Options

Got my RSD mystery package today

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,900
    Lisa, stay away from the boards for a bit. you'll get all bummed out. Just sayin'.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mikeliskamikeliska Posts: 248
    rival. said:

man... how do so many of you get through life being such bitter assholes?

I don't think anyone is particularly bitter, we're all just hoping that we had a fair and equitable shot at all the things in the sale, same as anyone else. Which is almost definitely the case, at least until proven otherwise. You wouldn't buy a lottery ticket if you couldn't win the jackpot, would you?
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,740
    benjs said:

So let me understand this correctly....

Person opens thread to re issue Benny incessantly bumps thread for better part of 2 years...

10c has mystery vinyl on RSD, site crashes, above referenced person is lucky one to get thru and able to purchase said mystery vinyl random package....

Mystery vinyl "random" package arrives at above referenced persons mail.....

Above referenced person received Benny in random mystery vinyl process....

Odds of this happening are so astronomical that is calls into question the VALIDITY of said PROCESS for all involved.

Frankly, I look at that picture of a stranger with the biggest fucking smile on her face, and I can't help but smile myself. Random or not, much as I'd love a Benaroya Hall vinyl in the mail, I could care less: that picture tells me that someone who deserved it got it.

If this still leaves people feeling wronged, it's worth noting that since her serial number was RSD #18, I'd assume they added a few above the promised 5-10. And if they added a few above the promised quantity, I see no problem with 10C offering a random act of kindness.
    Perfect ... Dude you post the best stuff ... I know I've said it before but there you have it

The comment before in this thread someone made about not being seen as a big fan because they don't visit the site much was interesting. Whilst we all know coming and posting here does have zero bearing on how each of us loves the band ... It's actually something id have no problem with if a member like Lisa was rewarded for her contribution to this community and keeping this site fun. Nothing to do with being seen as a bigger fan ... More just active on the site.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,740
    And of course we're assuming there was any thing other than Lady Luck. But it's easier to assume otherwise and make the other conclusion. If it fuels a drama here that chance will sadly always be snatched up.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    great post, benjs!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Everyone who is whining, bitching, moaning, etc... please do us all a favor and just don't renew your membership when your time comes up and take your negativity somewhere else. Unreal. Unfuckingreal.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,900
    pdalowsky said:

And of course we're assuming there was any thing other than Lady Luck. But it's easier to assume otherwise and make the other conclusion. If it fuels a drama here that chance will sadly always be snatched up.

I was just thinking the same. like when a poor person wins the lottery. it's not rigged. it's just awesome.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    PJ_Soul said:

rival. said:

No shit!!

This couldn't have been random, and that makes me very happy!! I am so glad 10C decided to sent Leeze that Benny, and I really don't care how they did it. Yay Lisa!

My thoughts exactly ;)
  • Options
    AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826
    mikeliska said:

rival. said:

I don't think anyone is particularly bitter, we're all just hoping that we had a fair and equitable shot at all the things in the sale, same as anyone else. Which is almost definitely the case, at least until proven otherwise. You wouldn't buy a lottery ticket if you couldn't win the jackpot, would you?
    And this raises a hugequestion on anything that is supposed to be random, such as contests/merch sales/ticket sales going forward. In fact, I'm certain the only way 10C can calm everyone's fears is to make sure I win this month's contest!
  • Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,789
    most likely, except for maybe......

rival.. think about what you are talking about before you comment^^

simple question was it random or not

its not about whether someone is bitter, its about the simple question

"was it random or was it rigged/staged/a sham"? that's the quesion

it was most likely 99% random, save for maybe this one thing. I don't know Lisa. All I know of her is her reissue thread. was it favoritism? maybe. but again, they stated very clearly that they didn't want these to go to flippers. they know she won't flip it. it's no different than if they had cancelled someone's order because they are known to flip.

"thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,355
    im so glad this went to a good home and not at ebay..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pgU3orzJDw
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    bean8969bean8969 Posts: 99

just saw a post at facebook
    "Coke bottle Ten and No Jeremy Christmas single"
    coke vinyl are show up as well!!

That was me. If I was going to get a single I already have, I'm very happy I got No Jeremy. I had planned to eventually buy one since my bastard cat chewed on the cover of mine. My fault for leaving it out but that doesn't make it right.

• Options

+1
  • Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,789
    first post filled with any iota of reason I have seen!

you should get a benny for it....

but you cant be a real fan because you only have 4 posts (sarcasm)

blockquote class="Quote" rel="mikeliska">
    rival. said:

"thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Holy shit congrats leezzzzz!!!!

By the way.....

