The Donald for President

Comments

• FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited January 2016

I have always found it interesting that some liberals show such disdain for people that support Donald Trump. Using words like ignorant, abrasive, uneducated (these are the nice terms used). I would think that liberals would be kinder to these people because they don't have access to education and thus apparently cannot determine who is a good candidate and a bad candidate. This is the bread and butter for who liberals fight for: the poor person who doesn't get the proper education. Instead though, that person is ridiculed.

It is the same way that some liberals make fun of people that shop at Wal-Mart. They profess to be for the common man/woman. Guess what? The common man/woman shops at Wal-Mart.

It definitely goes both ways. The Divided States of America. However, there's something about the people who stand for Trump, the people who he hates and has admitted it. Women, minorities, foreigners. I admit I have disdain for those who support him when they KNOW that he hates them. Why in the world, wouldthese people support the man???

Edit: I don't really have disdain for these people, I realize. More confusion than anything. And pity. They should know better .
    Post edited by Free on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    edited January 2016

true, but republicans often insult liberals as being "sheep" and "being fed the kool aid", "hopey changey wimps", in other words, also being stupid. not to mention "unamerican", "traitor", etc. I can go on.

I don't see hopey changey wimps as an insult. :)

Agree. Just commenting on the difference in perception of the two parties. Liberals are the party of inclusion if you are poor, uneducated and vote democratic. If you are poor, uneducated and vote Republican then you are basically considered a gun-toting, in-bred racist by the far-left liberal base.

true, but republicans often insult liberals as being "sheep" and "being fed the kool aid", "hopey changey wimps", in other words, also being stupid. not to mention "unamerican", "traitor", etc. I can go on.

Agree. Just commenting on the difference in perception of the two parties. Liberals are the party of inclusion if you are poor, uneducated and vote democratic. If you are poor, uneducated and vote Republican then you are basically considered a gun-toting, in-bred racist by the far-left liberal base.
    You're choosing not to see the other side however...
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    handouts
    edited January 2016
    Free said:

You're choosing not to see the other side however...
    What??? I said "agree". I'm basically say that person A hates cheese and gets made fun of it, but person B hates cheese too and does not get made fun of it. I'm not saying person A doesn't hate cheese, but am saying that person B hates cheese too and doesn't get called out for it like person A.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553

handouts

communist is another good one.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

I see that now.
    edited January 2016
    But still, my first point was Donald Trump is beating Fox News. Not many have done that and I don't think it is blind luck. Trump knows the people that like him like him because he says what he thinks and he exudes nothing but confidence. They like him because they think he is not scared of any leader and isn't going to bow out in a negotiation (for example, paying ransom to Iran). So, he knows that he can say whatever he wants about Fox News (which his supporters are generally fans of) and still increase his support because it is an example of why people like him to begin with. Roger Ailes does not like to lose and he is getting beat by one man.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    How is Trump beating FOX News? Are they falling in the ratings because of this? Because I'm guessing that is the only metric that they really care about.

But still, my first point was Donald Trump is beating Fox News. Not many have done that and I don't think it is blind luck. Trump knows the people that like him like him because he says what he thinks and he exudes nothing but confidence. They like him because they think he is not scared of any leader and isn't going to bow out in a negotiation (for example, paying ransom to Iran). So, he knows that he can say whatever he wants about Fox News (which his supporters are generally fans of) and still increase his support because it is an example of why people like him to begin with. Roger Ailes does not like to lose and he is getting beat by one man.

I think is one of his main selling points. Most, if not all, politicians at that level, dem or rep, are considered by the general public to be feeding at someone's trough. Trump's supporters believe he answers to no one, and they may well be correct. But that alone doesn't make a good leader, especially one of the most powerful in the world.

interesting that in the maclean's article I was reading two days ago about Trump, is that even political experts are baffled at how his poll numbers are. many of them said the same thing; "his rise and popularity defies all political logic".

www.headstonesband.com

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

He has been on Fox News 150 times since the first debate, and the Fox crew is rallying around Kelly. I don't think he's beating them, he's burrning the only bridge he will have in the general.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Dear Usmamasan1,

With just 5 short days before the Iowa Caucus, Mr. Trump will be holding a special event tomorrow night to benefit Veteran Organizations at Drake University - Sheslow Auditorium and we want you to be there! The address of the venue is 2507 Carpenter Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50311. The doors will open at 5:00 p.m. and the event will begin at 7:00 p.m.

Register for tickets at TrumpDrakeU.Eventbrite.com.

Please arrive early and limit personal items to expedite entrance into the auditorium.

We hope that you will be able to attend this special rally in honor of our veterans. See you tomorrow!

Sincerely,

Team Trump

WOOT!
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    The draft dodger loves veterans....got it
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited January 2016

The draft dodger loves veterans....got it

Just the ones who didn't get captured.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    just an observation.....donald's "make america great again" hats are about the cheapest pieces of shit you might see.

made in china?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    mrussel1 said:

I thought it couldn't get eddie vedder, but Trump has Norman's endorsement too!

The president of the Corrections Officers Union? Really? That's powerful stuff. The dominoes are really falling now. Joe Apraio, Fallwell, Sarah Palin. Wow. This is a joke, right? You must be spamming.
    Ffs, Darth Cheney of all people even bashed him recently. When your too far right for Cheney, you know you screwed up big time.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    Gotta admit, the guy is a fox.
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    imalive said:

just an observation.....donald's "make america great again" hats are about the cheapest pieces of shit you might see.

made in china?

I bet they are.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,672
    Joe Arpaio
    Ted Nugent
    Jerry Falwell jr.
    Donald Trump

Thats quite a list of racist xenophobes
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Free said:

I have always found it interesting that some liberals show such disdain for people that support Donald Trump. Using words like ignorant, abrasive, uneducated (these are the nice terms used). I would think that liberals would be kinder to these people because they don't have access to education and thus apparently cannot determine who is a good candidate and a bad candidate. This is the bread and butter for who liberals fight for: the poor person who doesn't get the proper education. Instead though, that person is ridiculed.

It is the same way that some liberals make fun of people that shop at Wal-Mart. They profess to be for the common man/woman. Guess what? The common man/woman shops at Wal-Mart.

Why in the world, wouldthese people support the man???

r .
    Fear, insecurity, animal nature.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG

"unlike the very stupid, incompetent people running this country into the ground...."

what a class act.

www.headstonesband.com

"unlike the very stupid, incompetent people running this country into the ground...."

what a class act.
    It's something you can't buy, dignity.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    rgambs said:

what a class act.
    or class.
    eddiec said:

rgambs said:

what a class act.
    or class.
    No doubt.
    rr165892 said:

imalive said:

made in china?

I bet they are.
    knockoffs are made in China.

I have the navy/white, gold,white and the orange/camo (which is different brand, super dope)
    More endorsements....woot!

“What is the point of talking about abortion or anything else -- unless you get Donald Trump in to build the wall, deport illegals, end this ‘anchor baby’ nonsense, stop importing 100,000 Muslims a year in addition to 2 million Third Worlders per year,” Coulter said. “It’s madness what this country has been doing.”

Asked which presidential candidate he most wanted to fight, Hogan responded, “I don’t want to be in the ring with any candidates. I want to be Trump’s running mate.”image
    "I only want @realDonaldTrump to win so to smite some of my enemies, kill the politically correct, and basically make America great again!"
    “I think [Trump] has really woken America up," Rocker said. "I’m probably as disheartened as everyone else is, as Trump supporters seem to be, with the status quo and the glad-handing politicians and the soundbite politicians always looking for the right comment to make and walking that fine line, trying to make every single faction out there who could be a possible voter, don’t make anybody mad and wear kid gloves.”

More endorsements....woot!

“What is the point of talking about abortion or anything else -- unless you get Donald Trump in to build the wall, deport illegals, end this ‘anchor baby’ nonsense, stop importing 100,000 Muslims a year in addition to 2 million Third Worlders per year,” Coulter said. “It’s madness what this country has been doing.”

Asked which presidential candidate he most wanted to fight, Hogan responded, “I don’t want to be in the ring with any candidates. I want to be Trump’s running mate.”image
    "I only want @realDonaldTrump to win so to smite some of my enemies, kill the politically correct, and basically make America great again!"
    “I think [Trump] has really woken America up," Rocker said. "I’m probably as disheartened as everyone else is, as Trump supporters seem to be, with the status quo and the glad-handing politicians and the soundbite politicians always looking for the right comment to make and walking that fine line, trying to make every single faction out there who could be a possible voter, don’t make anybody mad and wear kid gloves.”

Hahaha celebrity whores, athletes, and nutjobs...now I know you are trolling lol nobody is that low!

Don't forget about this endorsement...
    In July, he delivered his endorsement over Twitter. Trump "has been a great friend for many years," he wrote. "We don't need another politician, we need a businessman like Mr. Trump!"

This discussion has been closed.