Comments

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,257

Horse2345 said:

100 Pacer said:

Horse2345 said:

MedozK said:

The Fix was in. Not too surprised.

Kinda makes me wonder if all the Benaroya's are going to pre-determined members.
    Can't believe the 10c would do that. Complete BS if they did though.
    Why is it complete BS? It wouldn't be too difficult for Santos to at least narrow down his selection with the help of some research. I, for one, hope the others also go to deserving members who at the very least don't one already it. For an item like this, it's justifiable.

Full disclosure: I didn't buy the mystery vinyl.
    That would be total BS, not justifiable at all. I would have no problem if they felt certain people deserved Bennys and just gave those people Benny's it's there merch but you can't advertise Bennys as part of a random mystery sale take peoples money and they sorry you never actually had a chance to get one .
    I don't think the 10c would actually do anything that wrong.
    Well, we know of 1 Benny that nobody else had a chance of getting.
    Nah, i'd like to think it was karma and she deserved it.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Poncier said:

The Fixer story is some dirty sex story. They all are in the end.

You say it like its a bad thing.
    :lol:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    kw18 said:

PJ_ROCKS said:

i did have fun with all this, now i need a timeout...

photo 20150428_124901_zpsnmpb1wsr.jpg

photo 20150428_125021_zpsfhuyxr7t.jpg

No More ... very nice! :clap:
    thank you sir....

btw hope you guys are doing great!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387

There is still the contest! Best of luck!!!

so you're saying I have a chance... :smiley:

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,789
    So let me understand this correctly....

Person opens thread to re issue Benny incessantly bumps thread for better part of 2 years...

10c has mystery vinyl on RSD, site crashes, above referenced person is lucky one to get thru and able to purchase said mystery vinyl random package....

Mystery vinyl "random" package arrives at above referenced persons mail.....

Above referenced person received Benny in random mystery vinyl process....

Odds of this happening are so astronomical that is calls into question the VALIDITY of said PROCESS for all involved.
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,613
    Congrats on the Benny

gotta say though, being truthful, I'm not the least bit surprised
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,856

Person opens thread to re issue Benny incessantly bumps thread for better part of 2 years...

10c has mystery vinyl on RSD, site crashes, above referenced person is lucky one to get thru and able to purchase said mystery vinyl random package....

Odds of this happening are so astronomical that is calls into question the VALIDITY of said PROCESS for all involved.

Yep
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,590
    Amantria said:

Hmm. This is going to be one interesting debate. I can see it from both sides. It's wonderful that 10C pays attention and tries to help really dedicated fans. On the other hand, I'm sure I'm not the only really long time fan that rarely posts on here. While I'm fine with never being able to own a Benny, do I deserve a less than equal chance because the 10C doesn't know me? Part of me does feel sad in a way. Less equal. However...

what I feel more than anything is happy for lisa.

+1
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    PJ_ROCKS said:

kw18 said:

PJ_ROCKS said:

i did have fun with all this, now i need a timeout...

photo 20150428_124901_zpsnmpb1wsr.jpg

photo 20150428_125021_zpsfhuyxr7t.jpg

No More ... very nice! :clap:
    thank you sir....

btw hope you guys are doing great!
    Nice score! :D We're doing great! Hope all is well on your end!
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    Now when everyone else gets a brad record they know ten club deliberately sent it to them with a big middle finger. As happy as I am that someone deserving got the record they wanted, at the same time, playing favorites and having things be "predetermined" when it's supposed to be a true mystery sale is defeating the purpose of that mystery sale.

But, NO ONE CARES anyway so why bother
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,609
    Horse2345 said:

100 Pacer said:

Horse2345 said:

MedozK said:

Kinda makes me wonder if all the Benaroya's are going to pre-determined members.
    Why is it complete BS? It wouldn't be too difficult for Santos to at least narrow down his selection with the help of some research. I, for one, hope the others also go to deserving members who at the very least don't one already it. For an item like this, it's justifiable.

That would be total BS, not justifiable at all. I would have no problem if they felt certain people deserved Bennys and just gave those people Benny's it's there merch but you can't advertise Bennys as part of a random mystery sale take peoples money and they sorry you never actually had a chance to get one .
    It has nothing to do with 10C as a whole, it was a judgement call on Santos' part. I'm sure he felt the Benaroya Hall vinyl should only go to those who don't already own it, and while he can't be 100% certain I'm sure he went about doing a lil' bit of research before selecting the recipients. Having said that, there was still randomness to the entire process.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,856
    It was karma....

And Bigfoot is coming to my place tonight, to share his recipe for fettuccine, and drink merlot.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,355
    just saw a post at facebook
    "Coke bottle Ten and No Jeremy Christmas single"
    coke vinyl are show up as well!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    then don't call it a f'ing random process. call it what it is favoritism at best and closer to a sham.

10c makes millions of dollars a year selling junk shit made in china, send her the record and be done with it, but call it what it is....

for the record I have a benny as well as most other PJ vinyls, but as the old saying goes..

"it takes a lifetime to build a reputation and a minute to destroy it"

that's all.....

100 Pacer said:

Horse2345 said:

100 Pacer said:

Horse2345 said:

MedozK said:

It has nothing to do with 10C as a whole, it was a judgement call on Santos' part. I'm sure he felt the Benaroya Hall vinyl should only go to those who don't already own it, and while he can't be 100% certain I'm sure he went about doing a lil' bit of research before selecting the recipients. Having said that, there was still randomness to the entire process.
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    af7ukaf7uk Sheffield, UK Posts: 90
    Congrats, great score!

