Options

Got my RSD mystery package today

1545556575860»

Comments

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    korn-1 said:

Cost of a CD more than vinyl...those were the days.

Ain't that a bitch? I guess that's the biz, but there is no other reason than greed as to why the average price for a new record seems to be $20 these days. When records started to become popular again, I knew this was going to happen, just not so dramatically. Oh well, at least more records are being pressed and when the trendsters get tired of it, I will be hitting the used bins to buy those $20 for $5. Probably no PJ though because fans seem to like to put them on a shelf and look at their many sealed copies.
    Where are you finding new records for $20 even? Im lucky if i can find anything under $30, most of what i see around here is $34.99-39.99. Thats why i spend hours digging thru used bins and thrift shops. Id much rather support a local business but i finally broke down and bought Superunknown off an auction for $36 cause the one sitting in my local shop is priced at $60.
    This is my last derailing post in this thread, but Temporary Residence is a great label that puts out quality releases for fair prices. I recommend EVERYTHING by this band- shop.temporaryresidence.com/explosions-in-the-sky
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    AW124797AW124797 Posts: 644
    This seemed like a lot of fun. How many times did it happen? I'd love to participate one day. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    Hope 10club does another RSD mystery sale this year.

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    They are always pretty fun.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    They are always pretty fun.

Indeed!