Options

Got my RSD mystery package today

Comments

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited April 2015
    Lisa. I don't know you, but congrats. That's awesome and makes most of us smile along with you. Don't listen to us bitter people who either didn't get thru (white screen of death for me) or who didn't get a rare Benny in the mystery sale. Spin it, and enjoy. Thanks for posting the pic. :peace:
    Good things happen to good people for good reasons. Hell...all this makes today at work more tolerable. Love this place (for all the positive vibes)
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,613
    edited April 2015
    I would just be happy with a mere Avocado, Lost Dogs, or Yield.... I couldnt get through the Shipping screen. Went outside to enjoy the day and they went back on sale. Shame on me.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited April 2015
    from what i can tell people are not upset or "bitter" with the actual Benny winner, quite the opposite actually, i think everyone loves the fact that she got her holy grail and will be spinning it tonight!!!

people are upset that the 10c MIGHT be playing god and picking "winners" with something that is supposed to be random

if you cant tell the difference, then i dont know what to tell you
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    bean8969bean8969 Posts: 99

bean8969 said:

just saw a post at facebook
    "Coke bottle Ten and No Jeremy Christmas single"
    coke vinyl are show up as well!!

That was me. If I was going to get a single I already have, I'm very happy I got No Jeremy. I had planned to eventually buy one since my bastard cat chewed on the cover of mine. My fault for leaving it out but that doesn't make it right.

Nice score! But I see they also sent you some Lego... This just proves this whole thing was rigged and some people are getting special treatment!
    hahahahahahaaha....
    i hope was pj lego and not creed lego!!
    LOL!!!
  • Options
    af7ukaf7uk Sheffield, UK Posts: 90
    I honestly don't think there's any bitterness. Well, i'd certainly hope not anyway. All people seem to want is transparency & to trust all members are being treated equally.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,901
    my2hands said:

from what i can tell people are not upset or "bitter" with the actual Benny winner, quite the opposite actually, i think everyone loves the fact that she got her holy grail and will be spinning it tonight!!!

people are upset that the 10c MIGHT be playing god and picking "winners" with something that is supposed to be random

in the end, no one knows for sure. it's much ado about stuffing.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    The fact that it's not random and that she got one is why I'm happy and hoping 10C did it on purpose.

I don't think it takes away from the validity of the sale at all. There's no way they hand picked 1000 packages and cross referenced forum handles with actual names.

In all reality, someone said "let's make sure that person who has been begging for a Benny reissue for the last 4 years gets one, she will clearly appreciate it and it will make her day."

It wasn't a question of favoring one member over another, likely more just making sure that one member got looked after.

And I think that makes this great, hardly worth questioning the integrity of 10C or this sale.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    my2hands said:

Exactly. I love when someone questions the club and everyone jumps on that person. I really think their thoughts are "well, it does seem fishy, but if I support the fan club in a public way maybe they'll choose me for tickets in the lottery"

I think I've read 1 negative post since the Benny pic. Just 1. Most, not all, most...have said congrats. They just questioned how this was run. Nothing else.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Congrats, Leezestarr!! I am so happy for you!! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Guys, to be precise, it was a mystery sale, meaning it's a mystery to you what you will get, not that it's 100% random. The mere fact that they gave ranges for each item already gives the 10c the power to decide if more or less of us will get something good or not. Giving away an extra benny to a particular person doesn't make one little difference to the whole game.

The 10c is all about creating a community of like minded fans - a family of sorts. Pearl jam has always honoured and rewarded people who actively contribute to the community, which I love about the band. Myself I'm not particularly active here on the boards, I don't travel with the band when they tour... I have been a fan since 1991 and have only seen them live 4 times. I know that I will never be mentioned by Eddie at a concert or get a benny sent to me for engaging with the community. But the fact that the band and the club cares about its fans and does these things for "active" members is one of the reasons I love the band.

Now back to waiting a few more weeks for my backspacer to arrive...
    Good luck to all...
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,943
    scurtis said:

The fact that it's not random and that she got one is why I'm happy and hoping 10C did it on purpose.

I don't think it takes away from the validity of the sale at all. There's no way they hand picked 1000 packages and cross referenced forum handles with actual names.

In all reality, someone said "let's make sure that person who has been begging for a Benny reissue for the last 4 years gets one, she will clearly appreciate it and it will make her day."

It wasn't a question of favoring one member over another, likely more just making sure that one member got looked after.

And I think that makes this great, hardly worth questioning the integrity of 10C or this sale.

