Options

The Donald for President

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,180
    I don't believe anyone is saying we should all be the same.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,665

I hope you have a good Ramadan!

If I moved to a country that is historically Muslim I would not be offended by this and ask them to change their culture to fit mine. That is what we are asked though to do in the USA and all we are doing is creating a fragmented society instead of a country with shared ideals.
    You aren't asked to do anything. You are free to say whatever you want.

Right, right. Companies are just changing the way they say holiday greetings because they don't want to offend anyone. No, they just don't want lawsuits.
  • Options

If I moved to a country that is historically Muslim I would not be offended by this and ask them to change their culture to fit mine. That is what we are asked though to do in the USA and all we are doing is creating a fragmented society instead of a country with shared ideals.
    You aren't asked to do anything. You are free to say whatever you want.

Right, right. Companies are just changing the way they say holiday greetings because they don't want to offend anyone. No, they just don't want lawsuits.
    Lawsuit for what? They just want to be inclusive instead of divisive.

It's not like this hasn't been going on for years.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    edited November 2015
    mrussel1 said:

The liberals have been taking Christ out of Xmas for years.

It's not liberals. It's idiots. Most liberals do not want that done (I would know, I'm extremely liberal and absolutely disapprove and so does every other liberal person I know). The VAST majority of people think this kind of thing is ridiculous. The problem is idiots pandering to the lowest common denominator (which is also the minority).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,841
    edited November 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

It's not liberals. It's idiots. Most liberals do not want that done (I would know, I'm extremely liberal and absolutely disapprove and so does every other liberal person I know). The VAST majority of people think this kind of thing is ridiculous. The problem is idiots pandering to the lowest common denominator (which is also the minority).
    Sarcasm my friend... notice I removed Christ and replaced with X... which has been happening for 30years..
  • Options
    edited November 2015

He didnt really say this, did he? Is he going to establish a religion or mandate speech?

• Options
    Okay, if he is serious (which he can never be), we have Trump on the record with:
    - Breaking the first amendment by establishing a religion
    - Breaking another part of the first amendment by mandating a certain speech
    - Likely breaking the 14th amendment by threatening to deport 11MM aliens, which would have to include millions of citizens who are children of the illegal aliens. Either that, or he's going to create several million orphans...

Awesome. Way to think it through Donald.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I watched the debate last night and Donald was much more Presidential, less rude..I think he has my vote.
  • Options

I watched the debate last night and Donald was much more Presidential, less rude..I think he has my vote.

So you think you can deport 11MM people and their US citizen children? And then let the good ones come back in? Don't the silly statements give you pause?
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    If we can send our loved ones into battle we can certainly remove those who disobey our laws......adios illegals!
  • Options

If we can send our loved ones into battle we can certainly remove those who disobey our laws......adios illegals!

Actually you can't. Mostly because the 300k children born per year on American soil did not break the laws. Unless you are now supporting:
    1. Ignoring the Constitution
    2. Holding children responsible for the crimes of their parents (hello, Middle Ages...here we come again!).

Your rhetoric is red meat to some, but it's entirely unenforceable and impractical.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

If all illegals were deported we'd go into serious recession. Plus it will never happen cause millionaires like trump made their fortune on cheap Constructing labor. Rich republicans use this to get poor Americans to vote against their best interests. All pandering.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

Sarcasm my friend... notice I removed Christ and replaced with X... which has been happening for 30years..
    I assumed that was on purpose... even now that you've stated it, I still don't see the sarcasm, lol. Maybe an emoticon would help? ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    callen said:

If all illegals were deported we'd go into serious recession. Plus it will never happen cause millionaires like trump made their fortune on cheap Constructing labor. Rich republicans use this to get poor Americans to vote against their best interests. All pandering.
    You're hitting on the real core issue here. The reason illegals cross the border is for the jobs. The business community (farmers, corp farmers, small manufacturing, etc.) are hiring the immigrants. The business community is who is drawing them in and breaking the law. This deprives the state and fed of tax dollars from employment tax, ssn, etc. The business community has an interest in keeping this going since they pay less than the market truly demands. I'm not sure why the Trump voter isn't outside corp farms in CA, AZ, TX, etc. protesting their illegal employment practices.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

I assumed that was on purpose... even now that you've stated it, I still don't see the sarcasm, lol. Maybe an emoticon would help? ;)
    I have a personal commitment never to use an emoticon or type LOL. This is not sarcasm...

Okay, so maybe my humor is extremely dry. The broader point is that Christians (like my devoutly Catholic father) have been bitchin' about the word Xmas for years... I'm 42 and remember that as far back as my memory goes. So for Fox or whomever to drum up the war on Christmas over Happy Holidays is disingenuous to say the least (as we all know). Hell, true Christians should not use trees, yule logs or even celebrate on the 25th. Those are all pagan traditions.
  • Options
    I agree. It's all just bullshit. It really all just seems like an excuse for people to be self-righteous IMO.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I agree. It's all just bullshit. It really all just seems like an excuse for people to be self-righteous IMO.

