Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Post your stereo system!

1282930313234»

Comments

• ikiTikiT USAPosts: 9,455
    That speaker behind him is no joke.
    10 years in the 10club... 2010-2020 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NYPosts: 2,081
    edited November 19

Finally!!!! After over 20 years of not having a turntable I finally got my speakers today and got to set this up. I know it’s nothing close to audiophile, but I am thrilled with it. I am listening to one of my albums now that hasn’t seen the light of day since the 90s. So excited to listen to all my vinyl. They have been ignored for too long

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 16,345
    edited November 19
    :clap:

And I loved that Met exhibit.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    :clap:

And I loved that Met exhibit.
    That exhibit was amazing. I took so many photos, but still had to buy the book.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 24,795
    GlowGirl said:

Finally!!!! After over 20 years of not having a turntable I finally got my speakers today and got to set this up. I know it’s nothing close to audiophile, but I am thrilled with it. I am listening to one of my albums now that hasn’t seen the light of day since the 90s. So excited to listen to all my vinyl. They have been ignored for too long

Sperry fan!!!

Congrats on coming back to analog.  What album did you bring out after all these years?  My album that I first spun after years of digital was a compilation called Give Me Back.  Man it was great hearing that album again.

So please @GlowGirl do tell!
    GlowGirl said:

Sperry fan!!!

Congrats on coming back to analog.  What album did you bring out after all these years?  My album that I first spun after years of digital was a compilation called Give Me Back.  Man it was great hearing that album again.

That Sperry book is gorgeous. The first album I listened to yesterday was the Beatles Red 1962-1966. My reason for that was somewhat sentimental. My parents bought me that album for my 8th birthday, and it was my first real record (outside of little kids records). So, I thought it should be first. After that, I spun Gigaton, Who's Next, and REM Document. Today, I think I might go for some Zeppelin, and maybe some Cure. Maybe some Pearl Jam Unplugged since I just got that one on vinyl. I don't know. My album collection is not super extensive (maybe 125 records). So lots of vinyl shopping to do.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 24,795
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Sperry fan!!!

That Sperry book is gorgeous. The first album I listened to yesterday was the Beatles Red 1962-1966. My reason for that was somewhat sentimental. My parents bought me that album for my 8th birthday, and it was my first real record (outside of little kids records). So, I thought it should be first. After that, I spun Gigaton, Who's Next, and REM Document. Today, I think I might go for some Zeppelin, and maybe some Cure. Maybe some Pearl Jam Unplugged since I just got that one on vinyl. I don't know. My album collection is not super extensive (maybe 125 records). So lots of vinyl shopping to do.
    Awesome!

I have had to do some serious cleaning to my older records.  When you're younger you don't know much so a cleaning I did!

GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Sperry fan!!!

Awesome!

I have had to do some serious cleaning to my older records.  When you're younger you don't know much so a cleaning I did!

That Beatles album I played yesterday was not the same one my parents gave me. I still have that one (for sentimentality), but also had to get a new one. Not only did I not take care of my albums when I was 8, but thought the way to wash them was under the tap :o . However, the ones I got in high school and college I did take good care of. My record player was crappy, which isn't good, but I had my little disc washer set - where the bottle of liquid fit into the wooden handled cleaning thingy. I used that religiously. When I played Who's Next yesterday (which I probably bought in 1983) I was expecting all kinds of crackles and skips - but it played beautifully. I am hoping most of the others will be in that kind of shape.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 19,310
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

Sperry fan!!!

Awesome!

That Beatles album I played yesterday was not the same one my parents gave me. I still have that one (for sentimentality), but also had to get a new one. Not only did I not take care of my albums when I was 8, but thought the way to wash them was under the tap :o . However, the ones I got in high school and college I did take good care of. My record player was crappy, which isn't good, but I had my little disc washer set - where the bottle of liquid fit into the wooden handled cleaning thingy. I used that religiously. When I played Who's Next yesterday (which I probably bought in 1983) I was expecting all kinds of crackles and skips - but it played beautifully. I am hoping most of the others will be in that kind of shape.

The Beatles reissues,  including the red and blue,  are fantastic.  All analog and really well done. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 19,351
    linear tracking tt better than seivel tonearm tt?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14