The Donald for President

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,692
    Thanks for proving my point.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    brianlux said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

Keep on stroking each other off here boys....
    Perhaps some of you will actually leave this once great country if The Don Gets the nomination and Wins like some celebrities have said they would... boy if it were that simple to get rid of Libbies:)

You still have yet to offer an argument of substance. I have no problems with conservatives that are thoughtful. You have yet to qualify.
    I have given up arguing on here a long time ago Pal. I am just a sniper now who chimes in here and there. Some people call it trolling since I always seem to support the wrong team in these very entertaining circle jerk sessions.
    I can't recall anyone here ever referring to you posts as trolling. You stand your ground and that's cool. But the way you word your post here, calling these threads circle jerks, is unfair. The vast majority of us here simply speak our own minds. One or two here maybe play games with our heads... but only if we let them.
    Good point, I have always been a bit rough around the edges and is a flaw of mine .
    muskydan said:

brianlux said:

muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

Perhaps some of you will actually leave this once great country if The Don Gets the nomination and Wins like some celebrities have said they would... boy if it were that simple to get rid of Libbies:)

You still have yet to offer an argument of substance. I have no problems with conservatives that are thoughtful. You have yet to qualify.
    I have given up arguing on here a long time ago Pal. I am just a sniper now who chimes in here and there. Some people call it trolling since I always seem to support the wrong team in these very entertaining circle jerk sessions.
    I can't recall anyone here ever referring to you posts as trolling. You stand your ground and that's cool. But the way you word your post here, calling these threads circle jerks, is unfair. The vast majority of us here simply speak our own minds. One or two here maybe play games with our heads... but only if we let them.
    Good point, I have always been a bit rough around the edges and is a flaw of mine .
    No worries, we all have flaws (I know I do!). And as they say, "Perfect doesn't exist and normal is boring".
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    It just doesn't get eddie vedder than this...

Rudy Giuliani: Between Trump and Cruz, ‘I’d Vote for Trump’

• dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    I had to look up Joe Arpaio, never heard of him. And yikes, is this an endorsement anyone would want?

So this was the first thing that came up

Joseph Michael "Joe" Arpaio (born June 14, 1932) has, since 1993, been the elected sheriff of Maricopa County, Arizona.

Arpaio styles himself as "America's Toughest Sheriff." He has been accused of abuse of power, misuse of funds, failure to investigate sex crimes, improper clearance of cases, unlawful enforcement of immigration laws, and election law violations, amongst others. He has been found guilty of racial profiling in federal court, with a monitor appointed to oversee his office's operations. His jails have twice been ruled unconstitutional. The U.S. Department of Justice concluded that Arpaio oversaw the worst pattern of racial profiling in U.S. history, and subsequently filed suit against him for unlawful discriminatory police conduct. As of September 2015, cases involving Arpaio or his office have cost Maricopa County taxpayers $142 million in legal expenses, settlements and court awards

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    dignin said:

I had to look up Joe Arpaio, never heard of him. And yikes, is this an endorsement anyone would want?

Joseph Michael "Joe" Arpaio (born June 14, 1932) has, since 1993, been the elected sheriff of Maricopa County, Arizona.

Arpaio styles himself as "America's Toughest Sheriff." He has been accused of abuse of power, misuse of funds, failure to investigate sex crimes, improper clearance of cases, unlawful enforcement of immigration laws, and election law violations, amongst others. He has been found guilty of racial profiling in federal court, with a monitor appointed to oversee his office's operations. His jails have twice been ruled unconstitutional. The U.S. Department of Justice concluded that Arpaio oversaw the worst pattern of racial profiling in U.S. history, and subsequently filed suit against him for unlawful discriminatory police conduct. As of September 2015, cases involving Arpaio or his office have cost Maricopa County taxpayers $142 million in legal expenses, settlements and court awards

Hahaha sounds like a good conservative.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?

We need a "Caption the Photo" thread! :lol:

• usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    I thought it couldn't get eddie vedder, but Trump has Norman's endorsement too!

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404

I thought it couldn't get eddie vedder, but Trump has Norman's endorsement too!

The president of the Corrections Officers Union? Really? That's powerful stuff. The dominoes are really falling now. Joe Apraio, Fallwell, Sarah Palin. Wow. This is a joke, right? You must be spamming.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,217
    dignin said:

Yeah total upstanding citizen ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

So you employ same strategy as Trump. Offensive sound bites with no substance.

10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    edited January 2016
    You have to hand it to the guy when he is one of the few if any persons that has successfully taken on Fox News. He is making Roger Ailes look like an amateur. I don't think that is luck. Say what you will about his politics but he is by the front runner in the field and makes it look simple.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on

You have to hand it to the guy when he is one of the few if any persons that has successfully taken on Fox News. He is making Roger Ailes look like an amateur. I don't think that is luck. Say what you will about his politics but he is by the front runner in the field and makes it look simple.

