The Donald for President

Comments

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

Eddie was also good friends with a Ramone who famously said, right next to him at RRHOF, "god bless george bush". friends are allowed to have differing political affiliations, if I'm not mistaken.

Sometimes music is thicker than politics.

Besides, I'd rather hang out with any Ramone than a liberal douche like Penn. Your behavior makes you who you are (pun intended) not your party.
    Well now your talking.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited January 2016
    I don't tweet, but I saw online Cher's tweet from the other day.

Trump NOT Doing FOX Debate Cause Of MEGAN KELLY Some1 Get Him TOE SHOES, fkng PRIMA DONNA. HOW CAN HE FACE ISIS,HE CANT FACE A CHICK ON
    TV.

• usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    "Donald Trump can't come up with a hairstyle that looks human, how can he come up with a plan to defeat ISIS,"
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    Cher concluded by saying she will "move to Jupiter" of Trump is elected and ended her rant with a simple:

"He's a loudmouth Bigot."

Cher on Jupiter WOOT
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    He is splintering the GOP Party as we speak they are undoing themselves everyday , this is history in the making !!!!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    This event is a joke this is who might be president of this country oh my lol lol lol this guy is a fucking nut case
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672

I look forward to the next endorsements for trump...

Dustin Diamond
    Gary Glitter
    Dennis Hastert
    Anthony Weiner
    Oliver North
    Pope Benedict
    David Duke
    Jeff Schoep
    Rocky Suhayda

Anthony Weiner?
    http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/anthony-weiner-unraveling-094940
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,692

He is splintering the GOP Party as we speak they are undoing themselves everyday , this is history in the making !!!!

This is so true! Every WOOT! for the Trump is a WHOOPS! for the Republican Party.

WOOP DE DOO!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

I look forward to the next endorsements for trump...

Dustin Diamond
    Gary Glitter
    Dennis Hastert
    Anthony Weiner
    Oliver North
    Pope Benedict
    David Duke
    Jeff Schoep
    Rocky Suhayda

Anthony Weiner?
    http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/anthony-weiner-unraveling-094940
    Just makes me even more glad he lost last year. Forget the multiple dick pic scandals. He's a pathetic DINO just for that.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    edited January 2016
    Free said:

Trump NOT Doing FOX Debate Cause Of MEGAN KELLY Some1 Get Him TOE SHOES, fkng PRIMA DONNA. HOW CAN HE FACE ISIS,HE CANT FACE A CHICK ON
    TV.

An ignorant tweet. Trump has by far done more interviews and taken more questions than any candidate. Hilary barely ever fields a question from the media.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891

Free said:

TV.

An ignorant tweet. Trump has by far done more interviews and taken more questions than any candidate. Hilary barely ever fields a question from the media.
    I guess you're missing the specific point the tweet is making? Has nothing to do with what you're talking about.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited January 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

TV.

I guess you're missing the specific point the tweet is making? Has nothing to do with what you're talking about.
    Well, she is saying he is scared to face a woman on TV. I am saying he is not scared to face her as evidenced by the countless interviews he does all over television to male and female newspersons. He just doesn't respect her and has no reason to go to the debate. IT worked out well for him and a lot of money will go to veterans associations that aren't too petty and politically biased to accept it.

But if I missed the point of the tweet let me know what it is.

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

TV.

Well, she is saying he is scared to face a woman on TV. I am saying he is not scared to face her as evidenced by the countless interviews he does all over television to male and female newspersons. He just doesn't respect her and has no reason to go to the debate. IT worked out well for him and a lot of money will go to veterans associations that aren't too petty and politically biased to accept it.

It's just that Cher was making a specific point about Trump not being able to handle tough questions from a strong woman.... actually, on a certain level I agree with her. He definitely doesn't seem to handle being pissed off or challenged by a female. I do believe he's a huge sexist pig, and in the end that's what Cher is saying.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

TV.

The money is going to his foundation, which gives more money to Citizens United than veterans groups.
    He is ducking her plain and simple, you can't run and hide like that and pretend to be a tough guy.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited January 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

TV.

It's just that Cher was making a specific point about Trump not being able to handle tough questions from a strong woman.... actually, on a certain level I agree with her. He definitely doesn't seem to handle being pissed off or challenged by a female. I do believe he's a huge sexist pig, and in the end that's what Cher is saying.
    You read a lot into that tweet. He has been interviewed by woman all the time on television. Why would he be scared of Megan Kelly? His poll numbers went up after the last debate she moderated. She was the one who came out looking biased. Like any rational person would do he looked out at two alternatives:

1) Do a debate with a moderator who disrespects him along with not really needing the debate to boost poll numbers, or

2) Host his own event and raise money for charity. Some good will come out of the night.

I liked his decision making and the outcome. If Obama did this in 2008 and skipped a Fox News debate to do a charitable event, he would be hailed a man of the people. Some of you can't understand why he is winning and this is a perfect example. Who the hell has skipped a debate? Who does that? Well, if you want someone to come in and shake up Washington then he might be someone who has the guts to do that. Maybe he is a good negotiator and has a talent for coming up with out of the box ideas that could help. You all actually believe he wants to deport all illegals and not allow Muslims in this country. That is the funny thing in this.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

Free said:

TV.

You are to ignorant what Vizzini is to inconceivable.

Free said:

TV.

You are to ignorant what Vizzini is to inconceivable.
    Hilarious. Now tell me how I'm wrong.
    Gimme a "D"

D!!

Gimme an "o"

O!!

Gimme an ...

ah, forget it!

:lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

edited January 2016
    Seriously, this is part of the problem. Everyone is so polarized that they can't give an inch. I'm not saying Trump's policies are spot on. All I'm saying is that he is probably the most accessible candidate in a long time and will give 30 minute interviews several times a day to anyone who will listen whether they are NBC, CNN or Fox. But hey, you all hate him so you can't even give him credit for answering just about every question asked of him moreso than every other candidate (whether you like the answers or not). It is the same old story on this board.

He pulled out of the Fox debate and raised money for charity and you think he was scared. Have you not followed his campaign at all? He got even more free publicity and his followers liked him even more for what he did in pulling out of the debate. He wasn't scared, he is just smart at marketing himself. He only needs spend to money on jet fuel for his campaign and he gets away it with because of doing things like he just did. I think it is awesome that a candidate thinks "why do I need to debate?". Change the status quo. If he was scared he wouldn't take chances and would campaign like everyone else (perhaps like Clinton who is the most scared politician out there).

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
    Bootleggers right.
    Trump is doing stuff no other candidate has been able to pull off.Ever!
    Take policy and your bias out of it and look at the campaign strategy.It is resonating,it's dominates all news cycles and the dude monopolizes press ops anytime they can.
    I think moving forward this campaign has changed the rules.

Seriously, this is part of the problem. Everyone is so polarized that they can't give an inch. I'm not saying Trump's policies are spot on. All I'm saying is that he is probably the most accessible candidate in a long time and will give 30 minute interviews several times a day to anyone who will listen whether they are NBC, CNN or Fox. But hey, you all hate him so you can't even give him credit for answering just about every question asked of him moreso than every other candidate (whether you like the answers or not). It is the same old story on this board.

He pulled out of the Fox debate and raised money for charity and you think he was scared. Have you not followed his campaign at all? He got even more free publicity and his followers liked him even more for what he did in pulling out of the debate. He wasn't scared, he is just smart at marketing himself. He only needs spend to money on jet fuel for his campaign and he gets away it with because of doing things like he just did. I think it is awesome that a candidate thinks "why do I need to debate?". Change the status quo. If he was scared he wouldn't take chances and would campaign like everyone else (perhaps like Clinton who is the most scared politician out there).

The problem is you can't give man like Trump an inch when he's off by a mile. Or a thousand miles?

rr165892 said:

Bootleggers right.
    Take policy and your bias out of it and look at the campaign strategy.It is resonating,it's dominates all news cycles and the dude monopolizes press ops anytime they can.

They said the same thing about Sarah Palin:

"What a Maverick!"
    "Nobody's ever been as bold as her!"
    "Bold new ideas! "Etc.!"

Now anyone with any sense sees her as a buffoon. The same will happen with Trump. Big time.

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

TV.

You read a lot into that tweet. He has been interviewed by woman all the time on television. Why would he be scared of Megan Kelly? His poll numbers went up after the last debate she moderated. She was the one who came out looking biased. Like any rational person would do he looked out at two alternatives:

1) Do a debate with a moderator who disrespects him along with not really needing the debate to boost poll numbers, or

2) Host his own event and raise money for charity. Some good will come out of the night.

I liked his decision making and the outcome. If Obama did this in 2008 and skipped a Fox News debate to do a charitable event, he would be hailed a man of the people. Some of you can't understand why he is winning and this is a perfect example. Who the hell has skipped a debate? Who does that? Well, if you want someone to come in and shake up Washington then he might be someone who has the guts to do that. Maybe he is a good negotiator and has a talent for coming up with out of the box ideas that could help. You all actually believe he wants to deport all illegals and not allow Muslims in this country. That is the funny thing in this.
    He did make this statement where he wants a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.”
    So you believe what he says, but then say we shouldn't believe what he says? Is this one of his "out of the box ideas that could help"?
    rr165892 said:

Bootleggers right.

Absolutely true, but not at all something to celebrate. What he's pulling off has been done time and time again, by dangerous demagogues like Hitler, Mussolini, Franco, McCarthy, etc.
    He is taking America down a dangerous path toward idiocy and hatred.
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

Bootleggers right.

Absolutely true, but not at all something to celebrate. What he's pulling off has been done time and time again, by dangerous demagogues like Hitler, Mussolini, Franco, McCarthy, etc.
    I agree with this. Sure, Trump is doing what politicians don't do. Great. But why are his fans so blatantly ignoring the hatred he spews, in favor for whatever it is that attracts support? Is he merely gathering the troops who have the hatred in themselves? Or do people simply not care? Scary.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    Free said:

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

Bootleggers right.

I agree with this. Sure, Trump is doing what politicians don't do. Great. But why are his fans so blatantly ignoring the hatred he spews, in favor for whatever it is that attracts support? Is he merely gathering the troops who have the hatred in themselves? Or do people simply not care? Scary.
    That's his base. It's really odd but be assured that there are not enough of them to get him the win.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    edited January 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Free said:

TV.

Because she challenged him and ruffled his feathers more than other women in the media have and he can't handle it. That is the point. The fact that he has spoken to other women isn't relevant. I don't think I am reading a lot into that tweet at all. I think Cher's inference inferences pretty obvious (perhaps it is "woman speak", hahaha). I'm not saying I specifically agree with Cher, but just with the inference: Trump is a chauvinist pig.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    He will revert right back to his moderate quite liberal on social issue stance once he has the nomination.Right now he is pandering to the far right bible thumpers and the rest of the rep fringe.He will be right down the middle during the general election.He will have to be to go against the Libs.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    rr165892 said:

He will revert right back to his moderate quite liberal on social issue stance once he has the nomination.Right now he is pandering to the far right bible thumpers and the rest of the rep fringe.He will be right down the middle during the general election.He will have to be to go against the Libs.

If he does that he will become exactly what he says he isn't
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
This discussion has been closed.