Self-righteous, victims or aggrieved... you take your pick. People on the left are like that too and it seems to be getting worse. I can barely read some things in Huffington now as they are always complaining about something... yesterday it was a joke that Huckabee made about his own wife. Amanda Terkel wrote that he was being sexist. First, he wasn't, second, you get to make fun of your spouse without being called sexist. That's just a rule. Anyway, I don't like Huckabee, but that was just over the top. Seems to be happening so much on both sides. No one has a sense of humor any more.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Self-righteous, victims or aggrieved... you take your pick. People on the left are like that too and it seems to be getting worse. I can barely read some things in Huffington now as they are always complaining about something... yesterday it was a joke that Huckabee made about his own wife. Amanda Terkel wrote that he was being sexist. First, he wasn't, second, you get to make fun of your spouse without being called sexist. That's just a rule. Anyway, I don't like Huckabee, but that was just over the top. Seems to be happening so much on both sides. No one has a sense of humor any more.
    I can't judge without knowing what what the joke was.... but I'm prepared to think it's disgusting. It is Huckabee after all. He's out of his fucking mind. I don't like the PC monster, but I also don't like underplaying shit that politicians say and do. I am fucking terrified thst people like Huckabee have anything to do with running the show for the rest of us.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

callen said:

You're hitting on the real core issue here. The reason illegals cross the border is for the jobs. The business community (farmers, corp farmers, small manufacturing, etc.) are hiring the immigrants. The business community is who is drawing them in and breaking the law. This deprives the state and fed of tax dollars from employment tax, ssn, etc. The business community has an interest in keeping this going since they pay less than the market truly demands. I'm not sure why the Trump voter isn't outside corp farms in CA, AZ, TX, etc. protesting their illegal employment practices.
    Yeah have belabored this point of blaming the drug versus demand but it's not comforting.

The most ironic part of it is one of the biggest republican campaign contributors is guy named Bob Perry who owns Perry homes in Texas. He built his fortune on backs of cheap labour. Why republicans really didn't care about illegal immigration while Bush was president. Hell Perry played significant role in getting him there. Obama comes along and now it's his fault and a campaign message. It's all blatant bull shit. But the poor lazy racists trailer park electro rate believe republicans are against the illegals that "took our jobs". Ridiculous.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

I can't judge without knowing what what the joke was.... but I'm prepared to think it's disgusting. It is Huckabee after all. He's out of his fucking mind. I don't like the PC monster, but I also don't like underplaying shit that politicians say and do. I am fucking terrified thst people like Huckabee have anything to do with running the show for the rest of us.
    Here's teh headline "Mike Huckabee Makes Sexist Wife Joke To Bash Fed Chair Janet Yellen"
    And here's the joke.."GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee joked about his wife being a nag and criticized Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen in one fell swoop Tuesday night.

"My wife's name is Janet," Huckabee said during the Fox Business Network undercard debate. "And when you say Janet yellin', I'm very familiar with what you mean."

Literally, that was it. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mike-huckabee-janet-yellen_56429463e4b045bf3dece98d
  • Options
    callen said:

mrussel1 said:

callen said:

Yeah have belabored this point of blaming the drug versus demand but it's not comforting.

The most ironic part of it is one of the biggest republican campaign contributors is guy named Bob Perry who owns Perry homes in Texas. He built his fortune on backs of cheap labour. Why republicans really didn't care about illegal immigration while Bush was president. Hell Perry played significant role in getting him there. Obama comes along and now it's his fault and a campaign message. It's all blatant bull shit. But the poor lazy racists trailer park electro rate believe republicans are against the illegals that "took our jobs". Ridiculous.
    There's a new and deep divide in the GOP. And that's in the anti-immigrant base and the pro-business community. They've picked the scab and now they can't control it. Why do you think Jeb! can't get any traction? He is despised as establishment and an amnesty candidate. It's the same with Rubio.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Jeepers Creepers, even Bill O'Reilly has more sense than this buffoon. What a world We live in...so sad that this jackass is being paid attention as anything more than a clown without makeup.
    I seriously doubt anyone who supports Trump can have a quorum of working brain cells.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    callen said:

Not to mention the massive effort of rounding up and deporting....it would cost billions, mistakes will be made, lives will be lost. It's always funny to me when conservatives say stuff like this and then they say the government is too powerful and massive...yet they support the gov't flexing it's muscle in the worst possible ways.

And they all want to get rid of the IRS...the agency that collects all the money that they want to build our armies with

• Options

• Options
    Gern, this will boost his ratings and he knows it.
  • Options
    callen said:

Gern, this will boost his ratings and he knows it.

yeah, more red meat.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    The right wing take on this is that it is all a Democrat hoax to draw black voters to the polls next year.
    Trump probably hit gold with this excrement.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,146

I celebrate christmas as a family tradition, not a religious one. I don't say merry christmas to anyone I don't know personally. people labelling it as "pc" is complete nonsense. it's called being inclusive.

that being said, i don't give a flying fuck if a company chooses to put santa or jesus or the cross or the menora or whathaveyou on their product. it's their right to do so. it is also their right to tell their staff to greet people in a non-denominational way.

for all these people to be criticizing a company for not towing the religious/cultural line is ridiculous.

but once again, Trump is going to benefit from the politics of division.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.