Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Post your stereo system!

1272829303133»

Comments

  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 18,751
    I will say that changing the speed to 45 would be easier on the Orbit as the belt is off to the side.  The Pro-ject is under the platter so you have to remove that.  
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom'sPosts: 10,880
    Thanks again...I ordered the project...should have it tomorrow

    It's nice that I can return the other one by just taking it to Kohl's.

    I'm still baffled as to how both turntables would have the same issue...shit like that drives me insane
    Remember the Thomas Nine!! (10/02/2018)

    1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley #1, Wrigley #2, Boston #1, Boston #2
    2020: Oakland1, Oakland2
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 18,751
    Thanks again...I ordered the project...should have it tomorrow

    It's nice that I can return the other one by just taking it to Kohl's.

    I'm still baffled as to how both turntables would have the same issue...shit like that drives me insane
    It's possible that it's bad luck, but it's also possible something else is up.  With the Proj-ect, you will need to use your receivers MM phono port, so hopefully that's not the issue.  You will get a nice set of cables in the box.  I guess the one thing you said that makes me think it was the unit was that playing with the cartridge cleaned or changed things up.  So hopefully that's the case.  The debut is pretty easy on the setup, but I'd definitely watch a video on YouTube first.  Good luck and let us know how it goes. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom'sPosts: 10,880
    edited October 8
    If it doesn't work with the new TT I might just throw everything in the lake.  

    But yeah I guess it is still possible that the left channel of the receiver phono input is fucked up.  
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on
    Remember the Thomas Nine!! (10/02/2018)

    1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley #1, Wrigley #2, Boston #1, Boston #2
    2020: Oakland1, Oakland2
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 16,219
    edited October 8
    If it doesn't work with the new TT I might just throw everything in the lake.  

    But yeah I guess it is still possible that the left channel of the receiver phono input is fucked up.  
    Yeah, could just be a fuse in your receiver.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom'sPosts: 10,880
    dankind said:
    If it doesn't work with the new TT I might just throw everything in the lake.  

    But yeah I guess it is still possible that the left channel of the receiver phono input is fucked up.  
    Yeah, could just be a fuse in your receiver.
    but it's brand new....not saying that isn't it but it was straight out of the box
    Remember the Thomas Nine!! (10/02/2018)

    1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley #1, Wrigley #2, Boston #1, Boston #2
    2020: Oakland1, Oakland2
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 18,751
    dankind said:
    If it doesn't work with the new TT I might just throw everything in the lake.  

    But yeah I guess it is still possible that the left channel of the receiver phono input is fucked up.  
    Yeah, could just be a fuse in your receiver.
    But he has the same problem on the aux in and the phono in, while not having the problem with cds or FM.  That seems very odd.  

    But I agree, if hte Debut exhibits the same behavior, it's the receiver. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom'sPosts: 10,880
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:
    If it doesn't work with the new TT I might just throw everything in the lake.  

    But yeah I guess it is still possible that the left channel of the receiver phono input is fucked up.  
    Yeah, could just be a fuse in your receiver.
    But he has the same problem on the aux in and the phono in, while not having the problem with cds or FM.  That seems very odd.  

    But I agree, if hte Debut exhibits the same behavior, it's the receiver. 
    you're right....I forgot about the aux in test.  I am so baffled I didn't even remember that
    Remember the Thomas Nine!! (10/02/2018)

    1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley #1, Wrigley #2, Boston #1, Boston #2
    2020: Oakland1, Oakland2
  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 7,590
    edited October 8
    On the verge of updating my turntable, just started doing some research. I have begun to contemplate whether or not I am taking full advantage of audiophile pressings.  Why pay the very high price for top-notch vinyl, if the rig is not really bringing out the best.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom'sPosts: 10,880
    I'll let you know how the project TT is...should be getting it tomorrow
    Remember the Thomas Nine!! (10/02/2018)

