The Donald for President

Comments

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

rr165892 said:

He will revert right back to his moderate quite liberal on social issue stance once he has the nomination.Right now he is pandering to the far right bible thumpers and the rest of the rep fringe.He will be right down the middle during the general election.He will have to be to go against the Libs.

If he does that he will become exactly what he says he isn't
    And this surprises you for a politician in a presidential election?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-endorsement-primary/

Endorsement Update:

Trump: 0
    Clinton: 458
    Bush: 51
    Cruz: 18
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    I'd be fine with that I'm A Jeb guy
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    edited January 2016

rr165892 said:

He will revert right back to his moderate quite liberal on social issue stance once he has the nomination.Right now he is pandering to the far right bible thumpers and the rest of the rep fringe.He will be right down the middle during the general election.He will have to be to go against the Libs.

He doesn't care. He will simply do or say whatever it takes to win and get his way. Anyone who actually believes a word that comes out of his mouth is a fool. He's happy to say the exact opposite of what he believes and to do a 180 on anything he's said in the past, as long as it somehow benefits him.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    rr165892 said:

I can live with Jeb or Kasich....maybe Christie

All are moderates regardless of the right wing BS that comes out of their mouths.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177

rr165892 said:

I can live with Jeb or Kasich....maybe Christie

All are moderates regardless of the right wing BS that comes out of their mouths.
    Agree with your last sentence. I could live with Jeb, Kasich or Paul. Christie proclaimed he'll be a drug warrior in CO and WA if elected.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    Yeah Christie lost any support from me when he proclaimed"the pot party is over". Talk about being out of touch.
    But I'm with you guys on any of the above.When ally said and done I think a moderate gets the nod.
    rr165892 said:

Yeah Christie lost any support from me when he proclaimed"the pot party is over". Talk about being out of touch.
    But I'm with you guys on any of the above.When ally said and done I think a moderate gets the nod.

Yeah, reply stupid. If it weren't for that in would consider Christy the only viable GOP candidate, because otherwise he's very reasonable. But anyone who wants to continue "the war on drugs" like that is an idiot.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

I don't tweet, but I saw online Cher's tweet from the other day.

Trump NOT Doing FOX Debate Cause Of MEGAN KELLY Some1 Get Him TOE SHOES, fkng PRIMA DONNA. HOW CAN HE FACE ISIS,HE CANT FACE A CHICK ON
    TV.

An ignorant tweet. Trump has by far done more interviews and taken more questions than any candidate. Hilary barely ever fields a question from the media.
    I guess you're missing the specific point the tweet is making? Has nothing to do with what you're talking about.
    Well, she is saying he is scared to face a woman on TV. I am saying he is not scared to face her as evidenced by the countless interviews he does all over television to male and female newspersons. He just doesn't respect her and has no reason to go to the debate. IT worked out well for him and a lot of money will go to veterans associations that aren't too petty and politically biased to accept it.

But if I missed the point of the tweet let me know what it is.
    It's just that Cher was making a specific point about Trump not being able to handle tough questions from a strong woman.... actually, on a certain level I agree with her. He definitely doesn't seem to handle being pissed off or challenged by a female. I do believe he's a huge sexist pig, and in the end that's what Cher is saying.
    You read a lot into that tweet. He has been interviewed by woman all the time on television. Why would he be scared of Megan Kelly? His poll numbers went up after the last debate she moderated. She was the one who came out looking biased. Like any rational person would do he looked out at two alternatives:

1) Do a debate with a moderator who disrespects him along with not really needing the debate to boost poll numbers, or

2) Host his own event and raise money for charity. Some good will come out of the night.

I liked his decision making and the outcome. If Obama did this in 2008 and skipped a Fox News debate to do a charitable event, he would be hailed a man of the people. Some of you can't understand why he is winning and this is a perfect example. Who the hell has skipped a debate? Who does that? Well, if you want someone to come in and shake up Washington then he might be someone who has the guts to do that. Maybe he is a good negotiator and has a talent for coming up with out of the box ideas that could help. You all actually believe he wants to deport all illegals and not allow Muslims in this country. That is the funny thing in this.
    Because she challenged him and ruffled his feathers more than other women in the media have and he can't handle it. That is the point. The fact that he has spoken to other women isn't relevant. I don't think I am reading a lot into that tweet at all. I think Cher's inference inferences pretty obvious (perhaps it is "woman speak", hahaha). I'm not saying I specifically agree with Cher, but just with the inference: Trump is a chauvinist pig.
    Trump went on national tv and said he proposes shutting down immigration of Muslims for a period of time. He went on national tv and said he is deporting the illegal immigrants back to latin America. He went on national tv and said Mexico will pay to build a wall.

Yeah, this seems like the type of guy who is scared to answer a few questions from Megan Kelly. That is a ludicrous assertion.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    brianlux said:

Seriously, this is part of the problem. Everyone is so polarized that they can't give an inch. I'm not saying Trump's policies are spot on. All I'm saying is that he is probably the most accessible candidate in a long time and will give 30 minute interviews several times a day to anyone who will listen whether they are NBC, CNN or Fox. But hey, you all hate him so you can't even give him credit for answering just about every question asked of him moreso than every other candidate (whether you like the answers or not). It is the same old story on this board.

He pulled out of the Fox debate and raised money for charity and you think he was scared. Have you not followed his campaign at all? He got even more free publicity and his followers liked him even more for what he did in pulling out of the debate. He wasn't scared, he is just smart at marketing himself. He only needs spend to money on jet fuel for his campaign and he gets away it with because of doing things like he just did. I think it is awesome that a candidate thinks "why do I need to debate?". Change the status quo. If he was scared he wouldn't take chances and would campaign like everyone else (perhaps like Clinton who is the most scared politician out there).

The problem is you can't give man like Trump an inch when he's off by a mile. Or a thousand miles?
    But my point has nothing to do with Trump's politics. It strictly related to Cher's tweet and defending why I thought it was ignorant. I'm not asking you to give an inch on his ideas if you don't like them, but give an inch towards the reality that Trump is not operating a campaign out of fear of getting asked challenging questions. Compared to Hilary, Trump is the toughest politician of all time. Hilary would go weeks without answering a reporters question.

We all have our biases but this is an obvious situation where bias comes into play and blinds you from acknowledging the Trump, while you agree or disagree with him, makes himself available to the media and opens himself up to questions more than any other candidate. He kicked the Mexican reporter out of his press conference but he brought him back in and answered the guy's questions. Morning Joe has cut him off a few times but he'll come back on and still do 30 minutes more of interview.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,692

rr165892 said:

Exactly. And we don't need politicians who can't stand firm on what they believe. We won't see someone like Bernie Sanders or Jill Stein waffling and bullshitting like that.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

rr165892 said:

Exactly. And we don't need politicians who can't stand firm on what they believe. We won't see someone like Bernie Sanders or Jill Stein waffling and bullshitting like that.
    Bri you won't have to worry about that anyway.No way he gets the nomination.Just to radical for the gen pop.
    rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

rr165892 said:

Bri you won't have to worry about that anyway.No way he gets the nomination.Just to radical for the gen pop.
    I ain't givin' up yet on ol' Bern, rr!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• This shit is funny.
    America has an election this year that determines world power.
    The only power being talked about is Trump.
    Where are the fringe voters to shut Trump down? - a few on AMT doesn't count.
    Trump is in a serious position to win the race.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962

This shit is funny.

Fringe voters are who are supporting Trump. He has no chance of winning. I wrote in a different Trump thread about my theory that 20% of the American population are ignorant. This is the 20% that is supporting Trump:
    18% think Obama is Muslim (aug 2010)
    33% reject evolution (April 2013)
    29% agree with the tea party (Sept 2010)
    15% think Iraq was directly involved with 9/11 (2011).
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

This shit is funny.

That isn't how it works.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?

This shit is funny.

This post really shows how far removed you are from reality.

• Maybe your country needs a billionaire in power for awhile. It might show a different perspective of leadership.
    He will have the power to do and not do what he wants, even with congress impeding him.
    Why is it so hard for America to admit he is a very powerful and influential man.
    Egomaniac? so what?

Maybe your country needs a billionaire in power for awhile. It might show a different perspective of leadership.
    He will have the power to do and not do what he wants, even with congress impeding him.
    Why is it so hard for America to admit he is a very powerful and influential man.
    Egomaniac? so what?

Are you actually advocating for a dictatorship???
    Wow.

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

I don't tweet, but I saw online Cher's tweet from the other day.

Trump NOT Doing FOX Debate Cause Of MEGAN KELLY Some1 Get Him TOE SHOES, fkng PRIMA DONNA. HOW CAN HE FACE ISIS,HE CANT FACE A CHICK ON
    TV.

An ignorant tweet. Trump has by far done more interviews and taken more questions than any candidate. Hilary barely ever fields a question from the media.
    I guess you're missing the specific point the tweet is making? Has nothing to do with what you're talking about.
    Well, she is saying he is scared to face a woman on TV. I am saying he is not scared to face her as evidenced by the countless interviews he does all over television to male and female newspersons. He just doesn't respect her and has no reason to go to the debate. IT worked out well for him and a lot of money will go to veterans associations that aren't too petty and politically biased to accept it.

