Options

Got my RSD mystery package today

Comments

• Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    edited April 2015
    This thread was more fun when we were just seeing what people received and being excited with them. Can we just keep that up?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    emjot said:

BENNY AND SEVENS reported on fb

not a chance.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 141
    emjot said:

BENNY AND SEVENS reported on fb

I'm calling shenanigans haha
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    There's a picture.

But on the other side the number doesn't state "somethingRSDsomething", as Benny that Lisa received, so I don't know if it's real or not now :/
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    af7ukaf7uk Sheffield, UK Posts: 90
    wg said:

The meltdowns in this thread are comical. I can't belive grown ass adults are whining about a mystery vinyl. Grow up

Most are actually just openly discussing a process which a) should be encouraged and b) they're perfectly entitled to do so.
  • Options
    bean8969bean8969 Posts: 99
    emjot said:

There's a picture.

But on the other side the number doesn't state "somethingRSDsomething", as Benny that Lisa received, so I don't know if it's real or not now :/

It's not. He posted he's owned it for years.
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    emjot said:

There's a picture.

I think the guy is from the UK and so it's doubtful any have reached our side of the pond yet :)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    alfredo.amoedoalfredo.amoedo San Francisco, CA Posts: 105
    af7uk said:

wg said:

The meltdowns in this thread are comical. I can't belive grown ass adults are whining about a mystery vinyl. Grow up

Most are actually just openly discussing a process which a) should be encouraged and b) they're perfectly entitled to do so.
    Of course, and they should start a new thread to do that. This thread is called "Got my RSD mystery package today."
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,441
    edited April 2015

Now when everyone else gets a brad record they know ten club deliberately sent it to them with a big middle finger.

:lol: Line of the day!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Aaaaah, some people do everything for a few likes
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
  • Options
    af7ukaf7uk Sheffield, UK Posts: 90

af7uk said:

wg said:

Of course, and they should start a new thread to do that. This thread is called "Got my RSD mystery package today."
    Agreed.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434

I guess it is. Either way I'm letting it go as I'm not all that bothered and me continuing to post about it makes it seem like I am :)

I hear you. Probably would be easier to chat about in person over a pint.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    scurtis said:

I guess it is. Either way I'm letting it go as I'm not all that bothered and me continuing to post about it makes it seem like I am :)

I hear you. Probably would be easier to chat about in person over a pint.
    I'll take you up on that offer at the next Euro show you're at haha
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

These comments are silly. Let's get back to posting about what showed up in the mail?

Yes! And how much it weighs!
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Thank you, guys! I am speechless!!! Tenclub, THANK YOU!!!!! I don't know what to say. I cannot wait for Cav to come home tonight and give it a good spin :smiley: This baby will feeeeeeeel the love in our house!

Got a Not for you single along with it!

FUCK YA! Congrats leeze, spin the shit out of those fuckers!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    emjot said:

There's a picture.

it was a joke marta..,the guy is at england and he post that he was joking
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Yeah, I read that after. I think I was still on "Lisa's got the Benny!" high when I saw this on fb and didn't question it at all, I should.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

Thank you, guys! I am speechless!!! Tenclub, THANK YOU!!!!! I don't know what to say. I cannot wait for Cav to come home tonight and give it a good spin :smiley: This baby will feeeeeeeel the love in our house!

what's that thing marked "PJ20" on the shelf behind your head, Lisa?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    It's a sticker on a record player I think?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938

It wasn't a question of favoring one member over another, likely more just making sure that one member got looked after.

Do you not see contradictory nature of your statement. What youve just described is absolutely favouring one member over another :)

PJ committed to no less than five Benaroya Hall sets. Anything above five - they're welcome to reroute however they see fit. If we see members getting their holy grails left, right and center, I might get skeptical. If not, it was a random act of kindness. Either way - it was awesome, and I don't care.

If you're skeptical enough and feel short-changed, why not reach out to the only party with an obligation to tell you the truth, and the further obligation to refund you if they didn't abide by their commitment?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    That's one Benny they knew wouldn't end up on eBay. Good for the fucking 10c.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    I was just hoping to see what everyone got but instead it's a debate...well in a loose way for some. It seems every thread ends up like this one.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 912
    Congrats Leeze!
  • Options
    timmay44212timmay44212 Posts: 107
    Does it really matter if Lisa just got lucky, like everyone who was fortunate enough to snag one of these packages, or if the fan club did her a solid and purposely sent her a Benny? Not really...

Everyone knew the minimum and maximum of vinyl packages that were being sold. Everyone who tried or got one knew the odds.

I'm happy for Lisa. She will never sell it. This record will be loved and cherished forever.
    10/11/13 consol energy center pittsburgh
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,479
    edited April 2015

Guys, to be precise, it was a mystery sale, meaning it's a mystery to you what you will get, not that it's 100% random. The mere fact that they gave ranges for each item already gives the 10c the power to decide if more or less of us will get something good or not. Giving away an extra benny to a particular person doesn't make one little difference to the whole game.

This is how I view it, as well. It's only a mystery to the recipients. The word "random" was never mentioned in the sale, afaik. From the vinyl that has been received so far, it's obvious the 10C has put a lot more thought into this sale than just a random distribution.
    Post edited by darthvedder on
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

This thread was more fun when we were just seeing what people received and being excited with them. Can we just keep that up?

yes, please.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    jaykay20jaykay20 Mannheim, Germany Posts: 379
    edited April 2015
    Sorry to interrupt that joyful discussion, but does anyone know what this blue benny is? I haven't seen that before and don't find it at pjcollectors.com.
    http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/Leeeeze/media/benny_blue1_zpsiuuvobjm.jpg.html
    Post edited by jaykay20 on
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011

Your smile made my day! Congratulations and spin the shit out of it.
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411
    jaykay20 said:

Sorry to interrupt that joyful discussion, but does anyone know what this blue benny is? I haven't seen that before and don't find it at pjcollectors.com?
    http://s1224.photobucket.com/user/Leeeeze/media/benny_blue1_zpsiuuvobjm.jpg.html

I think that was a mock up for when/if they rerelease Benaroya as to differentiate between the two