Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Post your stereo system!

1293031323335»

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 20,260
    Man,  I haven't seen Jensen in years.  Are they vintage? They look like it,  but the condition appears pristine. 
  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 7,943
    Well my system updates are now complete. VERY happy to upgrade from my Music Hall 2.2 w/AT440MLb to my new VPI Super Prime Scout w/ Ortofon 2M Black cartridge. It also has the upgraded 10.5" Tonearm, 2" Prime platter & VTA on the fly.

I upgraded my Marantz PM5005 w/ phono with a new tube combo. I am running an Icon Audio PS2 phono stage amp into a new Muzishare KT88 amp. The analog sound is phenomenal. Now I do need to get more burn in hours, but if it only gets better I am a VERY happy person.

Have already rolled the tubes and replaced the stock 12AX7s in the Icon Audio to new Gold  Lion ECC83 (12AX7). I replaced all 4 KT88 power tubes at the rectifier tube in the Muzishare to new issue Gold Lions. I then went vintage for the pre amp tubes in the Muzishare. I have 2 vintage 1960 Sylvania 12AU7s and 1 vintage RCA 12AX7. After quite a few hours on these I plan to roll in some vintage Mullards and see how those sound. 

Very happy, now to listen to some AAA music.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 20,260
    Looks fanfuckingtastic!
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,460
    Very nice!  Congrats on the new gear.

Gold Lions are solid tubes. I put a matched quad of their EL84s in my guitar amp a few months ago. Sounds great!

What speakers are you running all of that into?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    mrussel1 said:
    Looks fanfuckingtastic!
    Thanks, man. Your recommendation of the turntable actually kinda started the whole upgrade.
    edited February 28
    dudeman said:
    Very nice!  Congrats on the new gear.

Gold Lions are solid tubes. I put a matched quad of their EL84s in my guitar amp a few months ago. Sounds great!

What speakers are you running all of that into?
    Thanks, Speakers are the weak link. I have ELAC Debut F5 speakers. With the tube amps, I felt the bass was a little lacking with the 3x 5.25 speakers, so I added an ELAC SUB1010 10" Sub. I'm running it through the Hi-Level Ins and damn it is perfect. I have the crossover set at 80hz and it takes that low end and makes it pop. It accentuates the bass, to where I close my eyes and can't really hear the sub, but the bass is there and tight.. REALLY enjoying all this right now. And with all that said, I am REALLY enjoying what I am hearing.

Listening to Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow right now and WOW.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,201
    MedozK said:
    Well my system updates are now complete. VERY happy to upgrade from my Music Hall 2.2 w/AT440MLb to my new VPI Super Prime Scout w/ Ortofon 2M Black cartridge. It also has the upgraded 10.5" Tonearm, 2" Prime platter & VTA on the fly.

I upgraded my Marantz PM5005 w/ phono with a new tube combo. I am running an Icon Audio PS2 phono stage amp into a new Muzishare KT88 amp. The analog sound is phenomenal. Now I do need to get more burn in hours, but if it only gets better I am a VERY happy person.

Have already rolled the tubes and replaced the stock 12AX7s in the Icon Audio to new Gold  Lion ECC83 (12AX7). I replaced all 4 KT88 power tubes at the rectifier tube in the Muzishare to new issue Gold Lions. I then went vintage for the pre amp tubes in the Muzishare. I have 2 vintage 1960 Sylvania 12AU7s and 1 vintage RCA 12AX7. After quite a few hours on these I plan to roll in some vintage Mullards and see how those sound. 

Looks unbelievable man. I love when you get new stereo equipment and start hearing new things in the music you play. Enjoy!!
    May 30th said:
    MedozK said:

Looks unbelievable man. I love when you get new stereo equipment and start hearing new things in the music you play. Enjoy!!
    Thanks, should be a lot of fun
  • MedozK said:
    May 30th said:
    MedozK said:

Thanks, should be a lot of fun
    Some next level stuff there! Looks awesome! 
    www.cluthelee.com