Has to be noted that if it now seems the mystery vinyl distributed to certain members has been pre-determined, I doubt i'll risk getting involved with this sort of sale in future. Ultimately we're all here through our love for the music (hopefully!) so who's to say which members are more deserving than others?

I've grown up listening to PJ & they've genuinely shaped who i've become, but i've only seriously started working towards building a proper collection in recent years. I've started posting here even more recently which i'm now concerned could count against me.

I guess I feel that my fairly recent contribution to these forums might mean i'm a 'second class citizen' in the eyes of 10C and therefore overlooked for certain items in 'mystery' sales. It's a shame but I feel i'll swerve these sort of sales in future if it now looks like the playing field isn't quite as even as it could be.

I'd like to reiterate i'm very pleased for Lisa & my opinion is obviously only one. Still really looking forward to seeing what I get and will continue to keep an eye out for what all you other folks are bagging!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    I've been asking for a reissue for a long time. guess what happened? I was shut out of the mystery sale. I had one in my cart & it was sold out from under me. Was I annoyed? yes. Am I over it? Absolutely.

I'm just happy that Lisa & Cav got one, just as she'd be happy for me.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,937

It was karma....

And Bigfoot is coming to my place tonight, to share his recipe for fettuccine, and drink merlot.

I'd go with a nice Zin, it will cut through the richness.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,943

Frankly, I look at that picture of a stranger with the biggest fucking smile on her face, and I can't help but smile myself. Random or not, much as I'd love a Benaroya Hall vinyl in the mail, I could care less: that picture tells me that someone who deserved it got it.

If this still leaves people feeling wronged, it's worth noting that since her serial number was RSD #18, I'd assume they added a few above the promised 5-10. And if they added a few above the promised quantity, I see no problem with 10C offering a random act of kindness.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    So let me understand you, you think they gave away the first 5-10 numbered benny's in this thing..... check the owners thread and come back to reality

as for the big smile on her face putting a big smile on yours... that has nothing to do with the point of the discussion

random act of kindness, while they collected 60 dollars from hundreds perhaps thousands of people that were trying for the opportunity to get the benny, not to mention the disaster that is the website...

everyone entitled to their opinion....

I am not unhappy for Lisa, but RATHER un pleased with the 10c process
    af7uk said:

Congrats, great score!

Has to be noted that if it now seems the mystery vinyl distributed to certain members has been pre-determined, I doubt i'll risk getting involved with this sort of sale in future. Ultimately we're all here through our love for the music (hopefully!) so who's to say which members are more deserving than others?

I've grown up listening to PJ & they've genuinely shaped who i've become, but i've only seriously started working towards building a proper collection in recent years. I've started posting here even more recently which i'm now concerned could count against me.

I guess I feel that my fairly recent contribution to these forums might mean i'm a 'second class citizen' in the eyes of 10C and therefore overlooked for certain items in 'mystery' sales. It's a shame but I feel i'll swerve these sort of sales in future if it now looks like the playing field isn't quite as even as it could be.

I'd like to reiterate i'm very pleased for Lisa & my opinion is obviously only one. Still really looking forward to seeing what I get and will continue to keep an eye out for what all you other folks are bagging!

benjs said:

Frankly, I look at that picture of a stranger with the biggest fucking smile on her face, and I can't help but smile myself. Random or not, much as I'd love a Benaroya Hall vinyl in the mail, I could care less: that picture tells me that someone who deserved it got it.

If this still leaves people feeling wronged, it's worth noting that since her serial number was RSD #18, I'd assume they added a few above the promised 5-10. And if they added a few above the promised quantity, I see no problem with 10C offering a random act of kindness.

• Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    100 Pacer said:

Horse2345 said:

100 Pacer said:

Horse2345 said:

MedozK said:

The way you described it...there was no randomness.

I am unknown to Santos...we'll see what i get.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    man... how do so many of you get through life being such bitter assholes?
  • Options
    jaykay20jaykay20 Mannheim, Germany Posts: 379
    benjs said:

The number is 15RSD18, because RSD was at the 18th of April. Let's just wait what everyone gets. I had the same reaction seeing her picture. Really great!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,901
    rival. said:

LOL

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    this thread won't last much longer........
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rival.. think about what you are talking about before you comment^^

simple question was it random or not

its not about whether someone is bitter, its about the simple question

"was it random or was it rigged/staged/a sham"? that's the quesion

• Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Happy for ya :)
  • Options

rival.. think about what you are talking about before you comment^^

simple question was it random or not

its not about whether someone is bitter, its about the simple question

"was it random or was it rigged/staged/a sham"? that's the quesion

it was most likely 99% random, save for maybe this one thing. I don't know Lisa. All I know of her is her reissue thread. was it favoritism? maybe. but again, they stated very clearly that they didn't want these to go to flippers. they know she won't flip it. it's no different than if they had cancelled someone's order because they are known to flip.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,990
    Stay classy 10C members
    be happy for others

Congrats Leeze!

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,681
    edited April 2015
    rival. said:

No shit!!

This couldn't have been random, and that makes me very happy!! I am so glad 10C decided to send Leeze that Benny, and I really don't care how they did it. Yay Lisa!

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    Im going to create a thread to reissue Lost Dogs and another to provide me with GA tickets to a show.