Options

The Donald for President

Comments

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited October 2015
    i can't stand joe scarborough. morning joe - not for me, no thank you very much

i find it funny that last year i'd have had no idea who joe was or his bullshit program

living seven yrs w/out tv is pretty A-ok

switch the channel i always say

sarah palin sucks
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    i like donald. i think he has something extra that lights fires under sleeping do nothing asses. tell me im wrong
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

it just might be the highest rated SNL in years. Lorne knows what he's doing.

Totally agree.
    And it starts http://www.torontosun.com/2015/10/16/group-lobbies-nbc-to-pull-donald-trumps-snl-gig
    Like clockwork.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,762
    edited October 2015

it just might be the highest rated SNL in years. Lorne knows what he's doing.

Totally agree.
    And it starts http://www.torontosun.com/2015/10/16/group-lobbies-nbc-to-pull-donald-trumps-snl-gig
    Like clockwork.
    That's dumb. Being awkward on worn out TV shows is right in Trump's wheelhouse. I think him being on SNL is entirely appropriate.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,117
    Donald Trump: "I would have prevented 9/11"
    this is becoming even more of a joke that it already is.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/18/politics/donald-trump-jeb-bush-9-11/?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool&iref=obnetwork

Washington (CNN)—Donald Trump says he's not blaming George W. Bush for 9/11, but he claims that if he'd been president, the attacks never would have happened.

In an appearance on "Fox News Sunday," the real estate mogul said that since he's "extremely, extremely tough on immigration" the attackers wouldn't have been in position to commandeer U.S. flights.

"So there's a good chance that those people would not have been in our country," Trump said.

He took another shot at Jeb Bush for claiming that Bush's brother, the 43rd president, kept the nation safe.

"I'm not blaming George Bush," Trump said. "But I don't want Jeb Bush to say, 'My brother kept us safe,' because September 11 was one of the worst days in the history of this country."

It wasn't just on the Sunday shows that Trump attacked Bush over his brother's tenure.

On Twitter, as the "Fox News Sunday" interview aired, Trump tweeted: "Jeb, why did your brother attack and destabalize the Middle East by attacking Iraq when there were no weapons of mass destruction? Bad info?"

Jeb, why did your brother attack and destabalize the Middle East by attacking Iraq when there were no weapons of mass destruction? Bad info?
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 18, 2015
    He also tweeted: "Jeb Bush should stop trying to defend his brother and focus on his own shortcomings and how to fix them."

Jeb Bush should stop trying to defend his brother and focus on his own shortcomings and how to fix them. Also, Rubio is hitting him hard!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 18, 2015
    Bush is pushing back against the criticism, which Trump has made repeatedly in recent days.

In an interview with CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union" Sunday, Bush defended his brother's presidency.

"My brother responded to a crisis, and he did it as you would hope a president would do. He united the country, he organized our country and he kept us safe. And there's no denying that. The great majority of Americans believe that," he said.

"And I don't know why he keeps bringing this up. It doesn't show that he's a serious person as it relates to being commander in chief and being the architect of a foreign policy," Bush added.

Follow @CNNpolitics
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I honestly don't know what everyone's freaking out about as far as the above story goes. Most of what Trump is saying on this particular subject seems pretty reasonable to me (for a change). I have no idea if Trump might have prevented 9/11 from happening... but I don't think it's ridiculous for him to suggest it, since 9/11 was preventable.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I honestly don't know what everyone's freaking out about as far as the above story goes. Most of what Trump is saying on this particular subject seems pretty reasonable to me (for a change). I have no idea if Trump might have prevented 9/11 from happening... but I don't think it's ridiculous for him to suggest it, since 9/11 was preventable.

because it's a claim that makes no sense. on one hand, he's saying the president is directly accountable for the attack, which, as much as I despise GWB, is preposterous. On the other hand, he's making a racist remark saying it never would have happened because he would have kept all the muslims out of america.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited October 2015

PJ_Soul said:

because it's a claim that makes no sense. on one hand, he's saying the president is directly accountable for the attack, which, as much as I despise GWB, is preposterous. On the other hand, he's making a racist remark saying it never would have happened because he would have kept all the muslims out of america.

I took it more as him saying he would have kept outside terrorists who are coming to take flying lessons from entering the country. I'm not saying he would have succeeded in that or that i support anything he proposes or stricter immigration, but just logically, I suppose that stricter immigration/residence laws might have made that particular thing harder to do.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited October 2015
    chadwick said:

i like donald. i think he has something extra that lights fires under sleeping do nothing asses. tell me im wrong

Donald hates troops. You like Donald. Ergo, you hate troops and you're a [name-calling removed by Admin] and wrong.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,983
    I want to see Donald Trump show us he knows how to clean up The Great Pacific Garbage Patch, get help for vets, improve mental health care in America, reduce human caused climate change, stop illegal killing of marine life, get people back on healthy diets, put an end to creating useless fears, distribute wealth more fairly (duh), create more wildlife corridors, promote clean energy, support Planned Parenthood, and convince Pearl Jam (or whomever) to reissue their middle catalog on vinyl (yes, politics can be fun too). Then we'll have something to get excited about, not whether or not he could have done this, that or the other thing.