But if I missed the point of the tweet let me know what it is.
    It's just that Cher was making a specific point about Trump not being able to handle tough questions from a strong woman.... actually, on a certain level I agree with her. He definitely doesn't seem to handle being pissed off or challenged by a female. I do believe he's a huge sexist pig, and in the end that's what Cher is saying.
    You read a lot into that tweet. He has been interviewed by woman all the time on television. Why would he be scared of Megan Kelly? His poll numbers went up after the last debate she moderated. She was the one who came out looking biased. Like any rational person would do he looked out at two alternatives:

1) Do a debate with a moderator who disrespects him along with not really needing the debate to boost poll numbers, or

2) Host his own event and raise money for charity. Some good will come out of the night.

I liked his decision making and the outcome. If Obama did this in 2008 and skipped a Fox News debate to do a charitable event, he would be hailed a man of the people. Some of you can't understand why he is winning and this is a perfect example. Who the hell has skipped a debate? Who does that? Well, if you want someone to come in and shake up Washington then he might be someone who has the guts to do that. Maybe he is a good negotiator and has a talent for coming up with out of the box ideas that could help. You all actually believe he wants to deport all illegals and not allow Muslims in this country. That is the funny thing in this.
    Because she challenged him and ruffled his feathers more than other women in the media have and he can't handle it. That is the point. The fact that he has spoken to other women isn't relevant. I don't think I am reading a lot into that tweet at all. I think Cher's inference inferences pretty obvious (perhaps it is "woman speak", hahaha). I'm not saying I specifically agree with Cher, but just with the inference: Trump is a chauvinist pig.
    Trump went on national tv and said he proposes shutting down immigration of Muslims for a period of time. He went on national tv and said he is deporting the illegal immigrants back to latin America. He went on national tv and said Mexico will pay to build a wall.

Yeah, this seems like the type of guy who is scared to answer a few questions from Megan Kelly. That is a ludicrous assertion.
    I didn't say it wasn't a stupid tweet. I was just clarifying the point Cher is trying to make because it seemed you missed it (and maybe still are??).

Maybe your country needs a billionaire in power for awhile. It might show a different perspective of leadership.
    Egomaniac? so what?

We already have billionaires in power...that's the problem

Egomaniac? so what?

Yeah really. No shit, eh? PJFan, Wtf?
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    rgambs said:

Egomaniac? so what?

Are you actually advocating for a dictatorship???
    Wow.
    Fitting that the only one here to passive aggressively troll Bowie and Rickman obituary threads is so in love with Kim Jong Trump.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    Trump sucks, but he is not afraid of anyone, Megan Kelly included. That was a power play to show the media he does what he wants without consequence. Nothing more.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Trump sucks, but he is not afraid of anyone, Megan Kelly included. That was a power play to show the media he does what he wants without consequence. Nothing more.

I don't think so, Trump runs his mouth like a scaredy cat baby bully.
    People without fear don't feel the need to belittle others like Chump does.
    Trump is the new Sarah Palin. Soon to be relegated to fodder for comedy impersonations on SNL... but not to be installed into the office of the presidency.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    rgambs said:

I don't think so, Trump runs his mouth like a scaredy cat baby bully.
    People without fear don't feel the need to belittle others like Chump does.
    I would normally agree with that, but I honestly believe that Trump does it because he truly believes the shit he says, not because he is insecure.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    edited January 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWxMCLHXkVc

The USFL only lasted 3 years under Trump. Really want him to run the USA for 4?
    (Hilariously fitting background tune at the beginning of the trailer!)
  • PJ_Soul said:

Egomaniac? so what?

Even though he rubs even some of the most seasoned Republicans in congress the wrong way if he gets the nod and makes it to the whitehouse he would have a mostly Republic congress.
    The very same congress that constantly impeded Obama just for the sake of doing it at times.
    If trump is in power he will either veto the congress decisions if they are against him or he will have a fullhouse to trump every bill he sees fit.
    He openly states what he will do if he wins and if he is unclear on other issues as to what he will do then I call that a normal part of campaign running - keep your opponents guessing while picking up votes with what you do promise along the way.
    I know there are billionaires in power but when you are living in the %1 your words and actions have an immediate effect on the public.
    So much so that maybe the strings that pull all of us are getting tired and have to come on the stage for awhile.

PJ_Soul said:

Egomaniac? so what?

Even though he rubs even some of the most seasoned Republicans in congress the wrong way if he gets the nod and makes it to the whitehouse he would have a mostly Republic congress.
    The very same congress that constantly impeded Obama just for the sake of doing it at times.
    If trump is in power he will either veto the congress decisions if they are against him or he will have a fullhouse to trump every bill he sees fit.
    He openly states what he will do if he wins and if he is unclear on other issues as to what he will do then I call that a normal part of campaign running - keep your opponents guessing while picking up votes with what you do promise along the way.
    I know there are billionaires in power but when you are living in the %1 your words and actions have an immediate effect on the public.
    So much so that maybe the strings that pull all of us are getting tired and have to come on the stage for awhile.
    Only it's easier to run a puppet show from behind the curtains than it is on stage. No doubt the puppet masters are well aware of that.

This discussion has been closed.