The Donald for President

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    You're Fired.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    Who give a shit about his golf course. A great poet once said, "born on third, thinks he hit a triple".
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    ha. He has turned a million dollar loan into billions. If you doubt his ability as a businessman and discount what he has done simply by having a father who could and did give him a loan to get started, you have got blinders on. Oh, wait...duh
    the don'ts have don't a clue

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    edited February 2016

ha. He has turned a million dollar loan into billions. If you doubt his ability as a businessman and discount what he has done simply by having a father who could and did give him a loan to get started, you have got blinders on. Oh, wait...duh

His inheritance was somewhere between 40 and 70 million based on his father's net worth at the time. Based on inflation that would be worth 176 million today if he got the low end figure of 40 million.
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553

ha. being a good businessman does not necessarily translate into being a good president. especially how he seems to conduct business.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

eddiec said:

His inheritance was somewhere between 40 and 70 million based on his father's net worth at the time. Based on inflation that would be worth 176 million today if he got the low end figure of 40 million.
    I guess you didn't go to Wharton. Do a what inflation rate are you using? Hilarious.

Besides the erroneous math, he was well on his way when his father died in 1999. Chump Change.

BTW, Trump wants to get rid of the death tax. SMART AND FAIR

WOOT
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    edited February 2016

eddiec said:

I guess you didn't go to Wharton. Do a what inflation rate are you using? Hilarious.

Besides the erroneous math, he was well on his way when his father died in 1999. Chump Change.

WOOT
    I'm judging it by when he took over his father's company in the mid 70's.

From 1999 it would be close to a 100 million.

With his inheritance he has done no better than if he had invested the money in an S&P 500.

Saying he only inherited a million is way, way off.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    PA: Wrigley and Fenway tix are up for sale the lottery

eddiec said:

WOOT
    You're wasting your time in this argument. Either way, his financial success can't be disputed. But that has nothing to do with being an effective president. We can look at our first CEO president as evidence of that fact. My point is that it's a waste of time to try having an intelligent discussion with someone who uses memes as a communication or argument technique.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    edited February 2016

I 100% agree that he's a great businessman. You're absolutely right in saying that anyone who denies that has blinders on. I think talking about how he started in business with dad's money is a weak distraction from things that are actually worth talking about. Trump has been hugely successful in business and no playing around with half-truths and accusations of silver spoons in mouths can change that. My biggest issue with Trump, as demonstrated in that decent post you finally gave us, is his total willingness to lie through his teeth to the electorate because he sees them as morons (which most of them seem to be), and then is very happy to manipulate them through those lies and to just say whatever random shit he thinks will appeal to the dumbest Americans, no matter what he actually believes or plans to do. Forget about the idiots he is doing this for, just for a second. My concern is that he is so willing to use these tactics. It tells me that he has absolutely no moral standards, no personal limits when it comes to lying and manipulating people... and that kind of person is incredibly dangerous as a leader. Also, he's an even bigger megalomaniac than most politicians, and very likely dangerous when it comes to international relations. That is unacceptable.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • i hate whiney losers.

shut up and admit defeat.

woot.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Yeah, that is another obvious huge red flag with Trump. His temper tantrums on twitter are pretty outrageous and show an extreme lack of self-control and an inability to deal with opposition in a reasonable or mature way. These are also definitely not qualities suitable for being President. Not president of the student council, not president of a strata committee, and certainly not president of the USA.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    "I will bomb the hell out of ISIS"

WOOT
    eddiec said:

eddiec said:

WOOT
    I'm judging it by when he took over his father's company in the mid 70's.

From 1999 it would be close to a 100 million.

With his inheritance he has done no better than if he had invested the money in an S&P 500.

Saying he only inherited a million is way, way off.
    so far off on your math. it's really bad.
    edited February 2016
    imageand i never said anything about inheriting a million. woof
    Post edited by usamamasan1 on
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
  • "I will bomb the hell out of ISIS"

WOOT

so will hillary.

WOOT.

• KatKat Posts: 4,840
    As is President Obama and the coalition which includes Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates. Also Russia.
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/20/world/war-on-isis-whos-doing-what/
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Obama is now into bombing the JV league? Glad he is catching up to speed, finally.
  • KatKat Posts: 4,840
    Not a new thing. And I was curious so I looked for numbers of military personnel. I know how formidable our military is and have no fear of ISIS, who are small in comparison. Estimates I found were 80,000 fighters in ISIS and 1,369,532 active military personnel in the U.S. Seems pretty major league to me. Not buying into the fear tactics.
    Falling down,...not staying down

Obama is now into bombing the JV league? Glad he is catching up to speed, finally.

If you didn't know this already, I think you need to do a little research. This is common knowledge unless you've got blinders on.
    The power of the internet meme... so profound... the ability to sway opinion. I'm just astounded I hadn't articulated my arguments with them before. Had I known I could just use cartoons to influence people, I would have saved a lot of time.

Geezuz.

Yes. YEs. YES!!

This sums it up perfectly! It makes complete and perfect sense. Obama has had a minor setback or a major malfunction or something like that. Whatever it is... it's uncool. You can tell.

I think.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    "You know what the backbone of our country is? People that came here and came here legally ... and they worked their asses off."

President Trump
    Oh boy, Trump Force One had to make an emergency landing yesterday

Geezuz.

Yes. YEs. YES!!

This sums it up perfectly! It makes complete and perfect sense. Obama has had a minor setback or a major malfunction or something like that. Whatever it is... it's uncool. You can tell.

I think.
    is it any coincidence obama's hair in the picture on the right looks like trumps?

• InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

the don'ts have don't a clue

But enough about your Nazi messiah
  • TL170678TL170678 Posts: 422
    #Hilaryforprison
    Go Trump
This discussion has been closed.