Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Post your stereo system!

1303132333436»

Comments

  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,546
    Just bought a pair of Triangle Borea Br03 speakers. Should be here next week.
    Also recently added an acrylic platter and an Orto Blue to my Debut, so hoping for a nice sound upgrade.
    I'll post pics when they arrive.
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 248
    eddiec said:
    Just bought a pair of Triangle Borea Br03 speakers. Should be here next week.
    Also recently added an acrylic platter and an Orto Blue to my Debut, so hoping for a nice sound upgrade.
    I'll post pics when they arrive.
    I noticed quite a difference when I upgraded from the ortofon red to the blue 👍 I'm sure the platter will help too.. I use an acrylic mat and that even made a difference.
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 248
    my very humble yet still impressive new purchase. Q acoustics 3020i. I have a small living room and use a pro-ject debut carbon turntable and for their price range these are hard to beat
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 23,275
    beano.79 said:
    eddiec said:
    Just bought a pair of Triangle Borea Br03 speakers. Should be here next week.
    Also recently added an acrylic platter and an Orto Blue to my Debut, so hoping for a nice sound upgrade.
    I'll post pics when they arrive.
    I noticed quite a difference when I upgraded from the ortofon red to the blue 👍 I'm sure the platter will help too.. I use an acrylic mat and that even made a difference.
    Yeah especially after break in.  I made both those upgrades too and was pleased.  Although I would put the record straight on the acrylic platter.
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 248
    mrussel1 said:
    beano.79 said:
    eddiec said:
    Just bought a pair of Triangle Borea Br03 speakers. Should be here next week.
    Also recently added an acrylic platter and an Orto Blue to my Debut, so hoping for a nice sound upgrade.
    I'll post pics when they arrive.
    I noticed quite a difference when I upgraded from the ortofon red to the blue 👍 I'm sure the platter will help too.. I use an acrylic mat and that even made a difference.
    Yeah especially after break in.  I made both those upgrades too and was pleased.  Although I would put the record straight on the acrylic platter.
    What I mean by that is I still have the original metal platter but use a 3mm acrylic mat and even this made a difference over rubber, cork or leather for me. So I'm sure an acrylic platter will make a huge difference. It may be the next upgrade I make.
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 248

    added lighting.....the wife is over the moon 😂
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,575
    Cool!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Calgary ABPosts: 4,128
    Bought some vintage gear and a new turntable for a second hifi set up in the dining room. 
    Turntable - Pro-Ject T1 with an Orofon OM Se cartridge (will probably upgrade later)
    Receiver: Sansui 5050
    Speakers - Design Acoustics D6

    My wife wanted bookshelf speakers for upstairs and those speaker give my Vandersteens in the basement a run for their money. 10” subwoofer in the back with five tweeters. Weird looking without the grill but great sound with lots of bottom end, far more than you would expect from a 24” speaker. 



  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 23,275
    Nice Sansui. Did you just get it? 

    What's the vintage market like today?  Is it still hot?  I have two pieces that are not in use that I may consider moving. 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Calgary ABPosts: 4,128
    Picked all that up yesterday at various locations. 
     I think vintage speakers and receivers are still pretty hot items, again it depends what you have. There is a website up here called canuckaudiomart and there is plenty to choose from. A couple record stores I frequent have plenty of vintage gear to sell. 
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,575
    mrussel1 said:
    Nice Sansui. Did you just get it? 

    What's the vintage market like today?  Is it still hot?  I have two pieces that are not in use that I may consider moving. 
    Which two pieces?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 23,275
    dudeman said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Nice Sansui. Did you just get it? 

    What's the vintage market like today?  Is it still hot?  I have two pieces that are not in use that I may consider moving. 
    Which two pieces?
    The Marantz 2245 and pioneer sx-780
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,575
    mrussel1 said:
    dudeman said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Nice Sansui. Did you just get it? 

    What's the vintage market like today?  Is it still hot?  I have two pieces that are not in use that I may consider moving. 
    Which two pieces?
    The Marantz 2245 and pioneer sx-780
    I think I sent you a PM but this site is pretty messed up on my phone. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 248
    new toy.. ortofon 2m bronze
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 23,275
    Nice!  Is that a pro-ject?  Looks like that tonearm from them or a Music Hall or something.  
  • I have been wondering if I should sell my 98' St.Louis Ames and use those funds to get something decent. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 34,740
    I have been wondering if I should sell my 98' St.Louis Ames and use those funds to get something decent. 
    You'd regret that one pretty fast, man! Sell of other stuff instead.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 23,275
    mfc2006 said:
    I have been wondering if I should sell my 98' St.Louis Ames and use those funds to get something decent. 
    You'd regret that one pretty fast, man! Sell of other stuff instead.
    Funny I was thinking the opposite.  I'm thinking of liquidating some prints.  I have a ton that will not leave the folder. 
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 248
    mrussel1 said:
    Nice!  Is that a pro-ject?  Looks like that tonearm from them or a Music Hall or something.  
    Yep... pro-ject debut carbon DC. Great turntable for the price.
Sign In or Register to comment.