Options

An Evening Celebrating The Who with Pete Townshend, Eddie Vedder Thursday, May 14, 2015

Comments

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809
    The other thing I am afraid of hearing after the show.

I cant believe they let Roger Daltrey sing those 5 songs in a row! How dare they! Don't they know I paid $500 to worship Eddie Vedder!!!!!!

Hahahahahaha
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547

I cant believe they let Roger Daltrey sing those 5 songs in a row! How dare they! Don't they know I paid $500 to worship Eddie Vedder!!!!!!

Hahahahahaha

Like PJ20...

Chris Cornell sang 3 out of the 30 songs? I know I've talked about how cool Temple of the Dog is for 20 years but I paid for a Pearl Jam show damnit!
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

This thread is like a reverse of the run-up to Cinci '06 . Lower expectations to then be blown away.

Should be interesting how this all goes down. My biggest fear, is since it is such a small venue, The Eddie Vedder worshippers will act like they do during one of his solo shows.

As I sit and ask my wife if she wants a beer, the guy next to me, who has had his eyes glued to Eddie Vedder for 2 hours, looks at me with hatred in his eyes and says...

"Be quiet! Eddie Vedder is speaking!"

Hahahahaha
    Eddie Vedder worshippers :lol:

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

This thread is like a reverse of the run-up to Cinci '06 . Lower expectations to then be blown away.

Should be interesting how this all goes down. My biggest fear, is since it is such a small venue, The Eddie Vedder worshippers will act like they do during one of his solo shows.

As I sit and ask my wife if she wants a beer, the guy next to me, who has had his eyes glued to Eddie Vedder for 2 hours, looks at me with hatred in his eyes and says...

Hahahahaha

They will be there.
    You know it.
    I know it.

They next day on the forum?

Can you BELIEVE they didn't play 1 Pearl Jam song?
    I paid $500 to hear nothing but WHO songs?
    What a RIPOFF!!!!

Hahahahahaha
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I would hope that an event titled "Celebrating The Who" would tip people off as to how the setlist will work. Sadly though, I think you'll be correct, at least in some cases... sigh.
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396

Hahahahahaha

Like PJ20...

Chris Cornell sang 3 out of the 30 songs? I know I've talked about how cool Temple of the Dog is for 20 years but I paid for a Pearl Jam show damnit!
    I know a guy (Speedy) that mentioned he was a bit disappointed, lol
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options

Hahahahahaha

Like PJ20...

I know a guy (Speedy) that mentioned he was a bit disappointed, lol
    I couldn't wait for Cornell to get off the damned stage!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Are we complaining again? You guys are such downers :anguished:
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Are we complaining again? You guys are such downers :anguished:

No we are not complaining.
    We are discussing the Eddie Vedder worshippers.
    Well actually I am talking to myself here. But what else is new?
    Hahahaha
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    is it safe to discuss the actual show in this thread? or is it reserved for condescending banter?

• Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990

Hahahahaha

They will be there.
    You know it.
    I know it.

What a RIPOFF!!!!

Hahahahahaha
    I'm expecting exactly 1 PJ song to be played. Which one, I'm not sure.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,908
    CopperTom said:

Hahahahaha

They will be there.
    You know it.
    I know it.

What a RIPOFF!!!!

Hahahahahaha
    Teenage wasteland. Duh
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Fair enough.
    I will walk away from this thread.
    Have fun at the show.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

CopperTom said:

Hahahahaha

They will be there.
    You know it.
    I know it.

What a RIPOFF!!!!

Hahahahahaha
    Teenage wasteland. Duh
    :lol:

Fair enough.
    Have fun at the show.

Please don't
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438

Fair enough.
    Have fun at the show.

Same boat here. Not my fault people cant get rid of $500-$1000 tickets.

