The Donald for President

Comments

• SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    brianlux said:

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and wouldn't lose any voters, ok? It's, like, incredible." —Donald Trump, who is currently the frontrunner for the Republican nomination for president, insulting the intelligence of his own supporters.

See what I mean? The whole thing is a big joke. The American public is the butt of the joke.
    Half of the country anyway.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,692
    Glad to hear my theory about Trump isn't seen as total poppycock. (Must look that word up some time- where the heck did that come from?!)

brianlux said:

It's all one big joke. It has to be. I mean, look at it. These crazy TV appearance, the goofy talk, the wild innuendo. The hair. The whole thing.

No really, think about it. You're super rich and you and your super rich friend are bored to tears because you can have anything you want, do anything you want. So you're sitting around trying to think of something really crazy to do so you make up all this shit, go on TV with it claiming to be a legitimate candidate and sit back and see how many out there are going to fall for the gag. You watch the news reports roll in, check out some of the banter on line, and laugh your ass off until tears are running down your face and you fall on the floor. The biggest gag ever pulled on a major modern power's citizenry! You high five your friends and hoot and holler. What a gas!!

I have said this before and it looks more like it all the time, he's intentionally handing a general election to the otherside if he gets the nomination. He now says he could stand on 5th ave and shoot somebody, and it would not cost him any votes.

I hope he wins the nomination. I truly believe he will get smoked in a general election.
    That leads to Trump Theory #2 which is that maybe Trump is really worked surreptitiously to insure that a Democrat wins. And if that is the case, which Dem is he pulling for?

I still go with Theory #1 but you never know!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited January 2016
    brianlux said:

Glad to hear my theory about Trump isn't seen as total poppycock. (Must look that word up some time- where the heck did that come from?!)

brianlux said:

It's all one big joke. It has to be. I mean, look at it. These crazy TV appearance, the goofy talk, the wild innuendo. The hair. The whole thing.

No really, think about it. You're super rich and you and your super rich friend are bored to tears because you can have anything you want, do anything you want. So you're sitting around trying to think of something really crazy to do so you make up all this shit, go on TV with it claiming to be a legitimate candidate and sit back and see how many out there are going to fall for the gag. You watch the news reports roll in, check out some of the banter on line, and laugh your ass off until tears are running down your face and you fall on the floor. The biggest gag ever pulled on a major modern power's citizenry! You high five your friends and hoot and holler. What a gas!!

I have said this before and it looks more like it all the time, he's intentionally handing a general election to the otherside if he gets the nomination. He now says he could stand on 5th ave and shoot somebody, and it would not cost him any votes.

I hope he wins the nomination. I truly believe he will get smoked in a general election.
    That leads to Trump Theory #2 which is that maybe Trump is really worked surreptitiously to insure that a Democrat wins. And if that is the case, which Dem is he pulling for?

Whatever is going on, the whole thing doesn't pass the smell test. I live in Phoenix, home to quite a few republicans. I personally have met one person who has openly admitted they will vote for him, and said person seemed a little off. Where are all these crazies at? Maybe I live in a small pocket of rational people?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Whatever is going on, the whole thing doesn't pass the smell test. I live in Phoenix, home to quite a few republicans. I personally have met one person who has openly admitted they will vote for him, and said person seemed a little off. Where are all these crazies at? Maybe I live in a small pocket of rational people?
    Alabama, Arkansas, Ohio, Pennsatucky, etc
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambs said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Alabama, Arkansas, Ohio, Pennsatucky, etc
    Sure, but Arizona is just as ass backwards as those places. I'm just shocked I haven't come across a lot more Trump supporters. In my experience, the numbers just don't add up.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

Trump is not trolling.
    It is a made up word in cyberspace.
    He is becoming more and more popular in said cyberspace and the media.
    Why can't avatars in forums understand this?

Don't you have a celeb death thread to troll? Glen Frey is all open for you.
    We already had someone who shot someone in the White House and his name was Dick Cheney.
  • We already had someone who shot someone in the White House and his name was Dick Cheney.

Very true, but he was already in office at the time and didn't campaign on the idea that he could shoot someone.
  • Trump is not trolling.

Seriously? Your post given has zero to do with the thread topic.
    Discuss the topic not the person.
    Do you not agree that Trump is getting more and more popular in cyberspace and the media?
    I really do think Trump might just make it to the office. - This does not mean he has my vote though.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

Trump is not trolling.

