EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    I used to shave my head thinking I would save money on haircuts every month. Yea right. I'd get 2 shaves on my head before I needed to replace a razor. I use the Mach 4s or 10s, or whatever the newest Mach razor is. I ended up spending just as much on razors as I would on haircuts over an 18 month period of shaving my head.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,896

I used to shave my head thinking I would save money on haircuts every month. Yea right. I'd get 2 shaves on my head before I needed to replace a razor. I use the Mach 4s or 10s, or whatever the newest Mach razor is. I ended up spending just as much on razors as I would on haircuts over an 18 month period of shaving my head.

nothing sadder than a guy losing his hair.....

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    imalive said:

Lol. I wasn't losing it then. And it all grew back. Now, is a different story. My hairline is moving like Dave lettermans. In 5 years, I'll have an island of hair on top of my head.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    shipping...fucking rip-off. Here in Washington, we even get charged SALES TAX on shipping. I will buy more stuff just so I can get free shipping.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    When you rent a hotel room, the 'lodging tax' or 'room occupancy tax' in addition to sales tax.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    Shoes. It's so hard for me to find a pair of athletic shoes that a) are comfortable, b) fairly inexpensive, and c) don't look like they were dipped in a vat of Skittles vomit.
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Swiffer Sweeper refills. Fuck are they ever expensive! I have to grit my teeth every time I buy them.... But nothing works better with the pet hair.

Sooooo love those things!
    They're great! But when you have to use one every day, with only one use each, you're suddenly spending a shit load on the fucking things.
    I found some microfiber cloths that were specifically made for the swiffer sweeper, now I just toss those in the wash, I don't have to buy the disposables anymore.

...and cat litter is a waste of money. I hate clumping litter, tried a bunch of different 'natural litters' like Feline Pine, my cats didn't care so I finally switched to using those pellets they make for pellet stoves. Exact same thing as FP, no additives or glues since they are for burning. $5 for a 40# bag.
    That's exactly what we did too...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • MayDay10 said:

Razors

Heart Guard for the dogs

Razor Blades

The BIGGEST RIPOFF known to mankind.
    Really? $20 for fucking razors?
    And of course I cant by the throwaways, because they tear my face apart.
    Hell no.
    I can only use the most expensive blades on the market.
    Hahaha
    Try shave club. I'm in the same boat with the ripped apart face
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822

I shave my head...been doing it for 2-3 years now. I also thought I would save money because of no haircuts, but it ends up about the same.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    imalive said:

It is quite tragic.
  • MayDay10 said:

Razors

Heart Guard for the dogs

Razor Blades

The BIGGEST RIPOFF known to mankind.
    Really? $20 for fucking razors?
    And of course I cant by the throwaways, because they tear my face apart.
    Hell no.
    I can only use the most expensive blades on the market.
    Hahaha
    Try shave club. I'm in the same boat with the ripped apart face
    Not sure about shave club after reading this
    http://lifehacker.com/5903771/forget-dollar-shave-clubbuy-the-same-high-quality-razors-for-a-third-of-the-price

You can get a pack of 24 razors at the dollar store for $3. (where I am anyway)
    They are good for one or two shaves only if you shave every morning.
    It's a clean shave everyday.

I can't stand buying saran wrap.
    I don't know how I use an entire roll so fast, it just seems to disappear.

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    Gas... You might as well set your money on fire!
    Cat litter... You might as well put your cash in the box and have your cat shit on it.
    Water (tap is awful here)... All those fn jugs! Ugh!
    Bananas... Can never eat them in time before they turn to a brown mush pile on your counter.
    Like Speedy said, anything from Walgreens/CVS...Little old lady at the checkout judging me and my purchases!
    Printer ink...my company pays for it but man...it's such a pain in the ass having to get more and you always run out exactly at the worst time!
    Laundry soap... Can't explain this one but it makes me mad!
    Shoes... Shoe shopping is the absolute fn worst!
    Beer... Because I know I'm out, I don't want to be out, I just want it there at all times.
    Ice... Like I said...tap water here sucks so I can't make my own. Bag is awkward to carry, it's cold as shit, it often breaks open, and it's usually a solid block that you have to bash to get a couple cubes for your drink!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Clothes. Most people seem to like shopping for clothes, but I don't. All that changing in and out of items, trying to guess the right size, trying to see if anything goes with something else. It's all tedious.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited May 2015

Clothes. Most people seem to like shopping for clothes, but I don't. All that changing in and out of items, trying to guess the right size, trying to see if anything goes with something else. It's all tedious.