I think you mean he makes America look simple.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859

That's because he's not a politician. This isn't his profession and while his ego wants to win it really doesn't matter career wise if he doesn't. He can act abrasive and ignorant and in doing so he appeals to the abrasive and ignorant voters. The way he is behaving would be political suicide for a politician. But as billionaire he will continue to offend people and act as some savior to the uneducated masses until the runaway train comes to a halt.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    I'm not a Trump supporter, but since when did the public servant position of "politician" become a profession? That's kind of fucked up in itself.

(and I think ego plays a part in most running for office)
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    edited January 2016

"what's your hair secret?"

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

edited January 2016

I guess you can say that... However the substance I read from you guys often reminds me of the stains left on toilet papar...flush, someone light a match:)
    Post edited by muskydan on

The problem is, that particular field is beginning to look like this:

muskydan said:

I guess you can say that... However the substance I read from you guys often reminds me of the stains left on toilet papar...flush, someone light a match:)

So you mean like the Cornell data that I provided you that completely refuted your assertion about the education level of Obama assertions. That type of shit?
    mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

So you mean like the Cornell data that I provided you that completely refuted your assertion about the education level of Obama assertions. That type of shit?

Muskydan has told us before, he doesn't care about facts, only his gut.
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    hedonist said:

I'm not a Trump supporter, but since when did the public servant position of "politician" become a profession? That's kind of fucked up in itself.

(and I think ego plays a part in most running for office)

Bingo!!
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Mrussel,Don't you think ones financial standing and job status have more relevance?
    I have always found it interesting that some liberals show such disdain for people that support Donald Trump. Using words like ignorant, abrasive, uneducated (these are the nice terms used). I would think that liberals would be kinder to these people because they don't have access to education and thus apparently cannot determine who is a good candidate and a bad candidate. This is the bread and butter for who liberals fight for: the poor person who doesn't get the proper education. Instead though, that person is ridiculed.

It is the same way that some liberals make fun of people that shop at Wal-Mart. They profess to be for the common man/woman. Guess what? The common man/woman shops at Wal-Mart.
    mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

Exactly..... Please Waste more time researching meaningless data, I need more toilet paper.
    rr165892 said:

Mrussel,Don't you think ones financial standing and job status have more relevance?

There's certainly an argument for income, for sure. I would not dispute that. Sex seems to have been just as predictive with Obama winning the woman vote 55-45 and Romney, the opposite. My irritation is that Muskydan made a statement about the education level of Obama voters, which isn't supported by the data.

I have always found it interesting that some liberals show such disdain for people that support Donald Trump. Using words like ignorant, abrasive, uneducated (these are the nice terms used). I would think that liberals would be kinder to these people because they don't have access to education and thus apparently cannot determine who is a good candidate and a bad candidate. This is the bread and butter for who liberals fight for: the poor person who doesn't get the proper education. Instead though, that person is ridiculed.

It is the same way that some liberals make fun of people that shop at Wal-Mart. They profess to be for the common man/woman. Guess what? The common man/woman shops at Wal-Mart.

I think we show disdain for Trump, but are perplexed by people who support Trump. Regarding the Wal-mart statement, I'm not sure where this comes from. Who makes fun of Wal Mart shoppers? I don't shop there myself, but mostly because I don't shop. I do go to Sam's Club. Does that count?
    muskydan said:

mrussel1 said:

muskydan said:

Exactly..... Please Waste more time researching meaningless data, I need more toilet paper.

Yeah, don't let facts get in the way of your un-grounded opinions.

I find that just as many conservatives use similar language when talking about liberals. it goes both ways.

what I presented was simple fact based on survey results, not insulting. technically speaking, I'm uneducated. beyond high school, I have one year of university and one diploma from a speedy college. but I have chosen to educate myself, mostly through this forum. But I'm still uneducated, and I don't take that as an insult. same goes for ignorant. ignorant doesn't mean stupid, it simply implies "doesn't know the facts".

www.headstonesband.com

edited January 2016

I find that just as many conservatives use similar language when talking about liberals. it goes both ways.

what I presented was simple fact based on survey results, not insulting. technically speaking, I'm uneducated. beyond high school, I have one year of university and one diploma from a speedy college. but I have chosen to educate myself, mostly through this forum. But I'm still uneducated, and I don't take that as an insult. same goes for ignorant. ignorant doesn't mean stupid, it simply implies "doesn't know the facts".

Republicans are already painted as having a brand that does not care about the poor and uneducated. Liberals do not get painted in that light but they only care so much until politically it doesn't help them.

I'm not arguing that uneducated isn't untrue or anything. That is why I said those are the nice terms. There are plenty of instances on this board where there is clear disdain for Trump and people who support Trump (even though most people point to them supporting Trump because of lack of education which would not be their fault per se).
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
    true, but republicans often insult liberals as being "sheep" and "being fed the kool aid", "hopey changey wimps", in other words, also being stupid. not to mention "unamerican", "traitor", etc. I can go on.

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.