Good Luck everyone with your ticket sales! I'll be at the show with my $70.00 balcony ticket and a $14.00 Bud Light in my hand. Have fun!
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778

JG64307 said:

There are a few sadistic people on this forum that seem to take immense pleasure in seeing people who unfortunately ended up with extras lose money and accusing them of untoward behavior. I hope they all get bad karma.

I for one DO NOT want to see anyone lose money. Its a shame that these tickets aren't selling, especially considering the charity. Nobody here wants anyone to lose money or feel cheated.

I am just having a little fun with PureandEasy.

You better not show up, I'll go all Cousin Kevin on your ass. :)

Yeah right, I've never so much as slapped someone. :). I'm getting excited.

No more anger over this BS.

I'm free . . . I'm FREE
  • Options

Hahahahaha
    See Speedy, I AM still concerned about that. This is about The Who and nothing else. Greatest band EVER. And hopefully PJ fans will respect what Ed is doing here, honoring the influence they played in his life.
  • Options

Hahahahaha
    See Speedy, I AM still concerned about that. This is about The Who and nothing else. Greatest band EVER. And hopefully PJ fans will respect what Ed is doing here, honoring the influence they played in his life.
    Actually I think it is going to work out just perfect for The Who fans.
    You will all walk in to the venue, and take the best seats in the house.
    Why?

Because the Eddie Vedder fans will all be wandering aimlessly outside, for the 1st 45 minutes of the show, asking each other....."Hey where do we buy a poster?"
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    Any guesses on songs that will be played? Will it include any solo Pete, Ed or Pearl Jam? Maybe Quadropheina from start to end
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    Pearl Jam_iePearl Jam_ie Posts: 821

Any guesses on songs that will be played? Will it include any solo Pete, Ed or Pearl Jam? Maybe Quadropheina from start to end

I was just watching Ed do "Won't Get Fooled Again" at Shepherds Bush, and I'm sayin' that has to happen. I'm guessing they'll do everything that PJ has covered in the past too, just cause Ed is obviously familiar with those songs too. "Let My Love Open the Door", maybe?

I'm also hoping for "Blue, Red, and Grey".... :)
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    Pearl Jam_iePearl Jam_ie Posts: 821
    edited May 2015

I was just watching Ed do "Won't Get Fooled Again" at Shepherds Bush, and I'm sayin' that has to happen. I'm guessing they'll do everything that PJ has covered in the past too, just cause Ed is obviously familiar with those songs too. "Let My Love Open the Door", maybe?

I'd like to see Joan Jett do "My Generation". Seems like a perfect fit for her.

I'm also hoping for "Blue, Red, and Grey".... :)
    Post edited by Pearl Jam_ie on
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options

Hahahahaha
    Why?

Because the Eddie Vedder fans will all be wandering aimlessly outside, for the 1st 45 minutes of the show, asking each other....."Hey where do we buy a poster?"
    Hahaha if only. :)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,908
    edited May 2015

Hahahahaha
    Why?

funny stuff right there speedy. the next 45 minutes the ed ved fans will be looking for the show specific shirt and sticker.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I'm hoping for a lot of non-PJ covered songs. One of greatest things I love about Ed is, he grew up, same time period as me, loving, worshipping (if you will) The Who. I've said it over and over, Pete Townshend is a part of Who I am. No other artists words have reached that deep into my soul. I listen today, still feel that way, every time. It's a special part of your soul.

Listening to Ed all these years, I truly feel he shares that emotion.

Therefore, I'm hoping this goes WAY beyond a Who's greatest hits show.

See to me (and I believe Ed) know each and every song is a gem in itself and I hope all those going get to experience some new gems.

I can't wait.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283

I'm hoping for a lot of non-PJ covered songs. One of greatest things I love about Ed is, he grew up, same time period as me, loving, worshipping (if you will) The Who. I've said it over and over, Pete Townshend is a part of Who I am. No other artists words have reached that deep into my soul. I listen today, still feel that way, every time. It's a special part of your soul.