THIS THREAD JUST GOT SOOO MUCH MORE INTERESTING!!!! DRAMA RAMA!!!!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    bean8969 said:

That was me. If I was going to get a single I already have, I'm very happy I got No Jeremy. I had planned to eventually buy one since my bastard cat chewed on the cover of mine. My fault for leaving it out but that doesn't make it right.

great score Anthony..congrats!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 953
    just got an email from UPS tracking. Says it is processed and in transit, however the UPS website still at the first stage an just says shipment received. Could be worth signing up to be sent notifications rather than rely on the website for anyone who wants to keep tabs
  • Options
    mikeliskamikeliska Posts: 248
    pdalowsky said:

Perfect ... Dude you post the best stuff ... I know I've said it before but there you have it

The comment before in this thread someone made about not being seen as a big fan because they don't visit the site much was interesting. Whilst we all know coming and posting here does have zero bearing on how each of us loves the band ... It's actually something id have no problem with if a member like Lisa was rewarded for her contribution to this community and keeping this site fun. Nothing to do with being seen as a bigger fan ... More just active on the site.

That was me. I'm very onboard with a fanclub taking care of their biggest or most visible fans - that's totally cool and they should do it as much as possible. Just as long as it isn't via skewing random drawings like this. Which I hope I don't come off as saying that's what happened here.
  • Options
    bean8969bean8969 Posts: 99
    Thanks, Dimi :)
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

This! Congrats to Lisa! It couldn't have gone to a more deserving member!

I'd like to believe Benjs' theory - 10c took an extra Benny and shipped it her way. That would be a cool gesture on their part, and would not have impacted the odds for anyone else participating in the sale. If that's how it went down, then nobody has been shorted, and 10c doesn't deserve any grief over this. So until we know one way or another, I'm going to go with this theory. I'm not big on coincidence, so benjs' theory is more plausible to me than Lisa getting a random Benny. Either way, congrats! The Benny is in good hands, won't be on ebay, and all other mystery vinyl buyers were unaffected. Sounds like a win!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,005
    bean8969 said:

Congrats!
  • Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 371
    edited April 2015
    bean8969 said:

Nice!!! Lol at the cat. Glad you got something you needed!!
    Post edited by Amantria on
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited April 2015
    jeffbr said:

This! Congrats to Lisa! It couldn't have gone to a more deserving member!

I'd like to believe Benjs' theory - 10c took an extra Benny and shipped it her way. That would be a cool gesture on their part, and would not have impacted the odds for anyone else participating in the sale. If that's how it went down, then nobody has been shorted, and 10c doesn't deserve any grief over this. So until we know one way or another, I'm going to go with this theory. I'm not big on coincidence, so benjs' theory is more plausible to me than Lisa getting a random Benny. Either way, congrats! The Benny is in good hands, won't be on ebay, and all other mystery vinyl buyers were unaffected. Sounds like a win!
    I would think that is correct. I think the randomness is there. My Mystery Box sucked, but my Mystery Poster was VERY good. I would think 10C would do it right.
  • Options
    There were 5-10 of these listed. Let just say there were 10, for sake of argument. There are roughly 1000 mystery boxes going out. 10/1000 = 1% chance any any one person has at receiving one. Now let's assume "the fix was in," now everyone else has a 9/999 = .9009% chance that any one remaining person receives one. Your odds decreased by less than one-tenth of one percent. In the grand scheme of things, any one person's chance at scoring a Benny is roughly the damn same. Now, go cry somewhere else please.
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,691
    Looks like everyone is getting a decent box here, haven't seen any black LB or Backspacers pop up yet :( I just hope for something I don't have! Good luck everyone!
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 371

just got an email from UPS tracking. Says it is processed and in transit, however the UPS website still at the first stage an just says shipment received. Could be worth signing up to be sent notifications rather than rely on the website for anyone who wants to keep tabs

I'm signed up for the mychoice service from ups (which is free by the way). They usually send me emails before I even realize an item has been shipped. Nothing on this though... Anyone wanna guess what state mine is in now, on its way to florida? Or guess the contents? :)
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    bean8969 said:

Nice score! But I see they also sent you some Lego... This just proves this whole thing was rigged and some people are getting special treatment!
  • Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 143
    I'm withholding judgement till the other bennys start showing up. Happy for Lisa, hoping it was random. If not then I won't be taking part in future "random" sales, including tickets. It's easier to get tickets on general sale in the uk anyway.
    Still, hope you're enjoying spinning that benny!
  • Options

bean8969 said:

Nice score! But I see they also sent you some Lego... This just proves this whole thing was rigged and some people are getting special treatment!
    hahahahahahaaha....
    i hope was pj lego and not creed lego!!
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    BCBA said:

Im going to create a thread to reissue Lost Dogs

Please, do, and I will be the first one to join! :D

PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *