Options

Got my RSD mystery package today

Comments

• Options
    Thanks WG. I'm really hyped.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

Avocado and Not For You. 2.05 weight. It is one of two albums I have never really listened to by this band and I'm stoked that this is how I am going to really dive in. Thank you 10c

Enjoy! Great freakin' album!! :plus_one:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    edited May 2015
    epie said:

RKCNDY said:

PhilWalch said:

tres mts = "trace mountains"

I always thought you'd pronounce it like it was french, like "Trey Mountains".

I thought considering that tres is 3 and the album is called "Three Mountains" that it is Three Mountains. So what has "Trace Mountains" got to do with it? Or am I just being thick?
    Sounds like Spanish to me.
    yes, '3 mountains' representing the 3 members of the band...Jeff, dUg, and Richard.
    I got this too and interesting that McCready stays in the background on this album and not in the gatefold photo. I didn't even realize he was on this album to be honest. I have it spinning now and a little different but enjoying it.
    I had absolutely no idea he was on it until mentioned right now. I've had the album since it was released. I also discovered today that it has a 7" record in it, and some photos. I was not observant, apparently. Nice vinyl package actually!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    edited May 2015
    After being in SW Columbus on Wednesday and traveling to Cincinnati and back to Columbus, my 2.32 pounds of mystery came today.

Colored Music for Film
    What appears to be black RNDM

I could have done better, but it's two ones I didn't have.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    BeetJuice said:

PhilWalch said:

I thought considering that tres is 3 and the album is called "Three Mountains" that it is Three Mountains. So what has "Trace Mountains" got to do with it? Or am I just being thick?
    Well the cover is a picture from the church in Barcelona... Segrada Familia.
    Maybe the most awe-inspiring church I've seen in my life. I'm not a religious person (though I'm spiritual) but that room gave me shivers. I spent about four hours there walking around.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411

After being in SW Columbus on Wednesday and traveling to Cincinnati and back to Columbus, my 2.32 pounds of mystery came today.

Colored Music for Film

Ahhh... Eskimo HALF-Brothers. Glad to see you got something you didn't already have!
    benjs said:

BeetJuice said:

PhilWalch said:

Maybe the most awe-inspiring church I've seen in my life. I'm not a religious person (though I'm spiritual) but that room gave me shivers. I spent about four hours there walking around.
    YES!! 1000x YES!! One of the most amazing things I've ever seen. Wife and I promised to go back in 15 years.
  • Options
    JB111896 said:

My Pearl Jam fan club mystery vinyl box arrived today. No Pearl Jam vinyl for me. It's what I expected. For the Pearl Jam fan club mystery box, I received a Who t-shirt and a hat for The Who. For the show at Wrigley, the tickets I received from the Ten Club put me right behind a beam so I couldn't see the stage. It's like if they have an equivalent to a "No Fly List" my name must be on it. Someone there doesn't want me to see, hear, or wear Pearl Jam. My name is on their "No Pearl Jam" list. I'm sorry. I didn't know she was your girlfriend. She told me she was single. Is there any way you can let me back into the Pearl Jam fan club again?

If anyone is keeping track I received Mad Season - Above; and Mother Love Bone - Hold Your Head Up. Weight was 1.82 lbs.

It's all a mystery. :smile:

I also got the who shirt, but I wear it a lot...wore it to Cincinnati 2014. My other shirt was the red Oregon 2007(ish) McCready fundraiser one.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    wg said:

Colored Music for Film

Ahhh... Eskimo HALF-Brothers. Glad to see you got something you didn't already have!

...and this is the guy (me) who never was into the side projects much. I totally mind-farted on the chance to see Brad open for Band of Horses later in 2010 (after I saw BoH open for Pearl Jam.)... My CDs from the PJ mystery box were one of the Canadian 2011 shows, Tres Mts, Brad (Best Friends?) and the Just Breathe single.

...they must keep tabs of what they send people...I didn't get a duplicate of anything from any past purchase. I'm not complaining. I guess I'll keep on fighting on for that copy of RVM vinyl. (WHY OH WHY DID I PASS IT IN THE 2006 NEWSLETTER? ARGH!!! "not really into vinyl...I'll pass.")
  • Options
    JB111896 said:

My Pearl Jam fan club mystery vinyl box arrived today. No Pearl Jam vinyl for me. It's what I expected. For the Pearl Jam fan club mystery box, I received a Who t-shirt and a hat for The Who. For the show at Wrigley, the tickets I received from the Ten Club put me right behind a beam so I couldn't see the stage. It's like if they have an equivalent to a "No Fly List" my name must be on it. Someone there doesn't want me to see, hear, or wear Pearl Jam. My name is on their "No Pearl Jam" list. I'm sorry. I didn't know she was your girlfriend. She told me she was single. Is there any way you can let me back into the Pearl Jam fan club again?

If anyone is keeping track I received Mad Season - Above; and Mother Love Bone - Hold Your Head Up. Weight was 1.82 lbs.

I never post, but I had to say your post had me tears! I can relate!
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    The Live On Ten Legs everyone keeps receiving, are they the nicely packaged box sets with the mini posters, pictures, and CD or just the LP? Just wondering.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434

The Live On Ten Legs everyone keeps receiving, are they the nicely packaged box sets with the mini posters, pictures, and CD or just the LP? Just wondering.

From one of the pictures I saw, it looked like just the LP, but I can't be certain
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    scurtis said:

From one of the pictures I saw, it looked like just the LP, but I can't be certain
    I think I remember that the list of items had both.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    PJ_Soul said:

There are a lot of different kinds of collectors! :) The one thing all collectors should do, though, is make sure they really understand the value of whatever happens to come their way, since trading, buying, and selling is a necessary part of the hobby.

PJ_Soul said:

I had absolutely no idea he was on it until mentioned right now. I've had the album since it was released. I also discovered today that it has a 7" record in it, and some photos. I was not observant, apparently. Nice vinyl package actually!

#FHP
  • Options
    SS9981SS9981 Posts: 1,729
    edited May 2015
    Mystery vinyl arrived in southern Indiana today. Received Ed's Ukulele Songs & M.L.B.'s Hold Your Head Up. Already own both, but going to give the Uke to my friend Jason from Joe's Record's in Corydon Indiana. He doesn't own one & always does right by me on RSD days. If anyone is interested in the M.L.B., am open to any offers! May not have scored what I hoped for, but the anticipation was fun & I got to help out a great friend. Thank you 10 Club! Oh yeah, it was 2.2 lbs.
    Post edited by SS9981 on
    Scott A. Setser
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    SS9981 said:

Mystery vinyl arrived in southern Indiana today. Received Ed's Ukulele Songs & M.L.B.'s Hold Your Head Up. Already own both, but going to give the Uke to my friend Jason from Joe's Record's in Corydon Indiana. He doesn't own one & always does right by me on RSD days. If anyone is interested in the M.L.B., am open to any offers! May not have scored what I hoped for, but the anticipation was fun & I got to help out a great friend. Thank you 10 Club! Oh yeah, it was 2.2 lbs.

That's awesome!
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 364
    Horos said:

PJ_Soul said:

There are a lot of different kinds of collectors! :) The one thing all collectors should do, though, is make sure they really understand the value of whatever happens to come their way, since trading, buying, and selling is a necessary part of the hobby.

PJ_Soul said:

:lol:
  • Options
    SS9981 said:

Very cool Scott - nice you're able to hook you're guy up with a beautiful record! Cheers!
    Red Rocks 6/19/95 * Rapid City 6/24/98 * EV Vegas 11/1/12 * EV Tulsa 11/19/12 * Wrigley Field 7/19/13 * Brooklyn 10/19/13 * Philly 10/21/13 * Philly 10/22/13 * Hartford 10/25/13 * OKC 11/16/13 * Tulsa 10/8/2014 * Lincoln 10/9/2014 * Moline 10/17/2014 * St Paul 10/19/2014 * Greenville 4/16/16 * Philly 4/28/16 * Philly 4/29/16 * MSG 5/1/16 * MSG 5/2/16 * Wrigley 8/20/16 * Seattle 8/8/18 * Seattle 8/10/18 * Wrigley 8/18/18 * Asbury Park 9/18/21 * St Louis 9/18/22 * Denver 9/22/22 * St Paul 8/31/23
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,452

cutz said:

Brad-Best Friends? & Unthought Known/Amongst The Waves(Live from Auckland, NZ----2009-11-27)

Willing to give this away to anyone who is interested.

I don't have the brad vinyl so I'd be interested. Let me know your PayPal and I'll send you money for shipping.
    Sorry, but it's already been claimed.

• Options
    BeetJuiceBeetJuice Posts: 61
    wg said:

Colored Music for Film

benjs said:

BeetJuice said:

PhilWalch said:

YES!! 1000x YES!! One of the most amazing things I've ever seen. Wife and I promised to go back in 15 years.
    Gaudi's Park is amazing too.
    Need to go back when the church is finished
    "Don't Gimmie No Lip, You've Got To Face This Shit"
  • Options
    Horos said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I was still aware of the value of it Horos. ;)
  • Options
    themrpearljamthemrpearljam Posts: 307

Mine was just the L.p.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    benjs said:

BeetJuice said:

PhilWalch said:

And correct me if I'm wrong, but it's still not done and has had 3 foremans since its beginning? Viva catalanya Visca barca! Haha
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Horos said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Oh shit, hahaha. Somebody got #worked
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Enjoyed tres mtns way more than I ever thought I would .. And RNDM but as for bad season I think I'm the only one in these parts who doesn't get it. I'm the odd one out :anguished:
  • Options
    Not even a burn..... or a rumor of what my 1.91 might be? Mine is on the barge to an island in the Pacific so it won't be here until late next week.
    Thanks for your replies!
    Honolulu Dec 2, 2006
    Seattle Sept 21 & 22 2009
    Portland Sept 26, 2009
    Madison Square Garden May 20 & 21, 2010
    Bridge School Oct 23 & 24, 2010
    Alpine Valley - PJ20 Sept 3 & 4, 2011
    DeLuna Sept 21, 2012
    Atlanta Sept 22, 2012
    Missoula Sept 30, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    Portland Nov 29, 2013
    Spokane Nov 30, 2013
    Vancouver Dec 4, 2013
    Seattle Dec 6, 2013
    Tulsa Oct 8, 2014
    Lincoln Oct 9, 2014
    Telluride July 9, 2016
    Boston Aug 5 & 7, 2016
    Chicago 20 & 21, 2016
    New York Apr 7, 2017
    Seattle 8 & 10, 2018
    Missoula Aug 13, 2018
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,913
    pdalowsky said:

