausted1 said:

Yup, this is why I'm not an objectivist, although I am a small 'L' libertarian. Utopia isn't an option, and too many of Ayn Rand's premises require something approaching those perfect conditions you mention can't exist. I voted for Ron Paul a couple of times. I was less infatuated with Rand Paul because of his pandering to the tea party a while ago, but thought he was the best option the Republicans had. He was one of the only rational thinkers on the crazy train, and was the only one I trusted with foreign policy. Sorry to see his voice gone from the debates and policy discussions. That leaves me voting for Gary Johnson once he announces.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    edited February 2016
    jeffbr said:

rgambs said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

xhausted1 said:

Yup, this is why I'm not an objectivist, although I am a small 'L' libertarian. Utopia isn't an option, and too many of Ayn Rand's premises require something approaching those perfect conditions you mention can't exist. I voted for Ron Paul a couple of times. I was less infatuated with Rand Paul because of his pandering to the tea party a while ago, but thought he was the best option the Republicans had. He was one of the only rational thinkers on the crazy train, and was the only one I trusted with foreign policy. Sorry to see his voice gone from the debates and policy discussions. That leaves me voting for Gary Johnson once he announces.
    Gary Johnson is far too rational to run for president. Kidding.. I do like him and although I don't agree with some positions on the 2nd amendment and lowering the drinking age, I could get behind a lot of his ideas. Now I haven't heard him speak much at all, but I'm in line with many of his policy positions and just disagree around the edges.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Trump's advisers say they're happy to be perplexing. The Washington foreign policy establishment has no idea what to make of Trump's string of declarations, such as his promises to "take" the Islamic State's oil, force Mexico to pay for a wall on the southern U.S. border, or bar all Muslims from coming to the U.S.

"This whole notion that he is devoid of advisers is wrong. We have a lot of smart guys around us and a lot of smart people helping us," Sam Clovis, Trump's chief policy adviser, told me in an interview. "There's a lot more to this than what our opponents and the pundits think. We play them like a five-string banjo because at the end of the day, they are going to look stupid. We don't mind doing that."

WOOT

Trump's advisers also claim that Trump's wide-ranging foreign policy proposals, which include renegotiating the U.S.- Japan alliance treaty and outsourcing the Syria problem to the Russians, all fit into an easily understandable set of three "organizing principles" that form Trump's governing doctrine on foreign policy.

"One, we want to take a very clear worldview in our foreign policy, dealing with the national interest, and let that be our organizing principles. Two is that we want to make sure that we engage in free markets, but we want those markets to be fairer as well. And three, if we do not have strong economic recovery, we can't do the other two," said Clovis. "If that's not a Trump doctrine, I don't know what is."

WOOT

Trump wants to deal with states and governments, not non-state actors or international organizations. That, according to his advisers, is why he sometimes seems to praise strongmen who lead their states as executives with absolute power. Trump sees Putin and other dictators as businessmen doing what any CEO would do, fighting for their organization.

WOOT

Trump's foreign policy doctrine may be undecipherable from his public statements, and once articulated by his advisers it may be somewhat unsatisfying to experts. But it does exist. And it shows that as president, he would alter America's global role in major way.

WOOT

http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2016/02/the_trump_foreign_policy_doctr.html

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    great, he admires a corrupt dictator. that'll go over well.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

The Art of the Deal
    http://www.trumpnationallosangeles.com/

Great course, tuff, but great.

WOOT
This discussion has been closed.