I hear ya! I despise shopping for clothes! My method is to walk into a store, turn around in a circle, and if nothing catches my eye I walk out of the store.
    I don't own very many clothes. :lol:

(I do love shopping for bags/purses though)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Me three. I don't have the patience for it anymore - the ordeal, the people, the sense of feeling overwhelmed.

Thank god for the ability to order online.
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Posts: 12,158
    edited May 2015
    Same for me. Can't stand any of it. Shirts. Shoes. Pants. Socks. Underwear. I hate trying stuff on in the little dressing rooms.

If I had the money I'd pay someone to shop for me. Just give them my measurements and tell them what stores to go to and they could text me pictures of stuff and I'd reply if I like it or not.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    Clothes shopping seriously fn sucks!
    Actually, I hate shopping for almost everything. Thank god for Amazon Prime!
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    yea 99% percent of my clothes from one ONE store and the vast majority of that is ordered from their website.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    edited May 2015
    Feminine items. I mean, you guys might want to take a stroll down that aisle and see the prices on the variety of pink boxes they offer us. I'm glad that they exist, don't get me wrong, but they are sinfully expensive. My husband is kind and will buy them at Sam's Club for me. "Make, model and serial number" is the text I get. Still-- EXPENSIVE!
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    deadendp said:

Feminine items. I mean, you guys might want to take a stroll down that aisle and see the prices on the variety of pink boxes they offer us. I'm glad that they exist, don't get me wrong, but they are sinfully expensive. My husband is kind and will buy them at Sam's Club for me. "Make, model and serial number" is the text I get. Still-- EXPENSIVE!

Lmao! Love your hubs' sense of humor!!! And yeah the prices on those things are outrageous!! My sisters and I joke that we're just gonna make our own one day out of cotton balls and yarn!
    ^^ If it were only that simple.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited May 2015
    deadendp said:

There has been talk recently about how taxing feminine hygiene products is an unfair and sexist tax. Like, taxing pads and tampons is a tax that ONLY women pay, and they have no choice about buying the product. It's not a product we can reasonably live without, so many are saying they should be tax free like groceries are. I tend to agree with this argument, but also never once thought about it until I heard this topic come up in the news.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    PJ Soul brings up a very valid point. Untax the Tampax!
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    edited May 2015
    I hate paying to check-in a bag on an airplane. Not that long ago I was smoking on planes and drinking for free. Now I have to pay to check my bag, damn.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,419
    Allergy Medicine. this time of year i spend so much on this shit and still end up sneezing and a runny nose for days.
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515
    anything "essential".
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    I usually just get the 12 pack for Bic sensitive razors that are cheap at the 99 cent store. Hate having to buy more clothes, though. Have to get some shorts soon since it's getting hotter in a few months for work.

Cold medicine as an emergency is a pain as well. I usually get the store brand alka seltzer.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,896

cdysinge said:

Why has none of the males said products for their significant others when aunt flo comes to visit. It was yet another time when a piece of my soul died when I finally agreed to start picking them up when at the store for my queen. I still to this day though bury them in the cart and use the self scan station. I only have about 40% of my soul left so I have to be careful.

I have NEVER in my life purchased for "aunt flo"
    I never will.
    Not happening

nor have I.

altho, once at work I was really on the rampage.....my subordinates left me a present.....mrs. imalive was pissed I didn't bring the gift home and said "do you know much those cost?!?!?"
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    My husband figures that I have purchased things specifically for him and not things that I would ever use myself, so he really doesn't care. In the end, the cash out folks know you aren't the one using it. I'm sure that the receipt checker at Sam's knows that he's not using the Tampax Pearl Super 96 count box either.