Enjoyed tres mtns way more than I ever thought I would .. And RNDM but as for bad season I think I'm the only one in these parts who doesn't get it. I'm the odd one out :anguished:

You re not alone; I never liked mad season either. Not my cup of tea.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    badbrains said:

benjs said:

BeetJuice said:

PhilWalch said:

And correct me if I'm wrong, but it's still not done and has had 3 foremans since its beginning? Viva catalanya Visca barca! Haha
    Correct! If you visit you'll find that it's based almost exclusively on organic materials. I had heard that Gaudi's vision was that a structure truly based on organics, like organic material, should be ever-changing. Hence, the ongoing construction of the Sagrada Familia is paid for at this point by the people who experience it, and so long as the foot traffic holds up, it will be perpetually different with each visit.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Yeah
    mcgruff10 said:

pdalowsky said:

You re not alone; I never liked mad season either. Not my cup of tea.
    Im not a Mad Season fan either, sounds very much of its time. Just my opinion as loads love it and the quality of the recent pressing seemed really good. Might give it another go sometime.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited May 2015
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    wecrazybobwecrazybob Posts: 1,027

wg said:

Colored Music for Film

...and this is the guy (me) who never was into the side projects much. I totally mind-farted on the chance to see Brad open for Band of Horses later in 2010 (after I saw BoH open for Pearl Jam.)... My CDs from the PJ mystery box were one of the Canadian 2011 shows, Tres Mts, Brad (Best Friends?) and the Just Breathe single.

...they must keep tabs of what they send people...I didn't get a duplicate of anything from any past purchase. I'm not complaining. I guess I'll keep on fighting on for that copy of RVM vinyl. (WHY OH WHY DID I PASS IT IN THE 2006 NEWSLETTER? ARGH!!! "not really into vinyl...I'll pass.")
    I went to that show to see Brad. You didn't miss much that night, Shawn Smith was sick and couldn't sing much. I think Stone sang one, but Band of Horses blew my mind. Went and bought all their albums the next day.
    Toledo, Oh 09-22-96, Chicago, Illinois 06-29-98, Portland, Oregon 07-18-98, Vancouver, British Columbia 07-19-98, Seattle 07-21-98, Seattle 07-22-98, Noblesville, Indiana 08-17-98, East Lansing, Michigan 08-18-98, Barrie, Ontario 08-22-98, Auburn Hills, Michigan 08-23-98, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 08-25-98, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 08-26-98, Camden, Camden, New Jersey 08-28-98 Camden, New Jersey 08-29-98,Knoxville, Tennessee 09-06-98, Columbia, Maryland 09-18-98,Mountain View, California 10-30-99,Mountain View, California 10-31-99, Virginia Beach, Virginia 08-03-00,Charlotte, North Carolina 08-04-00,Greensboro, North Carolina 08-06-00, Atlanta, Georgia 08-07-00,West Palm Beach, Florida 08-09-00,West Palm Beach, Florida 08-10-00,Tampa, Florida 08-12-00,New Orleans, Louisiana 08-14-00,Memphis, Tennessee 08-15-00,Nashville, Tennessee 08-17-00, Noblesville, Indiana 08-18-00,Cincinnati, Ohio 08-20-00,Columbus, Ohio 08-21-00, Wantagh, New York 08-23-00, Wantagh, New York 08-24-00,Wantagh, New York 08-25-00, Saratoga Springs, New York 08-27-00,Mansfield, Massachusetts 08-29-00,Mansfield, Massachusetts 08-30-00,Camden, New Jersey 09-01-00,Camden, New Jersey 09-02-00,Columbia, Maryland 09-04-00,Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 09-05-00,Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-00, East Troy, Wisconsin 10-08-00,Chicago, Illinois 10-09-00,Cleveland, Ohio 04-25-03,Columbus, Ohio 06-24-03,Kitchener, ON 09-11-05, London, ON 9-12-05,Hamilton, ON 9-13-05,Cincinnati, Ohio 06-24-06, Chicago, Illinois 7-19-13, Cincinnati, Ohio 10-01-14, St. Louis, Missouri 10-03-14, Memphis, Tennessee 10-14-14,Detroit, Michigan 10-16-14, Moline, Illinois 10-17-14, Columbia SC 4-21-16 , Lexington KY 4-26-16, Philadelphia PA 4-28-16, Philadelphia PA 4-29-16, Boston 8-5-16 , Boston 8-7-16 Chicago 8-20-16, Chicago 8-22-16, Seattle 8-8-18, Seattle 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18, Chicago 8-18-18, Chicago 8-20-18, Boston 9-2-18, Boston 9-4-18