Options

An Evening Celebrating The Who with Pete Townshend, Eddie Vedder Thursday, May 14, 2015

Comments

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,781

PureandEasy - are you going to be home in time for Sunday's show?

Yes I will but I'm not going. Have another commitment. That's why when this show came about, I thought it was meant to be. Even though it's not a Who show, I'm up for celebrating The Who /Pete any time.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631

The other thing I am afraid of hearing after the show.

I cant believe they let Roger Daltrey sing those 5 songs in a row! How dare they! Don't they know I paid $500 to worship Eddie Vedder!!!!!!

Hahahahahaha

Like PJ20...

Chris Cornell sang 3 out of the 30 songs? I know I've talked about how cool Temple of the Dog is for 20 years but I paid for a Pearl Jam show damnit!
    I know a guy (Speedy) that mentioned he was a bit disappointed, lol
    Ha...oops. I didn't mean to call someone out.
  • Options
    MB41770MB41770 Posts: 18
    MB41770 said:

I have 2 tix for the show and unfortunately can't make it (grrr!!!!) because of my work schedule.
    I am selling them at face value. I splurged and got some of the better seats.
    They are in section 107 row R. The total I paid ticketmaster was $1,554.70
    If anyone is interested let me know.

I still have these seats if anyone is interested. At his point it looks like I'm gonna take a hit on them. Make me a fair offer on them & they are yours.

Matt Brotzge
  • Options
    JG64307JG64307 Posts: 37
    edited May 2015
    To all those about to take a shellackin' on the pricey tickets, save all your documentation. If you do any equities trading or other buying/selling, you can report losses on your tickets to offset this year's gains from other ticket or stock sales and carry over up to $3,000 a year to use against future gains of any type, including, say, stocks or wages. See IRS guidance below.

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc409.html
    http://www.irs.gov/uac/Ten-Important-Facts-About-Capital-Gains-and-Losses
    http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/capital-losses-can-help-cut-your-tax-bill.aspx

Also, you may want to look into the tax deduction for the charitable contribution. Still waiting to hear back on what that is as it requires the venue/promoter to publicize the fair market value. However, we can get a pretty good idea of what that is looking at secondary market sales.

I think you have to pick from one of the options above, you can't do both. But I'm not an accountant. So check with one or with the IRS. But you should be able to pick one of the options above to offset your losses. Do the math each way and decide.
    Post edited by JG64307 on
  • Options
    SHAKYSHAKY Posts: 16
    I was just able to exchange my $250 seat from section 211 to section 209 through ticketmaster customer service. ( 209 was originally $500 but know $250!) Can't wait until the show. Hoping to get some rarities. Slip Kid !!
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,885
    Setlist

Joan Jett
    Crimson and Clover
    I love Rock N Roll

20 minute intermission

Joe Walsh
    Life's Been Good
    Rocky Mountain Way

20 minute intermission

Eddie Vedder
    Breaks out his ukulele and does a 20 minute version of "Beer Barrel Polka"

20 minute intermission

Pete Townshend
    Pete gets onstage and instantly smashes his guitar over the head of some guy who has been screaming "Play Porch", for the last 2 hours.

End of show!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    edited May 2015
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    SHAKY said:

I was just able to exchange my $250 seat from section 211 to section 209 through ticketmaster customer service. ( 209 was originally $500 but know $250!) Can't wait until the show. Hoping to get some rarities. Slip Kid !!

You can do that???
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590

Setlist

Joan Jett
    Crimson and Clover
    I love Rock N Roll

20 minute intermission

Joe Walsh
    Life's Been Good
    Rocky Mountain Way

20 minute intermission

Eddie Vedder

20 minute intermission

Pete Townshend
    Pete gets onstage and instantly smashes his guitar over the head of some guy who has been screaming "Play Porch", for the last 2 hours.

End of show!

Aee you sure he is yelling Pooooorch and not
    BLAAAAAAACK!!
  • Options

Setlist

Joan Jett
    Crimson and Clover
    I love Rock N Roll

20 minute intermission

Joe Walsh
    Life's Been Good
    Rocky Mountain Way

20 minute intermission

Eddie Vedder

20 minute intermission

Pete Townshend

End of show!

Too funny.
  • Options
    mattcoz said:

SHAKY said:

You can do that???
    I called, you can upgrade to equal or more $ but the options for me didnt make a huge difference, plus they charge you again and then refund. That's always scary. :). So I kept my Sec 112 row v seat.

Slip Kid would be sweet. I'm really hoping Sister Disco, would LOVE to see Pete and Roger sit on the front of drum set up like they did when they first toured that album. God that would be awesome.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,066

Setlist

Joan Jett
    Crimson and Clover
    I love Rock N Roll

20 minute intermission

Joe Walsh
    Life's Been Good
    Rocky Mountain Way

20 minute intermission

Eddie Vedder

20 minute intermission

Pete Townshend

End of show!

That's gold!

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Setlist

Joan Jett
    Crimson and Clover
    I love Rock N Roll

20 minute intermission

Joe Walsh
    Life's Been Good
    Rocky Mountain Way

20 minute intermission

Eddie Vedder

20 minute intermission

Pete Townshend

End of show!

That's gold!

