Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    PJSiren said:

Oh...I just thought of this...apparently my bestie hates to buy TP...so for a while they had re-usable TP...she cut out of cloth, and would wash...

:rofl: I told her she was insane...

gross! I saw that on that cheapskate show...the little kid was saying, "mommy this has a stain on it" and the lady said, "it's ok honey, it's still clean" :sick:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

Oh...I just thought of this...apparently my bestie hates to buy TP...so for a while they had re-usable TP...she cut out of cloth, and would wash...

gross! I saw that on that cheapskate show...the little kid was saying, "mommy this has a stain on it" and the lady said, "it's ok honey, it's still clean" :sick:
    No, no it's not. That's nasty.
    ELITIST FUK
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

I know, so nasty, my bestie is a cheapskate to some extent...it's insane...she did have some other great ideas though...like homemade washing detergent...for your clothes...we do that now too...that's something we hate buying because the price just keeps going up...so we make our own...it works great and is soooooo much cheaper!!!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,095
    PJSiren said:

Omfg. That is both hilarious and wrong. So many awful/disgusting comments that I will keep to myself

How about insurance_? I live in a no fault state and auto insurance is nearly useless if someone runs into you.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    PJSiren said:

Reduce, reuse, recycle...
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • I've always gone by the motto life is too short for shitty toilet paper.
    Spend the extra dollar for this.
    come on
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    SD48277 said:

RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

That is HORRIBLE!!! Soooop unsanitary!! So... You need to text me that laundry soap recipe!! And another thing I can't stand buying, do I don't.. Is perfume. Most of them
    Make me super nauseous.. And stupid ridiculous prices to wear something made from animal urine in most cases.. ( yep.. Really expensive perfumes are made from the urine of a pregnant horse).
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    Curtains -- both the window and the shower kind. It's almost impossible to find something I like and then when you do you need another curtain to do the function of the curtain you just bought because that one was just for looks but isn't really functional. Freaking gong show.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

SD48277 said:

RKCNDY said:

PJSiren said:

That is HORRIBLE!!! Soooop unsanitary!! So... You need to text me that laundry soap recipe!! And another thing I can't stand buying, do I don't.. Is perfume. Most of them
    Make me super nauseous.. And stupid ridiculous prices to wear something made from animal urine in most cases.. ( yep.. Really expensive perfumes are made from the urine of a pregnant horse).
    And there are those of us out there who are VERY scent sensitive and thank you for your cheapness with perfume. I only wish there were other people who didn't feel the need to bathe in it. I've had coworkers shove me out the door and tell me that they'll call me after they air the gallery out. Instant migraine.

Thread integrity: Pencils for my kid. I know it sounds cheap, but they give them pencils for everything. If someone is giving them away as a promotion, I always have her grab one. She's got a love now for mechanical pencils. I'll buy her so many and if she wants to load up for the year, I let her buy the rest. Worked great this year. She kind of keeps track of them a lot better when she's shelling out some cash for them. (Staples had a big sale, ran out of the original product and the back-up, so she got boxes of 24 mechanical pencils for 25 cents a box. She stocked up.)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    Just to back up a bit....

For the guys that are embarrassed to by tampon/pads: if you have kids, are you embarrassed when you have to buy diapers? They clearly are not for your personal use (I hope).

As for F Me and the condom situation: You are still getting action.You are a stud. Own it. Don't be embarrassed. As long as you are not getting condoms, dolls, and bags of candy (creeper alert), you are ok.

In both cases, don't worry what the cashier is thinking. Honestly, this is what is going through their minds: "Only 4 hours and 43 minutes until I can leave..." And if they do give you a hard time, just stare them down. As for the other shoppers, they are thinking, "Please don't let the guy ahead of me pay by check. I wish this cashier was moving faster."
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

For the guys that are embarrassed to by tampon/pads: if you have kids, are you embarrassed when you have to buy diapers? They clearly are not for your personal use (I hope).

As for F Me and the condom situation: You are still getting action.You are a stud. Own it. Don't be embarrassed. As long as you are not getting condoms, dolls, and bags of candy (creeper alert), you are ok.

In both cases, don't worry what the cashier is thinking. Honestly, this is what is going through their minds: "Only 4 hours and 43 minutes until I can leave..." And if they do give you a hard time, just stare them down. As for the other shoppers, they are thinking, "Please don't let the guy ahead of me pay by check. I wish this cashier was moving faster."

Very very true!!

One other thing I can't stand buying is Cable TV services. If I wasn't living with my parents right now.. There wouldn't even be a TV in my house.. Ok well maybe one.. News is important. But outside of that.. It's a pretty useless object.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    SD48277 said:

For the guys that are embarrassed to by tampon/pads: if you have kids, are you embarrassed when you have to buy diapers? They clearly are not for your personal use (I hope). "

Diapers mean we got some. Plus it makes us look like better candidates to the next potential partner. You never know, your loved one could get hit by a bus tomorrow. My wife went back to school after our second one. I used to love having him around when I picked her up. The amount of girls that would come over to say hi to him was amazing.
    SD48277 said:

As for F Me and the condom situation: You are still getting action.You are a stud. Own it. Don't be embarrassed. As long as you are not getting condoms, dolls, and bags of candy (creeper alert), you are ok."

I say as the clerk to speed it up as your date charges by the hour and is waiting in the car. At least they will laugh. Actually that excuse works in many situations.
    SD48277 said:

I would say tell them you want to see what the fuss is about and are going to wear them all day tomorrow so you need to buy them. Again a laugh to break the ice.

Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    I'm on my phone and too lazy to quote all fancy like that show-off cd... ;)

SD-you go girl! I suggest going for it all, buy the 'pons, raincoats, and diapers all in one go. Toss in some hand lotion and some candy for extra fun.

Northern: you can wash your shower curtain, just toss it in the wash with your load of towels (take the rings off), and a cup of vinegar...good as new. No, it won't melt in the wash, I've put it in there on a hot cycle, no prob.

WH:-I thought perfume was made from whale vomit...yes/no? I rarely wear it, I'm sensitive to it as well, I only pick lighter scents.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

SD-you go girl! I suggest going for it all, buy the 'pons, raincoats, and diapers all in one go. Toss in some hand lotion and some candy for extra fun.

Northern: you can wash your shower curtain, just toss it in the wash with your load of towels (take the rings off), and a cup of vinegar...good as new. No, it won't melt in the wash, I've put it in there on a hot cycle, no prob.

WH:-I thought perfume was made from whale vomit...yes/no? I rarely wear it, I'm sensitive to it as well, I only pick lighter scents.

Some is. But the horse urine has a very attractive pheromone, that unlike most of them, humans can actually smell, and thus react to. It can also come from the anal gland of certain animals such as female fox, and porcupines!! Lmao! Again, it's all about the pheromones.. As for the whale vomit, there's oils in it, that make the perfume last longer. Crazy huh?

Also you can burn whale sperm.. They use that mixed with blubber to make candles last longer because the sperm
    Burns hotter and longer than the blubber alone. Lmao.. Apparently whales have pretty 'hot' sex!! Lol
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    RKCNDY said:

This is not the problem, it's when the ring holes get ripped or you have a cat that reacts to playing in the bathtub(it's empty and of her own free will) like being on crack and tries to climb the curtain, puncturing it as she goes.

Perfume is evil, that is all.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I'm amazed at the applications for vinegar. I recently bought a bottle of white and a bottle of Apple cider vinegar along with a thing of kosher salt for cleaning. Actually I don't remember what the Apple cider vinegar was for. I've been reading online about how to do real home cleaning with these kinds of products cuz I hate buying consumer cleaning products. I am concerned someone is going think I'm building a bomb or something.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,095
    cdysinge said:

SD48277 said:

For the guys that are embarrassed to by tampon/pads: if you have kids, are you embarrassed when you have to buy diapers? They clearly are not for your personal use (I hope). "

Diapers mean we got some. Plus it makes us look like better candidates to the next potential partner. You never know, your loved one could get hit by a bus tomorrow. My wife went back to school after our second one. I used to love having him around when I picked her up. The amount of girls that would come over to say hi to him was amazing.
    SD48277 said:

As for F Me and the condom situation: You are still getting action.You are a stud. Own it. Don't be embarrassed. As long as you are not getting condoms, dolls, and bags of candy (creeper alert), you are ok."

I say as the clerk to speed it up as your date charges by the hour and is waiting in the car. At least they will laugh. Actually that excuse works in many situations.
    SD48277 said:

I would say tell them you want to see what the fuss is about and are going to wear them all day tomorrow so you need to buy them. Again a laugh to break the ice.

:lol:

I can't stand buying this shit but note that I do buy it!

I can't stand buying access to roads with tolls. This is fd up. In NJ it costs money to drive anywhere on the highway it seems. At least I was able to quickly stop calling it The Freeway after moving from CA. Shit ain't free!
    Today I am up to Manhattan again and it will cost me about $27 r/t with tolls for highway and tunnel.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859

cdysinge said:

SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

I can't stand buying access to roads with tolls. This is fd up. In NJ it costs money to drive anywhere on the highway it seems. At least I was able to quickly stop calling it The Freeway after moving from CA. Shit ain't free!
    Today I am up to Manhattan again and it will cost me about $27 r/t with tolls for highway and tunnel.
    I agree with you on this. Growing up my parents would never take any of the the toll bridges. I didn't even know where the midtown tunnel really was until I ended working like 2 blocks away from it.

NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435

NJ is the toll booth capitol of the world.
    ELITIST FUK
    Bags...like at the grocery store. We have a plastic bag ban (which is fine, I hate plastic bags), and inevitably 'someone' wants to go to the store, and I don't have any of my reuseable bags in the car. The store charges $0.10 a bag, they are 'supposed' to give you a $0.05 credit when you bring your own reuseable bag, but they usually 'forget'...they don't forget to charge you when you forget your bag though. I have a huge collection of $0.10 paper bags...probably $10 worth of fucking paper bags.

Can't keep bags in my car...people have kept bags in their car and their car is broken into because thieves think there is something in the bag. They end up taking the bag to carry around stuff they steal from other cars.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

Bags...like at the grocery store. We have a plastic bag ban (which is fine, I hate plastic bags), and inevitably 'someone' wants to go to the store, and I don't have any of my reuseable bags in the car. The store charges $0.10 a bag, they are 'supposed' to give you a $0.05 credit when you bring your own reuseable bag, but they usually 'forget'...they don't forget to charge you when you forget your bag though. I have a huge collection of $0.10 paper bags...probably $10 worth of fucking paper bags.

Can't keep bags in my car...people have kept bags in their car and their car is broken into because thieves think there is something in the bag. They end up taking the bag to carry around stuff they steal from other cars.

Wow! I keep my reusable bags folded when they are visible.. Or I keep them
    In my trunk. Could you keep them folded under seats? As for the paper bags, shred them
    And compost them, would be my
    Solution. Or, reuse them as something else.. Like I use them as trash bags until they get gross. Or I use them under the litter box to catch sand.. A million reuse ideas for them!

RKCNDY said:

Wow! I keep my reusable bags folded when they are visible.. Or I keep them
    In my trunk. Could you keep them folded under seats? As for the paper bags, shred them
    And compost them, would be my
    Solution. Or, reuse them as something else.. Like I use them as trash bags until they get gross. Or I use them under the litter box to catch sand.. A million reuse ideas for them!
    I don't wanna shred them...I should just shred a $10 bill then! I'll just toss a bunch in my trunk for emergencies...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661

SD48277 said:

Very very true!!

One other thing I can't stand buying is Cable TV services. If I wasn't living with my parents right now.. There wouldn't even be a TV in my house.. Ok well maybe one.. News is important. But outside of that.. It's a pretty useless object.
    A television is far from useless.
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995

cdysinge said:

Why has none of the males said products for their significant others when aunt flo comes to visit. It was yet another time when a piece of my soul died when I finally agreed to start picking them up when at the store for my queen. I still to this day though bury them in the cart and use the self scan station. I only have about 40% of my soul left so I have to be careful.

I have NEVER in my life purchased for "aunt flo"
    I never will.
    Not happening

lol same here. never ever ever...lol

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    edited May 2015

This thread if hilarious.

A bed. Sure, they last a long time. The last time I wanted to freak out over the super long back/forth trying to find the right one that we both liked and then shelling out so much damn money for it.

I was mattress shopping today. I hope to be thrilled when it is home, but the process is like buying a car. Salesmen swarming and trying to upsell you. My brother spent $7000 on his. WTF???? . . . :tongue::anguished:
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes

This thread if hilarious.

A bed. Sure, they last a long time. The last time I wanted to freak out over the super long back/forth trying to find the right one that we both liked and then shelling out so much damn money for it.

I was mattress shopping today. I hope to be thrilled when it is home, but the process is like buying a car. Salesmen swarming and trying to upsell you. My brother spent $7000 on his. WTF???? . . . :tongue::anguished:
    Wow!! For a BED??? That's insane!
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Bedroom sets are ridiculous. I had to buy just a bed a few years ago and was floored. Furniture in general is over priced.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Most things....lol

Being a human being is expensive. I'm pretty frugal in general unless it's concert tickets.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    samjam said:

Most things....lol

Being a human being is expensive. I'm pretty frugal in general unless it's concert tickets.

Same here. Except that now that hunting is off the table.. I'm learning how to budget meat back into my shopping.. I'm trying to find a good affordable co-op, because grocery store meat is a horrible thing to support.. I' move been on the front lines of that industry, and I just can't spend my money on that..
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    coffee for home....too damn expensive.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....