Options

Got my RSD mystery package today

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,013
    pdalowsky said:

Let's not ruin Lisa's buzz guys

no kidding. no good can come from this "questioning". just let it be.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    wgwg Posts: 411
    edited April 2015
    Don't let the sour grapes get you down Lisa. I know it won't. Spin that shit and enjoy!

How 'bout we chalk it up as coincidence, and be happy for someone who will obviously cherish the album? Will that make you feel better? So many boohoo-ers. What a shame.

Post edited by wg on
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

Good stuff. The smile on that picture is great.

My question though, based on other posts...what makes a member a deserving member?

deserving members are the ones the names starts with the letter D..
    like..
    Dimitris
    Dlisa
    Dtom
    Dmary
    Djimmy
    Dpatrick
    Dmaria

etc :)
    D-empty would love a Lost Dogs if someone gets a duplicate
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    pdalowsky said:

Let's not ruin Lisa's buzz guys

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,879
    edited April 2015
    mikeliska said:

100 Pacer said:

Why is it complete BS? It wouldn't be too difficult for Santos to at least narrow down his selection with the help of some research. I, for one, hope the others also go to deserving members who at the very least don't one already it. For an item like this, it's justifiable.

Full disclosure: I didn't buy the mystery vinyl.

If I knew that all the "desirable" vinyl were going to be doled out to predetermined buyers, I would be pretty shitty about it. It's not justifiable in any way to "rig" a random drawing. I might not be a regular poster on here or anything like that, but I've been a huge Pearl Jam fan since day one and that's easily one of my favorite albums of all time and one of the main draws of the whole thing. Not trying to be a debbie downer.
    You got that right!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Well, I did not know. I did not plan for this since 2011 when I opened my thread, ya know. Seeing all the other packages so far, I can tell that they seem to put some thought into these. And that makes me happy. I would have been happy with whatever we would get, but of course there was a hope that it would be this one. But you can never know, this is what a mystery is about. I am over the moon because of this and I hope everybody here stays nice. Spin, spin, spin!!!
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,011
    wg said:

Don't let the sour grapes get you down Lisa. I know it won't spin that shit and enjoy!

How 'bout we chalk it up as coincidence, and be happy for someone who will obviously cherish the album? Will that make you feel better? So many boohoo-ers. What a shame.

I think you're taking it wrong. Everyone is happy for her. Don't see any boohooing going on here. That smile she has is amazing. How can anyone see that and not be happy?
  • Options

My question though, based on other posts...what makes a member a deserving member?

like..
    Dimitris
    Dlisa
    Dtom
    Dmary
    Djimmy
    Dpatrick
    Dmaria

i wish i could give u one if i had..i score a mystery vinyl and sent it to a friend.,.,i hope ill bring her luck and get something she doesnt have!!!
    did u score one buddy?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    the fix is in... skunked i am.... haha

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    jaykay20jaykay20 Mannheim, Germany Posts: 379
    PJ_ROCKS said:

the fix is in... skunked i am.... haha

Is that quote part of the Fixer Story?
  • Options

Well, I did not know. I did not plan for this since 2011 when I opened my thread, ya know. Seeing all the other packages so far, I can tell that they seem to put some thought into these. And that makes me happy. I would have been happy with whatever we would get, but of course there was a hope that it would be this one. But you can never know, this is what a mystery is about. I am over the moon because of this and I hope everybody here stays nice. Spin, spin, spin!!!

we really need a video whenm u open and spin it for the first time!!!
    so happy for u!!
  • Options
    Nope, got my vinyl today.... Montana

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 372
    Hmm. This is going to be one interesting debate. I can see it from both sides. It's wonderful that 10C pays attention and tries to help really dedicated fans. On the other hand, I'm sure I'm not the only really long time fan that rarely posts on here. While I'm fine with never being able to own a Benny, do I deserve a less than equal chance because the 10C doesn't know me? Part of me does feel sad in a way. Less equal. However...

what I feel more than anything is happy for lisa. I honestly had no idea she started the reissue thread, which shows I'm not a frequent forum visitor. While I'd love the set, I'd be equally happy with an avocado or uke or riot act or my ultimate favorite album no code. Now if 10C had the power to deliver one with a handwritten note from Ed that would be another story LOL. I'd post daily if that were the case!
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    The Fixer story is some dirty sex story. They all are in the end.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

like..
    Dimitris
    Dlisa
    Dtom
    Dmary
    Djimmy
    Dpatrick
    Dmaria

i wish i could give u one if i had..i score a mystery vinyl and sent it to a friend.,.,i hope ill bring her luck and get something she doesnt have!!!
    did u score one buddy?
    I did not. Same BS others had. Told I wasn't logged in when I was and received the white screen of death several times. Oh well, no biggie
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,344

You say it like its a bad thing.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,735

Wait - I hope this doesn't mean the chances of a reissue get squashed!

Congrats - awesome score, enjoy and play it LOUD!!!!!!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options

we really need a video whenm u open and spin it for the first time!!!
    so happy for u!!
    Probably gonna do that :smiley:

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,265
    100 Pacer said:

Horse2345 said:

MedozK said:

The Fix was in. Not too surprised.

Kinda makes me wonder if all the Benaroya's are going to pre-determined members.
    Can't believe the 10c would do that. Complete BS if they did though.
    Why is it complete BS? It wouldn't be too difficult for Santos to at least narrow down his selection with the help of some research. I, for one, hope the others also go to deserving members who at the very least don't one already it. For an item like this, it's justifiable.

That would be total BS, not justifiable at all. I would have no problem if they felt certain people deserved Bennys and just gave those people Benny's it's there merch but you can't advertise Bennys as part of a random mystery sale take peoples money and they sorry you never actually had a chance to get one .
    I don't think the 10c would actually do anything that wrong.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    jaykay20jaykay20 Mannheim, Germany Posts: 379

That's why I asked. The quote would go nicely with it.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Poncier said:

You say it like its a bad thing.
    Uh, no I don't. Hahaha!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-oGL6e744A
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:

100 Pacer said:

Horse2345 said:

MedozK said:

Kinda makes me wonder if all the Benaroya's are going to pre-determined members.

That would be total BS, not justifiable at all. I would have no problem if they felt certain people deserved Bennys and just gave those people Benny's it's there merch but you can't advertise Bennys as part of a random mystery sale take peoples money and they sorry you never actually had a chance to get one .
    Well, we know of 1 Benny that nobody else had a chance of getting.
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411
    PJ_ROCKS said:

Nope, got my vinyl today.... Montana

And....... What'd you get?
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,344

Horse2345 said:

100 Pacer said:

Horse2345 said:

MedozK said:

And perhaps an extra one that wasn't originally planned to go in the sale was added in and everyone else still had the same shot as originally intended.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    i did have fun with all this, now i need a timeout...

photo 20150428_124901_zpsnmpb1wsr.jpg

photo 20150428_125021_zpsfhuyxr7t.jpg

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,400

Thank you, guys! I am speechless!!! Tenclub, THANK YOU!!!!! I don't know what to say. I cannot wait for Cav to come home tonight and give it a good spin :smiley: This baby will feeeeeeeel the love in our house!

Got a Not for you single along with it!

I'm so happy that you got this, Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you guys enjoy it. My only shot is if they reissue it, but I'm so glad that you guys got a Benny!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    PJ_ROCKS said:

i did have fun with all this, now i need a timeout...

photo 20150428_124901_zpsnmpb1wsr.jpg

photo 20150428_125021_zpsfhuyxr7t.jpg

No More ... very nice! :clap:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Horse2345 said:

100 Pacer said:

Horse2345 said:

MedozK said:

And perhaps an extra one that wasn't originally planned to go in the sale was added in and everyone else still had the same shot as originally intended.
    There is a sucker born every minute.

• Options
    There is still the contest! Best of luck!!!
  • Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 143
    Ouch, well you pays your money and takes your chances....
    To be honest, £50 isn't that much to me so I won't feel burned if I got a duff package, I'd just be let down after how fun all the build up has been haha