But I'm not holding my breath either. :wink:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    edited October 2015

chadwick said:

Donald hates troops. You like Donald. Ergo, you hate troops and you're a [name-calling removed by Admin] and wrong.
    nanny nanny nanny-goat doodyhead I'm telling mom......names ...really ??????

Godfather.

Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Won't vote for him and doubt he'll be elected but looooove some of the stuff he says. Slamming Dubya is one of them. And it's not that I like seeing Dubya slammed per se', it's he's getting the typical Dubya supporter to think about their past views and support.

Amazing at the things Trumps said(McCain) and hasn't received the typical backlash or it's not been affective at slowing him down.

He's flat out fkn w Republican Party.

Go Trump.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I took it more as him saying he would have kept outside terrorists who are coming to take flying lessons from entering the country. I'm not saying he would have succeeded in that or that i support anything he proposes or stricter immigration, but just logically, I suppose that stricter immigration/residence laws might have made that particular thing harder to do.
    but how does one keep terrorists out if you aren't going to single out an entire group of people? that's all I meant. it's thinly veiled racism, in my opinion.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,474
    Iowa numbers have turned his loosing to Carson ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    yeah Iowa is getting interesting...I heard an analyst discussing this on FTN or MTP this morning and I thought she hit the nail on the head.

Her comments related to how Trump has been bloviating about his greatness for so long that when he slips to second place he immediately loses credibility. Trumps response has been that the polls showing him in 2nd place are wrong. He's putting himself in a really bad spot if he drops lower....at what point are the polls correct?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Jeb is definitely the boring one. He has no personality to speak of.
  • Options

yeah Iowa is getting interesting...I heard an analyst discussing this on FTN or MTP this morning and I thought she hit the nail on the head.

Her comments related to how Trump has been bloviating about his greatness for so long that when he slips to second place he immediately loses credibility. Trumps response has been that the polls showing him in 2nd place are wrong. He's putting himself in a really bad spot if he drops lower....at what point are the polls correct?

I said it at the beginning and I'll say it again: Trump will fizzle once the spotlight wears off. There's only so much posturing a guy can do with 0% platform and 100% mouth. He hasn't got a hope in hell.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Jeb is boring.But he was one very effective and competent governors of our state.He gets the job done.Last time I checked that is what is needed here.Someone who is more moderate and can reach across the isle to make things happen.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,831
    rr165892 said:

Jeb is boring.But he was one very effective and competent governors of our state.He gets the job done.Last time I checked that is what is needed here.Someone who is more moderate and can reach across the isle to make things happen.

I could never get over the Terry Shiavo situation and how he ignored the courts and used FDLE resources to his own political ends (IMO).
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,649
    edited October 2015

I said it at the beginning and I'll say it again: Trump will fizzle once the spotlight wears off. There's only so much posturing a guy can do with 0% platform and 100% mouth. He hasn't got a hope in hell.

You would think so. But he has more money and is a lot smarter than he appears.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    I'm rooting for trump to win nomination.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

I'm rooting for trump to win nomination.

Because you think he would be a great president or because you think he can't win a general?
  • Options
    Nomination only.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    mrussel1 said:

rr165892 said:

I could never get over the Terry Shiavo situation and how he ignored the courts and used FDLE resources to his own political ends (IMO).
    I think we discussed this once already.I remember you bringing it up.
    There are a lot of things I don't agree with him on.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

mrussel1 said:

rr165892 said:

I think we discussed this once already.I remember you bringing it up.
    There are a lot of things I don't agree with him on.
    Yeah, that was probably me. I also don't like that he is neo-con and was a signatory on the PNAC (Project for a New American Century) which was the intellectual architecture that led us to Iraq. I'm very much against the interventionist policy, almost a Pat Buchanan conservative (but not a nativist).
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    I said this month's ago just talking to Hispanics I know. Trump's support among Hispanics in Texas is mind boggling, but makes perfect sense...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/3/donald-trump-could-win-over-hispanics-who-fear-job/

I can say this for an absolute certainty...if he captures a decent segment of that vote, he will be President Trump. Like it or not.
  • Options
    Shawshank said:

I said this month's ago just talking to Hispanics I know. Trump's support among Hispanics in Texas is mind boggling, but makes perfect sense...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/3/donald-trump-could-win-over-hispanics-who-fear-job/

I can say this for an absolute certainty...if he captures a decent segment of that vote, he will be President Trump. Like it or not.

Not to be a dick, but you are quoting a right wing rag linked by drudge today that has no supporting data, rather they admit the data is counter to the argument. Instead, they use anecdotes from two states that are not even competitive. This is a wishful thinking article.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Don't think Donald has a shot because Hilliary just has to do couple adds quoting Donald and Hispanics will show up to vote.
    Post edited by callen on
This discussion has been closed.