    1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley #1, Wrigley #2, Boston #1, Boston #2
    2020: Oakland1, Oakland2
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 18,751
    MedozK said:
    On the verge of updating my turntable, just started doing some research. I have begun to contemplate whether or not I am taking full advantage of audiophile pressings.  Why pay the very high price for top-notch vinyl, if the rig is not really bringing out the best.
    I can tell you that I heard a difference when I moved up to my new TT and a MC cart.  Of course it could always be placebo effect, but I don't think so.  
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 18,751
    MedozK said:
    On the verge of updating my turntable, just started doing some research. I have begun to contemplate whether or not I am taking full advantage of audiophile pressings.  Why pay the very high price for top-notch vinyl, if the rig is not really bringing out the best.d
    I will tell you this, since we have a lot of the same records.  When I first got the AP Nora Jones record, I had my old TT.  I thought the record sounded great, but that the vocals were a little forward and a tad hot.  When I upgraded, that was an album where I saw a huge improvement.  The record was much more refined and her vocals were just perfect.  I think for some records like the (in)famous Dark Side anniversary record or like the Nora Jones, you really see a difference on better equipment.  It can tame those records.  
  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 7,590
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    On the verge of updating my turntable, just started doing some research. I have begun to contemplate whether or not I am taking full advantage of audiophile pressings.  Why pay the very high price for top-notch vinyl, if the rig is not really bringing out the best.d
    I will tell you this, since we have a lot of the same records.  When I first got the AP Nora Jones record, I had my old TT.  I thought the record sounded great, but that the vocals were a little forward and a tad hot.  When I upgraded, that was an album where I saw a huge improvement.  The record was much more refined and her vocals were just perfect.  I think for some records like the (in)famous Dark Side anniversary record or like the Nora Jones, you really see a difference on better equipment.  It can tame those records.  
    Thanks, yea. The Nora is a bit hot on mine right now also. I've kinda gravitated towards either Rega Planar 8, or VPI Prime... but again still researching... this will probably be my Christmas gift this year... so might catch a deal a little later this year.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 18,751
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    On the verge of updating my turntable, just started doing some research. I have begun to contemplate whether or not I am taking full advantage of audiophile pressings.  Why pay the very high price for top-notch vinyl, if the rig is not really bringing out the best.d
    I will tell you this, since we have a lot of the same records.  When I first got the AP Nora Jones record, I had my old TT.  I thought the record sounded great, but that the vocals were a little forward and a tad hot.  When I upgraded, that was an album where I saw a huge improvement.  The record was much more refined and her vocals were just perfect.  I think for some records like the (in)famous Dark Side anniversary record or like the Nora Jones, you really see a difference on better equipment.  It can tame those records.  
    Thanks, yea. The Nora is a bit hot on mine right now also. I've kinda gravitated towards either Rega Planar 8, or VPI Prime... but again still researching... this will probably be my Christmas gift this year... so might catch a deal a little later this year.
    Both of those are great choices, just totally different aesthetics...classic vs industrial.  I went big too, so I would not think about it again until this one broke or something.  
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom'sPosts: 10,880
    Got the new tt... Hooked it up and no sound at all. I was in total freak out mode and did one more check on the connection. I had plugged into the wrong input on the receiver. 

    Sounds great. Thanks again 
    Remember the Thomas Nine!! (10/02/2018)

    1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley #1, Wrigley #2, Boston #1, Boston #2
    2020: Oakland1, Oakland2
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 18,751
    Got the new tt... Hooked it up and no sound at all. I was in total freak out mode and did one more check on the connection. I had plugged into the wrong input on the receiver. 

    Sounds great. Thanks again 
    Ha!  All right, you're finally in business.  Good deal.  Enjoy! 
  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 7,590
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    On the verge of updating my turntable, just started doing some research. I have begun to contemplate whether or not I am taking full advantage of audiophile pressings.  Why pay the very high price for top-notch vinyl, if the rig is not really bringing out the best.d
    I will tell you this, since we have a lot of the same records.  When I first got the AP Nora Jones record, I had my old TT.  I thought the record sounded great, but that the vocals were a little forward and a tad hot.  When I upgraded, that was an album where I saw a huge improvement.  The record was much more refined and her vocals were just perfect.  I think for some records like the (in)famous Dark Side anniversary record or like the Nora Jones, you really see a difference on better equipment.  It can tame those records.  
    Thanks, yea. The Nora is a bit hot on mine right now also. I've kinda gravitated towards either Rega Planar 8, or VPI Prime... but again still researching... this will probably be my Christmas gift this year... so might catch a deal a little later this year.
    Both of those are great choices, just totally different aesthetics...classic vs industrial.  I went big too, so I would not think about it again until this one broke or something.  
    Did you set your VPI up yourself? ... looks like you can adjust these all kinda ways.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 18,751
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    On the verge of updating my turntable, just started doing some research. I have begun to contemplate whether or not I am taking full advantage of audiophile pressings.  Why pay the very high price for top-notch vinyl, if the rig is not really bringing out the best.d
    I will tell you this, since we have a lot of the same records.  When I first got the AP Nora Jones record, I had my old TT.  I thought the record sounded great, but that the vocals were a little forward and a tad hot.  When I upgraded, that was an album where I saw a huge improvement.  The record was much more refined and her vocals were just perfect.  I think for some records like the (in)famous Dark Side anniversary record or like the Nora Jones, you really see a difference on better equipment.  It can tame those records.  
    Thanks, yea. The Nora is a bit hot on mine right now also. I've kinda gravitated towards either Rega Planar 8, or VPI Prime... but again still researching... this will probably be my Christmas gift this year... so might catch a deal a little later this year.
    Both of those are great choices, just totally different aesthetics...classic vs industrial.  I went big too, so I would not think about it again until this one broke or something.  
    Did you set your VPI up yourself? ... looks like you can adjust these all kinda ways.
    I got it from Upscale Audio. They set it up and then disassemble into a few pieces and ship.  I checked the alignment and azimuth when it arrived and it was perfect.  Good experience. I talked to the guy that assembled a few times too. Great communication. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 24,645
    Got the new tt... Hooked it up and no sound at all. I was in total freak out mode and did one more check on the connection. I had plugged into the wrong input on the receiver. 

    Sounds great. Thanks again 
    Back in action.

    Congrats!
Sign In or Register to comment.