Do you not agree that Trump is getting more and more popular in cyberspace and the media?
    I really do think Trump might just make it to the office. - This does not mean he has my vote though.
    Aren't you Canadian? He doesn't get your vote any way.
    ELITIST FUK
  • ^^^
    Non US citizens can still support the politics of a campaign runner.
    There are a few that I hope are not the next POTUS. It does affect the entire world who is in office.
    To explain to some US citizens why some candidates are good, others not so much could influence and change their vote positively.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

^^^
    Non US citizens can still support the politics of a campaign runner.
    There are a few that I hope are not the next POTUS. It does affect the entire world who is in office.
    To explain to some US citizens why some candidates are good, others not so much could influence and change their vote positively.

Gotcha. You meant to say Trump does not get your support instead of he does not get your vote. Thanks for clarifying.
    ELITIST FUK
  • rgambs said:
    “I think a lot about the Department of Energy, because energy is my baby: oil and gas and minerals, those things that God has dumped on this part of the Earth for mankind’s use instead of us relying on unfriendly foreign nations

The scary shit is that there are non Palin fans that agree about that god stuff.
    And people wonder why politicians should be questioned if they're religious or not.
  • SD48277 said:

Trump is not trolling.

Aren't you Canadian? He doesn't get your vote any way.
    i wish i could get so invested in who is up for election in canada.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • rgambs said:
    The fact that anyone would even consider some of the stuff these clowns say is proof that our education system is in disrepair.
  • rgambs said:
    The fact that anyone would even consider some of the stuff these clowns say is proof that our education system is in disrepair.
    our educational system is under siege.

texas legislators have been re-writing history books for years. that to me explains the absolute duncery coming from ted cruz and other texas politicians.

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,692
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

I proposed months ago to people at work that it would be pretty crazy if this all turned out to be a reality show, or some kind of big fucking joke. I wouldnt put it past him.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• I stated the below back on page 2 of this thread. Money makes the world go round and Trump has the world spinning.
    It is perplexing that I think this guy has a chance at winning.
    You Americans love celebrities.
    He has a seat at the table because he can't be bought. The apprentice has millions of viewers because of him and the audience appetite for what Donald is going to do or say.
    Love or hate him he is very powerful and influential.
    Regular politicians in this race are pissed because he doesn't need any financial support to keep him going.
    The billionaire rich are on a cloud that many of us will never experience and the world they live in is as foreign to us as the political level at which they play.
    Donald can win simply because of the insatiable appetite that americans have for celebrity gossip not for his political might.
    brianlux said:
    Also nice to see Hammond as Trump. Always loved seeing him play Trump on SNL.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    http://www.vox.com/2016/1/25/10828244/trump-politically-correct-president
    "When I’m president I’m a different person. I can do anything. I can be the most politically correct person you have ever seen," Trump said at a rally in Pella, Iowa, on Saturday.
    That is hilarious....after all the BS he is spewing about how political correctness is ruining the USA?

What a colossal douchebag!!
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    edited January 2016
    “I’m doing it from the heart—and the brain,” Mr. Trump said. “A lot of it resonates.”
    “A lot of times I sound negative, but ultimately I’m positive,” he said. “ ‘Make America Great Again’ is a very positive campaign.”

USA USA USA

WOOT!

Post edited by usamamasan1 on

“I’m doing it from the heart—and the brain,” Mr. Trump said. “A lot of it resonates.”
    “A lot of times I sound negative, but ultimately I’m positive,” he said. “ ‘Make America Great Again’ is a very positive campaign.”

USA USA USA

WOOT!

Make America Great Again is a euphemistic way of saying that America sucks.
    Not very positive.
  • “I’m doing it from the heart—and the brain,” Mr. Trump said. “A lot of it resonates.”

USA USA USA

WOOT!

why don't you quote the one from today when he said he will be the most politically correct president when he needs to be?

• SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524

USA USA USA

WOOT!

What era was 'great' compared to now? What is the era we need to go back to?
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    Smellyman said:

USA USA USA

WOOT!

People romanticize the 1950s, post war.. a time when women didn't work and blacks were segregated. Yeah, 'Merica was so great back then.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Larry Wilmore tonight - Rand Paul is hilarious. I don't think there's video up yet, but I saw this.

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited January 2016
    mrussel1 said:

Smellyman said:

USA USA USA

WOOT!

People romanticize the 1950s, post war.. a time when women didn't work and blacks were segregated. Yeah, 'Merica was so great back then.
    My guess is Trump supporters would like to go back to that time period. Sounds like their idea of a "great" society.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
    mrussel1 said:

Smellyman said:

USA USA USA

WOOT!

When they scream about wanting their country back, they really want their war criminal heroes of Halluburtonghazzi back because their double standards say so.
This discussion has been closed.