This will be the biggest crowd Joan Jett has performed in front of. .....

Since she played Irving Goldsteins Bar Mitzvah last summer.
  • Options
    Joan Jett is awesome. I'm so psyched about Joe Walsh. I just love him.
  • Options

Joan Jett is awesome. I'm so psyched about Joe Walsh. I just love him.

Joan Jett?

I guess the Olsen Twins and Carrot Top were already booked somewhere else.
  • Options
    I love the gritty female rockers. No one tops Chrissy Hynde (also saw open for The Who) but just love that raw in your face attitude.
  • Options
    SR59979SR59979 Posts: 6
    Seriously, no one wants this $250 for$125? Please keep spreading the word, I really need to get rid of it. Thanks!
    IrishSpartan
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Put them on StubHub and take a loss like everyone else. See my posts above on how to make some of your loss back from IRS via capital loss and charity deductions and carryovers.

The people on this forum are waiting until the last day and will then buy the cheapest seat they can just to get into the venue and then will sneak down to some empty $1000 seats and then come back here and brag about doing it to stick it to fans who happened to have extras for a show that was severely mismatched on prices. I think if this was on a weekend and the price levels were 100/200/300 then the whole place would have sold out on TM and the secondary market would be settling at 15-25% higher than face.
    Post edited by JG64307 on
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    Joan Jett will be fun. I can definitely picture her covering a few different Who songs. I have no doubt that Joe Walsh will be awesome as well, but I'm still wondering where and how he'll fit into the show.
    Regardless, with Pete and Eddie, this will a memorable evening.
  • Options
    JG64307 said:

Put them on StubHub and take a loss like everyone else. See my posts above on how to make some of your loss back from IRS via capital loss and charity deductions and carryovers.

The people on this forum are waiting until the last day and will then buy the cheapest seat they can just to get into the venue and then will sneak down to some empty $1000 seats and then come back here and brag about doing it to stick it to fans who happened to have extras for a show that was severely mismatched on prices. I think if this was on a weekend and the price levels were 100/200/300 then the whole place would have sold out on TM and the secondary market would be settling at 15-25% higher than face.

You're implying that people on this forum all live in the area and can wait till last minute. That's one of reasons I went for it and paid $ 500+ in presale because I don't live in the area and had to book flight and hotel before those prices went through the roof.

My concert tic cost more than double my airfare/hotel.

• Options

I love the gritty female rockers. No one tops Chrissy Hynde (also saw open for The Who) but just love that raw in your face attitude.

agree Saw Chrissey open for Stones
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    edited May 2015

mattcoz said:

SHAKY said:

You can do that???
    I called, you can upgrade to equal or more $ but the options for me didnt make a huge difference, plus they charge you again and then refund. That's always scary. :). So I kept my Sec 112 row v seat.

Slip Kid would be sweet. I'm really hoping Sister Disco, would LOVE to see Pete and Roger sit on the front of drum set up like they did when they first toured that album. God that would be awesome.
    I never knew you could do this and it worked for me too. I think I got the last two $250 seats together in Section 209 Row E and now my Section 201 Row C seats (against the side wall) are available on TM for anyone who wants to hear but not see the show.

Thanks for sharing this!
    Post edited by Eddieshometown on
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    JG64307 said:

Just because you are losing money on your extra tickets, I don't think you need to come here and insult others on this forum, who are taking advantage of the prices now available. It sucks that you were not able to get rid of your extras. It sucks that you will lose money. But nobody is sneaking in to seats, and nobody is sticking it to anyone.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    This show is not going to dissappoint. I don't know what to expect which is kind of cool. Those that bought upfront definitely overpaid, but we are at least fortunate enough to afford overpaying for a rock show.
  • Options

This show is not going to dissappoint. I don't know what to expect which is kind of cool. Those that bought upfront definitely overpaid, but we are at least fortunate enough to afford overpaying for a rock show.

Right! First world problems here...Everyone relax and go to the show and prepare to have a good time!
  • Options
    DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    Got my ticket! PUMPED!

So I obviously know all the Who's hit songs, What are some songs from the Who I probably wouldn't know? Any of their albums I NEED to listen to before THIS Thursday?

(Trying to help steer the conversation to the musical performance ahead of us)
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • Options
    edited May 2015

maybe Lets See Action? ( Eddie played it with them at the Royal Albert Hall in the past) hopefully?
    Post edited by SHAKY on
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    Lots from Quarophenia and Live from Leeds.
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    If anyone is looking for a single or pair of tickets I've got front row balcony tickets for the Pete/Ed show. Was asking face value which is $520 w/ fees, $1,040 for both, but will sell for $400 or $800 for the pair if you would like both. Section 209 front row on the center stage side of the section- will be a great view with nothing in front of you. Would also entertain offers for one or both as well - cash or trades for PJ vinyl/picks/misc.
  • Options
    DSTRUB said:

Got my ticket! PUMPED!

So I obviously know all the Who's hit songs, What are some songs from the Who I probably wouldn't know? Any of their albums I NEED to listen to before THIS Thursday?

(Trying to help steer the conversation to the musical performance ahead of us)

Listen to all them. Lol, seriously no idea which direction this will take. I'm hoping to hear something from everything, all the way up to Endless Wire, which I love.