Options

Crowdsourcing "Unlikely to Happen"

Comments

• Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    edited May 2015
    And this thread had deteriorated into trolling once again.

Dear mods, how about a lock? I think we've all heard this broken record enough.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548

And this thread had deteriorated into trolling once again.

Dear mods, how about a lock? I think we've all heard this broken record enough.

Hey if you want to use social media to raise a million dollars so you can play out some childish fantasy you need to be prepared to accept the criticism along with it.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Really don't see much trolling.
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,849
    I like turtles.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,562

I like turtles.

I'm originally from Maryland.....I like Diamondback Turtles
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682

I like turtles.

I swam with giant turtles once....
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    turtles are badasses
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Yep, they were pretty much like that :) Was in Barbados (which makes me sound rich but we're really not, my brother - the successful one = paid for us!)
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Giant Tortoises or Galapagos Tortoises are my FAVORITE. If I ever become a gazillionaire I want to have an animal sanctuary fully staffed and doing actual good conservation/rehabilitation work and I want to have a couple there that I can feed mangoes when I'm in town.

This one lives in the Bronx Zoo image

This one is in the Auckland Zoo image

I can't find the photos of my favorite - the one in the Honolulu zoo who was eating a mango. I think it must be on my camera.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

badbrains said:

badbrains said:

smarchee said:

I don't like crowds

Amen Chris, especially elitist crowds haha
    Lol you know everybody!
    You must of not got the memo when you were on you hiatus, I'm the mayor of the club.
    which club?..swedish boys of Amsterdam??..hehehhehhe
    You're the president of that club puta hahaha
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    CopperTom said:

We are simply a grassroots movement that knows Pearl Jam Forest Hills would be amazing for the fans, the band, and the community. We remain faithful, as the song goes.

He forgot to mention that it would be amazing for THE WORLD! :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

smarchee said:

I don't like crowds

Lol you know everybody!
    You must of not got the memo when you were on you hiatus, I'm the mayor of the club.
    Lol nope. I guess I didn't. ;-) all hail Mayor BB!
  • Options
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

smarchee said:

I don't like crowds

Lol you know everybody!
    Lol nope. I guess I didn't. ;-) all hail Mayor BB!
  • Options
    WTF?!?! Why is it double posting on JUST this thread????

Turtles and Tortoises are cool. Crowd sourcing? Not so cool. I figure if these guys make this work, than it's only fair I get to crowd source a trip around the world! ( just kidding, that would be stupid!)
  • Options
    OMG I'm over the hump towards 10,000 posts!! ( sadly, that took me 20 years!! Lol)
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,833

OMG I'm over the hump towards 10,000 posts!! ( sadly, that took me 20 years!! Lol)

Do double posts count twice??
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,461
    ldent42 said:

Giant Tortoises or Galapagos Tortoises are my FAVORITE. If I ever become a gazillionaire I want to have an animal sanctuary fully staffed and doing actual good conservation/rehabilitation work and I want to have a couple there that I can feed mangoes when I'm in town.

This one lives in the Bronx Zoo image

This one is in the Auckland Zoo image

I can't find the photos of my favorite - the one in the Honolulu zoo who was eating a mango. I think it must be on my camera.

Pretty sure that's the same turtle.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    I saw Trampled By Turtles last night. Fantastic band from the great State of Minnesota.
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited May 2015
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    edited May 2015

I like turtles.

I saw Trampled By Turtles last night. Fantastic band from the great State of Minnesota.

Speaking of Maryland and turtles and Trampled by Turtles... I'll be seeing them later this month at DelFest, right in my hometown.
  • Options
    courtmcccourtmcc South Jersey Posts: 1,143
    I knew it wouldn't happen. Time to give the people their refunds!
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    Really though. The respectful thing at this point is to take the thing down. Perhaps keep the group together as a PJ Forest Hills "fan group" and get together, connect on social media, etc... Do some charitable things and keep noticed. Im sure if it were ever conceivable to put on a show there, they may consider it.

At this point holding out "until you hear a hard 'no'" and implying that the band isn't allowing people's dreams to come true is kind of being a dick.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    Can we b
    courtmcc said:

I knew it wouldn't happen. Time to give the people their refunds!

Didn't they say it would take a cease and desist order from PJ to get them to stop?

Did they take money yet though or was it just pledges?
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    It is just pledges. With these things, nobody gets charged until an arbitrary point.
  • Options
    BCBA said:

Really though. The respectful thing at this point is to take the thing down. Perhaps keep the group together as a PJ Forest Hills "fan group" and get together, connect on social media, etc... Do some charitable things and keep noticed. Im sure if it were ever conceivable to put on a show there, they may consider it.

At this point holding out "until you hear a hard 'no'" and implying that the band isn't allowing people's dreams to come true is kind of being a dick.

I have to agree.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

Didn't they say it would take a cease and desist order from PJ to get them to stop?

Is that true? That's borderline stalker-ish (as in: I'll-keep-pursuing-you-until-I-am-legally-told-to-stop).
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

Is that true? That's borderline stalker-ish (as in: I'll-keep-pursuing-you-until-I-am-legally-told-to-stop).
    No. They never said that. This is like a child's game of passing the story along from person to person. It only gets more ridiculous with each post.

The organizer said he would shut it down when management contacted him with a hard no. If I understood that correctly, that is not a cease and desist order.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    A Cease and Desist Order served by all members of the band, and played in musical form in a 30 song set?
  • Options

SD48277 said:

No. They never said that. This is like a child's game of passing the story along from person to person. It only gets more ridiculous with each post.

The organizer said he would shut it down when management contacted him with a hard no. If I understood that correctly, that is not a cease and desist order.
    That's what I read too. None the less, still persistent enough to be borderline scary..
  • Options
    edited May 2015

SD48277 said:

That's what I read too. None the less, still persistent enough to be borderline scary..
    What's scary are the people that sit outside of venues waiting to shake EV's hand, or to ask him if they can hug him, or profess their love to him. That's scary. The organizer of the crowdfund doesn't seem scary at all.
    Post edited by joberschlake on