Perfectly put. Not to mention, if anyone worries about the skewing of the 'better' vinyl, I'm sure there's a market for an unopened Mystery Vinyl package anyways - you could certainly recoup your costs.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Seriously, there are aspects of this thread which absolutely typify why I no longer feel able to be a member of this forum community as I used to be.
    Some of you really need to re-read your comments when your envy, greed and bitterness subsides. At the moment you appear to be absolute and utter fuckwits.
    I used to run competitions in setlist threads, have given away things I've collected to others as this place was (primarily) about fans, not about consumerism and jealousy.
    A person has received a vinyl record they paid for.
    That is it.
    There are still vinyl records in the mail others have purchased.
    The value you place on that record is your own. In terms of the Benny, people have purchased it for varying amounts since it release, are you going to be as venomous to those who purchased it from 10C in the first place.
    If you have an issue with how 10c has undertaken the exercise then email them, don't got filling the forum with your spite.
    I don't know what is in my parcel which is somewhere in California, or flying over the Atlantic. Those of you complaining in here (who were lucky to be in with a chance), I hope that if you receive a Benny or a record you value then you'll come back on here and bitch as much about you receiving it and how you don't deserve it.
    Don't be dicks.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 143
    my2hands said:

This exactly! Benny isn't even in the top 5 of things I want in this sale, it just raises the question that if they've done it with this, what else have they done it with?
    It brings everything where people are meant to have equal chance into question.
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    dottles said:

Seriously, there are aspects of this thread which absolutely typify why I no longer feel able to be a member of this forum community as I used to be.
    Some of you really need to re-read your comments when your envy, greed and bitterness subsides. At the moment you appear to be absolute and utter fuckwits.
    I used to run competitions in setlist threads, have given away things I've collected to others as this place was (primarily) about fans, not about consumerism and jealousy.
    That is it.
    The value you place on that record is your own. In terms of the Benny, people have purchased it for varying amounts since it release, are you going to be as venomous to those who purchased it from 10C in the first place.
    If you have an issue with how 10c has undertaken the exercise then email them, don't got filling the forum with your spite.
    I don't know what is in my parcel which is somewhere in California, or flying over the Atlantic. Those of you complaining in here (who were lucky to be in with a chance), I hope that if you receive a Benny or a record you value then you'll come back on here and bitch as much about you receiving it and how you don't deserve it.
    Don't be dicks.

I believe this may be the most 'spite-filled' post I have seen here.
  • Options

Do you not see contradictory nature of your statement. What youve just described is absolutely favouring one member over another :)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,681
    edited April 2015

my2hands said:

This exactly! Benny isn't even in the top 5 of things I want in this sale, it just raises the question that if they've done it with this, what else have they done it with?
    It brings everything where people are meant to have equal chance into question.
    Who cares??
    I don't think anything has been thrown into question. They threw a Benny Leeze's way. That doesn't even mean that it was one of the 5 - 10 they listed in the first place. But even if it were, who cares? It's one order out of 1000+. But even if they hand picked ALL of the people who get Bennys I don't care. They would have chosen those who wouldn't sell it and would play it instead probably. In fact, if they actually did that, I'd be even happier!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,613
    I dont know. I think I can see/understand everyone's viewpoint here... although people need to not confuse those people questioning the process with people pooping on the Benny recipient. Most have said they are happy for her... but....

To me. I dont know. Maybe it was random. Maybe not. it gives me a little pause because tickets are now chosen behind a curtain.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,901
    FOR ALL ANYONE KNOWS, IT ACTUALLY WAS RANDOM. EMAIL 10C AND ASK.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,186
    dottles said:

That is it.
    Don't be dicks.

Welcome back!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,681
    I hope they handpicked every single person they sent a Benny to, and only chose people they knew would spin it and not sell it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 953
    For those so concerned about where the benny goes, just assume it was random luck rather than any preference (as you cant say for sure it specially selected) and just feel happy a real fan has a copy.
  • Options
    cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    dottles said:

At the moment you appear to be absolute and utter fuckwits.

This is cracking me up...
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • Options
    CONGRATS, LISA!
    Run for it, Marty.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,879

Everyone who is whining, bitching, moaning, etc... please do us all a favor and just don't renew your membership when your time comes up and take your negativity somewhere else. Unreal. Unfuckingreal.

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Sometimes good shit actually does just happen to good people. Who knows?
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434

Do you not see contradictory nature of your statement. What youve just described is absolutely favouring one member over another :)

No I don't. For them to favour one over another they would have to hand pick 1000+ packages and then cross reference forum handles and make decisions about who gets what.

No way they did that.

Instead, they likely made a decision to make sure the ONE person who has been posting about a benny for four years got one cause she would really dig it.

Maybe it's tough for me to explain in writing.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411
    So, this girl riding the rail, screaming every lyric, dealing with all the sweaty chaos, ignoring the urge to pee her pants, cheering every mccready solo, hooting at stone while he duck-walks, and spreading good energy to the band and the people around her for 3+ hours, gets a tambourine tossed her way from Ed. Dude behind her uses his 6'4" frame to box her out, and snatches the tambourine. Ed yells at him to give it back to her. How is this different? Yeah, we are all fans and enjoyed the show, but Ed wanted her to have it. She deserved it. Is it fair? Of course it is.

The meltdowns in this thread are comical. I can't belive grown ass adults are whining about a mystery vinyl. Grow up
  • Options
    I guess it is. Either way I'm letting it go as I'm not all that bothered and me continuing to post about it makes it seem like I am :)
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    BENNY AND SEVENS reported on fb
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    alfredo.amoedoalfredo.amoedo San Francisco, CA Posts: 105
    These comments are silly. Let's get back to posting about what showed up in the mail?