See to me (and I believe Ed) know each and every song is a gem in itself and I hope all those going get to experience some new gems.

I can't wait.

Your excitement makes me even more excited. Sounds like this is gonna be a really special show for you especially, PureandEasy!

The Who and Ed/PJ are very close to my heart, as well. Dream line up for me as well. I know my Dad would have been SO jealous but hey, maybe he'll be there in spirit :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam said:

I can't wait.

Your excitement makes me even more excited. Sounds like this is gonna be a really special show for you especially, PureandEasy!

The Who and Ed/PJ are very close to my heart, as well. Dream line up for me as well. I know my Dad would have been SO jealous but hey, maybe he'll be there in spirit :)
    Samjam (I remember when I found out you were female lol). Anyway, my brother got me into The Who with The Kids Are Alright double album when I was 16. Life changing. It shaped a big part of my life.

My brother passed last December. He was my best friend. He and I have been to many Who and PJ shows over the years.

He will also be there in spirit. And he's the reason I HAD to be there.

It's like he made this happen, knowing Pete and Ed are my two favorite men in music.

So excited.

God I love Pete Townshend. ;).

And Ed Vedder. :).
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283

samjam said:

I can't wait.

Samjam (I remember when I found out you were female lol). Anyway, my brother got me into The Who with The Kids Are Alright double album when I was 16. Life changing. It shaped a big part of my life.

My brother passed last December. He was my best friend. He and I have been to many Who and PJ shows over the years.

It's like he made this happen, knowing Pete and Ed are my two favorite men in music.

So excited.

I'm really sorry about your brother. I can relate. My father got me into The Who, one of his very favorite bands. I remember being young, maybe 2, and listening to cassettes with him in the car, and always asking him to do the "Boris the Spider voice" cause it would crack me up. It's amazing how the songs went from fun songs to sing along to with dad, to songs that really meant a ton to me as I grew up, and I'm still finding meaning in them. Anyway, my dad saw them in NYC in the '60s, once again at Woodstock, and then for a final time with me in 2008. It was our one and only concert together (he actually expressed interest in seeing my favorite bands with me (PJ, DMB, Foos), but passed before any of that materialized though), he splurged on fantastic seats for my 16th birthday. We had the best time. At the end, he said, "Sam, I don't think I've ever seen you this happy!" Will never forget it. I know he would have called me the early morning after the show, wanting to know every detail. Damn, I miss him. Will be thinking about him throughout the whole concert for sure, just as you'll be thinking of your brother!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403

Hahahahaha
    HAHAHA!!!!
  • Options
    Y
    samjam said:

samjam said:

I can't wait.

So excited.

I'm really sorry about your brother. I can relate. My father got me into The Who, one of his very favorite bands. I remember being young, maybe 2, and listening to cassettes with him in the car, and always asking him to do the "Boris the Spider voice" cause it would crack me up. It's amazing how the songs went from fun songs to sing along to with dad, to songs that really meant a ton to me as I grew up, and I'm still finding meaning in them. Anyway, my dad saw them in NYC in the '60s, once again at Woodstock, and then for a final time with me in 2008. It was our one and only concert together (he actually expressed interest in seeing my favorite bands with me (PJ, DMB, Foos), but passed before any of that materialized though), he splurged on fantastic seats for my 16th birthday. We had the best time. At the end, he said, "Sam, I don't think I've ever seen you this happy!" Will never forget it. I know he would have called me the early morning after the show, wanting to know every detail. Damn, I miss him. Will be thinking about him throughout the whole concert for sure, just as you'll be thinking of your brother!
    yes for sure ill be thinking of my brother, and you your father, but this is a celebration. If there are tears, they will be happy tears.

As a friend of mine said, talk about worlds colliding. :). Knowing that Pete came first (pun intended) then Ed for me.

Hope to meet you Ms. Samjam. :)

Don't it make you smile . .
  • Options
    PureandEasy - are you going to be home in time for Sunday's show?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead